The Girl With The Stunning Eye Smile

Korea's Next Top Model, Guys and Girls (K-POP EDITION)

JANG YOONJU

Previously on Korea's Next Top Model, the 14 models got their makeovers. Some embraced their looks, while others didn't. Most of the models were swooning over Leo's makeover and thought his was the best. Then the models had to pose in a creepy haunted house and make their new looks look fiercely hot as they posed as y vampires. Nana was praised for her photo and got best photo of the week. Sungyeol's performance, however was catastrophic, and was even told he had the worst photo in the history of the entire show, as he landed in the bottom three with Hyungsik and Uee. Luckily he was saved as the other two were sent home, in a surprise elimination.

12 models remain, each vieing for the top prizes: a cash prize of 100 million won, a modelling contract with Next Models, a cover shoot and editorial in W Magazine Korea, a 10 page spread in Ceci magazine, and a 3 month working trip to New York City, all expenses paid. Who will be eliminated tonight?

[Intro plays, showing contestants all dressed in black and posing on geometric three dimensional structures in order:

LEO

KYUNGRI

EUAERIN

MINHO

RAVI

UEE

YOOYOUNG

NANA

KAI

CHANYEOL

NARA

HYUNGSIK

SOOYOUNG

ZELO

NAEUN

SUNGYEOL

Cut to Jang Yoon Ju, standing in front of all the models.]

[at the house]

NANA (confessional)

I finally got best photo! This is the best feeling in the world. Nothing but confidence is surrounding all of me now!

ZELO (confessional)

I thought it was sad that Hyungsik had to go. We started to get pretty close in the house, and I was shocked to see that both Uee and Hyungsik went home. I mean that was unexpected! I can't cry right now.....[ in tears] I'm in a competition for crying out loud (no pun intended)!

NAEUN (confessional)

I thought it was sad that Hyungsik had to go so soon. He has a handsome face, and I thought that he just didn't have the chance to show that he could do this.

SUNGYEOL (confessional)

I thought that was really rude to get a remark about my photo. I mean it is one thing to say a person's photo is bad, but saying that you have the worst photo in history is going overboard. I was really pissed off.

KAI

Guys!! YOONJU MAIL!

ALL

"You've all been through a lot last week. How about a little more energy to spice you all up? Love, Yoonju,"

[the next day]

[the models are driven to an agility course]

HAN HYEYEON

Good morning models!

ALL

Morning!

HAN HYEYEON

As you can see, we are all in this agility course in a military base camp right now. Guess what? You are all going to be doing your challenge here! But first, before we go over, I am going to had over to actor, model and 2PM member, Ok Taecyeon!

TAECYEON

Hello everyone!

NAEUN (confessional)

No way! Can't believe Taecyeon is standing there, like right in front of my eyes!

KYUNGRI (confessional)

What a hunk!

TAECYEON

This is where you will be doing your challenge. You will all have to go through this agility course; crawl underneath the bridges, wade through the mud and get to the stepping stones, swing on the rope from the middle of the bank to the other side, climb the ladder, slide down the slide, crawl through the tunnel and out to the finish line! However, of course, we can't do this without fitness and warmup first. So I would like you go and change into your outfits!

NARA (confessional)

We're wearing......military uniforms? I look even more like a boy in this.

TAECYEON

We are gonna start off with some jumping jacks. Everyone...on the count of 3......

[after training session]

TAECYEON

Now that that's been done, you all have to get into groups to do this challenge. But there is one catch. You will judged on not just speed and how fast you get to the finish line, but you need to pose, and make sure you all work as a team. The winner of the winning group will receive a 1 million won shopping spree to Nature Republic! So, get into your groups!

NANA (confessional)

So everyone else got into groups of five, Leo, Ravi, Kai, Chanyeol and Naeun, making Group 1, and Minho, Kyungri, Euaerin, Nara and Zelo in Group. No one wanted to pick us, so it was just us two left behind. Oh well, well I'm not going to look at Sungyeol most of the time since he's a loser.

SUNGYEOL (confessional)

I'll make sure to not look at Nana ever during the challenge.

[after the challenge]

TAECYEON

Well, now that we've all been down and dirty, I am going to announce the winner. Now Sungyeol and Nana, you two didn't even look like you were cooperating. Sungyeol you were clearly faster than Nana, yet because you two were not in sync you did not even do anything to help each other! But as for the rest of you, you all pretty well, but I have decided the winning group. And that group is group number......1.

GROUP 1

YES!!!

TAECYEON

However, there can only be one winner. And that winner is......Kai!

KAI

YES!!!

TAECYEON

Congratulations, you get to choose two friends! Who will you choose?

KAI

I will pick Minho and Chanyeol.

TAECYEON

Well, run along and have fun!

[at the house]

NANA (confessional)

It was really awkward that no one wanted to pick us, so we were left standing in the dust, but honestly, I could care less. This isn't Korea's Next Top Best Friend. This is Korea's Next Top Model. And I know I WILL be Korea's Next Top Model.

RAVI

YOONJU MAIL!

ALL

"As you are all idols, you need to bring back some of that energy and learn to work in a team with others. Love, Yoonju."

EUAERIN (confessional)

We are all each from different K-pop groups, so we thought, what could possibly be happening?

[the next day]

HAN HYEYEON

Good morning everybody!

ALL

Good morning!

HAN HYEYEON

Isn't the set so beautiful and reminiscient in a way of the K-pop stage? Well, you are going to be posing as K-pop stars in this photoshoot! Seems easy? Well how about this. You will all be seperated into groups of four, and you and your fellow group member may not be in the same group for this photoshoot. So,you need to learn to work as a team. And the groups are as follows: Zelo, Naeun, Nara and Leo. Sungyeol, Nana, Chanyeol and Kyungri. Euaerin, Minho, Ravi and Kai. You will each need to form your own group name, and choose one of the concepts: Dance-Pop, Hip-Hop, and Ballad.

[backstage]

ZELO, NAEUN, NARA AND LEO

We chose the dance-pop concept. We are: X-treme!

EUAERIN, MINHO, RAVI AND KAI

We chose the hip-hop concept. We are: 2C4S! That means "2 Cool 4 School".

SUNGYEOL, NANA, CHANYEOL AND KYUNGRI

We chose the ballad concept. We are: 4Ever!

[at the photoshoot]

SUNGYEOL 

You were supposed to stand in front of me.

NANA

You listen to me! You were working the lights and stuff and we've all had enough of your bull talk! 

SUNGYEOL

You listen to me!

HAN HYEYEON

No, YOU listen to me! None of you are working together as a team! You're just using up time for fighting over this. Do you really want this or not?

[Sungyeol and Nana nod]

Well if the answer is 'yes', I want you stop messing around and focus on getting a good photo. Right. Now. That's enough.

KYUNGRI (confessional)

Nana and Sungyeol are acting totally ridiculous and they are completely wasting our time and the photographer's time. They're only fighting and trying to have control over everything, and this just isn't going to go well. I just hope I don't get sent home because of them.

SUNGYEOL

! It's all your fault!

NANA

No, it's all YOUR fault!

CHANYEOL (confessional)

Sungyeol. Nana. Just. Shut. Up.

SUNGYEOL

You were posing like a stripper -

NANA

What the hell do you mean by 'stripper'? You're posing like a gigolo, if that according to your theory is the case!

SUNGYEOL

That doesn't matter. You are just jealous because I have a way of women; people of the opposite . They just can't resist me!

NANA

Don't be gross and stupid!

KYUNGRI (confessional)

Oh my gosh. Shut up!

[after the photoshoot]

CHANYEOL (confessional)

I'm so glad to be back. Sungyeol and Nana were letting us all down by fighting in the photoshoot. I hope they get sent home soon.

EUAERIN (confessional)

Guys!! Yoonju Mail!!

ALL

"Tomorrow you will meet with the judges. Only 11 of you will still be in the running towards becoming Korea's Next Top Model. Love, Yoonju."

[at judging]

JANG YOONJU

Hello everyone!

ALL

Hi!

JANG YOONJU

Welcome to judging! You all know our lovely panel of judges: Han Hyeyeon, creative director, Lee Hyeju, editor of W Magazine, Kim Wonjung, fashion model, and guest judge, sizzling 2PM member and model Taecyeon. As you all now, our prizes are a cash prize of 100 million won, a modelling contract with Next Models, a cover shoot and editorial in W Magazine Korea, a 10 page spread in Ceci magazine, and a 3 month working trip to New York City, all expenses paid. 

For this photoshoot, you all had to get together with different people and pose as a K-pop group embodying a different concept. First is the dance-pop group. Who do we have?

X-TREME

X-treme!

JANG YOONJU

Well, X-treme! Here is your best shot!

[photo shows]

Amazing! I love everything about this shot. You all managed to pull it all together. Also I think Leo and Zelo are clearly taking the spot. You are all working the costumes! I see it all in the faces; it looks more like a captured moment on Music Bank or M Countdown than just a photo. I see all the energy, the everything! Naeun and Nara, I feel that you could have done something more to make yourself stand out, but nonetheless, you all did great. Nara, your eye smile is particularly stunning.

[applause]

Team Hip-hop!

2C4S

We were: 2C4S!

JANG YOONJU

2C4S?! [in hysterics] What does that mean?

RAVI

We are too cool for school!

JANG YOONJU

Well, here is your best photo!

[photo shows]

Nice. The boys are taking the shot clearly. Ravi in particular, stands out. Euaerin, I didn't think that you looked that comfortable in the shot. You look like you are shrinking back. And the sad thing is that unfortunately, you look like you could be the boys' auntie, since you look 30 in this photo. Other than that, it is not a good shot of you.

Last but not least is the ballad group.

CHANYEOL

We were 4Ever.

JANG YOONJU

This is your best shot.

[photo shows]

You are all clearly out of sync and all doing your own thing, which has gone overboard. And this is not good because you have clearly failed to work as a team. While i commend Nana and Kyungri for taking the spot because they have managed to show some emotion in the shot, Chanyeol and Sungyeol you don't look comfortable in this shot, since you two look like deer caught in the headlights, standing stiff and straight it's unbearable to watch. i just don't see it, because I know you're definitely not working it.

HAN HYEYEON

But furthermore, what I did notice was the Sungyeol and Nana were fighting for about 15 minutes on set and they were wasting everybody's time. I just want to bring that up right now. What was that all about?

SUNGYEOL

I was trying to give advice to my group members about how they should pose but they didn't even listen because -

NANA

No, what you're talking about isn't advice. You were just basically belitting all of us because you thought you could control everything!

SUNGYEOL

That was because I had no other choice and you said I was a gigolo.

NANA

Well you called me a ! I'm teling you you were being abusive to all of us!!!

LEE HYEJU

Oh children, for goodness sake, grow up and stop fighting over it! This is a business, not a boarding school. I don't care what you are fighting about.

JANG YOONJU

From what I've seen, what you have done is one of the worst things that a model could do to impress a client. No matter what you feel inside, you always need to maintain a mask and hide your emotions no matter how much they are bothering you, because this industry is largely about judging you based on impressions of you and your appearances and attitudes towards one another. And because you have been rambling on for 15 minutes, you wasted the photographer's, Han Hyeyeon's and inevitably your own group members' times. Because what you do at home is what you do at home. And seriously, who gives a ? No one is interested to listen in what petty talk you are doing, and consequently, you lost your chances to cooperate and produce better shots, because you spent so much time fighting.

[models walk back]

Well, it's time for us judges to deliberate, and when I call you back, I will announce which of you will be eliminated.

[after deliberation]

JANG YOONJU

12 beautiful models stand before me, but I only have 11 photos in my hands. These photos represent the beauties that will still be in the running towards becoming Korea's Next Top model. Best photo goes to....

Zelo.

Congratulations Zelo, you're still in the running towards becoming Korea's Next Top Model.

ZELO

Thank you!

JANG YOONJU

Runner up for best photo goes to...

Leo.

Ravi.

Kai.

Nara.

Minho.

Naeun.

Kyungri.

Euaerin.

Nana.

Looks like someone learned a big lesson, eh?

NANA

I won't cause drama again.

JANG YOONJU

Mmmmm hmmmm. Congratulations, you're still in the running towards becoming Korea's Next Top Model.

NANA

Thank you.

JANG YOONJU

Will Chanyeol and Sungyeol please step forward?

[both step forward]

Two beautiful men stand before me. But I only have 1 photo in my hands. And this photo represents the boy that will still be in the running towards becoming Korea's Next Top Model. I will only call one name and the boy's name I do not call must immediately return to the house, pack his bags, and leave.

You two both took the worst group photo of the bunch.

Chanyeol, you have a statuesque height, and huge doe eyes. But the judges are worried that you're just playing it safe only and afraid to push beyond your boundaries. Your first photograph was good, but now you have been faltering, and your photos recently have been blah.

Sungyeol, your photo was not only mediocre, but your attitude was. What you have done was probably one of the most unattractive things in the history of Korea's Next Top Model. Contestants have fought, but they covered it up in photoshoots. And because you led a feud for a long duration of time, IN FRONT OF THE CAMERA, ON SET, you wasted other people's times, including yours to produce a good photo. It is disrespectful, rude and unprofessional to do so. 

So who stays in this competition?

[pulls out photo]

Sungyeol.

[Kai's eyes widen]

KAI

That's not fair!

JANG YOONJU

Someone learned a big lesson, right? What are you gonna work on?

SUNGYEOL

My attitude.

JANG YOONJU

Congratulations, you're still in the running towards becoming Korea's Next Top Model.

SUNGYEOL

Thank you so much!

JANG YOONJU

Chanyeol, the judges loved having you here, and your fun loving, bubbly personality with your deep voice too! You have unique characteristics, and I can imagine you in beauty adverts, and some fashion magazines too. But maybe you need some time to pull it all together and start planning and working for it. But I know that you can do it. You are bookable, with your height, looks and personality of yours!

KAI

[cries, hugs Chanyeol]

Don't give up bro! I'll work hard for you!

[at the house]

CHANYEOL

People are always gonna criticise you, and you rest once at a photoshoot, it can affect your performance overall. 

[shows before and after picture, then whole portfolio]

Modelling is a fun job, but at the same time it is a lot harder. Definitely harder than a lot of people might think. I am sad because I know I could have done so much better. There are always gonna be obstacles and such, and it is up to me to move up all on my own. And I wish Kai the best of luck in this competition.

[shows fadeout, Chanyeol fades out]

NEXT EPISODE:

NANA

I didn't start it, you did!

SUNGYEOL

No, YOU DID IT. How about YOU shut up!

ZELO

You make me so mad, because you haven't seen my other photos. You are fake and pathetic. You are so rude, and you make me so mad I could SCREAM!!!