The Girl Who Wants Out

Korea's Next Top Model, Guys and Girls (K-POP EDITION)

JANG YOONJU

Previously on Korea's Next Top Model, the models had to do an intensive posing course with Kim Woobin. Nana won the challenge, and got to do a y steaming photoshoot with Kim Woobin and Lee Jongsuk, leaving the other girls fuming with envy. Then, the models had to pose as twisted fairytale characters. Some struggled, particularly Zelo, who was asked to yell at Kim Woobin to show that he was able to capture emotion anywhere, anytime in front of the camera. Euaerin and Sungyeol landed in the bottom two, but Euaerin was sent home as the judges felt that she was only getting worse.

10 models remain, each vieing for the top prizes: a cash prize of 100 million won, a modelling contract with Next Models, a cover shoot and editorial in W Magazine Korea, a 10 page spread in Ceci magazine, and a 3 month working trip to New York City, all expenses paid. Who will be eliminated tonight?

[Intro plays, showing contestants all dressed in black and posing on geometric three dimensional structures in order:

LEO

KYUNGRI

EUAERIN

MINHO

RAVI

UEE

YOOYOUNG

NANA

KAI

CHANYEOL

NARA

HYUNGSIK

SOOYOUNG

ZELO

NAEUN

SUNGYEOL

Cut to Jang Yoon Ju, standing in front of all the models.]

[at the house]

KYUNGRI (confessional)

Like seriously, I mean wtf. I don't get why Euaerin was sent home and not Sungyeol. He is like the worst contestant in this cycle, or should I say the entire competition. I hope he or Nana goes home this week.

RAVI (confessional)

Sungyeol has already been in the bottom two, like what, three times and he is still here?! This is ridiculous. There has to be some miracle to get him and Nana out of the competition.

NANA (confessional)

YAY! I got best photo AGAIN! I can wait to beat these es down and take the crown!

NAEUN 

YOONJU MAIL!

ALL 

"Modelling is not just about literally modelling. Modelling involves acting too, and you need to get set and get ready to be in front of the camera. Love, Yoonju."

[The next day]

LEE YOUNGJIN

Hi everyone!

ALL

Hi!

LEE YOUNGJIN

I am Lee Youngjin, an actress and a model! Models don't just get in front of the camera and take pictures. They have to be spokespeople for different products too. For that, I am going to give you all an acting lesson.

[After the lesson]

Well, that was really good! Now, sometimes models need to improvise in order to make the commercial look more natural and less rehearsed and rigid. And for that, you will all have to act out a monologue for a made up commercial advertising different objects I assign to you: Nana, you will use a toilet roll.

NANA (confessional)

What. The. . 

LEE YOUNGJIN

Minho, you will use an alarm clock. Leo, you will use a mirror. Ravi, you will use a pen. Nara, you will use a vaccum cleaner. Naeun, you will use a book. Kai, you will use a clipboard. Zelo, you will use a computer mouse. Kyungri, you will use a set of keys. And finally, Sungyeol, you will use a rock.

SUNGYEOL (confessional)

Out of all things, why the hell did I get a rock?!

[after the challenge]

LEE YOUNGJIN

Time's up! Well, you all did a great job. But I wanna start with you, Sungyeol. I was pretty disappointed about your attitude and your commitment to the challenge, because you voluntarily chose to quit it because 'I can't be bothered'. If this really happened in on an actual set, axed. Modelling is not just about performance but it's also about how you act in front of other people, in particular your clients. And Nana, there is a difference between confidence and arrogance. When you are confident, it shows in you. But at the same time, that arrogance can build up and go overboard. Leo, you do need to project your voice because you were way too quiet.

LEO 

Okay.

LEE YOUNGJIN

Well, other than that, I have chosen a winner. And that winner is....Naeun!

NAEUN 

YES!!!

LEE YOUNGJIN

Congratulations, for your reward, you get to go to a special spa treatment.....with me! With cream and strawberries and champagne, fun, eh? But not only that, you get to do a BB cream commercial with me!

NAEUN

This can't be happening!

NANA (confessional)

you, Naeun. I hope you get sent home.

[Later that night]

LEO (confessional)

I am feeling really overwhelmed. What if tomorrow's challenge is a commercial? Because I was told my voice is too quiet, I may get sent home. I just hope I don't.

RAVI

Don't worry, Leo. I can help you. Repeat after me. I am Leo.

LEO

I am Leo.

RAVI

Louder! I can't hardly hear you!

LEO

I am Leo!

RAVI

Louder, bro!

LEO

I AM LEO!

RAVI

I can be the very best!

LEO

I can be the very best!

RAVI

And because I deserve to be here!

LEO

And because I deserve to be here!

RAVI

And because I will be Korea's Next Top Model!

LEO

And because I will be KOREA'S NEXT TOP MODEL!

RAVI

[hi-fives Leo] THAT'S what I'm talking about bro! That's what you need! I knew you had it, I believe in you! Sungyeol will go home for sure because he's not gonna improve.

SUNGYEOL

WHO THE HELL IS TALKING CRAP?!

NAEUN (confessional)

The fighting is only getting worse.

NANA (confessional)

No you won't.

SUNGYEOL (confessional)

I will. I'm here to be Korea's Next Top Model. 

NAEUN

Hey guys! I'm back!

KYUNGRI

How was it!

NAEUN

It was awesome!

KYUNGRI

Oh look! Guys, we have Yoonju Mail!

ALL

"Get ready to be in front of the camera. You can be filmed anytime. Love, Yoonju."

LEO

Oh no, I knew it! It's a commercial.

RAVI

Naw, you will be fine. Remember what you've been told.

LEO

Okay.

SUNGYEOL (confessional)

Oh no you don't. I will wipe him out of this competition and kick his . Muahahahhaahhaaha.

[the next day]

HAN HYEYEON

Good morning models!

ALL

Good morning!

HAN HYEYEON

Today, you will be shooting a commercial for Top World fashion clothing line. You will each be given the same script, and you will be asked to memorize it. There will be NO cue cards, but then again, you can improvise it if you want to. It's all about acting and making the commercial turn out natural. You ready?

ALL

YES!!!

HAN HYEYEON 

Well, then, I'm ready, if you are! The script is as follows: "When I'm in a daze, I need to go for a craze. Luckily, Top World has it all for me. Why? Because there are just so many different colours, shapes, and sizes to choose from. No one can be as insane as I can get when I'm out for the shop. Top World. Dress like you're on top."

[after the challenge]

LEO (confessional)

I don't think I did well. I just hope I don't get sent home.

RAVI 

YOONJU MAIL!

ALL

"Tomorrow, you will meet with the judges. Who will stay? Love, Yoonju."

NARA (confessional)

Uh oh, looks like this elimination is gonna be a mystery!

[at judging]

JANG YOONJU

Hello!

ALL

Hello!

JANG YOONJU

Welcome to judging. You all know our lovely panel of judges: Han Hyeyeon, creative director, Lee Hyeju, editor of W Magazine, Kim Wonjung, fashion model, and guest judge, actor and model Lee Youngjin! As you all now, our prizes are a cash prize of 100 million won, a modelling contract with Next Models, a cover shoot and editorial in W Magazine Korea, a 10 page spread in Ceci magazine, and a 3 month working trip to New York City, all expenses paid.

For your challenge, you all had to do a commercial for Top World clothing line. First up is Leo.

[commercial shows]

LEE YOUNGJIN

I thought it was interesting because you definitely projected your voice and were less rigid compared to the challenge. It seems that I guess you took what I said out and created a fun-loving commercial.

LEO 

Thank you!

JANG YOONJU

I didn't expect to see the other 'you' out of you! You definitely look comfortable and natural in this, and you made a great commercial. Well done.

Nana.

[commercial shows]

Great energy! You make me want to buy the clothes. You definitely committed to the challenge. Well done.

Naeun.

[commercial shows]

Your voice is a bit too girly, although you have great use of body language. I wish you could have toned it down a bit, but I would stay it's not a bad commercial. Satisfactory.

Minho.

[commercial shows]

You look jolly, playful and fun loving, but I think I would have liked to see more energy out of you. You were a bit hesitant in some places.

Kai.

[commercial shows]

Not bad. Not bad at all. I think that you look good and the clothes work nicely on you. Though, maybe you could have given us more facial expressions.

Nara.

[commercial shows]

You looked super nervous in the commercial and you w-w-were s-s-s-t-t-u-t-t-e-r-i-i-n-g a l-l-l-ot. I know that it was hard for you, for everyone in fact, but when the director asks you to get in front of the camera and says 'action', you have to be ready. You have to get ready to commit. I know that this is hard for you, but it was the same for everyone else. And you will still be treated the same way that everyone else is treated in this industry. You have to make it look flawless.

Ravi.

[commercial shows]

KIM WONJUNG

I think you look too clunky.

JANG YOONJU

It's a bit over the top. You could have just relaxed yourself and acted more naturally.

Kyungri.

[commercial shows]

I love it. You look y and confident, and I can definitely see the light coming from you.

Zelo.

[commercial shows]

THAT'S what I mean! We needed that emotion! You have it! I knew you did! You trusted your own instincts, and look at THAT! Great commercial!

Sungyeol.

[commercial shows]

HAN HYEYEON

You look very stiff and uncertain. The posing is awkward and not very masculine, your eyes are not there, you are not working it. I feel uncomfortable looking at this commercial.

JANG YOONJU

I wanna talk to you Sungyeol. You have been given so many chances to be in the competition. And we thought that you would be able to use them to blossom. But still we are getting nothing out of you. And this commercial is no different to your other pictures because it is not a good commercial. I'll tell you one thing, I will be shaking, because you look angry and about to attack the camera. And Lee Youngjin told me that you had a disrespectful attitude during the commercial; you voluntarily chose the give up. Leo may have not been the best, but at least he was putting in a lot of effort to make a good monologue, while you just simply threw it all away. This is a really disappointing and disrespectful thing to do. If you present yourself in front of clients like that, then no one will want to work with you. Now I'm asking you. Do you really want to be here?

SUNGYEOL

Yes, I do, yes, I do, I want this more than anything in the world.

JANG YOONJU

But it's not just about wanting it. You need to show them that you deserve it by committing to the challenges and photoshoots.

SUNGYEOL

Thank you. [cuts off Jang Yoonju before she can finish]

[Jang Yoonju looks at him with a disgusted face.]

JANG YOONJU

The judges and I will not deliberate, and when I call you back, I will announce who will still be in the running towards becoming Korea's Next Top Model.

[after deliberation]

10 beautiful models stand before me. The photographs I have represent the beauties that will still be in the running towards becoming Korea's Next Top Model. Best commercial goes to...

Kyungri.

Congratulations, you're still in the running towards becoming Korea's Next Top Model.

KYUNGRI

Thank you.

JANG YOONJU

Runner up for best commercial goes to....

Nana.

Leo.

Zelo.

Kai.

Ravi.

Naeun.

Congratulations, you're still in the running towards becoming Korea's Next Top Model.

NAEUN

Thank you.

JANG YOONJU

Will Nara, Minho, and Sungyeol because step forward?

[all three step forward]

Three beautiful models stand before. Who stays in this competition?

I will start with you Sungyeol. So, how many times have you been in the bottom two? Too many, that's for sure. We are surprised that a man with a strong look and height has had a string of bad performances in this cycle. We gave you so many chances, we thought that you'd be able to use them to improve, but so far, you've only been getting worse instead of getting better. You seem to be the model with all the potential in the world but just doesn't know how to use it. And your attitude, you came in so happy and leaps and bounds, but we seem to be losing that 'you' you as the competition progressed.

And then we have Minho. Your first photo was mediocre. And then, you surprised us with your second photo. You have produced some really nice photos, and your commercial was very nice. But none of your performances have been particularly outstanding.

Lastly we have Nara. You have a high fashion look that could landed you on global magazines, and you have produced some really nice pictures. But some of the judges think that you are overwhelmed at how fast paced this competition is going, and that maybe you are just still stuck at being pretty.

This has been an extremely difficult decision for all of us.

[pulls out something, which turns out to be a blank photo. Drumroll is accompanied, followed by cymbal clash, and dramatic music]

I have never had to do this before, but this is a triple elimination, where all three of the bottom three will be going back to the loft, packing their bags, and leaving. But, this is should not be the end, but the beginning of a modelling career for all of you.

LEO

Finally!

NANA

About time that stupid jerk went home!

[at the house]

SUNGYEOL (confessional)

I think they made a big mistake. I was cleraly better than all those stupid model wannabes in the competition, and I think I am more dedicated to modelling more than any of the others here.

[shows before and after picture, then full portfolio]

I think that many doors are already opening for me, because seriously the judges don't realise that I am an undiscovered fashion model. I feel like I've honestly wasted my time in this competition. These model wannabes can do whatever the hell they want, and I don't give a about what they think of me now. They can do whatever they want and I won't ever have to worry about interacting with them.

NARA (confessional)

I made new relationships I never thought I would make.

[shows before and after picture, then full portfolio]

I never thought I would make it this far in the competition, and I think I have learned a lot mor about modelling than I could imagine. You can't be the fairest of them all, but if you strive with your heart and go for it, you really can do it and show everyone that you can be a model. I am gonna go home, but at the same time I will just keep knocking on doors until somebody answers.

MINHO (confessional)

I really didn't want to go home. I was really expecting to go a lot further, but I respect Jang Yoonju's decision.

[shows before and after picture, then full portfolio]

I respect and appreciate everything that Jang Yoonju did for me, and I never imagined that I have improved since my mess of a first photo in the competition. I think that I will cherish every moment in this competition, and wish the others here the best of luck. I may not be Korea's Next Top Model, but I have a wider career ahead of me.

[shows fadeout, Sungyeol, Nara and Minho fade out]

NEXT EPISODE:

LEO

I'm so relieved Sungyeol is gone.

NANA

I don't like them at all. I hate them with a passion.

HAN HYEYEON

Is this the best you can do?