The Guy Who Is Told He Has The Worst Photo Ever

Korea's Next Top Model, Guys and Girls (K-POP EDITION)

JANG YOON JU

Previously on Korea's Next Top Model, the models went to Shop It Up, where they met former contestant Lee Chulwoo, much to most of the girls' delight. He assigned them into groups and gave each group a concept to embody. Group 3 won, leaving Sungyeol and Nana fuming with anger. The models had to then do a photoshoot modelling Ha Sang Baek's hanbok, while posing as powerful princes and princesses. Unfortunately for Sungyeol and Nana, they were not done, and they let out their wrath backstage on not only themselves, but all the contestants. Hyungsik and Yooyoung landed in the bottom two, but it was Yooyoung that was sent home due to her weak photos.

14 models, remain, each vieing for the top prizes, a cash prize of 100 million won, a modelling contract with Next Models, a cover shoot and editorial in W Magazine Korea, a 10 page spread in Ceci magazine, and a 3 month working trip to New York City, all expenses paid. Who will be eliminated tonight?

[Intro plays, showing contestants all dressed in black and posing on geometric three dimensional structures in order:

LEO

KYUNGRI

EUAERIN

MINHO

RAVI

UEE

YOOYOUNG

NANA

KAI

CHANYEOL

NARA

HYUNGSIK

SOOYOUNG

ZELO

NAEUN

SUNGYEOL

Cut to Jang Yoon Ju, standing in front of all the models.]

[at the house]

KAI (confessional)

I feel guilty watching these girls walk out at elimination. People are getting kicked out one by one, and I thought that Sooyoung and Yooyoung's picture's weren't that bad compared to the others'.

LEO (confessional)

I thought Yooyoung was gonna stay longer. She has a really interesting breathtaking face. But then again, I'm so happy I got best photo! I never would have imagined that I was able to impress the judges twice in a row.

HYUNGSIK (confessional)

I don't know what to think right now. I've had two not so good photos in a row, and I was in the bottom two last week. I need to prove to the judges that I need to earn my place here.

NARA (confessional)

It was really sad to see my fellow sister go. I thought that she had a lot to offer, and I don't think she got the chance to show it.

MINHO (confessional)

I really need to step up my game. I won second best photo last week and I need to show them that I deserve to be here.

CHANYEOL

GUYS!! YOONJU MAIL!

ALL

"One by one, a model is getting cut. Who's gonna dye? Gotta straighten up, don't you? Love, Yoonju."

NAEUN

Oh my god, this means we're getting MAKEOVERS!!!

ALL

YESSSSSS!

[the next day]

HAN HYEYEON

Good morning, models!

ALL

Morning!

HAN HYEYEON

Welcome to Lucy Hair Salon!

[all contestants applaud]

I'm sure you've guessed why you are here. You are here to get makeovers! As you know, as both idols and models, you ned to understand that when a client assigns a look for you, you need to own it, because it is their vision about what they want you to look like and what they think will impress clients in future go-sees. So you'll all be in good hands. May I introduce the manager of the salon, Kim Juyeon!

KIM JUYEON

Hi models! Welcome to my salon! You may be getting your hair cut, dyed, permed....you name it. Unfortunately, we will not let you know what you are going to get, until they are all over.

ALL

Awwww!

MINHO (confessional)

Daaaaaaaaaaaaamn.

NAEUN (confessional)

Please, I just hope they don't cut my hair.

NARA (confessional)

I'm so scared right now.

KIM JUYEON

Are you guys ready?

ALL

YESSSSSSS!

KIM JUYEON

Well, then, it's time to get started!!

[all models are led to their seats]

JANG YOON JU

Hyungsik has a baby face, and he needs to be edged out to look more masculine and modelesque. One of my favourite looks is Jung Donggyu's from last cycle, so we are gonna chop it short, and scratch both sides twice.

HAN HYEYEON

Are you ready?

HYUNGSIK

Yes!

[curtains open]

Holy crap is that me?

HYUNGSIK (confessional)

I love my new hair. I think it matures my face a bit, but it really defines my angles and proportions, so I can't wait to bring it to the photoshoots.

[shows Hyungsik's before and after photos]

JANG YOONJU

Naeun has a cutsie flower girl sort of face, but we need to get away from that. We are going to dye her hair fiery ripe strawberry red.......add some curls, and some pinkish highlights.

HAN HYEYEON

Ta-da!

NAEUN

Ah wow! Thank you so much!

HAN HYEYEON

Don't thank me, thank the manager!

[shows Naeun's before and after picture]

JANG YOONJU

Nana has a very interesting, breathtaking face. She is kind of reminiscent of Kim Daul and Park Soojoo. We are going to therefore lighten up her hair and make her a platinum blonde! However, we are not going to stop there; we will bleach her eyebrows too!

NANA (confessional)

I love my makeover so much! I think I got the best out of everyone. I look like Park Soojoo, and although I think I look alienesque, I deserve this look the most.

[shows Nana's before and after picture]

ALL

[scream in shock and surprise]

UEE (confessional)

Oh. My. God. He just goes snip-snip-snip with the scissors. It's so suspenseful and scary!!

NARA (confessional)

I was really upset and mad because I didn't want them to cut my hair. I wanted to get wavy hair instead.

JANG YOONJU

Nara just looks way too girly right now. Let's try a new concept on her. We will give her a tomboyish short haircut.

ZELO (confessional)

It's just really scary right now because Nara looks so different with short hair.

HAN HYEYEON 

Are you ready right now?

NARA

I guess....?

HAN HYEYEON

That's a model! You look so much better!

HAN HYEYEON (confessional)

I can't be the one to judge, but she was complaining so much about her makeover that it makes me concerned about whether this is right for her. Girls have complained about their hair, but she was really pushing beyond the boundaries.

[shows Nara's before and after picture]

ZELO (confessional)

I think my new hair looks awesome. I never expected what they would have done, in a good way. They trimmed my hair shorter, and kept my blonde hair but added in some rainbow highlights. I look so badass and I can't wait for the next photoshoot!

[shows Zelo's before and after pictures]

RAVI (confessional)

I kind of expected them to do something more, but I guess I'm satisfied with it. They kept me as a blonde, touched up my roots, straightened it and cut it shorter. I guessed it looks good.

[shows Ravi's before and after pictures]

JANG YOONJU

Kai, my darling. We are gonna make you go to the extreme. We are going to make you....a platinum blonde!

KAI (confessional)

I love it so much! I think it looks awesome!

[shows Kai's before and after pictures]

EUAERIN (confessional)

They cut my hair up to the collarbone, and added some touches of different shades of gold and brown, so I think the colour suits me.

[shows Euaerin's before and after photos]

KYUNGRI (confessional)

They made my hair a darker mocha brown. I like it! I think it looks more polished and shiny now. I can't wait to bring it to the next photoshoot.

[shows Kyungri's before and after photos]

CHANYEOL (confessional)

I got blue-black hair, and got it trimmed shorter. I wanted something a bit more drastic but it's fine.

[shows Chanyeol's before and after photos]

UEE (confessional)

I got black hair with bangs. I wanted a different colour, but at least they didn't cut my hair short.

[shows Uee's before and after photos]

HAN HYEYEON

Are you ready Sungyeol?

SUNGYEOL

Yes I am!

SUNGYEOL (confessional)

I was staring in the mirror. Until they only cut and straightened my hair, and they then dyed it a darker colour. It looks like I have a stupid bowl cut now. I hated it so much and they only gave me the worst makeover.

SUNGYEOL

Noooooo I hate this hair!

[shows Sungyeol's before and after photos]

MINHO (confessional)

I love my makeover! They made it a two tone, the top dyed a dark orangey shade, and the bottom slightly darker, and they trimmed it, and I definitely love it!

[shows Minho's before and after photos]

LEO (confessional)

I am really excited. They can do whatever they want to me. You know that the makeovers are coming, and if you are not willing to do that, then why would you enter the competition when you know what is gonna happen by default? I don't understand why people cry or get upset because this is what is gonna change you.

JANG YOONJU

Ah, Leo. The sweet photogenic model. We saved you for last for a reason. Because we are giving you the best makeover of all! Deep fiery rrrred red red!

LEO

Wow!

[whistle sound effect]

UEE (confessional)

Leo just looks amazing. He basically got the best makeover. 

HYUNGSIK (confessional)

I wish I had Leo's hair.

SUNGYEOL (confessional)

I should have gotten Leo's makeover!

NAEUN (confessional)

Leo looks so hot!

LEO (confessional)

I am in love with my makeover. I miss having red hair and I am definitely excited for future shoots and stuff.

[shows Leo's before and after photos]

JANG YOONJU

Hello models! You all look amazing with all your new hairdos. You are all in the process of embracing them.

ALL

Thank you.

JANG YOONJU

But. Before you all go, I must tell you all something. After what Han Hyeyeon, Kim Juyeon and several other colleagues told me from what they observed in the salon today. Being a Top Model is all about being blank canvases. If a client has a vision of you holding a particular look, you have to accept that and it up in order to remain in this industry, because this is how they think that you will go to the next level in your careers. And for some of you, I don't understand what you were complaining for. As idols too, you get makeovers every time you make a comeback or an album, so why complain right now? You are insulting the owners of the salon and the people who work here, you are insulting the clients, you are insulting and embarassing your fans inenvitably, and you are insulting your own selves! This will definitely affect your reputation as a worker in this industry, and your attitudes will definitely affect how people perceive you, from the entire nation to everywhere, and your performance overall. And the next time I meet you all will be at judging. So I will see you all at judging.

[at the house]

UEE (confessional)

I really didn't expect Jang Yoonju to get really mad and scold all of us, but then again it is fair. I think that we should all start to accept our new hair right now.

LEO 

Guys! Yoonju Mail!

ALL 

"A lot has happened today. It's time to start embracing your new and fresh looks in tomorrow's photoshoot. Love, Yoonju."

[the next day]

[The models are driven to a haunted house. The butler opens the limo door for them as they step out and head to the door. The door slams shut behind them.]

NANA (confessional)

This is super intense right now! I don't know what to expect! There's spiders and bats, and cobwebs everywhere. I don't know what to expect! But we have to keep following the butler!

[The models walk upstairs and are led to a room full of blood. They are greeted by Han Hyeyeon, dressed as a vampire.]

HAN HYEYEON 

[Transylvannian accent] Hello, my little children!

ALL

Hi.....?

HAN HYEYEON

I....will.....have to bite your necks and your blood!

ALL

[scream] 

HAN HYEYEON

[normal voice] If you don't do well in your next photoshoot!

KAI (confessional)

Holy ! She actually scared the out of us!

NAEUN (confessional)

I was, like, freaking out.

HAN HYEYEON

For this photoshoot, you will be posing with models as y vampires. You will all be covered in blood, wearing contacts, and you will have to make company and interaction with the models in your photos. Are you all ready?

ALL

Yes!!!

HAN HYEYEON

Well let's go and get your hair and makeup done!

[after the photoshoot]

ZELO

YOONJU MAIL!!

ALL

"Tomorrow you will meet with the judges. NO ONE is safe. Love, Yoonju."

HYUNGSIK (confessional)

Uh oh, it says that 'no one is safe'. Does it mean the end for all of us? Or is a random person gonna get eliminated?

[at judging]

JANG YOONJU

Hi everyone!

ALL

Hi!

JANG YOONJU

Welcome to judging. You all look fabulous in your makeovers! Here at panel we have our lovely judges, Han Hyeyeon, creative director, Lee Hyeju, editor of W Magazine, and Kim Wonjung, fashion model. As you all now, our prizes are a cash prize of 100 million won, a modelling contract with Next Models, a cover shoot and editorial in W Magazine Korea, a 10 page spread in Ceci magazine, and a 3 month working trip to New York City, all expenses paid. 

For this photoshoot, you had to pose as y vampires as a way to embrace your new looks. First up we have Naeun. Let's see your best shot.

[photo shows]

KIM WONJUNG

You had a great set around you and you look stunning. I just wish you pushed it a bit more and brought back that energy you had last photoshoot. It's not a bad photo, but not a good photo either. I believe in you. You can do better.

JANG YOONJU

Zelo. Let's see your best photo.

[photo shows]

You captured it really well! I think that it looks scary, fierce, and gorgeous! I love it! You have fully embraced your new hair and taken it to the next level.

Ravi.

[photo shows]

GROWL! LOVE IT! You scared us with this photo. In a good way! I think that you rocked this photo.

Leo. Let's see your best photo.

[photo shows]

The red hair works really well on you, and you are serving it fiery and hot! The vampire concept works really well for you, and you have really brought it to the shoot. Well done.

Kai.

[photo shows]

Gorgeous. I think that you took our advice and you brought yourself beyond your limits. I see emotion, I see anger, I see fierce, everything. Keep it up.

Hyungsik.

[photo shows]

I'm gonna be honest with you. I feel uncomfortable looking at this photo. You look stiff and way too forced.

HAN HYEYEON

Did you take our advice and practice?

HYUNGSIK

I did....a least...I think I tried.

JANG YOONJU

We didn't see it though in this picture.

LEE HYEJU

You are a handsome young man, although I am thinking that maybe the modelling industry isn't right for you. Thank you for trying though.

HYUNGSIK 

Thank you.

JANG YOONJU

Nana.

[photo shows]

Amazing. This shot is fierce and flawless. I just can't help but say positive things. I think the makeover really elevated your look, and you have definitely brought that to the photoshoot! Keep up the great work!

NANA

Thank you so much!

JANG YOONJU

Nara. Let's talk about the makeover. I heard you were crying and complaining about it. How do you feel now?

NARA

Much better. It was shock to me.

JANG YOONJU

We all get shock at times. But we cannot let this affect our future. Whenever a client has a vision about your new look, you need to be willing to take that and accept it, and say 'This is who I am and who I deserve to be'. Let's hope the photo turned out beautiful.

[photo shows]

You have definitely brought some emotion to the shot I love the devilish look in your eyes, so I commend you for that, although I know that you could have done some more action with your body.

Uee.

[photo shows]

You look bored and you're not even interacting with the model. How was the photoshoot?

UEE

It was really hard. I tried pose after pose, but I thought nothing seemed to be working. I don't really know how it affected my performance.

JANG YOONJU

That's why my best piece of advice is that before you enter a photoshoot, when you are backstage, look in the mirror, and practice, practice, practice. The same goes for all the contestants.

UEE

Thanks.

JANG YOONJU

Chanyeol.

[photo shows]

The expression looks a little too cheesy, though I think the body positioning looks good. Maybe if you didn't open your mouth waaaaaaay too wide, I think that you would have had a beautiful shot.

Kyungri.

[photo shows]

Loving the iness of you and the interaction in the shot! Your makeover makes you look a lot better and polished. Well done. Keep that up, that's a fierce vampire!

Euaerin.

[photo shows]

No offence, but you look older than you really look. Other than that, the shot is mediocre compared to your last two. This is a big disappointment for you this week.

Minho.

[photo shows]

Love the use of the movement of the arms and legs. This is amazing. Keep up the great performance.

Last but not least is Sungyeol.

SUNGYEOL

Hi.

JANG YOONJU

How are you?

SUNGYEOL

I'm really really nervous.

JANG YOONJU

Why are you nervous?

SUNGYEOL

I am worried how my photo is gonna turn out.

JANG YOONJU

Well, let's see your best shot.

SUNGYEOL

[panics]

[photo shows, however instead of a flash click effect, shows with a ka-blam effect. Dramatic suspenseful music plays in the background after that.]

JANG YOONJU

How do you think you did?

SUNGYEOL

I hate it.

JANG YOONJU

I guess I'll say the same thing too. This photo is a mess and all over the place. Your eyes are not there, your arms and legs look awkward and the way you positioned your body makes you look 10 kg heavier.

KIM WONJUNG

You look like you are staggering down in pain! I just can't even bear to look at this photo anymore. My eyes are just burning from the sight of it.

JANG YOONJU

Because you have an intense face, you don't need to push it. Because then it becomes very scary.

SUNGYEOL

Okay. Thanks.

JANG YOONJU

Now it is time for the judges and I to deliberate. And when I call you back, I am going to announce who will still be in the running towards becoming Korea's Next Top Model.

[after deliberation]

JANG YOONJU

14 beautiful models stand before me. But I only have TWELVE photos in my hands.

[suspenseful music plays as contestants' eyes widen]

TWO OF YOU will be going home. These photos represent the beauties that will still be in the running towards becoming Korea's Next Top Model. Best photograph this week goes to.....

Nana.

Congratulations! You're still in the running towards becoming Korea's Next Top Model.

NANA

Thank you so much!

JANG YOONJU

Runner up for best photo goes to....

Ravi.

Kai.

Leo.

Kyungri.

Zelo.

Minho.

Naeun.

Nara.

Chanyeol.

Euaerin.

Don't look so down. Can you cheer up a bit for me? There you go. Congratulations. You're still in the running towards becoming Korea's Next Top Model.

EUAERIN

Thank you!

JANG YOONJU

Will Hyungsik, Uee and Sungyeol please step forward?

[all three step forward]

3 beautiful models stand before me, but I only have 1 photo in my hands. This photo represents the model that will still be in the running towards becoming Korea's Next Top Model. Whosever name I do not call must immediately return to the house, pack their bags, and leave.

So Hyungsik, second time in the bottom 2, and no improvement after 3 consecutive weak photos. The judges believe that maybe you are not yet ready for the fast paced world of modelling. They think you have potential, but just don't know how to use it.

Uee. You are beautiful. But the judges are concerned that that beauty is still not translating into a photo. Your first photo was okay. But it seems that you are getting worse, because your photo this week was not good.

So Sungyeol. We stand here and see a gorgeous handsome young man. Your first photo was okay. but it seems that you too, in fact for all three of you standing before me, that you are just getting worse and you are unable to handle the intense expectations of the world of modelling. Your photo this week was in particular appalling, even one of our judges said he couldn't bear to look at it. And during our deliberation, I even said that it is the worst photo in the history of Korea's Next Top Model.

SUNGYEOL

Can I ask you something?

JANG YOONJU

Go ahead.

SUNGYEOL

Because I didn't get a chance to ask you about why you guys picked the photo.

JANG YOONJU

Because it was your best shot. And from what I know, there weren't any good shots to choose from.

So who stays in this competition?

[pulls out photo]

Sungyeol.

SUNGYEOL

Oh my god! Thank you so much! [tearing up]

JANG YOONJU

You have a lot of work to do. Your performance this week was terrible. But because the judges know that you have potential and maybe you need to use next week to unleash it, you have earned your place here. Congratulations, you are still in the running towards becoming Korea's Next Top Model.

SUNGYEOL

Thank you!

JANG YOONJU

Hyungsik and Uee, you are both so beautiful! But you gotta push it and don't ever be afraid to release your inner confidence and potential! And this may be the end of your Top model journey, but at the same time, this should also be the beginning of a modelling career for you both. And I know that with stunning appearances like yours, you can go for it.

[at the house]

HYUNGSIK (confessional)

[tearing up] I really didn't want to go home. I am really disappointed and I was expecting to go much much further.

[shows before and after picture, then full portfolio]

I am definitely gonna take all the advice and use it to become a better model, because it is something that I never thought I would have wanted to do. This is the end of my journey here, but it will be the beginning of a new journey to a modelling career. I definitely can go for it, and I know I can.

UEE 

I didn't want to go home. I was expecting to go much further. 

[shows before and after picture, then full portfolio]

I am definitely not gonna give up on modelling. I know that I have what it takes to be big. I will definitely cherish every moment of me being here and I will use their advice to become a better model, because I know that I have potential to improve. Because I know I can do it.

[fade out shows, Hyungsik and Uee both fade out]

NEXT EPISODE:

HAN HYEYEON

No YOU listen to me!

SUNGYEOL

.

JANG YOONJU

I just don't see it, because I know you're definitely not working it.