Chapter 6

The Colour That Painted My Black & White Canvas

Chapter 6

Day 20, Afternoon.

*

You woke up to Chanyeol drawing circles around the tip of your nose.

"Whaaaaat ?" You snapped. 

"Ladies and Gentlemen we will be landing shortly. Thank You for flying with us and I hope to see you again."

"Oh." You stated awkardly, sitting up straight. 

You stared out of the plane window watching it descending before coming to a stop. Where were you ?

The cabin speaker cracked to life again. 

"Welcome to Florence Italy ! We hope you have a pleasant trip visiting !"

Ooooooh, Italy ? Why would Chanyeol bring you to Italy ?

*

After collecting your luggages off the conveyer belt the two of you headed out of the arrival doors. It wasn't long before the two of you noticed the sign with Chanyeol's name written on it which was held up by a stiff looking man decked out in a suit. 

"Hello." You greeted in in italian.

"I speak korean Ma'am. My name is Namjoon. Now if you and Mr Park would please follow me." He "greeted" back as he led the way to a car.

"Not very friendly..." You whispered to Chanyeol. 

Chanyeol nodded thoughtfully as the two of you climbed into the back seat of the fancy car.

"How long before we reach the hotel ?" You inquired.

"We're not going to the hotel yet. We have far to little time and too many things to do." Chanyeol explained.

You nodded as looked out of the window without a single complaint. You were used to hectic schedules without proper rest or food, time was money afterall. Laying back your head you closed your eyes and fell asleep, knowing that you would probably need the rest stocked up for later.

Eventually Chanyeol shook you awake again. You peered out of your window ready for the first meeting of the day. However the only thing you came face to face with was a large shopping complex.

"Shopping ? You brought me here to shop instead of going to the hotel to do work ?" You said trying to hide your face of shock.

"Please you aren't dressed or packed for this trip at all. You probably only brought grey office clothes like these." Chanyeol argued tugging at the sleeve of your office blazer.

You blushed slightly and allowed Chanyeol to drag you into the mass of stores. After modeling outfit after outfit under the close critique of Chanyeol you eventually had a trips worth of clothing under your possesion. After changing into one of them you went into the car again and set off to another place which you had no clue of. After an hour the car came to a stop again in front of a small wooden house in the countryside. 

Chanyeol led you through the door as the strong smell of coffee hit you. Aaaahhh... You forgot, this was a cafe scouting excursion. After relaxing with a latte and cake, Chanyeol left you to talk to the old owner of the cafe about his coffee supplier. You closed your eyes as you soaked in the serenity of the shop happily. 

"Hello young lady."

You eyes popped open to see the old wife of the coffee shop owner adnacing towards you. She took a seat next to you and asked for you opinions about her cakes which you cheerfully complimented.

"I am very impressed by how you and your husband are so close and loving after all these years." You complimented again.

"Ah yes, thats where our families saying comes from. "Never forget the one who brought colour to your life and you will never have a day in which you do not love them." The old lady said with a faraway look in her eyes.

Her words immediately clicked, but who was the one who had brought colour to your life ?

The old lady rubbed her hand against your back.

"You have to learn how to relax young lady. Take a break, your too stressed." She cooed.

Take a break huh ? You decide that maybe this break might be just what you need to learn about the world outside of corporate meetings and flow charts. 

Whipping out your planner you start to scribble down detailed time schedules to follow on your break. You froze just before your pencil touches your note pad, what DO people do on breaks ? What even is relaxing ? 

Dictionary. 

You flipped through the pages expertly and land yourself on the page that held the meaning to the piece of information that you sought after. Your eyes scanned through the contents of the passage.

-Relax

-Verb

- To make or become less tense or anxious.

Becoming less tense huh ? What were the things that made you tense to begin with ? Your responsibility was definitely it, but that had already been removed. What else ? You look down at your sheet of paper ready to write a report and form a chart about it. Then you realise. It’s your schedules, your constant need to have control over everything. You snap your planner shut, making a resolution to not plan anything for the time being and just… let life flow.

There’s nothing wrong with being organised, of course, but when you plan how your day is going to work out, how conversations are going to go, how people are going to react. Disappointment is often inevitable, causing you to receive unnecessary frustration over… well, everything.

For example, when a client doesn’t show up on time, and then calls in to apologise over something you were very sure could have been avoided had they been more responsible, disappointing. It’s disappointing when an intern only useful for typing out reports and calculating numbers but don’t even know how to do basic filing. You appreciate it when your employees try to ask you out for some “fun” and try to make you happy, but flippant amusement and temporary acts of love that doesn’t last is the last thing you want, and as much as they do put up a decent show, you are never fooled.

Needless to say, they give up after a maximum three weeks. Further proving their lack of commitment that was more or less non-existent from the very beginning.

But then again being correct also leads to disappointment too, as much as You would like to avoid admitting it. It’s disappointing when you have a Grandfather who has a habit of backing out of promises; especially when he makes more than three or more promises, then it becomes a sure bet that he will back out. It’s disappointing when one of your “friends” don’t reply to your emails or calls, or when they reply with a polite “I’m in China” as a way of telling you to leave them alone. It’s disappointing every time a customer gets Pink and Hot Pink mixed up when purchasing a merchandise online therefore resulting in you having to listen to the customer rant about their dissatisfactions in life, apart from being sent the colour that they did not order. 

‘Ok then,’ you think to yourself ‘let’s see how life works out without being right all the time then’

*

a/n: Idk... I'm losing this story somehow... any ideas ? Hehe sorry for not updating so long><. If you are bored I have two other stories that you might like ^^ I hope yout take that into consideration ^^ Hehe Sorry again >< I'll try to update when I have more ideas.