Day 3

Seven Days

Day 3

Taehyun woke up to an incessant buzzing of the door bell and his mother telling him to open the door because she was too busy. Groggily, he made his way to the front door and opened without giving any thought at who he might just find standing at his door step.

“Yoon, I am just too tired to hear your spazzing in first thing in the morning where I am barely functioning…”

“Good morning to you too.” An unmistakable deep voice cut through his sleep deprived mind, causing Taehyun to look at the person in front of him with wide eyes laced with confusion together.  

“What are you doing here?” Taehyun asked. He could not do anything except stand where he was and stare at Mino dumbly.

“I thought we could go to the campus together.” Mino smiled. He was just admiring the way Taehyun looked really cute with his sleep tussled hair and eyes that showed he was obviously not fully awake. It just made him want to give the younger guy a good morning kiss so badly.

“Taehyunie, who is that at the door? Oh? Are you Song Minho-ssi? Come in quickly, it is cold out.” His mother popped her head out from the kitchen to find out what happened and who was showing up that early in the morning.

Taehyun could only dumbly nod and stepped aside to let Mino in.

“Good morning Mrs. Nam, I am Song Minho. I am pleased to meet you.” Mino introduced himself to Taehyun’s mother with a polite bow.

Mino knew it was just for a week but he wanted to greet Taehyun’s mother properly. He could also see that Taehyun took after his mother with the graceful facial features and flawless skin.

“Just call me Ommoni. Sit, I will get you a plate. Taehyunie, don’t just stand there. Go change then eat or you will be late.” She told Mino while she all but shooed Taehyun out of the kitchen.

“Taehyun did not tell me you are coming over this morning but luckily I made enough kimchi pancake batter so it is just nice.”

“Oh it is ok, I did not tell him I was coming over which will explain why he was surprised as well.”

Mrs. Nam smiled at Mino before she grabbed the phone when it buzzed. She frowned when she read the message.

“I am needed in the office urgently but breakfast is not done.” She looked up at Mino for a moment before she spoke again.

“Minho, can you cook?”

“Decently, I guess.” Mino answered sheepishly yet already had an inkling as to what she might ask from him.

“Can I trust you?”

“Yes.” Mino nodded, wanting to leave a good impression with Taehyun’s mother.

“Okay, finished up this batch of kimchi pancakes. Taehyun should be out soon.” Mrs. Nam quickly instructed as she passed the spatula and apron to a semi stunned Mino before grabbing her things and heading out.

“My mother left? Now that I am awake and functioning, good morning, Mino.” Taehyun said once he entered the kitchen only to find Mino frying up the last batch of kimchi pancakes.

“She was needed in the office as soon as possible so I was given instructions to take over and make sure we have breakfast.” Mino answered while he expertly gave the pancake a flip before plopping it at the top of a medium stack.

“She likes you it seems.” Taehyun mumbled as he went to get the plates humming to the tune of 2ne1’s song, Happy.

“You think so?” Mino smiled.

Apparently, Taehyun did tune in to his shows but the fact that he was trying to hide it was so amusing to Mino that he decided not to call the younger guy out on it just yet. However, just knowing that Taehyun tuned in to his show was enough to send him over the moon.

“Well, she let you touch her kitchen. It a sacred spot for those who are worthy.” Taehyun laughed.

They sat across from each other on the dining table after Taehyun divided out the portions. The silence was comfortable and Mino could picture more scenes like that in the distant future.

Would they have a future together?

Mino wondered as he chewed his food while looking at the younger guy sitting in front of him.

“What time do you end your classes later?” Taehyun suddenly asked him out of the blue and  pulling Mino out of own little daydream.

“I end at about 4pm but I need to be at the studio by latest 9pm since 10pm the radio show starts. Why?”

“There is an art exhibition that I would like to go. I was wondering if you would like to join me?”

“Sure, I have nothing after 4 anyways.” Mino nodded as they continued to eat.

They worked in a companionable silence at they cleared the table and washed the dishes. It was as though Mino had a part in his house instead of being just a first time guest. Taehyun could not help but smile at the way he was slowly becoming a part of his life. He wondered if it would still be the same after the 7 days were up.

They made their way to campus quietly with the occasional chats along. They were bundled quite warmly since winter had already made her arrival. Mino noticed how Taehyun kept rubbing his hands as they stood in the train together. Without thinking, Mino took Taehyun’s hand in his and rubbed them with his own, hoping it would warm up the younger guy’s hands.

“Better?”

“Yes much better. Thank you,” Taehyun mumbled. He could not help himself but to turn red in the face at the sudden skin contact.  It resulted in the most adorable blush Mino seen on the guy.

Without realizing it, they held hands all the way until they reached Taehyun’s class. The younger guy was almost sorry that they had to let go instead he gave Mino a smile before telling him that he will see him later..

That was that…

~~~~~~~~~~

“Man candy is featuring on your right.” Seungyoon muttered as he nudged Taehyun’s arm with his elbow.

Taehyun turned towards the direction that Seungyoon pointed out and true enough, he saw Mino standing there with his back against the wall with his smile in place. Suddenly, all Taehyun could think about was the feel of holding on to Mino’s hand just in the morning. It felt warm, right and not to forget the crazy thing it did to his system.

“Hello, earth to Nam Taehyun? You looked like you have not seen him in ages. What’s with the longing look in your eyes? Didn’t you said he came by in the morning?” Seungyoon teased causing the younger to whack his arm in embarrassment at being caught staring.

“You like him don’t you?”

“Maybe…” Taehyun decided to answer truthfully.

“Told you I was right and you are going to thank me for putting you up for this.” Seungyoon answered smugly.

 “I have not decided on that yet.”

“Well, you still have time. Let me know how it goes!” Seungyoon clapped excitedly.

“Yah, my love life is not one of your new drama to watch.” Taehyun grumbled.

“See you tomorrow, Taehyunie!” Seungyoon waved totoally ignoring Taehyun's comment before he headed off.

“How it goes about what?” Mino asked as he approached the younger boy who just rolled his eyes at his friend’s retreating back.

“Nothing much but just that my life just became one of his entertainment channels.” Taehyun muttered causing Mino to laugh out loud.

“So is that good or bad?”

“I have not decided it yet.” Taehyun answered as they made their way out of the campus grounds.

The rest of the way to their destination was spent sharing and trading little funny anecdotes of their day in their respective classes. Taehyun shared a bit about the things that Seungyoon was spazzing about their little arrangement much to the amusement of Mino. 

“Well, he is your best friend so I guess he was just concerned?” Mino concluded once Taehyun finished sharing.

“He is a nosy busy body. There is difference.” Taehyun countered. Mino could not help but to burst out in laughter causing several commuters to turn to look at the two boys who were just lost in their own little bubble.

The exhibition that Taehyun wanted to go take a look was one that featured local photographers and artists at the Seoul National Museum. They moved around the various displays in a comfortable silence as they looked at the various pieces. After the awkwardness, this time they were comfortable with hand-holding and did it unconsciously and naturally without knowing.

After a while of walking and looking at the art pieces on display, Mino decided to relive his restlessness by playing a game with Taehyun.

“This looked like it could be done by a preschool kid.” Mino gestured to a picture of something that resembles a flaming ball.

Taehyun wanted to burst out laughing so badly but he caught onto what Mino was trying to do. He managed to hold the laughter in and remained as unfrazzled as possible.

“Not just preschool kid. Anyone with knowledge of how a sun should look like can do this.” Undaunted, Taehyun delivered his counter blow.

“How abut this? What do you think?”

“Paint splatters. I used to do this as my method to de-stress.”

“Really? Does it work?”

“I find kicking paint can against blank canvases more effective. You will really release your inner anger using the paint brush to do it somehow does not feel right..”

They continued on playing the little game they started.

“Urgh, this looks an ugly version of my grandmother’s quilt. Can we burn it?” Taehyun muttered with a look of disgust.

“You have a quilt made by your grandmother?” Mino asked incredulously.

“No but if I did I am sure it will be nicer than this one right here. Anyway, she is not into quilt making, she prefers knitting.”

Finally, Mino could not take it any longer and dragged the younger guy outside the museum so that they could finally have a proper laugh.

“Oh gosh, this is so funny. I have never laughed so hard or had so much fun visiting an art exhibit.” Mino commented as he wiped the tears off from his easy from all the laughing.

“Tel me about it. I have never done this like ever. Though I was tempted to but most of the time I am alone so it was interesting and very refreshing.”

“As a celebration for being such a good sport, I will buy you a drink.” Mino announced as he led the younger guy into a nearby café.

Mino ordered an Americano while Taehyun immediately answered that he wanted a matcha latte which caused the older boy to look curiously at him. Taehyun then got all flustered and said that it was his favorite drink not knowing that Mino had already figured out what the drink meant.

There was no shadow of doubt that Nam Taehyun was funny, cute and so awfully sweet.

“Hey, are you free tomorrow evening?” Mino suddenly asked as they approached Taehyun’s house just before Mino goes off for his show recording.

“Yes, it is a Saturday after all. Why?”

“I have been invited to a rap battle session and I was hoping you would come with me?”

“Sure, I would love to come along. I am curious since I have never been to one before.”

“Great then it is settled then! I will pop by at 7.30pm tomorrow.”

Taehyun nodded absently and before his brain could register any reaction, Mino had already leaned in and gave him a light peck on the cheek.

“See you tomorrow then Taehyun.” Mino said before turning around to leave pretending that he did not just kissed the totally stunned boy standing at the doorstep of his house.

Mino wanted to punch his fist in the air for the reaction he got and totally glad that he followed his instincts and did not even hesitate and went in for the peck.

It was official that he had slipped painlessly into the crushing over Nam Taehyun stage.  

Mino’s good mood lasted for the rest of the evening weel into the night when the recording of his show would start.

~~~~~~~~~~

“That is all for tonight for The Late Show with Song Minho. I will be back on Monday with more dedication, requests and great hits. Till then, this is Mino, signing out but not before I leave you with the song by SNSD and it is the group’s mega hit, Gee.”

The chords of the saccharine sweet bubble gummy pop song floated through the airwaves following Mino’s exit but a certain Nam Taehyun paid no attention to it.

In fact, Taehyun just lay on his bed for the last 3 hours thinking about nothing particular except the little incident that took place just now.  He was not really paying attention to the show but was just running the scene over and over in his head like some bad re-run.

Did Song Minho really just kiss his cheek just now?

He sit up on his bed suddenly when he was struck with a realization that he had fallen for Mino.

Wasn’t whatever that was going on between them just a temporary arrangement or was it not?

“Oh God, help me now…” Taehyun moaned as he buried his face into his pillow. 

~~~~~~~~~~

Hihi back with the latest chapter... i hope that you all enjoy it.... sorry it took so long... i got lazy and busy with work... no silent readers please... i love to know what you all think... i am just greedy that way... *kekeke*