Chapter 7

My Turn to Cry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 7

Bomi’s pov

“You’ll be fine, Bomi.. don’t worry..”

I hate that words. I hate to hear those lies. Everyone said like that to me years a go, but look at me, I’m not fine! I can’t see anything, I’m blind! And now, when there’s a cancer in my lungs, you told me I’ll be fine??

I was running away from mom, dad, and the doctor. I wanted to run away from this misery. I wanted to run away from this mean world.

But then I bumped at someone. He caught my arms as I nearly fell. I knew that he’s a guy from his firm hands. But I couldn’t see his face.

“Yoon Bomiii...”

I heard my mom’s voice calling my name. She got closer to us, and tried to take me with her, but I refused. “Let me go!” I screamed.

“Yoon Bomi, please.. Let’s talk, uhm?” My mom pursued me, but I still refused, I used all of my energy to escape from her. But I was so fragile until that guy should hold my arms tighter to prevent me from falling.

My mom didn’t give up to take me, so I screamed again, “MOM, I DON’T WANT TO GO BACK! JUST LET ME DIE, MOM.. just let me die...” I broke down and kneeled.

“Bomi don’t say that, please...” My mom said it while kneeling next to me, but my anger still took over me, I mad to the doctor, mom, God, and even myself. I didn’t know how but slowly I got closer to that guy and even leaned my head on his shoulder. His fingers was caressing my hair and I felt so comfortable. I even could pour all of my emotion and crying freely inside his hug. And slowly I got calmer. I wiped my tears and looked up to him. I really wanted to see that guy, the guy who I can be comfortable with. Something that rarely happened.

I slowly asked, “W-who are you?”

“Oh.. M-Me?” He was surprised by my question. “I’m.. I’m Jongdae.. Kim Jongdae..”

“Jongdae..” I whispered his name as I tried to draw him in my head.

“I’m sorry, Kim Jongdae ssi.. But we need to go right now..” My mom said to him as she helped me to get up. “Thanks for helping me to calm her..”

I didn’t know why but I still wanted to be with him, but my mom slowly took me away from him.

 

-00-

 

After that, I kept thinking about him. The way his hands caught my arms, the way his fingers caressing my hair, his warm body, every details that I spent with him that time. I missed that. Somehow I hoped that I can meet him again.

And this time, God granted my wish.

“Bomiya.. Look, you have a guest..” Mom said to me as she opened the door wider and let the guest to get inside.

Guest? I wondered who was coming.

“Hi...” I coud hear his voice as he came closer. The voice that I still remembered clearly when he said his name, Jongdae..

I couldn’t deny that I felt excited when I know he came to visit me, but then I realized, that meant he would know about my condition. I’m an ugly blind sick soon-to be-die girl, he must be pity me, and I hate that.

“Why’d you here?” That was all I could say.

“Hush, Bomi.. don’t say that.. He was helping you yesterday..” My mom tried to calm me.

 “You shouldn’t do that..” I muttered.

“That’s why I’m here...” He responded fast. “I want to apologize of my rude behavior.. I shouldn’t make you to... ehem.. l-lean on m-me..”

Babo.

“Not that...” I responded fast. “You shouldn’t stop me.. to die..”

“Yoon Bomi....” Mom sighed as she heard me said that words again.

“Well, would you tell me why you want to die?” I couldn’t believe he  challenged me with that question.

But I won’t give in easily, so I asked,  “Why do I have to tell you?”

“Because I’m curious..”

“Do you curious of what happened with a girl like me? Are you pity me?”

“I’m not pity you.. but.. I don’t know why.. I start to.. care..”

His words surprised me. “Care?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter