Chapter 1

Why?

I dawdle down the hallways quietly, as to not atract any attention to myself.

 

I knew that plan was a failure when I felt a sharp pain hit my face and then an ache in my nose.

 

I had been tripped. I look up to search for the culprit, but all I see are cruel smiles and people snickering.

 

I don't even bother to try and get up. This is pretty normal. It doesn't mean it hurts any less though.

 

I feel tears prickle my eyes. 

 

"Yah!" I am snapped out of my self pity when I hear a loud, powerful voice.

 

Immediaty the whispering ceases and I can't fight the smile making its way to my face.

 

I feel a pair of strong arms surround me and lift me up.

 

"Who did this?" Barks the same voice.

 

Nobody steps forward, in fact, all the students scatter completely.

 

I look up to see three of my best friends.

 

Kai turns around straight away, the anger in his face softens, along with his voice. "Are you okay?"

 

I blush and nod.

 

I feel Chanyeol give me a quick side hug and I feel the weight of my backpack disappearing and I turn to see Kris smiling as he slings it over his shoulder.

 

I return his smile and we make our way to class.

 

__________________________

 

"What took you so long?" Baekhyun asks playfully. His feet are rested on top of his desk with his arms folded.

 

"The usual." Chanyeol sighed. Baekhyun nodded, understanding.

 

Kris places my bag down on the desk in front of Baekhyun's.

 

I inwardly giggle as I look at the formation of our desks.

 

Kai and Kris are on my left and right, Chanyeol is in front of me, and Baekhyun is behind.

 

As if they're creating a wall to protect me.

 

But knowing them, they probably are.

 

__________________________

 

My group of friends had been called EXO by the other students, but it had a nce ring to it, so we decided to call oursleves that too. The name has stuck with us and it's almost as if it is apart of us now.

 

I have known EXO since kindergarten. Although it seems like there are only the five of us, there are actually a total of 13 (including myself). The rest of them are just in a different maths class.

 

I don't exactly remember how we all became friends, but I think we just all came into the group one by one throughout our kindergarten year at school.

 

I smile, thinking about how we have managed to stay so close until our second year of high school, and we have no signs of falling apart.

 

I'm not going to lie. They are all really attractive, but that's not why I like them. 

 

But that's probably why other people do.

 

Ever since the 13 of us entered middle school, I had been the main target of many female students. At first I had no idea why, but then I heard girls giggling about them in the changing room. Only then had it dawned on me that I was being bullied because of my closeness with them. It was also only then that I had realised how attractive they were.

 

I began to feel insecure about myself. I noticed that I wasn't pretty enough, skinny enough or smart enough.

 

The first to notice my insecurity was Kai. From there, EXO made sure I felt even more apart of the group, insisted EXO was not EXO without me.

 

Eventually, I lost that insecurity and I know how important I am to EXO, as EXO is to me.

 

We became like a family. They were like overprotective of me like a bunch of big brothers, it always put a smile on my face to know I was loved like that.

 

________________________

 

By the time we reached the end of middle school, I began to feel nervous around Kai, eventually I realised that I like him.

 

The only other person who knows is Kris. But he is sworn to secrecy.

 

______________________

 

"...Ri? Haeri?! HAERI?" I snapped out of my daze, to see EXO all staring at me.

 

"You sure you're okay?" Baekhyun asked.

 

I nodded and slid into my seat.

 

The teacher walked in and began the lesson.

 

______________________

 

Hi!

 

Sorry about the short and boring chapter, I just wanted to introduce all the characters properly and stuff.

 

So what did you guys think?

 

The actual story begin next chapter so please look forward to it.

 

Please comment and subscribe if you like the story.

 

Bye!~