Day 5

Seven Days

Day 5:

The late morning sun was shining into a room where a figure slept peacefully without a care in the world. Mino opened his eyes and immediately could not wipe the silly grin off his face.  Well, it was pretty hard to especially with what transpired the night before.

Nam Taehyun...

The just the name was enough send him all smiley like a little boy. The night before was one of the best and most memorable since he got to feel Taehyun’s lips against his for the first time. He will have to admit that the younger guy’s lips were so soft he could not get enough. Once was definitely not enough for him. It was like a drug, a very good yet potent love drug.

Mino suspects it could be the alcohol that they were consuming throughout the course of last night because a tipsy and slightly high Taehyun with more than a few drinks in his system was an affectionate person. For the remainder of the night, the younger guy was always within Mino’s reach and standing really close to him and would occasionally lean against or hug him. Mino secretly loved every moment of it to death.

They kissed a lot too like as though they were a new pair of lovers who could not keep their hands off each other. It could not be helped that Taehyun tasted really good since there was a sweetness that came from the martinis they were drinking all night and another subtle sweetness that was just the younger guy himself.

Mino could not help but to smile again the more he thought about the night before. To him, it felt like a beautiful hangover from the drunkenness that was from something entirely different altogether and he does not want the haze of happiness to pass so soon. He just wanted to savor it for a little longer, holding on to the wonderful feeling and afterglow.

Picking his phone the little bedside table next to his bed, Mino dialed a number that was already ingrained into his mind. He figured Taehyun should probably awake seeing how it was already 11am when he unlocked his mobile phone.

“Hello, Mino? Is that you?” Taehyun’s sleepy voice muffled by his pillow sounded through and Mino could not help but to smile like a love struck fool. It was like the cutest sounding “hello” ever.

This was getting to crazy but a good kind of crazy. Mino thought to himself.

“Are you awake, Taehyunie?” Mino asked affectionately but he already knew the answer to the question but he just wanted to hear Taehyun answer it.

“Hmmmm… just woke up because you called.” Taehyun mumbled.

“Let’s go somewhere fun!” Mino suggested.

“Hmmm, is it roller blading again?” Taehyun sounded suspicious with Mino’s definition of “fun”.

Apparently, they do not really see eye to eye on it. Mino could not help but smile at the reaction of the cute guy at the other end of line.

“Let’s to the amusement park!”

“You want to go to an amusement park? Like as in today?” Taehyun answered, his sleepy brain barely registering the information. 

“Why is today a bad day to go?” Mino asked again.

A barely awake Taehyun was indeed interesting. He wondered how the younger guy looked like right now. Mino could not help but to picture Taehyun’s sleep tousled hair and cute droopy eyebrows. It was definitely a nice image to wake up to every morning.

“No, it just sounds very random that is all.” Taehyun mumbled sleepily.

“The past few days had been pretty random, Taehyun-ah” Mino teased.

“You have a point there. Okay, let’s go then.”

“Great! See you in an hour!” Mino then hung up the phone and excitedly when to prepare for the date number five. Suddenly, he wished they were not bound by any deadlines and just have a normal relationship.

Will Taehyun be sad that they will end in another two days?

Call it wishful thinking on his part but will Taehyun miss him like Mino sure he would?

“Song Minho, just focus on getting through it one day at a time.” Mino spoke out loud to himself before he headed for the shower.

By the time, Mino arrived at Taehyun’s house, he saw the younger guy sitting on the garden swing staring up into the sky but focusing into nothing in particular. It made him wonder what the younger guy was thinking at that moment.

“Earth to Taehyun? Can you hear me?” Mino spoke when he stood in front of the younger guy who cutely jumped in surprise.

“I did not realize you were here already.” Taehyun offered a small smile.

“You were busy watching the clouds.” Mino pointed out and could not help but let out a soft laughter.

“It helps me relax and clearing my thoughts.” Taehyun laughed comfortably together with him.

Suddenly, Taehyun was suddenly self-conscious since he remembered he pretty much was throwing himself at Mino’s feet for pretty much the whole of last night.

What if Mino thought he was too forward? 

Wait, wasn’t Mino the one who kissed him first?

The older guy seemed to know his inner struggle because Mino reached forward to take his hands before leaning down to give him a kiss on the lips. Taehyun was not much of a romantic soul but the image of them kissing in the garden on a swing had a really romantic quality to it that the younger guy could not deny.

“Hello Taehyun-ah” Mino greeted him huskily as they rested their foreheads against each other after the kiss.

“Hello Mino.” Taehyun could not help but to smile as he tried to regulate his breathing. He felt instantly more comfortable knowing that it was not wishful thinking on his part after what happened that night before.

“Come on, let’s go!”

Mino was suddenly excited at the prospect of going to the amusement. After all, it had been a while since he last stepped foot into one. He figured he was infecting Taehyun with his excitement since he willing let himself be dragged off the swing and holding hands comfortably as they made their way there.

They decided to go to Lotte World since Mino told him it was ages since he last visited the amusement park. Mino realized, much to his amusement, that Taehyun was quite a timid person because Mino had to practically keep a hold on him to prevent guy from sneaking when Mino’s back was turned or when he was not paying attention.

“Taehyun-ah, stop trying to run away.” Mino laughed as Taehyun tried to tug his hand free while they were waiting for their turn to go on the gyro swing ride.

“It is scary. i swear it is going up as high as 3 levels and it is spinning so at any one point all of us are going to be at the highest point.” Taehyun all but spewed off causing Mino laugh even more and resorted to wrapping his hands around Taehyun’s waist just to prevent him from escaping.

“Well, if it makes you feel any better I am going to be screaming my off beside you.”

 “No that statement had no effect on me whatsoever so I am not feeling any better.” Taehyun deadpanned.

The younger guy could not help but to pout cutely at the fact that he was destined to take the ride with Mino which only made the older smile before leaning to peck him lightly on the lips.

“Yah! There are a lot of people around.” Taehyun whacked him lightly on the arm.

“Seriously, no one is going to care or pay attention to what we are doing.” He told the suddenly embarrassed and blushing Taehyun.

“Still…”

In the end, Mino was amused because all Taehyun did when on the ride was closed his eyes, grabbing tightly to the handle and all the while going “wo-oh”. Mino could not help but laugh out loud at the sight of the younger guy instead of being afraid of the height.

“Taehyun-ah, you were so funny up there. It is like my most enjoyable ride like ever.” Mino commented as they got off the platform, wiping eyes since he laughed until he teared.

“I cannot believe I just became your joke of the day.” Taehyun huffed as the older kept teasing. He could not believe Mino was laughing at his own expense. It was a really scary ride!

“Because you were so funny, I am going to get you a present.” Mino announced as he held the younger guy’s hand and headed for the souvenir shop.

In the end, Mino got the younger guy a pair of black cat ear shaped headband, much to Taehyun’s irritation. Taehyun only frowned when he saw what Mino selected.

“Yah, I am not a cat. Definitely not your cat either” Taehyun grumbled but he was standing still so that Mino could put in on his head.

“You really look like one. Now with this headband you really look like an adorable cat.” Mino stood back to admire his handiwork.

Taehyun could not help himself but to made his way over to the nearest mirror to look at his reflection. Though he did agree with Mino that the headband did made him look cute but he will rather die that to admit it out loud.

“I cannot believe I am going to humor and indulge you on this.” Taehyun grumbled as he continued to look at his reflection and was adjusting his hair.

“I need to take a picture of this.” Mino said he took out his mobile phone from his pocket, wanting to capture the moment. A keepsake, his heart reminded him sentimentally.

“Wait, before that you need to wear this.” Taehyun handed him a headband with ears that were of a bear shape.

“So I am a bear now?” Mino asked incredulously.

“Yes a bear. Because you look like a brown bear with your tanned skin.”

My own little bear. Taehyun added mentally in his head.

“What?” Mino commented letting the younger guy have his own way with teasing him.

“Now we are ready for a photo.” Taehyun declared trying not to concentrate on the fact that Mino looked really cute as a bear.

In the end, they decided the buy the headbands after all it will be a little token that will serve as a reminder that they once spent seven days as a couple. They continued on to spend time enjoying the remainder of the attractions that amusement park had to offer. They left shortly after watching the closing parade show and deciding to head to a restaurant for Korean barbeque. Conversations flowed easily as they dined over food, beer and soju. They were being really affectionate with each other like feeding each other lettuce wraps all throughout the night.

Taehyun knew that deep down inside he was so going to miss Mino’s company once the week was over. It was like he could not imagine how he spent his time without the guy walking beside him to his house right at that moment. He was learning how to enjoy life instead if just being cooped up in his own little cocoon of comfort through the older guy’s randomness.

On the other hand, Mino was thinking how much he would miss Taehyun’s company. The younger guy was like the rational and sensible side that would hold him in check. What started out as attempt to get Mino a boyfriend by his colleagues turned out to have the unexpected arrival of Nam Taehyun.

“!...”  Mino and Taehyun both began talking at the same time causing them to burst out in laughter.

“You first.” Mino gestured for the younger guy to speak first.

“I wanted to thank you for another nice day spent together.”

“It was my pleasure. I had a lovely time spent as well. I have been wanting to go to an amusement park for the longest time.” Mino smiled while looking at the younger guy wondering why is he so cute.

“So I guess I will see you tomorrow then.”

Before Taehyun could even finished his words, Mino stepped in to gently hold on to Taehyun’s nape and kissed him on the lips. The younger guy opened his lips naturally under Mino’s to welcome the feel of the older guy’s tongue. The kiss seemed to have lasted for a long time or it felt as though it was. Taehyun could not care less. If he could, he wished that it never had to end

“Good night Taehyunie. See you tomorrow.” Mino said once they broke apart from the lovely kiss, resting his forehead tenderly on the younger guy’s and just savoring the feel of having Taehyun in his arms.

“Good night, Mino. Yes, I will see you tomorrow.” Taehyun answered before he regretfully let go to go in to his house.

“Can I keep you forever, Taehyun-ah?” Mino muttered when he saw the front door close with the soft click.

~~~~~~~~~~

Hihi, this is day 5... as usual i hope that you will enjoy this chapter as wel... Let me know your thoughts! no silent readers please...