Chapter 4

The Colour That Painted My Black & White Canvas

Chapter 4

Day 19, Evening.

*

"Yah... What's up ? Do you not like the food ?" Chanyeol questioned in concern waving a hand in front of your face. 

"Ne ? Ah, Ahniya. I'm just pretty worn out by the flight here." You lie as you pick up a piece of rice from your plate and start eating. 

*

Chanyeol dropped you off at your hotel after making sure you promised dinner with him that night. You trudged into your hotel room and flopped onto the crisp new sheets of your bed, dropping your bag and the floor not bothering about the contents. You stared out of the picture window at the green nature outside. How calming.

Wait... You shot up into a sitting position. There it is again, the unconscious enjoyment of colour that felt so foriegn to you. What was going on ? Were you sick ? You felt your forehead for possible signs of a fever but your skin was at a normal temperature. You whipped out your black, leather planner and noted a reminder to visit an eye doctor when you got back to Korea. 

Sliding your laptop out of it's casing you started on the pile of unanswered emails waiting for you in your inbox. Being the CEO of a conglomerate, the amount of work you received was never ending. If it wasn't the online store it was the restaurants, if it wasn't the bookstore it was the clothing line. A particular email caught your attention.

From: Marketing Department Head 

CC: Grandfather

Subject: Losing Sales 

Good Afternoon.

Our stocks have dropped by 1.3%.

I have gathered from my research that it is mainly because the younger customers have stopped investing in our online products, fashion products and restaurants. 

This is possibly due to our lack of merchandise that teens are interested in and the high pricings of food at our restaurants.

I recommend we hire a designer to be in charge of a new clothing line for the younger generation along with opening a few cafe's at the popular areas of Seoul. If our cafe's are successful we can start opening more branches in different parts of Korea, Asia and hopefuly around the world. 

I do hope you take this into consideration. Once you give your word of approval we intend to take action on this immediately.

Regards

XXXXXX

Head of XXX Companies Marketing Department

-------------------------------------------

From: Marketing Department Head 

CC: Grandfather

Subject: Losing Sales 

Good Afternoon.

Your Grandfather requested that you be the coordinater for the cafe's.

He reffered to it as a "Fun new project for you."

As you are overseas now with Mr Park your Grandfather has made arrangements with the Park Family Franchise for you to travel around with Mr Park to gather "ideas" for the cafe's.

You are young Miss and our target customers right now are your age so please take your own preferences into consideration too.

Regards

XXXXXX

Head of XXX Companies Marketing Department

*

You sigh and shake your head at Grandfather's decisions although you were already more or less use to it. Guess you will be hanging out with Chanyeol more. You send your approval for the company to carry on with the other ideas before moving on to finish the rest of your work. After the mountain of emails were finally all replied you started to look through the itinerary your Grandfather had arranged for you on this small world tour your were going to take. Your concentration was interrupted by a call from the front desk to alert you that "Mr Park's" car had arrived.

After making yourself a bit more presentable you rushed down to the lobby to find Chanyeol waiting at the VIP parking section outside the lobby. Crawling into his car you could already hear his whines before you closed the door. 

"If I knew you were going to take that long I would have called before I left my house." He complained.

"Well I have a reputation to hold up as the clean, sharp CEO." You retorted. "Anyways, where are we going for dinner ?" 

"My house, I haven't had your cooking since forever."

"I came all the way here to have my own cooking ?" You asked sarcastically.

"Nope, you came all the way here to cook for me. It's really all about perspective." He said cheekily.

You groaned but put your brain to work sorting out that nights menu nevertheless.

*

"We're Home ! Hurry ! I'm hungry." Chanyeol chanted as soon as the both of you stepped into his apartment.

You sighed, sometimes Chanyeol was really manly and cool but he often showed you a side that you wouldn't expect to see anywhere other than a four year old toddler, much less a Multi Million Business CEO. 

You made your way around the place freely. Every single one of Chanyeol's apartments were exactly the same, same furniture, same kitchen ware, everything was in the exact same place. You opened a drawer and pulled out the same apron that was in every Park House placed there specially for the time that you would visit and cook. Wrapping and tying the apron strings firmly on your thin waist you set to work. Chopping, boiling, frying and stirring proffesionaly without any hesitation. Chanyeol perched his head on his hands watching from the small Island countertop, whistling at every move you make. He loved watching you cook and was always the first to volunteer to taste test all your experiments from the first time you started to cook up till the present time. 

You tossed three onions at him and slid a cutting board and knife over. He chuckled at the mutual understanding that took place between you two so often and set to work chopping them up. Onions had been your lifetime weakness, you did handle them when you had too not wanting to reveal it others but when you didn't have to you'd much rather some one else to it.

After a few more minutes of sprinkling and stirring you set two plates of pasta on the countertop, pointing at the boiling pot of soup as a way of ordering asking Chanyeol to serve it.

"So, world tour for a cafe huh ?" Chanyeol begin.

You groaned and held your head inyour hands.

"Sorry, I'll shut up." Chanyeol quickly added and silently sipped at his soup.

There was just something about cafes. When you say cafe you don't mean the generic, modern, chain franchise that most of the other students all congregated at as if it was Mass on Sunday.  No, those were useless.  Loud, commercial, and all the same with no original thought in them aside from the occasional epiphany an undergrad would suddenly come upon during their research.

A good, truly good café, took time and effort to find and had it’s own feeling, it’s own personality, even its own scent. You could walk in and just know you two would have a good relationship just by how the floor felt and how the walls looked at you.  It was like, you walked in and suddenly felt you were home.  The individually selected furniture and old slightly beat up table tops with scratched surfaces wrapped you in a blanket that was more comforting than any bed time story.

In college you had been fond of one cafe. A cafe which took a month of searching upon arriving on campus. You had tried many other places before finally finding it, squished between two completely insignificant shops that you had never bothered to look at even.  From the outside, the cafe was horribly dull.

You never did know what nudged you to pull open the door and stick your head in, but you were glad you did. As soon as you walked inside, you knew, that this place was going to be a place of refuge for you from the outside world. This cafe was one of those well designed and laid out cafés that clearly was thought up from someone’s heart and soul. 

The walls were mostly bare, lighting provided by light fixtures selected after hours of pondering at second hand stores and discount shops. Yet they suited the place perfectly.  The chairs, all different and mismatched, were old and extremely comfortable. You had even fallen asleep in them once or twice without comment from the staff. 

The most amazing thing about that cafe though was the people who worked there. You didn’t know how they ended up here, but they, despite being strangers at first, acted like a family, to each other and their customers. It was just another reason you went there almost every day, ordered a latte at the counter, and sat for hours at a table and researched business management and the marketplace of the world, pondering over the smart tactics that huge billionaire had used. You often grabbed dinner there, ordering whatever was the special of the night from the smiling staff who would always chat with you for a few minutes when you were taking a break.

Unfortunately after your winter break you had returned to find the place empty. Not a single message or note from the "friends" who worked there that you had grown fond. Yet another reason not to trust people. Sadly for the life of you, you couldn't remember the name of the cafe.

Your eyes flipped back to reality catching Chanyeol staring intently at you. 

"You look so admirable when your deep in thought you know. Maybe that is one of the reasons that the people under you agreed to let you be CEO. So what did a busy mind like yours drift off to ?" Chanyeol commented.

 "Cafe" You mumbled picking at your pasta.

"You know if you need help you can always ask me... I'm a CEO too." 

"Why do you care ? You have your own worries."

"Hmmm let me think ... Cuz I'm your dependable OLDER friend who has always been helping you and I don't intend on stopping now so deal with it." Chanyeol informed sounding slightly ticked off.

"Ok then Mr Park, would you like to start a joined cotract with me to open up a branch of cafe's ?" 

"You know I'd love to. Tomorrow we're leaving early I need to bring you somewhere, Business Partner." He replies, winking at you.

He had something up his sleeve all along.

*

a/n: This Chapter ... I had NOTHING in my brain ! Argh. I hope I can update better chapters soon ><.