Dream Come True

The Book of Fates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Around 10pm last night, Sehun texted me saying how we should go on a date and I immediately accepted. When will I ever get a chance like this? Okay, maybe I will be getting more than one chance since I’m dating him but come on, this is like a miracle to me. After all those years, I’m finally able to not only talk to him but go on a date with him too! I’m the happiest girl right now.

          I got ready 2 hours prior to meeting him just so I can look my best. I don’t wear makeup so I was devastated when I realized I didn’t have any to use for today so at around 11:30 last night, I rummaged through my wallet and rushed to Myeongdong to buy some even though I don’t have the slightest clue about them. I had to ask an employee about what I should get and got her to do my makeup for me. I must’ve looked like a complete fool because girls my age usually know what mascara, lipstick, and foundation are but I don’t even know what to do with them as soon as I came face to face with these products. I had a moment of doubt as I was shopping. I wondered if I’d really look nice for the date or look like a clown.

          I wore a short sleeved pastel blue dress and jumped towards me dresser as I put on my socks. I still have to curl my hair. I pulled out my right drawer to take out the cushion foundation because the lady said it’s the most convenient to use for students and dabbed it all over my face. So far, so good. I’m not too sure about eyeshadows so the lady said I should just use a muted down brown colour to spread all over my eyelids just to give it some colour. Next is eyeliner. My most dreaded part. Okay, I practiced a bit last night. I should be able to do this, maybe not but I’m seriously hoping. I drew the line across my eyelids and created a puppy dog eye look, which is what the lady at the store did for my makeup. It was almost a miracle. I actually did it, on both eyelids too! Everything is going so well for me these days. Thank you so much notebook sender! I put on some blush and lipstick and looked at the mirror. I don’t look that different but at the same time, I do. It’s like my features are much more refined and accentuated. I do find it a hassle, I’m not sure if I’d wear it every day to school though. Sumin and those girls must be pros at this. Dang!

           I pulled out my hair curler from under the table. My mom bought for me last Christmas. I never got around to using it but I guess today will finally be the day. I plugged it into the nearest socket. I waited for about 5 minutes until it became really hot. I wrapped my hair around it and waited about 10 seconds and my hair came out looking like what they call “beachy wave curls”. It looks so nice in my opinion. It took me quite some time to get everything curled, good thing I woke up early. I sprayed hairspray right after.

          I looked up at the clock and realized I have about 30 minutes left. Okay, that’s still quite some time. I got my phone from my bedside table, turned the screen on and went on my kakao. I typed ‘Where are we going to meet?’ and sent it to Sehun because we never actually discussed it. After about 30 seconds, he replied saying he’d just pick me up at my house and that I should text him my address. I did then turned off my phone screen. I plopped down on the bed and clutched onto my phone as I squealed like a 12 year old girl who made eye contact with her crush. I immediately stood up as soon as I realized that my hair might get ruined. I didn’t really know what to do so I went downstairs and the TV. As I was in the middle of watching a cartoon show, my mom came down the stairs as she yawned. We both wake up pretty late during the weekends.

          “You’re up early.” She smiled at me.

          “Do you want anything to eat?” She walked towards the kitchen as she took out a mug. She truly loves her morning coffee, well afternoon coffee now I guess?

          “No, I’m fine.” I watched her movements with a smile.

          “Are you going anywhere looking all nice like that?” My mom looked up from what she was doing to smile cheekily at me.

          “Just going to be hanging out with a friend.”

          “Really?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter