The Girl Who Wants It Really Badly

Korea's Next Top Model, Guys and Girls (K-POP EDITION)

JANG YOON JU

5 cycles, 5 winners, 5 years, and 5 successes. Korea's Next Top Model has hosted 5 successful cycles, recruiting participants to join this intensive modelling competition from the entire nation. Over the first 4 cycles, it has always been a "No Boys Allowed" club, but I have then opened the doors to everyone, and that's how I started the Guys and Girls cycle. And we are going through this again, this time, with your favourite K-pop idols! That's how I created a special cycle for this show, Korea's Next Top Model: Guys and Girls, K-pop Edition!

I recruited 16 K-pop idols in total who want to be fashion models and work professionally within the field. 8 guys and 8 girls. All are very diverse in looks, talent, style, personality and determination for the show. Their fans are watching too, along with the viewers, so the stakes are much much higher than any other cycle.

Even though everybody has a dream to become a model, the idols will still experience the equally intense crash course in top modelling just as our previous contestants have, and this cycle will therefore only be more extreme. Watch out for the tears, the fears, and the meltdowns! Watch the show as each model is pushed beyond their own personal boundaries!

But the winner, who will be crowned Korea's Next Top Model, will walk out proudly with a cash prize of 100 million won, a modelling contract with Next Models, a cover shoot and editorial in W Magazine Korea, a 10 page spread in Ceci magazine, and a 3 month working trip to New York City, all expenses paid. 

Let the games begin!

[Camera reverts to the model house, and the 16 contestants get off the limousine as they reach the model house]

KAI (confessional)

I never would have thought that Jang Yoonju would have picked me to be on Korea's Next Top Model. I have always been training at SM in singing and dancing, and I didn't think that I would be here. I'm just excited to start learning about modelling, and I'll make sure to kick in every challenge!

KAI

Chanyeol?! I didn't know you'd be here too!

CHANYEOL

Well, now you know! [throws Kai into an embrace]

CHANYEOL (confessional)

I was equally as surprised to see Kai. I guess that we were both chosen without either of us knowing who or when we would make it to the show or not. Boy will the other members be surprised when they find out about how far we've made it on the show! But at the same time, I'm excited to see how far I can make it.

NAEUN

Hey Sooyoung!

SOOYOUNG

Hey! [hugs Naeun] It's great too see you!

NAEUN 

I know, it's crazy, eh? I can't believe we're here! I'm so excited to nail all the challenges and stuff!

SOOYOUNG

Ooooh, I've never touched a runway before! It must be creepy as hell!

NAEUN

I hope not.

UEE

There's so many guys in the house, it's crazy! I never thought I'd see a lot of hot guys!

NANA

I know, right! It's crazy! This is Guys and Girls! We are definitely meeting loads of new people!

UEE

Yeah, I agree!

SOOYOUNG

Come on, girls! It's ladies' time! Let's celebrate! Who wants to jump in the pool!

[Naeun, Nara and Yooyoung follow her]

NANA (confessional)

These girls are so childish. Sooyoung is just too wild for me. But then again, I'm not here to make friends. I'm here to steal the show and to win the ultimate goal; Korea's Next Top Model.

[Kyungri and Euaerin arrange their stuff in their rooms]

KYUNGRI (confessional)

Euaerin and I have always been friends and modelling for 6 years, represented by the same agencies. We are also members of Nine Muses. We ARE muses. I think that we have the grace of a Top Model, but also the determination and ability. Guys, this might be your time, but the girls still are gonna take over.....muahahahahahhahahaa. :)

CHANYEOL (confessional)

Girls, you may have it, but we'll see about that! We guys will rock the show just as much, and be strong!

[Leo is by himself, with Ravi.]

LEO (confessional)

I've never had any modelling experience. I never thought that I'd be picked, and I want to make the most out of this. I look forward to the photoshoots, but I don't think runway is my forte.

RAVI

Don't worry, Leo. If we stick together, we can rock this competition!

MINHO (confessional)

I am the visual of SHINee. It feels a little intimidating because all these idols are not just ordinary idols. They have unique modelesque looks. I wonder if I'll be able to compete with them.

ZELO (confessional)

I'm the youngest in the competition, but I think that if I work for it, I can do it.

HYUNGSIK (confessional)

I was on many shows, including the famous "Real Man". If I can do well on that show, I think my confidence for that as well as performances as a ZE:A member will hopefully do me some justice in the competition.

[Sungyeol comes to his room, stashes his stuff around the place]

SUNGYEOL

Sup es! I'm here!

MINHO (confessional)

Uh oh! Here goes drama!

SUNGYEOL (confessional)

I'm the best looking in Infinite so it's no wonder that they chose me. I AM Korea's Next Top Model. These guys and girls just don't know it yet, because I have the charisma, the looks, the talent, the height and everything. I think they are just pretty boys and girls stuck in a sea of flower kids. I think I am better looking than seem of those wannabes out there. Leo is so boring and quiet. He looks like a psychopathic cyborg. Naeun is a pathetic Barbie wannabe. Kai is equally a Ken wanna be as much as Naeun thinks her doll features will get her anywhere. Ravi looks like a gangster geek. Nara looks like a plastic surgery addict. Oh well it doesn't matter. I will be the winner anyway.

SUNGYEOL

Move over, es! The kitchen is mine!

HYUNGSIK

Hey! That's my space! 

SUNGYEOL

Well, the fridge doesn't have your name on it, so I can have all the space! [throws stuff on the counter] You are no one to tell me what to do!

HYUNGSIK

Sungyeol, why do you have to be so mean?

SUNGYEOL

I'm not being mean, I was just saying the truth bro. I am better and more popular than you anytime, so shut up.

[Hyungsik's eyes start filling with tears, before Leo starts to console him]

LEO

Don't listen to that loser. He's just trying to bring you down.

SUNGYEOL

[shouts] That WHAT?!

LEO

You leave Hyungsik alone!

SUNGYEOL

What's your problem, cyborg?

LEO

If I were you I'd just keep my lips shut.

SUNGYEOL

So be it. Shut your mouth then. My mouth can get me anywhere!

NAEUN (confessional)

I can't believe it, the first day and already there is a fight.....Sungyeol is acting like a pushover, but then it came to a point where the fight got intense that we had to seperate the two before it got any worse. But then, before Sungyeol could throw a fit......

UEE

Everyone! We have Yoonju Mail!

EVERYONE

"Can you walk the walk, and run on the runway? Find out what's in store for your first challenge," Love, Jang Yoon Ju.

YOOYOUNG (confessional)

I was really excited because it was the first challenge.

LEO (confessional)

I'm scared about what will happen to me. I'm bad at runways.

[Later]

JANG YOON JU

Hi models!

EVERYONE

Hi!

JANG YOON JU

Welcome to Cycle 6 of Korea's Next Top Model!

[everyone applauds]

As you all know, you are here for your first challenge; walking on the runway. But, this runway is no ordinary runway. The runway will be a treadmill, and will be accompanied with multicolored flashing lights, just like a music stage, so you'll have to make the most out of it, as models and idols! But first, you need a walking lesson. Straighten up your back, chest out, chin up, move arms slightly and walk delicately.

[after lesson]

Well, with that being done, are you ready to start the challenge?

EVERYONE

YES!!!

JANG YOON JU

OKAY EVERYOEN LET'S GET YOUR MAKEUP AND OUTFITS DONE!

[after show]

LEO (confessional)

I was really scared I was gonna fall. But I just hope I don't get sent home.

SUNGYEOL (confessional)

I feel so good about myself. I wasn't nervous at all. I was the best obviously.

NAEUN (confessional)

It was seriously intimidating!

JANG YOON JU

Well, models, that was your first crazy runway show! It was hard, wasn't it? But models have to go through a lot to succeed in this tough business. There are always gonna be thrills and spills. And from some of you, you handled it really well, but for others, you need a lot of work to do. BUT. I have chosen one winner for this challenge, one and one winner only, and the winner will get a 3 million won shopping spree to H&M.

And that winner is......Kyungri! You looked the most comfortable, and even when part of your dress looked like it was gonna fall off, you didn't flinch, and you kept on going! Congratulations!

KYUNGRI 

Thanks!

JANG YOON JU

And you get to choose a friend to go with you, who will it be?

KYUNGRI

I will pick Euaerin.

EUAERIN

Thanks!

JANG YOON JU

Well, you two have fun, and I will all see you in your first photoshoot! Bye everyone!

EVERYONE

Bye!

[later that day]

KYUNGRI

We're home!

NAEUN

Wow you bought a lot!

KYUNGRI

I know! Isn't it cool!

SUNGYEOL (confessional)

I am pissed off. I should have won the challenge. I thought I was the best.

NANA

YOON JU MAIL!

EVERYONE

"Everyone needs to work on their angles and poses in front of the camera. But a model must know when and where they are. Love Yoon Ju.".

RAVI

This must be our first photoshoot!

[everyone applauds]

[The next day]

HAN HYE YEON

Good morning babies!

EVERYONE

Good morning!

HAN HYE YEON

Welcome, idols, to your very first photoshoot. Today you will be working with me, and photographer Kim Sangwoon, who will be taking your photos. For this photoshoot, you will all be posing as fashion models in a high fashion background, which also works as the opening titles for this very show. Are you ready?

EVERYONE

Yes!!

HAN HYE YEON

Alright, let's go!

[after the photoshoot]

HYUNGSIK

Yoon Ju Mail!

EVERYONE

"Tomorrow you will meet with the judges. Only 15 will continue the journey towards becoming Korea's Next Top Model. Love, Yoon Ju,"

LEO (confessional)

It's scary. One of us is getting eliminated already.

[judging room]

JANG YOON JU

Hey everyone!

EVERYONE

Hi!

JANG YOON JU

Welcome to your first judging. Let me introduce you to our judges. Han Hye Yeon, creative director.

HAN HYE YEON

Hi babies!

JANG YOON JU

Global fashion magazine editor, Lee Hyeju.

LEE HYEJU

Hi!

JANG YOON JU

And model, Kim Wonjung.

KIM WONJUNG

Hey everybody!

JANG YOON JU

For this cycle, the winner will receive a cash prize of 100 million won, a cover shoot and editorial in W Magazine Korea, a modelling contract with Next Models, a 10 page spread in Ceci magazine, and a 3 month working trip to New York City, all expenses paid.

For this photoshoot, you all were doing a high fashion photoshoot for the opening credits of this very show. First up is Leo.

LEO

Hi.

JANG YOON JU

How are you?

LEO

Okay. 

JANG YOON JU

This is your best shot.

[photo shows]

JANG YOON JU

Amazing. This is a beautiful shot. The tension in the eyes, the body, the angles, everything. I love everything about this photo.

HAN HYE YEON

He was, by far, my favourite to work with on the set. If I was a client, I'd definitely book him right away.

LEO

Thank you. It's just overwhelming to hear all these elite people telling me I'm beautiful.

JANG YOON JU

And guess what? It's a beautiful thing. You can sing, you can dance, and you can model! You have a lot of talents! You are for sure making those Starlights out there proud.

LEO

Thank you!

JANG YOON JU

Nana.

[photo shows]

JANG YOON JU

Beautiful body language. Your beauty definitely is captured in this photo. However, I feel that you look a little bit too forced, so maybe in future shots, you can pose more naturally.

NANA

Thank you.

JANG YOON JU

Hyungsik.

[photo shows]

It's a nice picture, but I am not seeing much in here. It's just a pretty boy, staring at the camera. When in front of the camera, try to be more creative and using whatever is in your imagination to make it work for the photo.

HYUNGSIK

Okay. Thanks.

JANG YOON JU

Nara.

[photo shows]

Strong bone structure, height, gorgeous face, everything. But I know you can give us some more variety.

Yooyoung.

[photo shows]

It's not a horrible photograph. But I know you can do better, especially with an exotic face like yours.

Kai.

[photo shows]

You have a cute adorable face. But we wanna see more of that. I believe in you, you have the height, the looks and everything. I think that if you take the chance, you can give us something different.

KAI

Thanks.

JANG YOON JU

Naeun.

[photo shows]

You have a friendly and playful face. And that's what I love about it, but what we only see is a pretty face. And that's whom I am seeing right now in panel. If you do survive panel this week, I want you to come back with your hair slicked back into a ponytail for us to see a whole new you.

NAEUN

Okay. Thanks.

JANG YOON JU

Euaerin.

[photo shows]

This is gorgeous! You definitely have what it takes to become a fashion model. One of my favourites so far.

Kyungri.

[photo shows]

Strong high fashion look. Great jaws, lips, face shape and everything. You have a tall, lean, curvy figure, and it's definitely translated into this photo.

Uee.

[photo shows]

Gorgeous. I think you look great.

Ravi.

[photo shows]

LOVE IT! You look great, even some skin and the abs showing. Although it definitely doesn't make the shot too biased to look like a women's magazine shoot; this really works. Your athletic build has captured really well.

RAVI

Thanks!

JANG YOON JU

Zelo.

[photo shows]

You have an adorable face. But I know you can do better.

Chanyeol.

[photo shows]

It's a bit bland with the body, but the face looks amazing. You have big doe eyes, and they look like piercing jewels in this photo.

CHANYEOL

I didn't really think you guys would think my face looks great too!

LEE HYEJU

You're so cute and your voice is handsome!

JANG YOON JU

I didn't even realise the connection between that boy and that voice! Keep it up, Chanyeol.

CHANYEOL

Thank you.

JANG YOON JU

Minho.

[photo shows]

You have a muscular build and a face that can do anything. But it's on the bland side right now. It's just a handsome boy, just standing there. If you do make it, I suggest you to flirt with the camera and do variety as much as you can.

Sooyoung.

[photo shows]

You look shocked and scared. I feel uncomfortable looking at this photo.

SOOYOUNG

I don't know, maybe I'm just overthinking.

JANG YOON JU

In future shoots, avoid overthinking as it can hinder your performance.

SOOYOUNG

Okay. Thanks.

JANG YOON JU

Last but not least is Sungyeol.

[photo shows]

KIM WON JUNG

I'm a fan of his profile shot. However, it has to be done really well.

JANG YOON JU

But when you have one shot to nail it, don't make it a profile shot. Turn towards the barrel of the gun, down the camera, and sell it.

SUNGYEOL

Okay. Thanks.

JANG YOON JU

Now it's time for the judges to deliberate. And when I call you back, I will announce who will still be in the running towards becoming Korea's Next Top Model.

[after deliberation]

JANG YOON JU

16 beautiful models stand before me, but I only have 15 photos in my hands. These photos represent the 15 of you that will still be in the running towards becoming Korea's Next Top Model. Best photo this week goes to.....

Leo.

Congratulations, you're still in the running towards becoming Korea's Next Top Model!

LEO

Thank you so much!

JANG YOON JU

Runner up for best photo goes to....

Ravi.

Euaerin.

Kyungri.

Chanyeol.

Nana.

Sungyeol.

Kai.

Uee.

Nara.

Yooyoung.

Zelo.

Hyungsik.

Naeun.

Will Minho and Sooyoung please step forward?

[both step forward]

2 beautiful models stand before me, but I only have 1 photo in my hands. This photo represents the beauty that will still be in the running towards becoming Korea's Next Top Model. I will call only one name and whosever name I do not call must immediately return to the house, pack your belongings and leave.

You two are beautiful models to the eye, but the judges are concerned that you both may be playing it too safe.

Sooyoung, the judges look at you and see a beautiful girl, tall and thin, with great curves. But the judges are worried that that beauty is not translating into a photo.

Minho, the judges think you are very handsome. Distinguishing features that are unique and I can imagine them being seen in a top magazine any time. But the judges are worried that maybe you are afraid to push forward.

So who stays in this competition?

[pulls out photo]

Minho.

MINHO

[eyes widen]

Thank you so much!

JANG YOON JU

Minho, modelling is not just about getting in front of the camera and relaxing on what Mommy and Daddy gave you. You have to work it and show them what you've got. Use your gifts and take advantage of them, you will then produce a beautiful photo. Can you do that?

MINHO

I can do better.

JANG YOON JU

Congratulations, you're still in the running towards becoming Korea's Next Top Model.

MINHO

Thank you.

JANG YOON JU

Sooyoung, such a gorgeous beautiful girl! But when you go back home, I want you to buy the magazines that you can find. And I want you to study them. Look at how the top fashion models pose and flirt with the camera. And make sure you look in the mirror, and practice, practice, practice. And I know you can do it. I see a bright future ahead of you!

SOOYOUNG

Thank you very much. Bye everyone, good luck!

[cut to house]

SOOYOUNG (confessional)

I really didn't want to be the first one to go home. I thought I was gonna make it further, but that's their decision, so I guess it is fair. I have no regrets at all joining this competition.

[shows portfolio]

I am definitely gonna take what I learned in this competition, and use it to become a better model, because I believe in myself. I am never afraid to aim high, because I know that I can achieve many different things.

[fadeout shows, Sooyoung fades out]

NEXT EPISODE:

SUNGYEOL

How about you practice shutting your blabbering mouth?

MINHO (confessional)

Oh, no, not again! Here goes the drama!

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Alright, what did you think about the first episode and the format? Sorry about the elimination, if it made you upset, but I hope you look forward to the future episodes! Yup, there is definitely gonna be a lot of drama and chaos in the competition, so keep on watch for that! :)