Chapter 4

Why?

“Hey folks. What about a movie night at my place? Tomorrow is weekend. Let’s get loose. And I mean you, Kyungsoo. Put that book away! Are you married with those books? Geez. Get a life.”

Luhan shivered as the wide-eyed boy threw him a death glare.

“Save me Sehun-ah.” He pulled the tall boy in front of him, hoping it could block ‘I’m going to kill you in your sleep’ stare.

“You sure love to dig your own grave, Lu-ge.” Tao snickered before continuing what he had done before, fan-boying over some Gucci bags in latest issue of Vogue.

“Wey ar ou pwincess?”

“English please Minseok hyung. And no talking when your mouth full with food.” Suho threw a disgusted look (that what he thought, instead he looked like he was suffering from constipation).

“She has a group discussion in library. She told us not to wait for her.” Kai answered after his brain successfully digest Minseok’s question.

“So Kai, I heard you two sleep together last night.”

Kris who was sipping his orange juice, sprayed out the juice and it landed on Chanyeol’s face.

“What the hell, Kris?”

“Let me clean that for you.” Baekhyun grabbed a tissue from his pocket and started wiping Chanyeol’s face.

“Did you two really sleep together? OH MY GUCCI LOUIS VUITTON PRADA!” Tao squeaked, Lay who was sleeping peacefully beside him woke up, scanning around him then went back to sleep.

Tao covered his mouth with both hands. He didn’t want to deal with angry Lay.

“What? It was raining with thunder last night. You knew Haeri is afraid of that. So I went to her house to accompany her. Her parent wasn’t home. Can you imagine how terrified she was? Luckily I have her house security password.” Kai answered lazily.

“And why did you have that?” Chen gave him his ‘I was judging you’ look.

“I asked for that? Duh.”

Eleven pairs of eyes fell on Kai and there were smirks plastered on their face.

Kai was oblivious to that.

 


 

Haeri's POV

I sighed.

I missed lunch with my best friends because of this stupid assignment. Better get this over quickly.

I walked around the library, after finding an empty spot, I settled myself down. My arm was sore from carrying these thick books.

But there were no sign of my group mates. Were they messing up with me?

I hate when I was assigned to do assignment with another girl in my classroom. I knew they were not very fond of me. Because of my close friendship with EXO.

After 30 minutes, I gave up on waiting and proceed to do the work by myself. I was not going to put my grade at stake because of some ignorant people.

My stomach made some weird noise. I was hungry. I didn’t have time to fix myself a breakfast this morning. And it was Kai’s fault. Why he had to come last night?

Flashback

I heard my alarm rang at full blast. But the warmth that surrounded me dragged me back to sleep. It was not half an hour before 8, I sprung out from the bed, but I was being held by a tight grip around my waist.  What in the Earth was happening? Why Kai in my bed?

Then I remembered what happened last night.

‘What an idiot.” I said as I caressed Kai sleeping face. He looked like an angel. I smiled to myself. I couldn’t bring myself to disturb him but were going to be late to school.

“Kai. Wake up. It’s morning.”

“Hmm... 5 minutes more, mom.” Kai turned to his back.

“Yah! Who is your mom?” I raised my voice.

Kai’s eyes bursted open and he let out an unmanly shriek when he saw me.

“Haeri! What are you doing here?” He sat up, his hands rubbed the sleep off his eyes.

I might die from the sight. He was so cute!

“This is my house Kai.” I spoke after I calmed myself down.

“Owh.” He rubbed his nape. Was he blushing? “I guess I’ll get going first.” He stood up and took a long stride to the door.

“Kai?” He halted his steps and turned his head to look at me.

“Thank you.” I said.

He flashed his killer smile.

“I’ll see you at school, Haeri.”

End of flashback

I heard a chair beside me was being pulled. I fixed my eyes on my work, thinking it was one of my group mate decided to show up. I decided to ignore the other existence. I was mad.

It was not until my face was shoved with a pack of kimbap.

I grunt and snapped my head to look at the intruder.

My expression change 360 degrees. My lips tugged upward.

There was Kai, looking at me with his adorable face.

“I know you don’t have a meal yet. So eat this.” He waved the kimbap in front of my face.

“Thank you.” I said as I unwrapped the kimbap and shoving that into my mouth. I was so hungry I had no time to take care of my image.

“Easy there. You looked like you don’t eat for ages.” Kai chuckled.

“I thought you have group discussion? Where are the others?”

I shrugged.

I heard Kai let out a deep sigh.

He then ruffled my hair before saying “Let me help you with this.”

I was in cloud 9 that day. Nothing could tear a smile from my face. Not even when I tripped myself when I was walking home there were some inconsiderate bastards laughing at me. I got up by myself and started laughing. They stopped laughing and threw me a weird look. They must think I was some kind of fool.

 


 

At Luhan’s house

12 of them were splayed across the living room, watching The Avengers. Haeri couldn’t join them since she needed to attend her family gathering and that explained the gloomy aura in Kai.

 “I’m manly so let’s watch manly movie.” as Luhan said that, Sehun snorted.

Chen was rolling on the floor, with a hand on his stomach, unable to control his laugh.

Kyungsoo looked like he was so done with his life before grabbing his book and started reading.

“But I want to watch How to Train Your Dragon. It has dragon in that!” Kris whined.

Tao put on his Chanel shades (who wear sunglasses indoor? Hmm... Tao?) and took a selfie.

“But unicorn exist!” Lay voice echoed somewhere.

“Yes Lay. They are.” Suho sound indifferent. He was already used with Lay weird obsession toward unicorn.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol comfortably cuddled on the sofa, whispering to each other, oblivious to what had happened around them.

Meanwhile in the kitchen, Minseok rummaged Luhan’s fridge and his eyes sparkled when he saw the frozen red bean buns.

It took 45 minutes for all of them to settle down, eyes locked at the TV.

“If Haeri is here, she can control all of you better.” Suho said, breaking the silent.

“Agree. I missed her. Did she have to go to that stupid family gathering?” Kai sighed.

“It’s her family Kai.” Kyungsoo spoke for the first time that night.

“But we are her friends. Friends are important too.” Kai reasoned.

“Not you, I think. You are more than that.” Chanyeol grinned.

“What do you mean?” Panic crept into Kai when he heard what Chanyeol said.

 ‘Did they know?’ Kai asked himself. In his mind.  

“You think you can hide something from us?” Suho added.

“I... I don’t know what the hell you are talking about. I need to pee.” Kai ran toward the toilet.

He splashed water on his face.

‘How did they know? Was I being too obvious?’

He felt his phone vibrated. He fished out the phone from his pocket and unlocked the screen. He opened the message he just received.

Hey, how’s movie night? What are u guys watching? –HAERI

He somehow forgot about the situation that he put himself into just now.

Smiling, he typed a reply.

Good. But it is better if u are here. We miss u. –KAI

‘I miss you’... But he kept the words to himself. 

 

*A/N

So what do you think?? leave us comments..we loved reading that.. and thanks for the subscribers..

-daemyeonseok-