Crashing Down..

The Haunting Shadow Pt. 2 (BTSXSKE48)

“Rena, we need to get out of the country.” 

 

“What do you mean, get out of the country?” Rena asked, “Don't leave Churi behind, she needs you.” 

 

That was what tugged at Airi’s heartstrings. She needed to tell Akane what she needed to know. That she was stupid for what she did to her bird-loving partner and she would beg for her forgiveness. She needed to go to her house and see if she was there, before she had left. 

“Rena…. I need to go to Churi….” 

 

"But Airi...She could possibly rat us out for killing Jurina.." 

 

"Well she won't know unless I tell her." 

 

Airin 

 

“I'm going now… See you later, Rena…” She just left Rena as she walked to the door, opened it, walked out and closed the door all in one go. 

 

She started walking towards Akane’s house and before she knew, as she was walking across the road, saw two lights blinking in front of her before everything became dark. Meanwhile, Akane was still sat at home, before the phone rang beside her. 

"Hello?" 

 

"Ms. Takayanagi?" 

 

"Speaking...What is the nature of your call?" 

 

"We have Ms. Furukawa Airi in Tokyo Dominican Hospital, she was struck by a car on her way to your house, but before she passed out she urged us to grab her phone and call you." 

 

"That's all I need to hear!! I'm on my way!" Akane yelled. She then hung up the phone, slipped into her shoes and grabbed her jacket. She walked outside and ran as fast she could to get to the hospital. 

Akane quickly ran in and made her way to the front desk.  

 

"Please...Tell me, what room is Furukawa Airi in??" 

 

The nurse looked at Akane and finally spoke. "Sorry I can't give out that information unless you are a family member or close friend.” 

 

“But I am a close friend!” 

 

 "What's your name?" 

 

"Akane Takayanagi, why?" 

 

"...Let me see your I.D." 

 

"Here..." Akane dug in her pocket and pulled out her I.D. sliding it over to the woman sitting behind the desk. 

 

"Hmm...Okay go ahead, she's in room 146 on the 2nd floor." 

 

"Thank you!" Akane shouted while running to the elevator. She pressed the up button and the elevator door opened.  She then felt a sudden surge of guilt and tension. Akane stepped in and continuously pressed floor 2 until the door closed. She then waited until the door's closed and the elevator lifted to floor 2, and once the door's opened again, Akane rushed down the halls and found room 146 and knocked on the door with full strength. 

 

 Airin… Please be okay….”  She whispered to herself,  “I don't want to lose you….” 

Just then, the door opened and a doctor appeared. 

 

"Miss Takayanagi?" 

 

"Yes sir.." Akane said she walked past the doctor and rushed over to Airi's bedside. She had seen Airi with her eyes closed and her head was bandaged, “How is she?” 

 

“Well, Miss Furukawa has suffered many injuries. But the main injury I'm concerned about is an injury to her head.” 

 

"Like...Her Brain..?" 

 

"Sadly..Yes, there is a good chance that she can have amnesia." 

 

“WHAT?!” 

 

"She has a mild concussion, it's  not that serious but it could effect her way of living and thinking. 

 

"THEN HOW IS IT NOT THAT SERIOUS?!” 

 

"Ma'am calm down.." 

 

"DON'T YOU DARE ING TELL ME TO CALM DOWN, MY BEST FRIEND COULD BE MENTALLY ED UP RIGHT NOW! 

 

“Please! I know you're concerned about her, but shouting like this is not the way to go about it! 

 

“But…” 

 

Just then, the door opened to reveal a girl who Akane had never seen before. 

“Ah, Tsugumi.” 

 

“What happened to Airi-chan?” 

 

"Who the hell are you and why are you here!" 

 

"Excuse me?" 

 

"Don't act like you can't hear...Who are you?" 

 

“I should ask the same to you, Airi never told me about you.” 

 

“Just tell me your name!” 

 

The names Iwanaga Tsugumi. Why I'm here? I wanted to see my cousin, is all.” Tsugumi didn't raise her voice nor yell, she just did as Akane had asked. 

 

“YouAirin’s cousin?” 

 

“Yes, I haven't seen her in ages due to my work overseas.” 

 

“Oh… The names AkaneTakayanagi Akane.” 

 

"So who are you...?" 

 

"I'm Airi's bestfriend..." Her expression changed and she lightened up a bit, putting her guard down. 

"Is that so..?" 

 

"Yes... I never knew she could've gotten in this much trouble… It's my fault, Tsugumi… I'm sorry…” 

 

“Everyone makes mistakes, Akane-chan, I know you didn't even mean it. Now I gotta go, somethings popped up at work. Look after Airi-chan for me.” Tsugumi then left Akane with her unconscious cousin. 

 

Airin… I'm sorry, if I could do anything, I would do it…. I just want to see you safe….” 

Just then, Airin slowly opened her eyes... 

 

"AIRIN!! YOUR AWAKE!!" 

 

"Mmm..? Akane….” She spoke softly, I'm sorry I even did those things to you…. Now that I'm a wanted criminal…. I might as well leave the country… That's when Akane’s heart started to shatter. 

"So...You did kill Jurina..?" 

 

"Well, not exactly...Rena did...I just happened to have been there…” 

 

Airin…” 

 

“I'd rather die now, than to have you ignore me… To not have you in my life at all… 

 

“I can't let you die… I can't live with myself if I had just let you die because of my foolish mistakes!” 

 

“I deserved this! I deserved the pain from the accident because I hurt such an innocent girl like you, Akane…” 

 

Flashback 

It was just after Airi had gotten hit by the drunk driver, paramedics were swarming her and blood was splattered everywhere. 

“Miss! Can you hear us…?!” 

Akane….” 

“What?” 

I need Akane… Please…” 

Akane who?” 

Taka… yanagi… Akane….” 

“Get in contact with Takayanagi Akane. It must be urgent.” 

“We can do that when we get there!”  

“We need to do it now!” 

Then, everything became dark for Airi, no one was there, nor could she see anything. 

Flashback End. 

Airi tried to get up before slowly backing down and wincing in pain. 

"Oh my god...Airin.." 

"...I need to get out of here Akane..Help me!!" 

"No Airi, you can't leave..You need to stay here and recover!” 

"Fine.." Airi said. She rolled onto her side, with her back facing Akane...