Day 7

Seven Days

Day 7:

It was cold day with winter kicking in early this year. The temperature was dropping steadily day by day and Nam Taehyun could not be happier. He had always favored the cold seasons. He does not know what it was but there was something really comforting about the cold. Taehyun pulled his thick hoodie more tightly around him as he left the campus making his way back home. 

Taehyun decided to take the bus home suddenly wanting a longer and more scenic journey home. It was nice to just take an hour-long bus ride where he could just not thinking about anything or sleep.  After all, with his exams just over, there was all the time in the world to rest and relax after the few sleepless nights he spent mugging the subjects he was taking for this semester.

Taehyun was just stepping off the bus when he saw the light dusting of snow.  He could not help but to smile as he looked up in the sky, feeling the tiny white drops barely touching his face as they continue to fall.

“Winter is finally here.” Taehyun mumbled softly as he opened the palm of his hand to catch the falling snow.

“AHH-CHOO!!”

The loud sneeze jolted Taehyun out from his little daydream and was instantly snapped back to reality. He turned to the sound of the noise and was not that surprised to see that there was a guy sitting at the bus stop.  Taehyun could tell he was dressed a little to the thin side, probably did not expect that they will be facing a light dusting of snowing gracing her presence.

Taehyun could not help but to frowned a little when the guy as he took in the way he was dressed. It was probably when he realized he was letting himself linger over the stranger a little longer than it was deemed necessary.  The stranger in question was dressed in slightly baggy jeans with a tee shirt and a jacket over it. However, one look and Taehyun knew that the jacket little, well more like it was next to nothing in terms of helping the guy battle the sudden drop in temperature. After all, the way he held his hands together to rub for warmth was more than an enough indicator to Taehyun.

The guy looked really good with tanned skin, black hair and wore a pair of black framed spectacles. In fact, there was something very manly about his features that somehow struck Taehyun. It make him shiver a little with excitement that Taehyun knew all too well that it was definitely not related to the weather.

Taehyun wanted to continue on his way but after a couple of steps towards the direction of his house, the image of the guy at the bus stop out in the cold was calling out in his mind that had Taehyun turning around and walking towards the stranger.

“Here… Take this… You need it more than I do…” Taehyun said to the guy while holding out his black hoodie who promptly jumped when he heard Taehyun.

“But you need it too!”  The stranger answered in a deep voice that was laced with concern as he saw how Taehyun was lightly dressed.

“It is okay. I live just nearby, I will be fine but I am not sure for you though. The bus won’t be here so soon…”

“But…” The guy still hesitated.

“Oh stop being wishy-washy about it already! Just take it!” Taehyun muttered getting exasperated with the situation.

With that he all but shoved his hoodie into the hands of the still stunned guy before turning around and ran towards his house.

~~~~~~~~~~

Taehyun could not help but to smile in memory as he replayed the little encounter they had. He had actually already forgotten about that episode but with Mino bringing it up again, it made him miss his hoodie that he loved really much.

Thinking back at the brief encounter, Taehyun realized that Mino changed a little from the short moment they met previously. Mino became better looking if that was even remotely possible since he already looked really good back then. He got thinner yet at the same time Mino’s body became more toned and it could be due to the nature of his job but Taehyun preferred his dressing now.

“Song Minho, what exactly am I going to do with you?”

Taehyun sighed out his question partly exasperated yet partly wistful as he sat at his desk looking at the items he prepared for the guy’s birthday and another surprise to mark the last day.

Well, that was if Mino was happy to have him that was…

~~~~~~~~~~

Song Minho was mentally cursing at himself for being so stupid as to miss his stop. He swore that when he got onto the bus he was only going to take a quick shut-eye or power nap as he likes to call it. However, the supposedly 10 minute nap became falling into a deep slumber only find out when he woke up that he was on the other side of town.

If the situation was not getting any worse, it started to snow and he was not exactly dressed to deal with the sudden situation of snow.  Song Minho was not dressed for snow. Well, he did not expect snow when he picked his outfit for the day.

“Great Song Minho, you are doing just so freaking great.” He muttered to himself sarcastically as he rubbed his hands together for warmth.

Just then he saw a bus pull up at the bus stop a distance away but it was not the number needed for him to head back so he did not chase for it. From a distance, he could see a guy stepped off in a black hoodie with skinny jeans and boots. The color suited him really well because Mino thought he looked like a goddess with his feminine facial feature, middle parting chestnut brown hair and pale skin.

Mino saw how the guy smiled towards the sky as he let the snowflakes fall gently on his face being a total winter guy instead of him who always favored summer. The guy that caught his attention looked really into the moment that Mino hated himself for he was about to spoil the moment for the guy soon.

“AHH-CHOO!!”

Mino gave a super loud sneeze from his seat at the bus stop. Luckily, there was no one else but the stranger if not Mino would be so wishing that the ground would open up and just swallow him in whole. Mino swore he saw the guy jumped before he whipped his head over to look at the direction of the noise.  

Mino was a little stunned by what he saw when he saw the front view of the stranger.  He never expected the guy to look so good when he faced him directly. Mino was hooked and somehow the stranger’s facial feature made it really hard for Mino to focus anywhere else except at the stranger. Mino could infer from the expression on the stranger’s face that he did not expect to find anyone else that was be present to witness that moment of his. 

Unknowingly, Mino was rubbing his hands together, gathering for more warmth. He saw how the stranger frowned a little before turning his back and began walking away. He unwilling tore his gaze from the guy’s retreating back to focus on the snow dusted ground. Suddenly, out of nowhere a shadow covered his line of vision.

“Here… Take this… You need this more than I do…” The stranger’s voice was deep which was a contrast to his feminine features.

Mino only stared dumbly at the guy who he thought had already left. He was holding out the black hoodie he was wearing previously towards Mino, gesturing him to take it.

“But you need it too!” Mino answered with a voice the delivered his concern about the stranger before him going back home in the cold.

“It is okay. I live just nearby, I will be fine but I am not sure for you though. The bus won’t be here so soon…”

“But…” Mino was still hesitant.

“Oh stop being wishy-washy about it already! Just take it!” The guy muttered. From his tone of voice, Mino could tell he was getting exasperated.

In the end, the guy shoved the black hoodie into Mino’s hands before turning around and ran off which Mino assumed was the direction of his house.

Left with not much of an option, Mino slipped on the black hoodie and was immediately feeling much better against the cold. The warmth from the stranger’s body heat and the slightly musky scent of his perfume somehow felt really comforting for Mino and he could not help but to let out a smile as he wrapped the jacket tighter around him, enjoying the comfort it brought.

~~~~~~~~~~

Mino smiled as he recalled in memory the brief encounter he had with Taehyun just a little over a year ago. He went back to the bus stop a few times with the intention of running into him again so that he could return the hoodie back but his timing was never right until he met Taehyun again when he stepped into the recording studio with Seungyoon.

Mino could not help but to sigh as he folded the black hoodie before stuffing it back into his backpack before he leaned back against the grass. It was the final day and he could not help but to be sad by the fact that they might not ever see each other again after the day is over.

He wondered how Taehyun was taking his little confession last night. He hoped that the younger guy would not think that every little thing he did for Taehyun was a joke or worse, a lie. Everything he did and whatever he showed, be it feeling or actions, to the guy were all real and true.  Mino sighed again before he got up from his spot.

“YAH! LOOK OUT!” a familiar voice that Mino did not believe that he might be hearing shouted from behind him.

However, it was too late because when Mino turned around, he was promptly knocked down but a guy that he was all too familiar with.

“Ommph! Nam Taehyun, you still have not learn how to detour? Are you okay? Are you hurt?” Mino muttered but his hands could not help but to wrap around the guy on top of him.

“I am fine. You practically break the fall.” Taehyun answered as he brushed his hair off his face.

Thank god that Taehyun fell on top of him breaking the younger’s fall or he was going to be worried that Taehyun might be hurt.

“I think next time if you ever want to roller blade again, I need to be here with you.” Mino said as he got onto his feet before pulling the younger guy up.

“Sure, I think that would be better?” Taehyun answered as he dusted his jeans.

“So we will see each other again after all this?”

“Is that not what friends do? Are we not friends?” Taehyun commented nonchalantly.

“Yes we are friends. Is what we are going to be…” Mino answered as he frowned.

“Great then we will do this again in the future.” Taehyun muttered before he slowly bladed away towards the roller blade rental store.

It was not right. It felt that it was not right. It should be so easy right? Should he should not be feeling so troubled.

“This is not right!” Mino muttered a bit loudly causing Taehyun to turn back.

“What is not right?”

“This!”

“What about this?”

Taehyun looked confused. The adorable kind of confused that Mino that wants to see on a daily basis for as long as it was possible for them.

“Taehyun-ah...” Mino chased after the younger guy before he could roller blade off.

“What is it?”

“Nam Taehyun, I want to renew my contract with you.”

“For how long?” Taehyun asked.

“The time period for this new contract is indefinite.”

Taehyun was pondering over his words but there was this unmistakable twinkle in his eyes that Mino could tell he was a little tickled pink.

“Can I let you know later?”

“What? But…”

“I promise you I will let you know later okay?” Taehyun answered before he proceeded to blade off. Leaving Mino standing there a little dumbstruck.

“Aish! Nam Taehyun!”

At that moment, Mino knew Taehyun had him completely wrapped around his finger.

~~~~~~~~~~

“Welcome back with another dose of the late night show with Song Minho… I am sorry I could not be here yesterday but I am back to day. I would really like you thank you for all the birthday wishes you lovely listeners have been sending me. I really appreciate it.”

“Before I checked the message board, I will leave you with a song from Big Bang, Blue. Hope you enjoy.”

Mino could not help but to sigh out loud sadly about the fact that the one person whom he most wanted a birthday wish from has not done anything. Not that he was expecting something but a simple “Happy Birthday, Mino” would have been nice. In fat, it would have been very nice because it was what would have made it the most important.

He did not even used Matchalatte to wish him as well, Mino thought sadly as he scrolled through the message boards. However, he did say that he would give him the answer later right? So that should be something to look forward to.

Or so he hoped…

A little cough sounded at the door had Mino turning around before his eyes widened with surprise as his mind registered the person that was standing at the door.

“Taehyun-ah… what are you doing here…”

“Erm, hi…” Taehyun greeted rather sheepishly but Mino could tell that he was holding something behind his back.

However, Was it just Mino or did Taehyun looked kind of shy to see him.

“I brought you something.” Taehyun said as he tentatively came into the studio and took a seat beside the still stunned guy.

Taehyun put a cupcake with a candle in front of Mino before taking a lighter to light the candle.

“Happy birthday, Mino. Make a wish birthday boy.” Taehyun smiled.

Mino could only smile widely before he made a quick wish before blowing out the candle which Taehyun clapped happily.

“I thought you have forgotten or did not know that it was my birthday today.”

“Yah, I am not that cold of a person, okay… To think I still got you this.” Taehyun pouted cutely before he put a brown paper bag next to the cupcake.

“What is this?” Mino peeked curiously only to find a sealed coffee cup.

“Peel open the seal and find out then.”

Mino carefully tore open the seal only to find that it was…

“Matcha latte?”

“Well, I just wanted to tell you that I am Matchalatte.” Taehyun sheepishly confessed.

“So you do listen to my show after all?” Mino could not help but to tease the guy sitting next to him.

“Well, it is entertaining and you were surprisingly entertaining and a good DJ though you shared too much of what we do together.”

“You said you will answer my question later. It is already later Taehyun-ah.”

“Impatient aren’t we? Well, after cause I think that is the cue to talk…”

Mino only sighed heavily before turning on his microphone

“Well, my lovely listeners that was Big Bang with Blue. I know I should not be doing this but I have a special guest here with me today. He came to celebrate my birthday with me and I am waiting for the next song so that he could give me my answer.”

“Don’t disappoint me okay, it is my birthday. So let me read some of the messages from our listeners.”

Oppa, is that you boyfriend that is here with you?! OMO he came to celebrate your birthday? That is so romantic!^^ – Spongecake

So you both are a real couple not just for the 1 week? – Juna

I want to hear him say a few words.. I am so curious so to how your boyfriend sounds like on air! KYAH! – Soojin93

“Yes he is here with me but he has not given me an answer yet. Would You like to say something?”

Taehyun only frowned before he gave Mino a look that said don’t-you-dare.

“He is pretty radio shy so I do not think that you guys will be having the chance to hear him tonight. Maybe next time.”

Taehyun watched as Mino continued with the show. He could tell that Mino really enjoyed his job from the way he joked, teased and even flirted with his listeners. He was totally in his element. Therefore, he barely registered that fact that Mino had just started playing the next song and is not facing him.

“Nam Taehyun, you owe me an answer. Pali!”

“Geesh, okay. So you were talking about renewing the contract right?”

“Yes and the time period is indefinitely.”

“Hmmm indefinitely you say? So I could terminate the contract anytime I want right?”

“You could but I am never giving you a chance to have that kind of thoughts…”

“You sound awfully confident.”

“You had me a year ago when you handed me this.” Mino answered as he handed the familiar black hoodie to the younger guy.

“So that is where you went.” Taehyun spoke affectionately to the piece of clothing.

“Anyways, for your answer. I accept the terms.: Taehyun answered while his hoodie.

“Really?” Mino pulled the chair closer so that he could get a better look at Taehyun’s expression.

“Yes, Song Minho, I want to continue the new contract with the new terms.” Taehyun tried his best to be as unaffected as possible but it was quite difficult when Mino pulled him forward to kiss him on the lips which was Taehyun only happy to reciprocate.

“This is the best birthday present ever.” Mino whispered as he rested his forehead against Taehyun’s before affectionately rubbing his nose against the younger’s

“Happy birthday Song Minho.” Taehyun wished him again. This time with more feeling, love and affection.

Both guys could not help to but sport similar looking grins as Mino turned the microphone back on.

“Everyone! He just made me the happiest guy alive so you could say that he agreed to be my boyfriend for real this time. So as a celebration gift, I would like him to pick a song that he would like to hear.”

“Anything?”

Mino nodded as he watch Taehyun scribbled the song title on the paper before passing it to him.

“Complete by SNSD?”

“Well, because you make my life complete.” Taehyun shrugged cutely.

“For your information, so do you.” Mino muttered before he pulled Taehyun in for a deeper and more satisfying kiss.

~~~~~~~~~~

And so, it is the end of the fic... i hope that you have enjpyed it... i hope to read more comments on what you think so no silent readers please... it will mean a lot to me...