The Guy Who Faints

Korea's Next Top Model, Guys and Girls (K-POP EDITION)

JANG YOONJU

Previously on Korea's Next Top Model, the models were given an acting challenge by Lee Youngjin. Sungyeol showed a bad attitude by stomping off and voluntarily quitting, while Naeun won, leaving Nana fuming. Then the models had to do a commercial for Top World clothing line. Sungyeol's bad attitude continued in panel as he continued to roll his eyes and not listen to the judges' critique. Kyungri won best commercial of the bunch. It was a shocking elimination as Nara, Sungyeol and Minho landed in the bottom three, but all three of them were eliminated. 

7 models remain, each vieing for the top prizes: a cash prize of 100 million won, a modelling contract with Next Models, a cover shoot and editorial in W Magazine Korea, a 10 page spread in Ceci magazine, and a 3 month working trip to New York City, all expenses paid. Who will be eliminated tonight?

[Intro plays, showing contestants all dressed in black and posing on geometric three dimensional structures in order:

LEO

KYUNGRI

EUAERIN

MINHO

RAVI

UEE

YOOYOUNG

NANA

KAI

CHANYEOL

NARA

HYUNGSIK

SOOYOUNG

ZELO

NAEUN

SUNGYEOL

Cut to Jang Yoon Ju, standing in front of all the models.]

[at the house]

KYUNGRI (confessional)

I'm so glad I won best commercial. It was shocking to see the entire bottom three go, but I am glad Sungyeol is gone.

LEO (confessional)

Finally! I'm so relieved Sungyeol is gone!

NANA (confessional)

I'm so glad the stupid dunce is gone. He isn't even a model. He's just a pretty boy who acts so dumb in front and away from the camera. I hope Leo and Ravi in particular go home soon. I don't like them at all.

RAVI 

YOONJU MAIL!

ALL 

"Do you models know how to capture emotion? Love, Yoonju."

[The next day]

KIM WONJUNG

Hi models!

ALL

Hi!

KIM WONJUNG

When taking photos, it is important to learn how to capture emotion. For that, I'm going to show you several demonstrations.

[after lesson]

Well, it's time that you took several frames. For this challenge, you will have to capture 10 frames while embodying an emotion. Nana, you will portray happiness. Leo, sorrow. Ravi, surprise. Zelo, anger. Kyungri, fear. Kai, stress. And finally, Naeun, guilt.

[after challenge]

Well, that was good! And for that, the winner is.....Leo!

LEO (confessional)

Yes! I won the challenge!

KIM WONJUNG

Congratulations! As a special treat, you get to go to Tokyo, Japan for a special CM shooting for OnStyle's How Do I Look. Have fun!

[at the house]

RAVI 

YOONJU MAIL!

ALL 

"You will all need to look your best to look presentable. Love, Yoonju."

[the next day]

HAN HYEYEON

Welcome to this glamorous stage! This photoshoot will all be about the KBS Entertainment Awards, so you will be groomed up to look your best. Nana, you will be the gagwoman. Ravi, you will be the hip-hop star. Leo, you will be the actor. Kai, you will be the ballad singer. Kyungri, you will be the actress. Zelo, you will be the dance-pop idol. Naeun, you will be the commercial model. Are you all ready?

ALL

YES!!!

HAN HYEYEON

Well, let's get you all looking good!

[at the house]

LEO

YOONJU MAIL!

ALL

"Tomorrow you will meet with the judges. 6 of you will continue on the journey towards becoming Korea's Next Top Model. Love, Yoonju."

[at judging]

JANG YOONJU

Hello!

ALL

Hello!

JANG YOONJU

Welcome to judging. You all know our lovely panel of judges: Han Hyeyeon, creative director, Lee Hyeju, editor of W Magazine, and Kim Wonjung, fashion model! As you all know, our prizes are a cash prize of 100 million won, a modelling contract with Next Models, a cover shoot and editorial in W Magazine Korea, a 10 page spread in Ceci magazine, and a 3 month working trip to New York City, all expenses paid.

For this photoshoot, you were all celebrities for the KBS Entertainment Awards. First up is Nana.

[photo shows]

You were the gagwoman. It is a beautiful shot. And you were definitely given one of the hardest dresses to well, but nonetheless you handled in perfectly, and the picture turned out well. BUT. I never would have guessed that you were a gagwoman.

NANA

I was really scared that if I tried to make a facial expression, I would look stupid.

JANG YOONJU

Why would you think you would look stupid?

NANA

Because, I don't know, I just, I don't know.

JANG YOONJU

If you exuberate confidence, then you will NOT look stupid. If you were given the actress part, I would have definitely commended this one, but I would have expected you to have flirted with the camera more, because as a gagwoman you should have had more energy.

NANA

Thanks.

JANG YOONJU

Leo.

[photo shows]

Tall, built and handsome. Your statuesque figure has captured really well as well. You look great and as if you are about to step up to the stage to collect your prize! Well done.

LEE HYEJU

I'd have to disagree with you.

JANG YOONJU

Why? 

LEE HYEJU

I don't feel like you're committing to the shoot. I feel that you're unable to embra-

[Leo's eyes roll, and he collapses, falling to the floor]

JANG YOONJU

Oh my god!

NAEUN

Oh my god, is he okay?

KAI

Oh no, will he be alright?

RAVI

LEO! LEO! Are you okay? Speak to me, bro! It's me! Can you hear meee?

KIM WONJUNG

It's fine. He's still breathing.

RAVI (confessional)

I was scared for Leo. He just collapsed and bam! He fell to the floor.

NANA (confessional)

If that means he's gonna quit, good for him. I'm tired of people getting in my way.

[Leo is taken by the producers in arms to the ambulance and rushed to the ER.]

JANG YOONJU

Alright, who was scared?

[Everyone puts their hands up, except for Nana.]

It's alright. I was too. But they took Leo to the ER, so he will be just fine. Now let's all take a deep breath.

[Everyone takes a deep breath.]

Is everyone feeling okay now?

ALL

Yes.

JANG YOONJU

If everyone is okay, then we will continue with judging.

We will resume with Kyungri.

[photo shows]

Very elegant and graceful. I could imagine you playing the baddie or a villain in a drama, and that beauty captures really well in this photograph. Keep up the great work.

Zelo.

[photo shows]

You look very sweet and happy to talk to the interviewers. I love the outfit, I love the stance, I love everything.

Kai.

[photo shows]

You have a very statuesque figure and a banging body. But unfortunately you look bored. You were the ballad singer, so maybe the genre doesn't sound as energetic as say, dance-pop, but we needed that energy too.

KAI

I didn't know really what to do. I didn't want to look too clumsy or jumpy and make it look as if I'm a dancing idol.

JANG YOONJU

In the future, if you don't know what to do, please ask questions to the photographer.

Naeun.

[photo shows]

Glamour. Love it. You look about five feet ten in this photo, much taller than you are in real life. And that is great, because a model and a star needs to look better in their photos, in their movies, in their dramas, in their commercials, than in person.

Last but not least is Ravi.

[photo shows]

I think you may have gotten over the top. I understand that it was hiphop, and you are a rapper, but I think that that energy went overboard. You should have toned it down, because it looks as if you're about to pounce on the camera.

RAVI

Okay. Thanks.

JANG YOONJU

Now it's time for the judges to deliberate, and when I call you back, I will announce how will still be in the running towards becoming Korea's Next Top Model.

[backstage]

LEO

I'm back!

RAVI

Oh thank god you're alright! [throws him into an embrace]

LEO

I'm okay. Don't worry about me. The stress of the competition is just getting to me.

RAVI

There, there. It's okay. You're safe now. I'm here. Don't let the stress crush your spirit.

LEO

Thanks Leo, sometimes I just need a reminder!

NAEUN

Are you okay?

LEO

Yup! Thanks for asking, Naeun!

KYUNGRI

We were so worried about you!

LEO

Awww shucks, it's okay.

NANA 

Oh, grow up, Leo!

KYUNGRI

You keep your mouth shut! Just because you never fainted before!

NANA

A faint for god's sake. It's just a faint.

KYUNGRI

It's not just a faint! He could have gotten hurt! Oh yeah? Well why don't you go drug yourself next time you go to panel and collapse, so you know how it feels?

NANA (confessional)

This is just so petty, when he really should be worrying about the competition right now. I don't care what he is doing now. I'm just here to win it all.

[after deliberation]

JANG YOONJU

7 beautiful models stand before me, but I only have 6 photos in my hands. These photos represent the 6 of you that will still be in the running towards becoming Korea's Next Top Model. Best photo goes to.....

Naeun.

Finally got best photo! Look at that photo, it's amazing. Your hard work this week definitely paid off. Congratulations, you're still in the running towards becoming Korea's Next Top Model.

NAEUN

Thank you so much!

JANG YOONJU

Runner up for best photo goes to....

Kyungri.

Leo. Are you feeling alright now?

LEO

Yeah.

JANG YOONJU

When you get back home, I want you to go and have a good long sleep.

LEO

Thank you so much!

JANG YOONJU

Zelo.

Nana.

Nana, do you know why I called you late? It was because your photo wasn't portraying the "gagwoman". If you were given the "commercial model" or "actress" concept, you'd definitely have been called first. But luckily you've been saved, because you managed to take a beautiful photo.

NANA

Thank you.

JANG YOONJU

Congratulations, you're still in the running towards becoming Korea's Next Top Model.

NANA

Thank you.

JANG YOONJU

Will Kai and Ravi please step forward

[both step forward]

Two beautiful men stand before me, but I only have one photo in my hands. And this photo represents the boy that will still be in the running towards becoming Korea's Next Top Model. I will call only one name and the boy that I do not call must immediately return to the house, pack his bags, and go back home.

Kai, you are very handsome. Tall boy, doe eyes, excellent features. And you have taken some really good photographs, and some stunning ones. But the judges are worried that we are losing your spark.

Ravi. I don't know what the hell you are standing here for! You have produced some amazing photos, some, if not, the strongest of this cycle. But this week your photo was one of the worst in the bunch. The judges are concerned that perhaps you may be overwhelmed at the fast pace of this competition.

So who stays?

[pulls out photo]

Ravi, maybe it was an unlucky day. However, I am not saying this so you can hold back your reins. You are here because you have deserved your place in this competition, so you need to work on producing flawless photos week after week. Congratulations, you're still in the running towards becoming Korea's Next Top Model.

RAVI

Thank you so much!

[goes and gives Leo a big hug]

Bro we worried about you so much! 

LEO

I'm so glad you're safe from elimination though!

JANG YOONJU

So, Kai! Look at this, this is so beautiful! But we need to work on our angles and poses! I know that you wanted this, and your photos were nice, but not outstanding. But I'm sure that with a bit of maturing, and some more practice, I am positive that with a height like yours, you can, and you will make it big.

KAI

Thank you so much.

[at the house]

KAI

[crying] I am really upset that I got eliminated. I was not expecting to go home.

[shows before and after picture, then whole portfolio]

I was really expecting to go a lot further, especially for Chanyeol, but I guess that wouldn't happen. But I'm proud of myself and even more on the fact that I made it this far. I'm going to take in everything that I learned from the competition and use it to become a better model, because I know I can be a model. I am definitely going to go out there and work for it.

[shows fadeout, Kai fades out]

NEXT EPISODE:

RAVI

Is it for real?

LEO

Is it some fantasy?

JANG YOONJU

But the judges were so disappointed with you, that tonight, both of you must pack your bags.