Day 2

Seven Days

Day 2:

Taehyun woke up in the morning only to find he had 20 over missed calls from Seungyoon who probably wanted him to ask him about his so called date and the radio show.  However, he decided not to reply him for now and just carried on with his morning.

Apparently, word got to his mother about his little “arrangement” because one look at her face when he entered the kitchen, he could see that she was tickled pink.

“A kind little pigeon told me that my son has a boyfriend now.” Mrs. Nam teasingly asked as she cracked an egg into the frying pan.

Damn that Kang Seungyoon and his big mouth. Taehyun sighed heavily.

“Mom, it is just for a week. For one week. It is for a radio contest.” Taehyun shrugged.

“I want to meet that boy. Song Minho right?”

“Mom… he is not my real boyfriend.”

“Still, I would love the chance to meet him.” His mother added wistfully as she put Taehyun’s breakfast in front of him.

“Mom…” Taehyun muttered exasperatedly.

“Yes! I know Taehyunie. Even if it is just a radio contest for a week but you can never know what the young people are thinking of these days…”

“Oh god Mom… NO… not that!” Taehyun interrupted knowing full well where she was taking this conversation.

“It is still my duty to tell you that you need to be safe…” Mrs. Nam deadpanned.

“Ewww, I am not some irresponsible son, Mom!” Taehyun watched his mother burst out in loud peals of laughter.

“You should have seen the look on your face! Oh I wished I took a picture of it!” She laughed as she watched her son angrily shoving his breakfast into his mouth.

Seungyoon met Taehyun outside his home and as Taehyun had predicted earlier, he was bursting with curiosity.

“Tell me what happened after I left! Why did you not answer any of my calls?” Seungyoon immediately asked when Taehyun appeared without even a morning greeting.

“Well, good morning to you too, little pigeon…” Taehyun greeted sarcastically, earning a laugh from his best friend.

“It was too good not to tell your mother. Besides, she was curious and happy too for that matter.” Seungyoon pointed out in his self-defense.

Taehyun said nothing except to ignore him and kept walking.

“Yah! You have not told me about the date yesterday!”

“There is nothing much to share. We went to have food then asked each other questions to find out more about each other.”

“Wow, you just made it sound like a dental appointment of some sort.”

“Well…”

“Oh! Did you tune in to last night’s show?” Seungyoon interrupted without waiting for Taehyun to finish what he wanted to express.

“No, I was too tired and I forgot.” Taehyun lied.

“Why? It was like the cutest thing ever especially with what he said! Sometimes I just don’t get you, Taehyun-ah. The guy is obviously interested.” His best friend threw his hands up in exasperation which Taehyun only shrugged his shoulders in response.

They continued on with Seungyoon giving a sort of play-by-play run down of what Mino said and Taehyun hiding his smile as they made their way to their classes.

~~~~~~~~~~

Taehyun found certain Song Minho standing outside the lecture hall when his class ended for the day. He will not deny that find him leaning against parapet in the afternoon sunlight was doing strange things to his system.

The way Mino’s skin looked so deliciously tanned and smooth…

“Okay, Nam Taehyun, you need to like so stop right now.”  Taehyun muttered under his breath.

Taehyun made his way towards him trying to ignore the fact that there were a lot girls ogling at him. He assumed they must be loyal listeners of his radio show. He felt the irritation rising with each step he took and wondered if it was weird to be feeling such thing only on day 2 and it was not even a real relationship.

However, when Mino flashed him that smile of his, whatever thoughts and reservations Taehyun had about their little “arrangement” flew right out the window.

“Hello…” Taehyun greeted flashing a small smile.

“Hey you.” Mino grinned widely like as though he was exceptionally happy to see Taehyun.

“How did you know what time I end and where to find me?”

“I have my ways, Nam Taehyun.” Mino cheekily replied causing Taehyun to let out a laugh which Mino found that he quite like that coming from the younger guy.

“I am sure one of the ways involved a person called Kang Seungyoon?” Taehyun laughed as he followed Mino who led the way.

“He was helpful…” Mino answered thoughtfully smiling at Seungyoon’s enthusiasm when he called him.

“I am sure he was. Helpful is his middle name. Besides, this is like the most interesting thing that has happened since we entered university by his standards.”

“So you are those quiet broody invisible types…”

“I am not broody… I am just a little bit quiet… There is a difference… By the way, where are we going?” Taehyun asked as he continued to follow the guy who was now heading towards the train station.

“You will see… Trust me, it will be fun. Yah! you looked like i am trying to kidnap you.” Mino laughed out loud at the younger's expression.

“I am not sure if I do.” Taehyun replied automatically. He knew that was just his logical mind doing the talking because in his heart, he already knew that he did trust the guy. Saying nothing more, he let Mino pulled him into the train without a sound of protest when it arrived.  

Mino was trying his best not stare at the guy in front of him. In fact, he was pretending to look everywhere else instead of a particular Nam Taehyun. However, it is so difficult since Taehyun was standing rather close to him. All he remembered was someone bumping into Taehyun and to prevent him from falling, Mino pulled him towards him after that all other thoughts left him.

Mino was pleasantly surprised when Taehyun did not move back to give them more space but instead continued to stand where he was. Up close, Mino could see the paleness of Taehyun’s skin, his cute slanted eyebrows and the scent that he wore which was slightly musky that was slowly driving Mino crazy.

Mino quickly held himself back from staring at Taehyun too long and quickly got off the train once they have reached their stop. They continued to the place with Taehyun beside him who kept asking him exactly where they were going and Mino telling to be patient.

“Ta-da!” Mino announced when they finally arrived.

“Huh? We are here at a park? How much fun is it going to be?”

“We are going roller blading.”

“That is your idea of fun?” Taehyun looked apprehensive.

“It is fun. You do not have to think much just blade, enjoy and feel the surroundings.”

Taehyun made no comment as he continued to scan the surroundings.

“You don’t know how to roller blade?” Seeing how Taehyun was uncomfortable with the idea.

“No, it is not that. It is just that it has been a long time since I last roller blade.”

 “Don’t worry, I am here with you.” Mino assured him.

However, Taehyun came to realize that Mino’s method when it comes to guiding through the circuit were more of like a Sparta coach with harsh commands and cold words. After a few lands on his bum, Taehyun was trying hard not to bite Mino’s head off. It was the 5th or 6th landing that he decided that enough was enough and went to the benches area to get a drink.

“Taehyun, we are not done yet, there is the still the last part.”

“You may not be done but I am sure I am.” Taehyun huffed.

Taehyun then took a sip of his drink a little too fast causing some of his drink to drip down the side of his lips. Without thinking, Mino reached over and used his fingers to wipe the side of Taehyun’s chin. This caused the younger to freeze and his mind momentarily stopped functioning especially when Mino’s fingers grazed Taehyun’s lip.

Mino was already apologizing when Taehyun realized what just happened.

“I am so sorry. It is just… You know I…”

“It is ok. Don’t worry about it. Thanks anyway.” Taehyun cut off an embarrassed Mino while he himself was trying his hardest not turn red in the cheeks.

They quickly disposed their trash and returned the roller blades before heading back. They  were quiet throughout the entire train ride with each of them deeply stucked with their own little thoughts.

For Taehyun, he was wondering why he felt the warm flutters in his system when Mino’s touched his lips. He wondered if he was falling for the guy beside him in such a short time…

For Mino, he was savoring the feel of Taehyun’s lips. They felt really soft and he wondered if he would have a chance to feel it with his lips instead…

~~~~~~~~~~

“The song you just heard was by the rookie group, Winner and the title is Colour Ring. If you have not got their debut album 2014 S/S, you should because the songs are great. As usual, it is time for me to head over to the messages board.”

Taehyun was lying on the bed listening to his show even though he did not remember Mino telling him to do so when he left. However, the only reason that he was listening was because he found the program interesting and Mino sounds funny over the airwaves. He knew that there was another reason behind it but he would address it when it needs to be addressed when the time comes.

“Oppa are you okay? You are playing a lot of sad songs this evening – Yuna54”

“Yes I am fine but just guilty that I put someone in a tight spot...” Mino answered which immediately perked Taehyun up from his spot.

“Is he talking about me? Over the radio? Seriously?” Taehyun asked to no one in particular while staring dumbly at his radio while his heart beat wildly.

“Omo what happened? – byulstar”

“I was a little harsh today and I guess it took the fun out of it and then I did something stupid. Something that is so stupid that it might even be cringe worthy for some people. “Mino sighed again.

“Does this guy even have a filter?” Taehyun mumbled out loud, his mind toying with an idea he had stewing since he heard Mino’s spew.  

“OMG something happened with your boyfriend? What did oppa do? Try to steal a kiss? Kekeke – Vickysan<3”

“Yah! I am not like that okay guys!” Mino protested.

“Kyah!! I am so curious about what must have happened that I lost whatever concentration I had for my revision. – Buttonschocolate”

“Wow you guys are so concerned over me and my relationship. I am sorry but I cannot say what happened exactly on air.”

Sighing out loud, Taehyun grabbed his mobile and quickly typed a message and sent.

“Don’t worry, I am sure he will only remember the enjoyable times today so please cheer up and do not be troubled anymore. – MatchaLatte^”

“MatchaLatte? That is an interesting name. Well, I really hope so too. Thanks for the encouragement. To You, I don’t know if you are tuning in but I hope I did not made things awkward again… I will make sure I do better next time.”

“Oppa! Use your charismatic charms! You will definitely win him over! – Joey!!^”

“Well, assuming he can be won over by my charms! Thanks for all the encouragement guys! I really appreciate it. Anyway, we are almost at the end of the late show with Song Minho. Before I leave, I will leave all of you lovely listeners with a slightly upbeat song from 2ne1 called Happy.”

Taehyun turned off the radio wondering why he was so worried when Mino sounded troubled on air. Maybe he should try to cheer him up tomorrow. He knew Mino was trying hard to make them more comfortable with each other. Maybe that was how some people behaved when in a relationship.

In fact, he was not upset that Mino touched his lips out of a habitual reflex.

“In all honesty, it did feel nice. Really nice.”

He could not help but smiled as he gently touched the spot that Mino’s fingers lingered just earlier that day.  

~~~~~~~~~~

Hello back with an update... hope that you wll enjoy it... the next chapter might be up later than usual since I wont be in town next week. Going to for a holiday in Thailand! See you all at the next update... as usual no silent readers please!