Chapter 1

My Turn to Cry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chen pov

 

Chapter 1

 

Spring was the season I loved the most. In spring, you could feel the warmth of the sun, the cold fresh breeze, and see the blooming of beautiful flowers. I love spring not only because of those relaxing moments I loved spring, but it was also because spring always reminding me about her, my spring, Yoon Bomi.

 

-00-

 

Today was the exact same day when I first met her, here in the hospital park where my father’s worked. I just closed my eyes and enjoyed the sensation of this early spring when suddenly there was a girl bumping at me. I turned and caught her arms as she nearly fell. She was so fragile. And when I looked up, I saw she was crying, her face was full of tears.

“Yoon Bomiii...”

There was a woman calling this girl. Oh, her name is Yoon Bomi.

She got closer to us, and tried to take this girl with her, but she refused. “Let me go!” She screamed.

“Yoon Bomi, please.. Let’s talk, uhm?” That woman pursued her, but this girl still refused, she used all of her energy to shove that woman. But she was so fragile until I should hold her arms tighter to prevent her from falling.

Seemed that woman realized my existence, she said to me, “Sorry if we disturb you, and thanks.. Let me take Bomi back..”

I nodded as an agreeing but this girl screamed again, “MOM, I DON’T WANT TO GO BACK! JUST LET ME DIE, MOM.. just let me die...” She broke down and kneeled, that made me sat on the ground as I still held her both arms.

“Bomi don’t say that, please...” Her mom burst in tears while kneeling in front of me. I didn’t know why I suddenly got involved in this situation but it was really sad. What happened with you, little girl? I asked in my heart as I saw her crying. As my sympathy taken control of me, slowly I got closer to her and made her to lean on my shoulder. She didn’t refused and crying on my shoulder. Her body was shaking as she sobbing so hard. Somehow I could feel her sadness, like I had been through what she had been through. We were staying like that until she got calmer.

And when she got calmer, she wiped her tears and looked up to me. Then, I was hypnotized by her beautiful face. I just realized that she was really beautiful. Even though still glassy, but her brown eyes were really pretty, I couldn’t take my eyes off of her eyes.

But even though I saw her closely, she didn’t catch my eyes. She slowly asked, “W-who are you?”

“Oh.. M-Me?” I was surprised by her question. I cleared my throat before answered, “I’m.. I’m Jongdae.. Kim Jongdae..”

“Jongdae..” She whispered my name.

“I’m sorry, Kim Jongdae ssi.. But we need to go right now..” Her mom said to me as she helped Bomi to get up. “Thanks for helping me to calm her..”

I nodded to her, but then looked at Bomi who was still looking at me, but felt like not looking at me.

They were slowly walking away as I saw their back. I touched my chest as I felt my heart beating so fast. What happened with me?

 

-00-

 

After that, I kept thinking about her. Her tears, her voice, her eyes. I couldn’t sleep at night because I still remember the way she leaned on my shoulder, like she was giving all of her problems here on my shoulder and we became one. Like the time had stopped and there were only me and her. Is she my first love? I asked myself. I never felt the way like this before. I found out myself touching my shoulder as I imagine she was still leaning on me.

I decided to come again to the hospital to look for that girl. All I knew was her name, Yoon Bomi. I didn’t know the reason why she came to the hospital though, but I guess she had serious problem, to the point she wanted to die. I asked the receptionist in the main entrance about her, and they said that she was hospitalized in the Cancer Center. They told me the number of her room and I went there. My heart pounding hard as I walked through the corridor to reach her room. Then, I found her room and knocked the door.

Her mom opened the door and surprised by my sudden visit. “Oh! Kim….?”

“Jongdaee..” I ansered and bowed to her.

“Is that something that brings you here, Kim Jongdae ssi?” She asked.

“Ah.. no.. I just wanna see her if you allow me..” I said that as I gave her my best smile.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter