Chapter 2

My Turn to Cry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2

 

After that day, I went visiting her every day in hospital for a week. Even though every day I had to face her rude behavior to me but I accepted it, moreover I enjoyed it, I felt energized. Dad and Mom knew that I gave attention to Bomi, until Dad once visited her in her room and introduced himself as my dad, telling her that she should accept me as her friend because I’m a lonely boy, blablabla. Dad definitely likes to make fun of his son, tsk tsk, haha.

Bomi’s mom was really surprised because of Dad’s visit. I laughed so loud when Bomi’s mom told me the story when my dad came to see her. She said that Bomi nodding every words my father said.

But even though with my father’s help, Bomi still couldn’t accept me as her friend. She always said to me that being friend with her is wasting my time and she said that I didn’t understand her. But I didn’t give up, I even went to her house after she had been released from the hospital.

“Look, who’s coming Bomiyaaa..” Her mom happily informed her daughter as I stood in front of her house.

She told me to get inside, and there I met her dad. He has a big figure and a bit scary, but he actually was really kind. I sat on the sofa and had talk with her dad a while, until I saw the girl I’ve been looking for.

She looked beautiful with that casual white dress, even though only with hospital’s shirt she was already beautiful, but this time, she was more beautiful.

But she greeted me with, “You even come here???”

I grinned.

“Why do you come here?” She asked again.

“Like what I’ve told you, that I will come and come and come again..”

She walked slowly to get closer to me.

“Don’t you think that what are you doing is out of boundaries? If you only want to make fun of me, this is too much, Kim Jongdae ssi.. Don’t you know that what are you doing is hurting me?”

“Bomiya.. He only wants to..”

“Mom, stop defending him! I know you want me to make a friend.. But no.. it will only hurting me and him, mom.. I will die soon.. So why do I have to make a friend just for leaving him behind?” I didn’t imagine that she would shed a tears.

That was the time I thought that I was so selfish. I thought that everything that I have done was for her, but turned out it was all for my own greed.

So I reached her hands and said, “Yoon Bomi.. I am, Kim Jongdae, never has intention to make fun of you.. I sincerely want to be your friend.. But if my existence hurting you, then I will leave.. and never bother you anymore..” I paused as I looked at her eyes deeply, even though I knew she couldn’t look at me back, I said, “I’m sorry...”

Then I lose her hands and bowed to her parents and left.

 

-00-

 

Even though I said that I would leave her, but in fact I couldn’t stop thinking about her. She was already become a part of my life in this short time. I pray for her every night for her recovery. And I kept visiting her house to see her sitting on the chair in the back yard of her house every twilight. She loved to see sunset, even though it didn’t mean she could see, but she liked to enjoy the turning from noon to night. Her parents knew that I still coming to their house silently, but I asked them to keep it secret from Bomi. I didn’t want to burden her and make her sad again. So yeah, I looked at her silently.

But this time, that secret revealed.

As usual I stood in the outside of their back yard and saw her sitting there silently. She was always drowning herself with sadness, and I could see it from her eyes. I really wanted to go there and made her lean on my shoulder again, but I couldn’t. I knew I shouldn’t cross this fence, I mean this boundary. But then, there was suddenly a ball hit my head so hard. And I screamed, “Ouch!”

I turned my head and saw few kids were running to me.

“We are sorry, hyung...” They bowed and took that ball.

“Hyung?” I laughed. How could they act so close with me? I smiled as I said, “Yeah, play in the field, okay dongsaeng?” I ruffled one of those kids’ hairs.

They bowed to me and ran again to the street.

When I turned again to continue my ‘activity’, I was surprised to look at Bomi was already standing in front of me. “Omo!” I tried to bow and hide behind the fence.

But then I heard Bomi laughing. “Don’t hide.. I know that it’s you, Kim Jongdae ssi..”

I braved myself to stand back again, then I saw her smile. She smiled so beautiful and I was mesmerized by that.

Because I didn’t say anything, she asked, “Kim Jongdae ssi?”

“Oh.. yeah..” I finally responded her while scratching my nape.

She smiled again, the smile th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter