The Guy Who Picks A Great Big Fight

Korea's Next Top Model, Guys and Girls (K-POP EDITION)

JANG YOON JU

Previously on Korea's Next Top Model, our 16 model-wannabe idols were picked to participate in the competition. Some revived their good friendships, while others did not manage to. Sungyeol in particular caused a lot of mayhem in the house, and making Hyungsik fall into despair. For the first challenge, the models had to walk on a treadmill runway. Of course, there were thrills....and spills. For the first photoshoot, the contestants participated in a photoshoot which made the opening titles of the very show. Despite Leo's seemingly introverted and quiet nature, he wowed the judges in panel with his stellar photograph. Minho and Sooyoung landed in the bottom two, both for not using their potential to their fullest in the photoshoot. But Sooyoung was the first sent packing, due to her resting on pretty in her photo.

15 models remain, each vieing for the top prizes: a cash prize of 100 million won, a modelling contract with Next Models, a cover shoot and editorial in W Magazine Korea, a 10 page spread in Ceci magazine, and a 3 month working trip to New York City, all expenses paid. Who will be eliminated tonight?

[Intro plays, showing contestants all dressed in black and posing on geometric three dimensional structures in order:

LEO

KYUNGRI

EUAERIN

MINHO

RAVI

UEE

YOOYOUNG

NANA

KAI

CHANYEOL

NARA

HYUNGSIK

SOOYOUNG

ZELO

NAEUN

SUNGYEOL

Cut to Jang Yoon Ju, standing in front of all the models.]

[at the house]

LEO (confessional)

I'm so happy that I got best photo! I didn't think that I would get so much praise. It feels great to have my photo displayed in the house. I guess now I feel encouraged to kick in the next photoshoot!

RAVI (confessional)

I'm proud of Leo. My hyung definitely made us and the Starlights proud. I hope he does really well in the next photoshoot.

SUNGYEOL (confessional)

Leo had better celebrate his happiness while he still can. I am gonna beat him for sure in the next photoshoot. He doesn't look like a model and I think I am more good looking that him. I hope he does bad.

NANA (confessional)

None of these girls work hard as I do. I know that I can kick in the photoshoot because I think I have the most modelesque look out of all the girls here.

MINHO (confessional)

I didn't think that I would be in the bottom 2. I was really scared I was gonna go home. I felt bad Sooyoung left though, she has a great height and pair of legs to die for, and I thought she would make it further. But at the same time this is a competition, and I really need to do my best, and prove the judges that I do deserve this.

ZELO 

GUYS!! YOONJU MAIL!

ALL

"Who's got the fashionista gene? Who's got the fierce gene? It's your chance to show it in the challenge tomorrow! Love, Yoon Ju."

[at the challenge]

HAN HYEYEON

Good morning babies!

ALL

Good morning!

HAN HYEYEON

Welcome to Shop it Up! This is where we are going to have you do your second challenge! How are we all feeling today?

ALL

Good!

HAN HYEYEON

Great! For this challenge, you will all split into groups of five. Each group will be assigned a particular concept that they will have to rock. And they will do that by using the clothes all around the store. And who will also be judging is, in fact, one of the contestants from last cycle, Lee Chulwoo!

[several girls squeal and fangirl over his entrance]

LEE CHULWOO

Hello everybody!

MINHO (confessional)

I think Sooyoung would have been super happy to see him. After Tiffany worked with him....

NARA (confessional)

Oh. My. God. I. Can't. Even. He was the best from last cycle!

YOOYOUNG (confessional)

Gyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

LEE CHULWOO

As you know, each group will have to embody a different concept. Group 1 will be Zelo, Naeun, Nana, Hyungsik and Sungyeol. You all will embody the theme 'y'.

HYUNGSIK (confessional)

I really didn't want Nana or Sungyeol in my group. They're always causing trouble with other people. Sungyeol is like the last person I wanna mingle with.

NANA (confessional)

I can't believe I was teamed up with these losers! Naeun is just a cutsie pie with no clue of iness, and Zelo is just a naive cute little boy who can't even work it out.

SUNGYEOL (confessional)

They are losers but hopefully I will just outshine all of them. The challenges do involve individual judging don't they? Anyways I will win! For sure!

LEE CHULWOO

Righty-o. Group 2 will consist of Minho, Nara, Yooyoung, Euaerin and Ravi. You will all embody the theme 'fierce'. And finally, Group 3, Leo, Uee, Kai, Chanyeol and Kyungri. You will all embody the theme 'classic'. 

RAVI (confessional)

I was disappointed since i thought Leo and I would be great for 'fierce', but we'll just have to do our stuff.

LEE CHULWOO

Alright! Are you models ready?

ALL

YES!!

LEE CHULWOO

However. There is ONE catch. You all only have 10 minutes around the whole area, so you really need to co-operate as a team and work hard. Are you all ready?

ALL

YES!!

LEE CHULWOO

Well the time starts in 3.....2.....1.....START!

[10 minutes later. The y group consists of Zelo and Sungyeol in black tops and pants and high tops, Hyungsik in a white suit, Nana in a super low cut black dress with black stockings and heels and heavy makeup, and Naeun in a dark pink dress and some makeup. The fierce group involves Minho in a black decorated tank top with leather jacket and black tight pants with black high tops and some eyeliner, Nara in a pinkish purple dress with some makeup, Euaerin in a dark red long dress with makeup, Yooyoung in a black tight dress, and Ravi in a dark gray diamond decorated jacket with matching pants, and a black shirt underneath. The classic group consists of Leo in a black zoot suit, Kai and Chanyeol in dark gray Victorian gothic like suits, with Kyungri in a goth Lolita dress and umbrella, and Uee in a white Lolita dress with ribbons and lace.]

LEE CHULWOO

TIME IS UP! Wow, look at you models! You all clearly have brought something together! Let's start with the y group. What did you try to do and how did you try to embody 'y'?

SUNGYEOL

Well, y to us is bold, and it is confident, and it is out there.

LEE CHULWOO

I just don't see anything in sync right now. The colours you are wearing are all over the place, so you clearly didn't bring your ideas together. While Hyungsik is the only one wearing a suit and Naeun and Nana are wearing completely different dresses, and Zelo and Sungyeol are just simply wearing tops and bottoms, it seems like you didn't bother to cooperate and more or less went on with your own interpretations only. It's ranging from plain to ty to w-t-f.

HYUNGSIK (confessional)

This is so humiliating! I can't believe I was chosen to be with Sungyeol. The next time we are in a group I'll be sure to smack him in the face.

LEE CHULWOO

Now, to the fierce group, Well, looks like we have made some good choices. I like how you both decided to do contrasting, but well complimented concepts. You boys seemed to approach a vampiresque fierce look, while you ladies seemed to approach a damsel in distress but fierce like concept. So we have some things working well here.

MINHO

Thank you.

LEE CHULWOO

Now the classic group. I am loving it! You all worked really well, and took a gothic approach to it, and I love that you decided to use the contrasting colours black and white which reflects on the Victorian era and the sort-of pilgrim era too where black and white has always been retro. I think you have worked very well compared to the other groups!

Now we will decided the winning group. We have evaluated you all on your individidual performances, as well as your ability to work together as a team. And the winning group is group number......3.

GROUP 3

YESSS!!!!

LEE CHULWOO

You all worked really well. However, there can only be one winner. And that winner is...........Leo!

LEO

No way!

LEE CHULWOO

Congratulations! You get a 1 million won shopping spree here, and you get to choose two friends! Who do you pick?

LEO

I will pick Ravi and Uee.

LEE CHULWOO

Congratulations, you three! Off you go and shop till you drop!

[at the house]

SUNGYEOL (confessional)

I honestly don't care about what they think about me. They are just jealous because I had a unique idea for the challenge and they were just too defiant to appreciate it. Those es can get mad, I'll be like 'whatever'.

LEO

Hey guys! We're back!

KAI

How was it!

CHANYEOL

You bought so much!

LEO 

Wanna take a look?

NAEUN

Sure!

NARA

Guys! Yoon Ju Mail!

ALL

"Do you all have royal blood? I thought not so. Well you all will in tomorrow's photoshoot! Love, Yoon Ju."

[the next day]

HAN HYEYEON

Good morning everybody. We are here at the majestic palace of Gyeongbokgung! Today you are all going to be posing as powerful princes and princesses of the palace, wearing hanbok designed by Ha Sang Baek!

HA SANG BAEK

Hi everyone! Nice to see y'all again!

HAN HYEYEON

I know it is hot now, but you gotta make the photo look hot. Are you all ready?

ALL

YES!!

HAN HYEYEON

Well, let's start and get your hair and makeup done!

[after the photoshoot]

RAVI

YOON JU MAIL!

ALL

"Tomorrow you will meet with the judges. Only 14 of you will continue the journey to becoming Korea's Next Top Model. Love, Yoon Ju."

[at judging]

JANG YOON JU

Hi everyone! Welcome to your second judging. Here at panel we have our lovely judges, Han Hyeyeon, creative director, Lee Hyeju, editor of W Magazine, Kim Wonjung, fashion model, and our guest judge, Cycle 5 contestant, Lee Chulwoo! As you all now, our prizes are a cash prize of 100 million won, a modelling contract with Next Models, a cover shoot and editorial in W Magazine Korea, a 10 page spread in Ceci magazine, and a 3 month working trip to New York City, all expenses paid. Who will be eliminated tonight?

For this photoshoot, you all had to pose at Gyeongbokgung, as powerful princes and princesses of the palace wearing hanbok designed by Ha Sang Baek. First up is Leo.

[photo shows]

Amazing. You didn't fail to create a stunning shot, once again.

HAN HYEYEON

You were great to work with and there were just so many shots to choose from.

LEO

Thank you.

JANG YOON JU

Naeun.

[photo shows]

Well, this is a great improvement. You look graceful, glamorous, and are really feeling the gown. You were in the bottom three last week, and this is a big step up for you!

NAEUN

Thank you so much!

JANG YOON JU

Sungyeol.

[photo shows]

I don't think that angle is the best to choose in this photo. Your face is absolutely stunning, but the hanbok is dead, your arms and legs are dead, and you look more like a marionette instead.

Minho.

[photo shows]

Wow Minho this is a massive improvement! This definitely isn't the Minho that was in the bottom 2! Keep it up! This is amazing Minho!

MINHO 

Thank you very much!

JANG YOON JU

Euaerin.

[photo shows]

This is a bit of a disappointment compared to your last photo, which was beautiful. The body looks good, but the facial expression is awkward. Like a mother scolding a child for bad behaviour; "HEY! What are you doing?"

Kyungri.

[photo shows]

Gorgeous. I think you look stunning.

Ravi.

[photo shows]

KIM WONJUNG

I am in love with this photo. Your eyes are gazing towards the camera, you're selling it, you're putting it all together.

JANG YOON JU

Hyungsik.

[photo shows]

You are a very handsome boy in person. And in this photo I see it too, but it's just a pretty boy, standing there. It makes me question where he can be in the fashion industry.

Kai.

[photo shows]

The poses are very dynamic! You have taken some of the 'dancer' energy into it, and you have been playing with the hanbok really well. Great job.

Chanyeol.

[photo shows]

You have big doe eyes, and a great body, but there is nothing particularly special about the photo.

Nana.

[photo shows]

Stunner! Looks like it could be a cosmetic ad, since the camera loves your beautiful face, but I think you should have put more energy into your body.

Nara.

[photo shows]

Love it. I think you look great.

Yooyoung.

[photo shows]

Too catalogue for me. I think you should have been more creative and played with the set.

Zelo.

[photo shows]

Well this is a great improvement from last week. Keep up the good work.

Uee.

[photo shows]

It's a bit generic for me. It's not a horrible photo. But I know you can do better.

UEE

Thanks.

JANG YOON JU

Now it's time for the judges to deliberate, and when I call you back, I will announce which one of you will be eliminated.

[backstage]

SUNGYEOL

I ing told you guys you should have listened to what I said! Because of you our group had a bad reputation....

NANA

Oh yeah? Well, YOU messed it up for us. What the hell kind of outfit was that? It looked like you picked it out from a trash can!

SUNGYEOL

Yeah, well you're a typical , you can't follow instructions or take people's advice!

MINHO (confessional)

Uh oh....oh no, not again! Here goes the drama!

UEE

Well, you need to have a mind of your own! You need to have a mind of your own!

SUNGYEOL 

How about you es practise shutting your blabbering mouth?

UEE

You practice stopping ing and belitting other people and pretending that your superior to everyone else?

SUNGYEOL

That's because I deserve it. I take from the whiny babies here, I take crap from the judges, I take crap from the was-a-dumb-blonde guest judge this week, and I was taking it all in and I am so like ing frustrated because you all are ganging up on me.

NANA

Maybe it's because you deserve it because you are acting like such a jerk! The only reason you are two-faced is because you are a conceited backstabbing inside who only acts like a sweet little prince in front of the judges!

SUNGYEOL

That's because I AM SWEET INSIDE! If that is your valid point, you are basically contradicting yourself and making yourself a . So I can call you ?

NANA

You will NOT call me to ma mothain face!

SUNGYEOL

Who's the now? Double ?

NANA

You shut the up!

SUNGYEOL

No you shut up! You shut your gonna shut up mouth or I'll sew em up myself!

LEO (confessional)

This is really intense and a little scary right now. Sungyeol always acts so aggressive and is willing to pick a fight with anyone, even Nana.

SUNGYEOL

I don't care! I'm about to flipping punch somebody! I deserve this! None of you peasants work as hard as I do! I am at least making a commitment to every single moment of this competition.

UEE

The only thing you are making a commitment to is making an even bigger fool out of yourself!

SUNGYEOL

if you don't shut up with your shenanigan pishposh talk I'm gonna ring the alarm and call all my bros to come kick your !

UEE

You shut up!

SUNGYEOL

You shut up!

UEE

You shut up, you FILTHY MOUTH!

UEE (confessional)

I just don't like referring to him as a little and I only make it clear about my thoughts. I didn't even say anything to him and he abused the out of me. So I have nothing to do with people who abuse and use dirty language.

SUNGYEOL (confessional)

The competition is hotting up. I'm not here to make friends or BFFs, but at the same time I'm not here to make enemies. This is a competition and it's getting real.

[at judging]

JANG YOON JU

15 beautiful models stand before me. But I only have 14 photos in my hands. These photos represent the 14 of you that will still be in the running towards becoming Korea's Next Top Model. Best photograph goes to.....

Leo.

Second time in a row! Congratulations, you are still in the running towards becoming Korea's Next Top Model.

LEO

Thank you so much!

JANG YOON JU

Runner up for best photo goes to.....

Minho!

Minho, you improved vastly. And I am very happy. Congratulations.

MINHO

Thank you!

JANG YOON JU

Naeun. You went from very near bottom to very near top. Congratulations!

NAEUN

Thank you!

JANG YOON JU

Ravi.

Kai.

Zelo.

Kyungri.

Nana.

Euaerin.

Nara.

Uee.

Chanyeol.

Sungyeol.

Will Hyungsik and Yooyoung please step forward?

Two beautiful models stand before me, but I only have one photo in my hands. This photo represents the beauty that will still be in the running towards becoming Korea's Next Top Model. I will call only one name and the person I do not call must immediately return to the house, pack up, and leave.

Hyungsik. The judges look at you and see a handsome young man strutting straight and tall in front of us. They know you have all the potential in the world, but are you able to use that to deliver a better photo?

Yooyoung. Gorgeous face, but two consecutive average photos. The judges wonder if you are comfortable in your skin and ready to be a model.

So who stays in this competition?

[pulls out photo]

Hyungsik.

Hyungsik, being a model isn't just about resting on handsome and relying on what Mommy and Daddy gave you. It's about wowing the world. Showing them who you are. And I know that you can do it. You just have to unleash that potential and make sure that captures inside a photo, with confidence when you get in front of a camera. So when you go home tonight, I want you to look in the mirror, and practice, practice, practice. Can you do that?

HYUNGSIK

I will.

JANG YOON JU

Congratulations, you're still in the running towards becoming Korea's Next Top Model.

HYUNGSIK

Thank you.

JANG YOON JU

Yooyoung, you are a beautiful girl, but you can't just rest on doing generic poses. You gotta work for it and sell it! But with a little bit of practice, I believe that you have potential to become bigger. And you are already a star, and as a member of Hello Venus, you gotta use that energy and confidence and be that you!

YOOYOUNG 

Thank you so much. Bye guys. Good luck!

[at the house]

YOOYOUNG (confessional)

[tearing up] I didn't want to go home. I thought I was gonna make it further, so I'm really disappointed.

[shows portfolio]

But I will take Yoon Ju's advice and work for whatever it takes to be a model. Because I know I am not just a pretty girl walking down the street. If I work for it, I know I can do it. Because I know I have more potential that I can imagine. Modelling doesn't stop here for me.

[shows fadeout, Yooyoung fades out]

NEXT EPISODE:

HAN HYEYEON

MAKEOVERS!!!

UEE

Oh. My. God. He just goes snip-snip-snip with the scissors. It's so suspenseful and scary!!

MINHO

Daaaaaaaaaaaaamn.

NAEUN

Please I just hope that they don't cut my hair.

SUNGYEOL

Nooooo I hate this hair!