Date Me Under 5 Stars

Date Me Under The Stars

"Alright, I'll give it a shot," you nod, setting aside your torch. "But don't blame me if I drag you guys down..." you mutter more to yourself.

Jackson looks like the happiest chap on the planet; Mark smiles and Jaebum whirls around. 

"BamBam, put your shirt back on! We got a girl playing." Jaebum says.

"A girl?" one of them draws a sceptic look. Hey, that's uncalled for! 

"Got a problem with that?"

"No no," he shrinks back a little from his intimidation. "Let her play then." 

"It's your funeral." Jinyoung says. "We'll go for 20 minutes each half."

Fortunately you don't have to change since you're already wearing comfortable clothes and sneakers. When the four of you gather in a circle, Jaebum starts drawing a plan to win them in match. He makes certain observations like how this 'Yugyeom' tends to dribble the ball onto the left side, and how Jinyoung lacks a certain close control of the ball. Then he turns to you,  in his teeth. "Alright, just try to intercept the ball whenever you can."

"Okay," you nod firmly.

"Don't be scared of the ball, okay?" Mark says. 

"Okay."

"Yeah, the guys will more likely be taken off guard if you show your courage."

"Remember, it's just a friendly soccer game," Jackson says, looking particularly at Jaebum. 

"Yeah yeah yeah."

"We can do this!" you pump your fist in the air. The three boys around you stall, but Jackson beams; Mark smiles again and this time, Jaebum gives a little smirk(?).

"Yeah, we can do this!" Jackson echoes.

"Got the timer ready?" Jaebum hollers to BamBam.

"Yeah. 20 minutes!"

 

To be continued...