Chapter_09

Rewind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

  
 Squirming a little in her seat, Joohyun looked up at the faces in front of her. She don't know anyone of them, she can't even say who's who. Although she seen and red up some things around Seohyun's room, she can't remember her classmates' names. The way they face Joohyun makes her in real awkward state, it's even worst than being bullied by Hemi.

 "Hey, leave Seohyun alone." Her eyes darted onto his face, she can't help but form a small smile in her lips.

 Seohyun must be lucky to have them all, especially him.


 The other students went back to their own seats while some left staring at her waiting for her answer. One lass laid her eyes on her like an eagle that would eat its prey. Joohyun prayed that the teacher would come in so no one will ask her furthermore questions that makes her uncomfortable.

 "Yah!" Joohyun raised her gaze up to the lass in front of her. She have a black with green highlights hair and she's actually pretty yet Joohyun's not quite sure what's her name.

 "... Yes?"

 "Are you really okay, Seohyun? You don't act like yourself anymore." 

 Joohyun watched as the concerned lady took her hands. She never felt to have a real friend before and the atmosphere makes her too awkward. She felt her hands being squeezed. Joohyun tried to remember her name of all the names she'd read last night, all came from Seohyun school photo book.

 "I'm fine, Hani-yah." Joohyun mentally thanks herself for remembering the lass, she do look different from the yearbook since she had a pink hair last year.

 "Glad you still remember me, Im Seohyun. Yah! Do you know how worried I was?" 

 Faking a chuckle, Joohyun smiled warmly at her so-called friend. Hani is a bubbly girl, she thinks and she can't imagine herself being like Hani. She's not bubbly, she's not a smiley type person. She's just Jeon Joohyun, the outcast. The quietest of the whole class yet her old classmates would bully her even she didn't do anything wrong at them.

 The loud atmosphere died down as the teacher went in. He held his specks up from the tip of his nose. Books in his grasp and a chalk box like he just brought. The students took out their notebooks and a thin notebook as well as there pens.

 "Good morning students. As you can see, Seohyun's now back from her long absent. I guarantee that you have a good reason for that?"

 Since she's not Seohyun, Joohyun didn't greet everyone like Seohyun would. Seohyun would smile brightly and always give them a great smile. While Joohyun, she bowed down to the professor and smiled forcefully. 

 "I'm sorry, Mr... Shin. I was sick for those days and haven't recovered for along time. From now on I'll keep myself away from sickness."

 The students turned even more quiet at we weird yet sense-full answer. The usual Seohyun they remember would just give Mr. Shin her bright smile but the girl they looking up is different. She even got a bangs than the normal Seohyun who doesn't like having her hair covering her forehead. She seems strange.

 "Well, if that's the real deal, then we can proceed from our next topic." The professor seems to not notice the quiet atmosphere. "... Turn to page 215."


  After class, Joohyun arranged everything inside her bag. Her attention was just in going home and leave the school but things didn't go as she planned. The five pair of eyes went to her. Joohyun covered her cold eyes behind her bangs before slinging Seohyun's bag pack on her shoulders. She tried to avoid then but someone caught her wrist.

 "What?" 

 The lad squinted his eyes and scanned her from toe to the tip of her head. He gave a genius aura as Joohyun realized he's wearing a pair of eyeglasses. His uniform is neatly tucked, makes him look as the teachers' pet but his dyed hair is messed up.

 "Seohyun?... You've changed?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter