Better Together

Love

When I woke up, it wasn't morning anymore. Or noon. It was slightly dark, the sun set just a while ago. I was lying down on something soft, somone's lap I think. I wanted to open my eyes but didn't feel like it so I sighed and moved my head on the person's lap, who I think was Yoongi, since I recognized his scent. "I know you're awake, Jungkookie," He chuckled and patted my head. I groaned and opened my eyes. "So you've finally decided to wake up, thank God. My legs were becoming numb because of you and my heart almost died because of worry when Jimin told me you passed out." He flicked my forehead.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know I'd pass out." I mumbled quietly and tried to sit up but my head was spinning. "Do it slowly," Yoongi said and held my waist for support. "Thanks," I said shyly. He smiled sweetly.

"Jungkook, you're awake!" Jimin said and hugged me all of a sudden. Where did he come from? "Be careful with him Jimin, he's still a bit weary." Jimin pulled away and smiled too, telling me he'll be right back when I asked where he was going. Yoongi checked my forehead for fever, he sighed in relief and said that I don't have it.

"Here you go," Jimin handed me a glass of water, I thanked him and drank it. "Now eat," he said and shoved chopsticks with meat on it to my face.

"I'm not hun-" Yoongi parted my lips with his hand and my mouth was open wide as Jimin fed me with the food. I started chewing and swallowed. "What was that for?"

"You passed out because you didn't eat almost nothing for a while, not because of your anemia." Yoongi said and Jimin kept feeding me. "So we're making sure it won't happen again."

"Yeah, from now on, I'm going to text you everyday and asked you if you ate enough." I thought he was joking but Jimin was dead serious.

"Okay thanks mom," I scoffed and covered my mouth with my hand, "I don't want to eat anymore, I'm full." Yoongi forcibly moved my hand and opened my mouth. "Eat." He commanded. Too terrified to argue, I kept eating what Jimin gave me until the plate was empty. "That's a good boy," "I'm not a dog." Both Yoongi and Jimin laughed. "But you're so cute," Jimin pinched my cheek and I grabbed his hand and smiled softly.

"Thank you," I grabbed Yoongi's hand as well, "Both of you, thank you for being worried about me and taking care of me. I feel better now, I don't know what I would've done without you."

They became awkwardly quiet, Yoongi moved his hand from my waist and released his hand from my grip, "you know, whatever."

Jimin also moved his hand from mine, "yeah um, no problem man." I chuckled, they really are... something.

"What? Can't you two accept a compliment? A confession from my heart?" I said dramatically and laughed.

"That's a nice confession but it's not the confession I want to hear," Jimin slyly said, making me become all red. "Well, I'm going to sleep, all this worrying made me stressed and tired but now that I know you're fine, I can sleep." Jimin said and started walking to the tent. "Me too," Yoongi added and followed Jimin.

Those two are acting weird. "I'll go with you two," I got up and caught up with them, "I'm not excatly tired but I don't want to be alone so I'll listen to music and read a book, maybe text Taehyung while you guys sleep." As soon as I said that, they both stopped and looked at me.

"On a second thought, I'm really not that tired, I can stay awake," Jimin said and Yoongi nodded, "me too." Well that's a 360 degrees change.

We still went inside of the tent though, since it was a bit chilly outside. We a flashlight since it was dark. I sat in the middle, as usual, and grabbed my phone. "I'm texting Taehyung something and then I'll be with you two, okay?" They didn't say anything, only nodded.


To:Taehyungie

What did you mean when you said they're head over heels for me?

sent at:21:03


Maybe he won't even answer. I put my phone to the side and noticed I was stared at. "What? Is there something on my face?"

"Yeah, it's called handsome." Jimin said and highfived himself.

"You're an idiot," Me and Yoongi said in unison and highfived each other. "Jungkookie, why won't you read us one of your songs?" Yoongi said. "That's a good idea!" Jimin added.

"R-read them out loud? It's embarrassing..." I shifted uncomfortably. "Can't you read them alone?"

"But I want to hear how you read it, to hear how you pronounce every word, it means so much more than me just reading it by myself." Yoongi said with a smile. Jimin nodded violently and kept saying 'read, read, read!' to me.

"Fine, but I'll read a short part or something." I said and took my notebook from my bag. Yoongi grinned, "I knew you'd bring it." "Shut up." I mumbled and opened it, trying to find something I hadn't showed Yoongi yet. I want to read something that is meaningful but I don't want it to be depressing either. Then again, if I'll read something sad, they might get worried again... Maybe I'll read parts of the song I had started on the day before me and Jimin went to the pool. "It's something I started writing recently so it's not finished and I hadn't rewrote it yet so it might a little bit."

"Is it the song you told me about?" Jimin asked and I nodded. "Can't wait to hear it."

I took a deep breath, "This heart, what should I do? I can’t speak, what should I do? This wasn’t the first time Oh Oh Oh Oh Baby
From immature look to your innocent look, Little by little, my heart thumps." They both smiled at the cheesy lyrics. "Tic toc, tic tic toc Good Night. For some reason, this thrilling night keeps me from sleeping," Those are the lines Jimin sort of helped me with. "Tic toc, tic tic toc Thrill Love! I act like I can win against this feeling but I really want to be embraced." Now are the lyrics I really worked on, "Everyday of week I want to be with you, one day my heart suddenly jumps off running! I think my words will be different from my thoughts, Come true love love love, will we fall in love?" That was the point where my song ended. Well, at least for now.

"This is really cute! I don't know why you're so shy about it, I think it's good." Jimin said with a huge smile plastered on his face.

"It's... different from your usual lyrics though," Yoongi said, "Not saying that it's bad but I'm not used to you writing with this kind of style, maybe you really did fall in love." My whole face heated up.

I tried to find an excuse. "I haven't, really, but I've been noticing all the couples around me so it gave me inspiration."

"Oh? But you said you write with your emotions." Yoongi was smirking, I wanted to hit him.

"I have empathy, other people's feelings got to me."

"So you got love germs from other people, charming." Yoongi chuckled, leaned closer to me and whispered, "You're not fooling anyone Jungkookie." He sat back up. "Okay then, I'm going to sleep." "Goodnight hyung," I said and looked at Jimin. I don't think I've ever noticed until now how hypnotizing his eyes are and how distracting his lips are until now. His eye smile was really cute too, everything about him was nice, I think. At least in appearance, even the fact he was short, he did make up for it with a nice body.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Jimin was suddenly really close to me, almost making me fall back with shock. "H-huh? How?" He opened his eyes widely and stared at me creepily, "Like this."

"I didn't look at you like this, my eyes aren't as scary and creepy as yours."

"So you admit you were looking at me."

"I wasn't exactly denying it before, you know."

He laughed, "I know, but it's fun to hear you say you were looking at me."

"Why?"

"Because every time I look at you, you look away and I don't really get to see your expressions. Though this time, you looked back at me and it was satisfying." It's a bit weird but also a bit... cute?

"That's creepy." My phone beeped before Jimin could answer. "Sorry, I have to get that." I opened my new message.


From:Taehyungie

Why do you think that means? They're both interested in you so it must to be with another person who likes your crush

sent at:21:21


Ugh, again with this... They don't like me! Right?


To:Taehyungie

They don't like me! I mean, they do, but as a friend, just like I like them

sent at:21:23


"Are you texting Taehyung?" Jimin asked with an unpleased tone.

"Yeah, we became close recently. Sort of." I laughed to myself. My phone beeped again.


From:Taehyungie

'Just friends' is a lie Jungkook, for sure, they like you
I would know. I might've been a bit "busy" with Hoseok at that time but I saw how jealous Jimin became when you danced at the club
And when me and Hoseok left the club to go to my house, we saw you two slow dancing and the way he was looking at you was unreal, it's something alright

sent at:21:26


I don't see it. I looked up at Jimin and he looked at me with the same look he looks at everybody with. A friendly big smile. Maybe Taehyung is seeing stuff. I put my phone away and sighed. "Did something happen? Did Taehyung say something wrong?"

Without saying anything, I leaned closer to Jimin, even closer than he was before. I placed my hands on his shoulder, he looked at me with weird eyes but didn't question me. I sat on his lap and stared at him. I don't know why I did that but it feels comfortable. "Um, Jungkook, what are you doing?" Jimin finally said.

"Nothing." I said inoccently, I really did nothing except sitting, right? He raised one eyebrow suspicouly but once again stayed quiet. "You know, I wanted to say thank you." I shyly said.

"Thank me? What for?"

"For everything. Befre we met, things that were really hard on me, became easier after we did. School, social life, bullies, everything. You helped me a lot in things that are considered normal but I never really had something normal and stable in my life. It's nice to have someone like you as a friend, it makes me feel much more... confident? I don't know... I mean, I do have Yoongi and I really do love him, he's a dear friend that I value more than anything but even he has his limits. He can't be with me a lot because of his job and he couldn't help me as much as I know he wants to, especieslly at school, I know he hated it when I was alone and even if you two did fight, I'm sure he's happy you and I met. You didn't even have to be so nice towards me, you could've just tutored me and that's it, that's where our relationship could've stopped, but no. You were really nice and sweet to me and even though you were super cheesy and annoying at times, I'm still thankful to you." I think I'm blushing, I can't look up at him because I'm scared of his reaction. What if he thinks it's weird or stupid?

"Jungkook," His voice was sweeter and softer than usual, "Look at me please," I wanted to, but was too embarrassed. I don't even know why I said it now. He grabbed my chin gently and pulled my red face up until I was met with his intense gaze. "I'm happy that you feel thankful towards me but you have no reason to. I did the things I did because I wanted to, I'm not looking for 'thank you's, I'm just happy as long as you are." Crap, why are his words affecting me so much? Dammit... "Jungkook are you crying?" He chuckled and asked.

"No," I wiped my barely there tears and heard his chuckle turning into laughter.

"You totally are." "Am not." "If you say so," I kept wiping my eyes until he grabbed my hands. My eyes were a bit wet but I still looked at him. "As long as those are not tears of sadness, but are tears of happiness, then it's okay to cry." "Then do you mind if I borrow your chest for a while? I think more happiness is trying to come out of my eyes." He laughed and nodded as I pressed my head against his muscular chest and sniffled, the tears kept coming out. He wrapped his hands around my back and patted me gently to calm me down. I feel like a giant baby, what am I even crying about? "Sorry."

"What are you apologizing about?" Jimin asked, his voice still soft.

"For acting like a kid, for coming into your life and showering you with my stupid problems while wasting your time." Instead of patting me, he held me really tight.

"Don't ever say things like that Jungkook. You're not acting like a kid, it's okay to cry, we all break at some point. I should thank you for coming into my life, you made me meet an amazing person who desreves so much better than anything that has ever happened to him." I didn't see his face but I could hear his smile. "Your problems are not stupid in any way. They are serious and I'm happy you feel comfortable enough to share them with me. And don't ever say you're wasting my time, every second with you is worth more than you think." He moved one hand from my waist to gently grab my hair and pat it. "I'm also a bit of a mess so being next to you keeps me in place." I smiled and moved myself from his chest to look him in the eyes and caressed his cheek. I would never admit to anyone that I have said that but I leaned just a bit closer and whispered loud enough for only him to hear, " Then I guess we're better together."

 

 

 

I am so sorry that this chpater is so short but I thought that this would be a cute teaser for the next chapter
Please leavea a comment if you liked that cheesy chpater 
if you didn't, that's cool, Imma keep writing for you anyway so 
yeah
until next time 
bye:D