Day 6

Seven Days

Day 6:

Taehyun had always dreaded Mondays. He like most people experiences Monday blues where he just do not feel like getting up and would rather just laze the day away being wrapped up on his bed. There was another reason for him to dread Monday. As much as he still thinks that it is pretty impossible to fall for someone within the span of 5 days, he hated the fact that time was going be up.

Mino : I am bored… humor me… class is so boring… ^^

Taehyun could not help but to smile when he who was the sender of the text. Still, smiling, he typed a quick reply. He could imagine Mino sitting at one corner of the room looking really bored.  He was really happy to receive a text from him even it was not the best of the timings to be texting.

Taehyun: You are supposed to be paying attention. Not texting, Song Minho...

Mino : You must have been a really good role model student for you to have such a comment… You sounded really stern… *scared*

Taehyun could not help but to an eye roll heavenwards.

Taehyun:  Do you always have trouble paying attention in class?

Mino : Almost always…^^

Taehyun:  Sigh… Just try to concentrate?

Mino : Okay…  :( I still thought of bringing you to somewhere nice to have lunch later but Nam Taehyun, you are being mean right now… :(

Taehyun:  I am not being mean… I merely was just telling you that you need to concentrate…

Mino : You are… you don’t want to entertain me so I don’t feel like bringing you to the place for lunch…

Taehyun:  Okay then...

Mino : You are so cold… T_T

Taehyun:  You were being childish… *rolls eyes*

Mino wanted to laugh out loud so bad but he was in the middle of class. He knew it was he made the right choice to text Taehyun when he was hit with the boredom bug just now.

Mino : I was trying to be cute…

Taehyun:  You are failing miserably…

Mino : Wah, you are really a cold cold man :(

Taehyun:  Are you always this childish?

Mino : *Pyong!*

Mino : *Buing Buing*

Taehyun decided that he would not reply to such stupidity since it will only fuel Mino more. Besides, such things were kind of toe-cringing and gag-inducing in his opinion.

Mino : Why are you not replying to my text, Taehyunie? Are you ignoring me now? :( Taehyunie is being a meanie right now…

Taehyun:  Not when you are being a huge cheeseball…

“But you are a cute childish cheeseball…” Taehyun mumbled smiling silly to himself.

“Stop it already! I am so jealous of the both of you.” Seungyoon suddenly quipped spot up from his seat beside Taehyun at that moment. 

“Hmm? What? You can always just pick up your phone and text Jinwoo.” Taehyun answered absently as he continued to text Mino.

“Nothing like texting during class yes? Jinwoo and I did that all the time. What are you both texting about?”

“Lunch and how Mino is being really childish right now.” Taehyun answered, not once did he looked up from his mobile phone to look at his best friend.

Taehyun:  So is the lunch still on or off?

Mino : Yup, I decided I will be nice and take you there… I am awesome that way… ^^

Taehyun:  Am I supposed to thank you?

Mino : HAHA ABSOLUTELY, let’s play a game to relieve my boredom since I still have an hour till class ends...^^

Taehyun: What do you suggest?

Mino : How do you feel about pickles on burgers?

Taehyun:  They are not a must. I hate pickles… T_T

Mino : You hate pickles?! But they complete the burger… OMG… come on…

Taehyun:  No they don’t… all it comes down to how good is the meat patty… the rest are just nice extras…

Taehyun could help but to frown when he typed his reply.

“What’s with the frown?” Seungyoon asked as he looked at his friend.

“It seems that he is asking me my opinion on certain topics to see if we agree.” Taehyun mumbled. He eyes never leaving his screen as he typed.

Mino : OMG… this is getting painful… Let’s move on… Dogs or Cats?

Taehyun:  Like you… I like cats as well so cats it is… they are adorable and independent…  Plus they do not chew on your shoes… ^^

Mino smiled when he saw the guy’s reply because he had never told Taehyun that he loved cats. Taehyun must have looked up his information online. He found it adorable that beneath Taehyun’s seemingly unaffected attitude that actually Taehyun cared more than he would ever admit out loud.

“Why are you so lovable?”  Mino mumbled to himself as he typed.

Mino : How do you feel about cheese?

Taehyun:  They are essential for pasta and pizza… like DUH…

Mino : OMG YESS! We are getting there…  Bonus question… Soju or Beer?

Mino held his breath in as he waited for Taehyun’s reply. This texting session was getting so interesting that he did not know that the time was passing rather quickly.

Taehyun:  Beer with a shot of soju… Does not get any better than that…

Mino : WE HAVE WON!!! WE ARE SO PERFECT MAN! WHAT ARE WE WAITING FOR?

Taehyun: You sound like you just wo the first prize of the lottery…

Mino: It felt like it… *pyong!*

 Taehyun wanted to burst out laughing.  In all honesty, he was glad Mino disturbed him with his boredom wanting to be entertained by the younger guy.

“I think one of you should just man up and confess since even a blind could tell that you both have feelings for each other.” Seungyoon commented as he saw the look that Taehyun was sporting at that moment.

“Maybe you might be right? I don’t know…”

“What is stopping you?”

“The fear of rejection I guess?” Taehyun shrugged as he gave his answer.

“Well, even if you really do get rejected. You tried. No regrets or what ifs to haunt you for the rest of your life.” Seungyoon pointed out.

Seungyoon had a valid point. Maybe he should let Mino how he felt. Even if it did not turn, at least he tried.

“That is true.” Taehyun mumbled as he contemplated on what his best friend was telling him.

~~~~~~~~~~

“Where are we going for lunch?”

“It is a surprise.” Mino answered as the guy looked at him curiously as he followed.

“Chinese?”

“Nope…”

“Japanese?”

“Maybe…”

“Western?”

“Yah! It would not be a surprise if I told you. Just follow me. You will see it when we get there.” Mino laughed as he kissed Taehyun’s cheeks affectionately, making the guy turn a shade of light pink at the gesture.

They made their way to a restaurant tucked away in a quiet alley away from the bustle of the main street.

“I don’t think I been inside this alley before.” Taehyun commented as he walked beside Mino.

“It is a well-guarded secret.” Mino smirked before he pushed the door of a cozy little eatery that served pizzas.

“Mino! You have finally come to visit me. We need you here to eat the food.”

“Seunghoon hyung!” Mino laughed as he half hugged a thin looking guy that looked around their age or slightly older.

“Taehyun, meet Seunghoon hyung. He is the owner of the place.”

“Hyung, this is Taehyun.”

“Oh so this is Taehyun. I have heard a lot about you.”

“I hope you only heard about the good things.” Taehyun joked as he shook hands.

“I like him already.” Seunghoon whispered before he smiled and guided them to a little booth seat tucked away at a quiet corner of the restaurant.

They sat in a comfortable silence while waiting for the food to make its appearance. They could not help but to laugh when they saw the menu and immediately wanted to order a meat-lovers pizza. Apparently, they had the same tastes when it came to pizzas.

Mino watched with an amused expression when he saw how Taehyun had his eyes closed in satisfaction when he bit into his first slice.

“It is really good right?”

“This is like awesome! I cannot believe such a place exist in the most inconspicuous place. I am glad for it.”

“I stumbled upon it as well and since then my life have been complete.”

“I can see why. This is like the best pizza ever. Thanks for sharing with me your hideout.” Taehyun nodded as he continued eating.

They continued to devour the large pizza while talking about everything and anything in between, continuing their format from their texts earlier.

Olives are the most disgusting thing ever created which Mino disagreed.

Cokes tastes better than Pepsi which Taehyun disagreed immediately saying that Pepsi was less gassy and taste better.

The best was still Korean food which both of them wholeheartedly agreed without a shadow of a doubt.

Mino’s dream was to live somewhere in the mountain instead of the sea which Taehyun said it would be lovely to live in a mountain that was facing the sea.

“You know it is a very good thing we share rather similar thinking.”

“I agree…” Taehyun answered while keeping his focus on the food. He did, however, suspect where Mino wanted to take the conversation to.

Mino did not continue the conversation except to chew on his food while his smile like a love struck fool. After the nice meal, they decided to head over to Myeongdong since Mino needed to shop for some clothes.  Taehyun realized that they have very different taste in clothes.

“You look ridiculous.” Taehyun commented as he took in the sight of Mino in some weird color combination that did not really go quite well with each other.   

“I like things with a pop of color.”

“I could understand but I am sure popping it with 2 colours such as bright blue and orange is a bit much.”

“I like it... I might not pop it with 2 colors at a time…” Mino answered as he studied his reflection in the mirror.

“Fine, suit yourself…”

Taehyun sighed while he moved over to the other racks to look at the clothes. Mino could not help but to smile at their difference in taste when it comes to clothes. He noticed that the pieces that caught Taehyun’s eyes were all really nice with an occasional added detailing here and there but all had a somehow elegant feel to them.

In the end, Mino picked out a tee with a cute and rather ridiculous picture on the front while Taehyun picked out a black top that looked really good on the younger guy when he tried it out in the fitting room just now. Mino could not help but to stare appreciatively at the top seemed to emphasized and highlighted Taehyun’s slim figure and the paleness of his skin.

“I think I would love raiding your closet. You must have a lot of nice stuff in it.” Mino commented as they settled in a Chinese restaurant for their dinner.

“I don’t about lots of nice stuff but I just like clothes that fit well and feels comfortable. I would think your closet is full of unpredictable stuff?”  Taehyun asked as he chewed on his sweet and sour pork.

“I like random stuff but that does not mean I cannot or don’t appreciate good quality fabrics.” Mino answered as he put a fried butter prawn on Taehyun’s plate.

“Hmmm… ok… oh this is really good!” Taehyun exclaimed as he ate the food.

“I am glad you like the place.” Mino smiled as he watched the younger boy. Mino swore Taehyun had the most expressive face when it came to food. 

“Do you want to go for ice skating later?”

“Don’t you have to like… work?”

“I took the night off.” Mino answered easily.

“Why?”

“Because spending time with you is so much more fun.” Mino smiled as he watched how Taehyun began turning a light shade of pink.

“That is why we should totally go ice skating.” Mino declared before he stuffed more food into his mouth.

“I am not sure…” Taehyun sounded hesitant.

“Come one, I have never tried it before so let’s go together. It will be fun.” Mino cajoled.

Taehyun was still contemplating really hard on whether to agree or not. Mino guessed was due to the bad experience of their little roller blading outing.

“Please? Pyong!” Mino begged this time with his aegyo unleashed.

Taehyun made a face with an expression as though silently asking Mino if he was three years old.

“Pretty please? Buing!” Mino begged again being all vomit-inducing cuteness with his “V” on the sides of his face.

“Okay. Okay, stop! Yes let’s go. Oh god.” Taehyun finally relented as he covered his face with his hands as though he wanted to wipe away what he saw just a few moments ago.

“YAY!!”

“Let me warn you first that I really at it.” Taehyun mumbled with his hands still covering his face.

“Never mind, I will be y at it with you too.” Mino laughed as he reached over to pull the younger’s

~~~~~~~~~~

In the end all, they had left from the whole ice skating sessions was tiredness, sore feet and sore bums. The hour long session ended with them holding on to the side the ice rink for dear life while their feet tried their hardest to find the balance and coordination.

Of course, it also went without saying that there were a lot of skin-ship involved since there were times Mino fell on top of Taehyun or vice versa. All in all, Taehyun found it really enjoyable just spending time with Mino like normal couples do.

“You know ever since I met you, I have landed on my for far too many times to count.” Taehyun grumbled and Mino could not help but to smile as they walked side by side in a park near Taehyun’s home.

“But you still willingly joined me in them.” Mino teased.

“Almost barely…” Taehyun mumbled.

Mino’s expression suddenly turned serious and let out a heavy sigh that Taehyun had wondering what was wrong because were they not fine just a few moments ago?

“Is something bothering you?”

“I have a confession to make…” Mino suddenly spoke up as he led Taehyun to a nearby bench.

“What did you do?” Taehyun asked. He was filled with curiosity as to what Mino had to confess about.

“I lied…”

“Lied about what exactly?”

“Well, this “prize” for one.” Mino answered while making the quote expression with his hands.

“It was meant to be a joke actually.”

“Define what you mean by a joke...” Taehyun’s voice was suddenly really soft and low that Mino was afraid of the younger’s reaction.

“Well, my colleagues have been teasing me for a while now since I am like he only single guy that I should be used as a prize. I mentioned in passing on my radio show and Seungyoon bought it. When I saw you and Seungyoon, I could not help myself and pray that it was you.” Mino continued after taking a deep breath.

“Why?” Taehyun asked while his face continued to be blank betraying no emotion that might give Mino a clue as to what he was thinking.

“That day was not the first time we met. We met briefly before last year. It started to snow early last year and you passed me your jacket before you left in a hurry. From then on, I could not get you out of my head.”

Mino was starting to feel a sudden sense of panic because the younger guy in front was being entirely too quiet for Mino’s liking.

“So everything you did up to this point was a lie then?” Taehyun asked softly. He was not expecting any of this from Mino. Taehyun had actually wanted to confess that night but now he needed to digest that sudden information.

“No… That is not true. All the things I did and felt was true. I did not have to lie. It is just me, Taehyun-ah. All I have been showing you is me, Song Minho.”

Taehyun said nothing even when Mino stepped forward to give him a peck on his lips and his hands were rubbing soothingly on the Taehyun’s palm. Taehyun could not help but sighed when he saw the look in Mino’s expression.

“I am not mad. It is pretty sudden so just let me think and digest what you have just told me okay?”

Taehyun gave the older guy a deeper kiss on the lips before he gently let go of the hands to turn around to make the rest of his way home.

At that moment, Mino did not know if it was relief or sadness he felt…   

~~~~~~~~~~

Hello!! i am so sorry for the long absence! work had been a troll lately... but yay! the chapter is finished...i tried to re-write it as close to the original... i felt somehow this came out slightly better... do let me know what you think! i think my comments for my past few updates have been for a lack of a better word, pathetic lately... i do want to know what are your thoughts so that i can improve... so ya happy reading!