#5

Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chanyeol is confused like really, really confused.

 

He is sure it was kyungsoo only he was talking to for last 2 weeks but he does not know where what went wrong that the latter is avoiding him BIG TIME.

 

Yes, he agrees that the singer is not very social, not even in chatting(!!!!), but he has his moments when he goes with the flow and he swears sometimes he even responded to his oh so obvious flirting also. He choked on air that day and somehow came back to life.

 

But there are also times, like right now, that he completely cuts him off. one it happened first few times he thought the latter was busy or tired but eventually one day the younger told him that he does not want to give any wrong signs or false hope. He straightforwardly said that he knows the actor has keen interest in him and it’s not like he does not like him. But that’s the problem; he does not want to get attached.

 

Kyungsoo does not do mild, if he is attracted it’s up to extreme level. He either hates a person or loves a person with all his heart. He doesn’t do in betweens. And that has given him enough heartache to last for eternity. He does not want to feel the pain of being left alone by someone all over again. He is insecure, confused and totally impractical.

 

His mind is full of denial but his heart, oh that bastard kai, always a sap for romance, is already having fantasies about Chanyeol. He knows it has nothing to do with him but his own feelings for the actor. He is stupid like that. Not accepting what he truly wants and blaming it all on the poor guy.

 

On the other hand, chanyeol is confused and hurt. He thought that they were moving forward and he was even planning to confess his real feelings towards the other but all this ignoring has left a bitter taste in his mouth.

 

 

 

Kyungsoo was cleaning his apartment just to occupy himself, his habit when he is extremely nervous. Chanyeol has texted him five times and the last one sounded like he was really offended by his lack of responses. He is feeling guilty and sad but there is still something holding him off to not give in to latter advances.

 

And the next thing he finds in between his fingers makes it all worst. It is kai’s letter. His last words to him and everything, every doubt, ache, feeling of longing, the guilt it all comes like a rush of waves swallowing him as a whole. He is rooted to ground, not being able to move or blink or breathe for that matter. His eyes are blankly staring at the note, no trace of tears as they have already given up.

He is brought out to reality by the loud ring of his hand phone. Someone is calling him and as he stumbles towards the desk to get a hold of the device, he see PARK CHANYEOL blinking at his face like he has been slapped hard. Suddenly he is angry, frustrated and over all disgusted by himself for ever thinking of replacing the one who sacrificed himself for him. He feels like he sinned by so much as thinking of the actor.

He answers with a sharp ‘Hello’ and getting a very tired sigh in response he knows it’s over.

In the end kyungsoo tells him quite harshly to stop contacting him.

“We are not friends or anything else for that matter” and he hangs up with a sharp click not waiting for a reply.

 

Saying Chanyeol is hurt will be an understatement but saying Kyungsoo is undeterred will be a total lie.

 

They both are wounded by the longing their heart feels for each other.

 

They never talked after that day. Chanyeol stopped going to that cafe. Kyungsoo would be glancing everytime there was a chime of someone entering in hopes of seeing someone familiar. Next second he would be storming off through said gates for even thinking that.

 

It’s been one month. They have kept their promise of not contacting each other which now sounds really stupid to both of them but they cannot go back. It is so messed up already and they don’t know where to start from. They miss each other terribly, or maybe it’s just chanyeol because the stubborn singer still denies if he feels something for the former.

 

He is in the cafe. It is crowded today but luckily he is in the back secluded corner which no one pays much attention to. There is loud chatters going on around and the teenagers are furiously tapping on their phones. He is confused but does not think much of it. Until he hears a name which sends chills down his spine.

 

“Actor Park Chanyeol rumoured to be dating his current drama co-actor Kim Yunji”

 

The words are glaring back at him from his hand phone. The top trending article on every news and magazine portal.

He drops the drink of glass which prod

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter