By My Side

Love

For very obvious reasons, I found it hard to fall asleep. I sighed and curled up against Yoongi, who looked like he was sleeping well. It was so hot but I'd rather burn than not hug Yoongi right now, too much has been happening lately and his touch is comforting. I rustled on the bed for while until I felt Yoongi's hands holding me tighter and preventing me from moving again. 

"Can you stop moving?" He mumbled tiredly, "I'm trying to sleep."

"Sorry," I whispered and sighed, "it's just that I can't really fall asleep for some reason so I can't help it."

He groaned and got up, pulling me up with him and placing me gently on his lap. "And why can't you fall asleep?" My whole face reddened just remembering. Good thing it's dark. "Jungkook?"

"I don't know," I wrapped my hands around his neck and rested my head on his shoulder, "my head hurts." 

"Do you want me to kiss it better?" What a dumb statement. Before I could answer, he moved my sweaty bangs from my sweaty forehead and kissed it. I wanted to say that he shouldn't do it, that it's embarrassing but for some reason couldn't. Deep down I actually found it a bit sweet. "So if you're not going to sleep any time soon, can you sing for me?" I can't say no to him, never.  

"Sure but let's go to the room downstairs," I got up and he followed. "My voice will echo in this room and I don't want to wake up someone up." The basement was really dark, I the lights and got in. "It's chilly out here," Yoongi didn't answer, just wrapped his hands around my waist. It's a relief that he was facing my back and not my tomato red face. I opened the door to the dancing room with my key and we stepped inside, "let's sit on the floor."

"The floor is cold, you can just sit on my lap," he sat down and grabbed my hand, pushing me down on him. 

This position was so embarrassing and I felt myself pressing too close to him. It was okay before but we're both openly gay, so I guess it's a little bit awkward. "What do you want me to sing?" 

"Sing one of your favorite songs, I like the emotion you put in them when you sing." He ruffled my hair. 

Something I like, let's see... Not something romantic or sad, so it rules out most of the songs I connect to. "Look to the sky confidently, now is just the beginning. Widen your shoulders, inside of you is someone like you. Don’t give up on your future even if it’s hard. Stand up, hold my hand, take the world."

Yoongi smiled and waited for me to finish the song, "Observe and feel. Even if we’re different, my friend, you’re not alone, stand up again." After I finished he clapped his hands. 

"You need to be a singer." 

"And have all the eyes on me even though I can easily mess up because of my anxiety? No thanks." 

Yoongi just sighed and lifted me up, making me yelp in surprise. "If you say so, shy boy. Now let's go to sleep." He started walking, still carrying me. 

"Hey, let me down!" I tried to release myself from his grip but it was pointless, I was too tired to protest properly.

He placed me on the bed gently and I blushed, everything is too awkward. "Jungkookie," he laid beside me and whispered in my ear. "Go to sleep now, you have school tomorrow." His hands naturally wrapped around me, I felt sleepy and closed my eyes. 

The next time I woke up it was already morning and Yoongi was shaking me gently, trying to get me to wake up. I groaned and turned around, only to get a smack on my . "Ouch hyung."

"Get up already, you have school!" He took my blanket and my pillow. 

"I have never hated you more in my entire life." I mumbled and he smacked me with the pillow. 

"I heard that."

"Good." I slowly got up from the bed and rubbed my eyes, going straight to the bathroom to brush my teeth. When I got out, Yoongi basically threw clothes at me. 

"Get dressed already, no wonder you're always so late. Why does it take you so long to just brush your teeth?" 

I took my shirt off and wore what he gave me, "because I like to be clean."

"Your room proves otherwise," he laughed and got out of the room so that I can change my underwear and pants. I brushed my hair and grabbed my favorite jacket, it was black and blue, Jimin's favorite colors. No wait, don't think about him! I slapped myself. 

"Are you done?" Yoongi knocked on the door but came in anyway. "Good, you are."

"What's the point of knocking if you come in anyway?" 

He shrugged, "manners." Yeah right. "Let's go, I'll drive you." I followed him to wear he parked his car and got in, wearing the seat belt. Safety comes first, especially with the way Yoongi drives. 

We arrived after about 2 minutes and I growled, "why do I have to be here so early? School starts in like tweny minutes."

"Don't you want to spend some quality with Jimin before your lesson?" He raised an eyebrow and smirked. 

"Just shut up," I smacked his chest and got out. Before I closed the door, I turned around, "have a nice day today hyung." I smiled birghtly at him. The look he gave me was a bit weird. 

"Uhm, yeah, you too." I could've sworn I saw a bit red on his face before he drove off. Was he sick? Maybe he's overworking and I just kept him awake for too long. I feel guilty now. 

"Jungkookie!" I heard someone yelling and running towards me. I moved quickly before Jimin could hug me, causing him to fall. 

"Ouch, why did you move? I only wanted to hug you!" I looked at his face and remembered my dream, making me blush madly. "Are you okay? You look sick," he wanted to put his hand on my forehead, but I slapped it away, making him look at me with confusion. "Did I do something wrong?" He was pouting. 

"No, it's just that..." Come on, think of an excuse! "I may be a little sick, I think I also infected Yoongi hyung by accident and I don't want you to get sick as well."

"Wait, does that mean you won't go with us to the pool tomorrow?" 

"About that," I really can't, it's too embarrassing. Seeing Jimin half and wet will only make me remember my dream. "I don't think I'll be able to come-"

"What? No! You have to go with us! It'll be boring without you!" 

"You'll have all the guys, it's really not that much of a difference-"

"You're wrong. I just know Namjoon will be with Jin all day and try to convice him to go the water slides so that he'll cling onto him and Hoseok will hit on everything there that moves." He grabbed my hand. "Please? You don't even have to go into the water, I just don't want to stay alone all day." He's making me feel like such a bad person, I really can't say no. I guess I have no choice.

"Fine, I'll come just don't look so pitiful." I mumbled and he jumped in excitement and then hugged me. 

I was surprised and almost fell back, "it's going to be so much fun, you'll see!" We were talking for a while when suddenly, something in Jimin changed and he pulled me behind him. "What are you doing here?" He hissed at Taehyung. I was frozen and stood behind Jimin as my hands were on his shoulders. 

"I wanted to talk with Jungkook..." I could hear regret, guilt and fear in his voice. His eyes were red and puffy, like he cried. 

"Like hell you are, get the away from here before I pucnh you again." Taehyung took a step back but didn't leave. 

"Please, you don't understand..." Jimin was about to protest again but I stepped forward in front of Taehyung, who shook.

"Okay, I'm listening." I said and crossed my arms. He fiddled with his fingers nervously. 

"I-I wanted to apologize for yesterday..." He spoke in a weak voice.

"You think an apology is enough?" Jimin bursted again, "you almost-"

"Jimin, please let him talk," I smiled sadly at him, waiting for Taehyung to continue. 

"What I did and what I tried to do is horrible, I know... I should've just left you alone-"

"Then why didn't you?" Jimin half yelled. 

"Well maybe if you'll stop cutting his sentences, he'll tell us." I know he's being protective and I'm thankful but really...

"It's because of the drugs and alcohol... I really tried to quit but things were getting worse and my obsessionn got worse and then this happened... I never meant for this to happen..."

"Drugs?" My eyes widened. 

He nodded, "I know I'm too young for this but things in my life have been getting rough... I needed some sort of a distraction, then I met you. I don't know why I was interested in you, I just was and when I started smoking and everything, it got worse and I became violent but I never wanted to hurt you, or anybody else, I swear..." He looked like he was about to cry. 

"It's okay," I tried my best to smile at him. He lifted his head and looked at me with his big, pretty eyes. "If things were rough, then it's understandable. We all have our problems and a different way of dealing with them. I can't judge you but I know that if you dared to go that far to forget your problems, it must be something serious. I don't want to add on your troubles so I can't stay mad." He whiped his tears, though they kept coming out. 

"I-I'm so sorry..." He fell on his knees and I bent down, I wanted to calm him down but didn't know how. Eventually, I just patted his hair, it took so much out of me to touch him but I didn't want to watch him cry, I wanted to cheer him up. He looked up to me with his eyes wide open.

"It's okay Taehyng-ah, it really is." He got up and sniffled a few times before talking.

"It's the first time in a few years that you've called me by my name..." He mumbled with a really small smile.

"You can't just forgive him like that Jungkook." And there he goes again, Jimin and his hatred. "I understand people have it rough but that's not an excuse to almost somebody."

"Leave it be, Jimin, please." I pouted, I really didn't want to sadden Taehyung. 

"Fine," he sighed and grabbed Taehyung by the collar of his shirt. "But if I'll ever see you next to Jungkook or someone else for the matter, in a way that I don't find appropriate, I won't hesitate to beat the out of you. Am I clear?" Taehyung nodded violently and Jimin let go of him. 

"So what are you planning to do with your problems?" I was genuinely worried about his mental state. 

"I told my parents all about my drinking and drug using yesterday. They were mad but they'll send me to rehab and promised to support me all the way." I smiled. 

"That's good," the bell was heard. It means my lesson is going to start. "Well it was nice talking to you, but I have to go." I said and started walking towards the stairs. 

"Wait, my lesson is on the top floor too," Jimin said and followed me, wrapping a hand around my waist. I assumed Taehyung's lesson is in the labs on the first floor because I saw he stayed there. 

"Can you unwrap your hands from my waist? It's embarrassing..." I mumbled after I noticed all the people that were looking at us.

"Why? Are you uncomortable with me touching you?"

"No it's just that... everyone is staring and they might get the wrong impression..." My whole face reddened. 

"And what is the wrong impression?" His voice was teasing and annoying, he can't make me say that. 

"Let me phrase it in a different way, take your hands off or I'm not coming tomorrow." He sighed in defeat and moved his hand.

"You're a tough player, Jungkookie."

"Don't call me Jungkookie, it's weird."

"Why? Yoongi gets to call you Jungkookie, I want to do it too."

"Yeah well, will is a good thing." 

"Aish, so cold hearted. My lesson is in room 25 so I'm turning right."

"My classroom is on the left."

"I guess I'll see you later, bye Jungkook."

"Bye, Jimin hyung." I might've added the 'hyung' on purpose because he liked it in my dream. I smiled and was about to turn around before he grabbed my arm and stopped me. 

"Did you just call me hyung?" His eyes were scaring me.

"No, you must be imagining things." I laughed. 

"You totally called me hyung!" 

"Not that I can remember," he left my hand and I started walking to my class. "Bye hyung," I yelled before going into my class.


Apparently, my History teacher was abesnt today, so we had some free time. It means I could've slept more, be late but still be on time. I blame Yoongi for everything. What am I supposed to do for for the next 70 minutes? Before I could think of something, Jimin walked into my classroom, earning some glances and whispering. "Jungkookie, so you also don't have a teacher."

"What are you doing here?" He smiled and sat on the empty chair next to me. "And I told you not to call me Jungkookie." 

"Right, right, sorry. Our teacher didn't come today because he went to a field trip with the freshmen. They told us the History teacher joined them as well and I thought 'hey, Jungkook went to the history room' and I decided to check." He looked so smug, I wanted to punch him. 

"You've made quite the entrance," I muttered under my breath, happy he didn't hear me. "So? Do you want something?"

"To be with you," he wrapped a hand around me, making me blush from both his words and behavior. 

"Like I said, don't do that in public... people might misunderstand and-"

"And is it that terrible? I mean, you didn't care when Yoongi did it so why is it so bad when I do it? Are you ashamed of me as a person?"

"No it's sort of the opposite, I don't people to think you're dating some freak like me, it'll ruin your good name."

"First of all, you're not a freak, you're a human being, a really cool one as well." My face flushed, "Second of all, as if I care about the name I get in school. It doesn't change the fact I'm smart, attractive and popular. Not to mention I'd rather people think I'm dating you than any other person in this school. You're the most unique one." I tried to hide my embarrassment but failed badly.

"Sometimes you say such weird things..." I covered my face with my hands. 

"What's weird about it? I think it's normal."

Sighing, I laid my head on the table and closed my eyes. "If you say so."

"Are you tired?" His voice was full of worry again. 

I nodded and blushed, the reason why I was so tired is because I couldn't sleep and I couldn't sleep because I had a wet dream about Jimin. 

"Do you want to sleep on my shoulder? It'll be more comfortable." Just thinking about being so close to him makes my heart thump. 

"No it's okay, I don't want to be a bother. Besides, I don't want to keep you here so that you'll be a pillow, you'll be bored anyway. Go back to your class and be with your friends." 

"Are you trying to shoo me away? I'm offering this to you because I want you to be comfortable. It's not a bother, either. I'll get to see you sleeping on my shoulder. It's a win-win situation." He smiled and winked at me.

Why does he have to be like that? But I know that if I'll say no, he'll keep pestering me about it. Might as well give up now because I have no energy to stay awake or to even argue with him. Screw the embarrassment, I'll do whatever makes me comfortable. It's not so bad, right? If we ignore the people in my class then it's okay, right? Right? My face was burning, literally burning,

I can't move normally, my hands are so sweaty even though the air conditioner is working. Before I could speak again, Jimin gently lifted my head and placed it on his shoulder. "You don't have to be so nervous about what people think about you." His hand was now wrapped around my shoulder as my head was on his muscular shoulder. His body was radiating warmness and his scent was intoxaicating. It made my eyes flutter a few times before I ralexed comepletely and fell asleep.


The bell was extremly loud, it woke me up. I assumed the two lessons were over and the break was now starting. I was still on Jimin's shoulder. I was too shy to raise my head because I knew he was looking at me. I felt like my mouth wasn't dry and it was more awkward to find out I drooled on his shirt. "Is it that comfortable that you don't want to get up?" He suddenly said.

"I'm just trying to get used to the feeling of waking up, I usually need a few minutes." I mumbled shyly before getting up. I noticed his hand moved from my shoulder to my waist and it pressed against me when I got up. My insides fell like they were on fire and I stuttered when I tried to ask him to move his hand. Somehow, he understood my jibrish and moved his hand. "By the way, I-I'm sorry for drooling on your shirt." I wiped my own mouth and he just laughed.

"It's okay, it was actually really cute to watch." 

"Wait, you looked at me?" Ugh, why can't I stop blushing?

"Not in a creepy way, I talked with people and played with some apps on my phone but ocasionally turned my gaze to you. It's surpirsing but also heart warming to see you so peaceful." He patted my head. "Do you want to eat?"

I shook my head, "no, I'm not hungry."

"Do you still feel really sick?" He put his forehead against mine and I swear I've stopped breathing for a second there. 

I pulled my head away and shook it violently, my whole body is hot. "No, I'm really fine but you know what? I have to pee." I grabbed my back and quickly ran out of the class before he could answer. Where should I go? Before I could decide on a place to go, someone grabbed my hand and I almost screamed until I saw Jimin looking at my terrified expression. 

"Jungkook calm down, it's just me..." He whispered softly, squeezing my hand. "It doesn't really look like you were going to the bathroom, did I do something to upset you?"

Quite the opposite, really. He did everything so right, he's so nice and he treats me like so fragile and gentle. "No, no, it's just that..."

"What? Is it because of the people who were staring?" Oh God, I totally forgot about it but when he mentioned it... "Are you really that bad with people?" He asked softly after he dragged me to somewhere quiet. 

"Yeah, I have social anxiety so it's scary for me to be at the spotlight."

"Oh, I didn't know that..." His fingers lightly traced my palm, making me shiver.  "I'm sorry if I forced you to do something that took you out of your comfort zone, and you don't have to come with us tomorrow if you don't want to." 

"It's fine," I shook my head. "Like I said before, I have to get over my fear somehow. Going to the pool is like taking baby steps."

"Can I help you somehow with this?" 

"Just stay by my side for a while, if you can..." I whispered weakly. 

He pulled me into his embrace and I gasped. "If that's what you want, I'll stay as long as you need." His face was awfulllly close to mine again, what's with that feeling in my stomach? I wanted to lean in, I wanted to be closer to him, it looked like he wanted to do it too. Just as our lips were about to meet, the end of the break came and the ing bell rang again. "See you later," I mumbled awkwardly before I sprined away to my next lesson. Every, Goddamn. Time.

 

so this took like forever 

i finally had a little bit of motivation and inspiration to write this chapter 
If there are some mistakes, feel free to fix it in the comments. I'm really too tired to check it 
But yeah, if you liked this, I'd love to read your comments and opinions 
If you didn't like it, that's cool, imma keep writing for you anyway
so yeah, until next time, bye~