Chapter 2

The Colour That Painted My Black & White Canvas

Chapter 2 

Day 2, Morning.

*

The next morning was uneventful, when you woke the curiosity if Sehun was still asleep downstairs was quickly overshadowed when your secretary called you with an urgent message. 

“The Board called for sudden meeting.” His voice sounds loudly over your phone.

“Xiumin, please lower your voice and breathe.” You instruct as you glance towards the closed bedroom door but choose to walk past it and out your apartment door “I don’t have time to read the email the you forwarded, instead prepare for a full briefing. Meet me downstairs at the front desk in twenty minutes." 

"Yes President,” He says in a serious tone “I will be ready for briefing in fifteen minutes." 

Xiumin was your first personal hire, and over the years you both had built a mutual understanding of communication. He had learned you were always two steps ahead everyone, and he strived to become only a step behind you. 

When you arrived at work he greeted you with a tall coffee and immediately divulged the reasoning for the unexpected meeting.

You, of course, were well prepared for open discussion of the meeting’s agenda. 

As you sat through the droning voices of uninteresting financial reports you felt the soft vibrations of your phone through your jacket pocket.

After debating on if to ignore the incoming message, curiosity had found it’s way to you and you glanced over the table full of people, their eyes concentrated on the powerpoint display in front.

You pulled out your phone under the table in attempts to hide the bright glow.  

 

-> How exactly does one make curry? Do you just buy those box curry powders?

 

You stare at the text in confusion and then to the unfamiliar number. 

 

-> Or, do you only know how to make delicious porridge? 

 

A small smile creeps on your lips as you read the second text, still slightly confused.

You hear a soft cough from your right and look to see your "cousin" Baekhyun glancing towards you and then to the illuminated screen in front signaling you to turn your attention back to the presentation ahead. 

As his eyes continue to watch you, you place your phone back in your pocket until he turns his attention back to the meeting. 

Baekhyun was the Son your Grandfather always wanted. He was the child of a close family whose status was slightly less glamorous than yours was, but glamarous all the same. Baekhyun knew how the world ran, and was quick to adapt, earning him a significant placing in the company.

He was constantly keeping an eye on your activity. Maybe it was to catch you during your weakest moment so as to achieve a higher placing in the company. Maybe it was to gain favour with your Grandfather, you being the apple of his eye. Maybe it was simply out of affection towards you. You didn't know, you didn't care. You had learned that caring about unnecessary people was always a great disadvantage to you. You heart had become frozen towards any sign of love and affection over the years, only letting in the few people who had gained you trust over many years.

You pull out your phone once again and type a quick reply.

 

<- How did you get this number? 

 

Not a minute passes before your phone vibrates with an incoming reply.

 

-> Secret.

 

Is all it says.

You roll your eyes as your screen lights up with another message.

 

-> Do you know how to make curry or not?

 

Your lips purse slightly while you stare at the phone in front of you, debating on if to reply or not. 

The lights to the room slowly begin to turn on as the meeting comes to a close. 

Your fingers linger over the device and before you realize it your thumb presses send and a small check appears on your screen.

 

<- I do. 

 

*

 

As you pull into the drive way you’re surprised to find a slim figure leaning against the gate of the tall apartment complex. 

Washed out denim lined his thighs and the same leather jacket covered a thin white t-shirt. 

"Surprise!” He follows you into the parking structure and says as soon as your car door opens 

“I brought dinner.” He holds up a large brown paper bag.

You remain silent as your eyes take up his handsome features, fully recovered you noticed his skin was far tanner than last night, sun kissed to perfection as if he had just enjoyed a warm beach day in the middle of winter. 

His lips full and red, plump, and for only an instant you wondered how they would feel on yours. 

Brown wavy locks fell on his eyes slightly, but you rather liked the way he would pause momentarily and messily push the hair out of his face. 

“Or…” His voice trails of slightly “Are you busy?”

You push past him and begin your way towards the elevator and to your apartment.

He trails behind “I brought ingredients for curry, but I’ve never actually made it before so…”

You stop and turn to him as the elevator arrives before stepping in and pressing to hold button.

He stands in front of you unsure if to follow.

“So the repayment you’ve deemed fit for my act of kindness is me cooking for us both?” You retort, unwilling to let in any type of affection that may break down the fotress that you painstakingly built.

He bites his bottom lip and a small lopsided smile fills his features, crescent eyes and all.

“The repayment was enjoying my company.”

You feel the corners of your lips tug up slightly, and he takes that as his sign to join you in the elevator.  

“You know,” He begins as the elevator makes it’s way to the top floor “You never did tell me your name.”

You open your lips to reply when he leans in close to your ear.

“But that’s okay,” He whispers in your ear, “I know exactly who you are, Miss President.”

He holds up a small card with your name and number.

As the door to your apartment closes behind Sehun, you kick off the heels previously on your feet and slip a pair of slippers on before making your way into the large kitchen.

Early morning and late nights at work had left the kitchen long unused. 

He sets the brown bag on the table and begins taking out each item. 

With a satisfied smile he looks to you for some kind of approval.

"Sehun,” You say looking at the table full of ingredients “You only bought three potatoes and chicken .”

“No,” He shakes his head as he holds up a small box “Curry powder.”

You take the box from his hands and inspect the backside momentarily, before making your way to the trash and tossing the orange box.

“My curry powder.” He pouts

You then turn the fridge and pull out proper ingredients then to the pantry to fill the table with an array of spices.

He lets out a loud whistle as you wrap a white apron around your body, you turn to see him sitting across the large island in the middle of the kitchen.

“When you said you knew how to cook, you really meant it." 

"Of course,” You give him a smug look “But, that doesn’t mean you’re not going to help me." 

You walk towards him and pull the boy to stand in front of the wooden chopping board. 

"Chop one onion and three tomatoes.” You instruct

His face contorts into a disapproving look. 

“I don’t mesh well with knives,” He holds up the silver object “Can’t I wash the rice or something?”

You roll your eyes and take the knife from his hand, he watches in awe as you quickly dice and slice the raw ingredients and place them in a ready pot. 

As the moments pass the aromatic smell of spices fills the room, the warmth from the smell and heat of the kitchen filling you with a comforting feeling. 

It was odd having Sehun, or anyone for that matter, looking back at you with blinding smile from across the dining room table. 

As handsome and mature he looked with his ripped jeans and tight shirts, his smile always gave off the impression of innocence. It was something that you found yourself smiling back at.

“So,” You break the silence floating in the room “What is it exactly you do Sehun?”

“A little bit of this, a dash of that.” He says with a shrug while scooping a heaping of rice into his spoon.

He peaks towards you under long bangs and a loud laughter spills past his lips.

“Sorry,” He says setting the spoon down in between broken chuckles “Your face though, are you always so serious?”

Your lips form a stern line, certainly not appreciating being laughed at in your own house.

“My family is new money.” He says finally “I graduated last year and have been buying and reviving broken down businesses." 

'Took you long enough' You think to yourself.

Your eyebrow raises in a questioning manner before glancing down to his flashy clothing.

"My current project is a nightclub downtown.” He says noticing your stare. 

“Umhm.” You reply, still unsure of who exactly it was you had allowed into your apartment. 

He lifts his spoon and blows on the piping curry before heartily eating it, a satisfied moan of approval sounding seconds after. 

“I owe you though,” He reaches for the glass of water “My life would have nearly ended yesterday if it wasn’t for you." 

Your mouth opens and you gape at his calm expression contrasting the gravity of what he was saying. 

He laughs once again, eyes forming the crescents you had begun to love. 

"I’m joking again. Lighten up Pres.” He teases “My car was actually a few feet away but I ended up passing out right in front of yours before I could even make into the mart for medication.”

He leans forward across the table, an almost smirk tugs at the corners of his lips.

“Any other questions for me Pres?" 

It was strange really, because none of the answers Sehun provided changed your image of the man sitting across from you. 

"Do you like the curry?” You found yourself asking.

A full smile plastered his lips before he leaned back in his chair.

*

Sehun’s weekend visit slowly turned into weekday visits, and as the weeks passed you found the handsome boy to be frequenting your apartment almost every other day. 

Each time though you found yourself opening up more to him, laughing at more of his idiot jokes, allowing him to slip his feet on the coffee table after helping clean up. 

It became natural receiving a midday text message from Sehun requesting tonight’s dinner. 

 

-> Chicken parmesan. 

 

<- Chicken , bread crumbs, and four potatoes.

 

And even though it was all becoming routine, no day with Sehun was ever the same.

 

-> Got it. I have a surprise for you tonight though.

 

You were moments away from sending Sehun a very inquisitive text message when you heard a light knock on your office door followed by Xiumin’s entrance.

“Mr. Park left a message for you to join him tonight." 

He slips a folded paper onto your desk, you notice him glance down to your phone, eyebrow quirking because Xiumin knew your phone was never out during work hours. He says nothing though and exits the room as briefly as he had entered.

"Crap.” You mumble as soon as your secretary is well out of earshot. 

As if on queue your phone rings and you see Sehun’s face illuminate the screen. 

“Pres. I’m going to be late tonight, something came up at the club. Sorry.” He says quickly.

“No, no that’s fine Sehun.” You see the red flashing of your work phone ring as well, Chanyeol’s number clear on display. “Why don’t we cancel today? Something came up on my end as well." 

The line remained quiet and you could almost picture the pout on his face.

"Unless you don’t mind meeting a bit later ?" 

The words as the left your mouth surprised you more than anything. Time was money, and here you were trying to squeeze in a few moments of the day just to see Sehun. 

"Perfect!” He says excitedly “I’ll see you then.”

The call ends and you answer Chanyeol’s just before the bright light stops flashing.

“Our CEO must be extremely busy now.” A deep voice sounds over the line. 

“Not as busy as our jet setter Mr. Park.”

He huffs over the phone “And yet I at least find it in my time to phone you once in a while.”

“Sorry.” You say, feeling genuinely apologetic towards Chanyeol.

“So my place tonight, I left my new code with your secretary,but ” He paused “I know you probably missed my voice" 

“As usual Park, you can never tell exactly what I want.” You sigh, shaking your head.

*

a/n: Ne ~ I released 2 Chapters in One day !!! Yehet~ Ohorat~ I really hope you like it ! Comments Juseyo ~ See you soon !