Is It Justifiable?

Sincere

Junhee peeked open her eyes, rubbed it slowly as her mind processing the atmosphere around her. The light was streaming in through the windows, and she realized she wasn’t at home.

She turned to side, groaned. Her eyes were still blurred but she could see someone’s figure beside her.

“Who are you...” she said with her husky voice.

“Oh, you were awake.” Taehyung grinned.

Junhee’s eyes widened as she got her consciousness. “Why you were here?!” she pointed out.

“That’s my question.” He crossed his arms and frowned, “Why you were here?”

“I didn’t remember. But I think I dozed off...” she murmured.

“So you were here since last night?”

“I think... yes?”

“Thank God the security didn’t lock this meeting hall.” Taehyung checked his wristwatch and turned to her. “It’s 9AM. You must go home. Need a ride?” She shook her head, “I’ll take the bus.”

“Go home then.”

“Are you kick me out right now?”

Taehyung chuckled, “No no no. I’m here for attending a meeting but I found you sleeping. My meeting will be held about ten minutes again, so... you must go home quickly.”

“You such a punster.”

“Go home you silly girl!”

“I know I know! I’m leaving!”

 

***

 

She arrived at home, greeted by her ten-years-bestfriend. She just opened the door and didn’t even unhooking her shoes yet, but the Miss Naggy had rushed to her and bombed her with so many questions.

“Yah! Nam Junhee! What time is it?!”

“How can you didn’t call me if you going to sleep over somewhere?”

“Where the hell were you last night?”

“With whom you were?”

Junhee rolled her eyes at the questions. She was interrogated by her –exactly. “It was 9AM. I’m dozed off so I can’t tell you. I’m in the meeting hall. And I was alone. Are you satisfied?”

“Wait- you were alone?” the Miss Naggy gaped. “Where is Hoseok sunbae then?”

She shrugged, “I don’t know. I waited for him last night, but then I fell asleep and when I woke up he wasn’t there.”

“He wasn’t home too last night,” she added.

“Maybe he has something to do. He got a call before leave me.” Junhee said. A few moments later, her phone buzzed. She furrowed her eyebrows when she read the caller’s name. “Yah, he is calling.”

“Hello, sunbae?”

Where are you?

“I’m at home now, with Ahyoung. What’s the matter?”

Did you go home alone?”

Junhee furrowed her eyebrows. His voice showed that he was panting. “Yes I... did?” she answered unsurely.

She heard he sighed. “That’s a relief then.”

“You leave me in the meeting hall.” She didn’t want to mention it, but slipped it out.

What?

He sounds surprised, and it make her confused. “Yeah, you leave me alone last night. Remember?”

He sounds doubled surprised this time. “Actually I-“ he paused. “J-just forget it. I’m sorry, Junhee.

“It’s okay. I’ll hang up sunbae, bye.”

“...bye.

After he ended the call, Junhee turned to Ahyoung, “Seems like he didn’t know that I slept in the meeting hall.”

“Are you angry?” Ahyoung asked straightforward, and she got reply almost immediately. “No, but it would be better if he told me first, right?“

“Maybe he was in a rush.” Ahyoung assumed. “But still, next time, make sure you didn’t fall asleep alone, that’s dangerous you know.”

She rolled her eyes, “Yes, Ma’am.”

“Go change your clothes. It’s been a long time since we hangout together, right?”

Turning her body, Junhee’s eyes brightened by hearing the plan. “Are we going to hangout?”

Ahyoung nodded excitedly, “Yup!”

 

***

 

So, a hour ago a guy walked out the meeting hall, headed to boys’ toilet. There was still less people in Gwanak University when he passed by. Ofcourse; it was Thursday and most students would take afternoon classes.

He washed his face and casted a glance at his reflection on the mirror, and noticing how tired he was. He slept in the meeting hall and his position was uncomfortable. Now his back was hurt and his eyes demanding to be closed again.

He walked out the toilet, and was going to find breakfast for himself and her. Just fortunately the cafetaria had opened already. He ordered two hot chocolates and two breads then back to meeting hall.

It takes total 20 minutes for him to do those things, and he didn’t know that those 20 minutes were worth to her to leave the meeting hall.

The meeting hall has no sign of her. Her bag, her jacket, they are all gone. It replaced with Art Department Students.

Maybe she went to bathroom.

And he wait.

When it comes about 15 minutes later, he didn’t sure she was around. She didn’t come back. So he decided to call her, but heck, she didn’t pick up.

The worry boy decided to go to find her. He searched almost all buildings but she didn’t show up yet. He ran from 1st floor until 5th floor, he moved from this buildings to another buildings, but it still the same.

His right hand kept trying to call her. He increased the volume and the speaker while his eyes still looking around just in case he would see her.

And on the 10th calls, she picked it up.

Hello, sunbae?

He didn’t know what to say. Is he going to angry or worry at the sametime? Though he mentally relieved when he heard her voice, “Where are you?”

I’m at home now, with Ahyoung. What’s the matter?

Oh, that’s good then. “Did you go home alone?” He asked, while he was controlling his breath.

Yes I... did?

He sighed. “That’s a relief then.

You leave me in the meeting hall.”

Her sudden words made him shocked, “What?

Yeah, you leave me alone last night. Remember?

Definitely no. He wanted to say that. “Actually I-“ he paused. It will sounds weird if he says he slept beside her last night. Hoseok massaged his forehead in frustation and let out his final sentence, “J-just forget it. I’m sorry, Junhee.”

It’s okay. I’ll hang up sunbae, bye.

“...bye.”

Ended the call, he stared blankly at his phone.

At least she was safe, it was more than enough, right?

 

***

 

The two bestfriends spent their day with window shopping at some malls. They tried some foods and games too. Forgetting about school life and their problems, they put a wide smile on their faces, laughing and act like they were the happiest.

After tired wandering around, they went to a coffee shop. It’s been a long time since they spent their time together. School life was pretty busy and too many tasks to do, until their conversations just about task, task and task. Too busy until they can’t have some intimacy talks between girls.

“So... tell me about Taehyung.” Junhee propped up her chin by her hands, demanding an explanation.

“Tell you about what?”

Junhee rolled her eyes, “Don’t act like you didn’t get what I mean, okay?”

“Nothing special, really.”

“Really?”

“Yeah. We just chatted. That’s all.”

“Yah.”

“What?”

“Tell me.”

“I won’t.”

“Han Ahyoung!”

“Okay okay,” Ahyoung giggled. She tapped her fingers on the table and cleared , “So... he shows his care. It was same like when we were together.”

“What do you think about that?”

“I didn’t know how to response since it seems awkward,” she went on, “because we weren’t in relationship.”

“He still loves you,” Junhee pointed out.

“I knew that too, but I need some time to think about it. I’m trying to be kind, if not I won’t accept his offers and reject his calls, right? But about my feelings... I doubt it.”

Junhee squeezed her bestfriend’s hand with a warm smile, “I knew. Just don’t push him too hard. Don’t push him to the point where he no longer care. You will regret it.”

“I will try.”

“You know, I more amazed with boys who had broken up with their girlfriends but still secretly watch for them from afar, than they who mouthing bad things about their ex-girlfriends.” Junhee smiled sincerely to her, “You were lucky, Ahyoung.”

The waitress approached them, asking for orders. “Caramel macchiato and hot tea, please.” Junhee said. The waitress wrote it on her paper and bowed politely. She was going to leave, but then she turned around and said, “Excuse me, miss. Since today was the first performance of our accoustic group, we would like to ask you if you have some requests.”

“This coffee shop has an accoustic group? Whoa, great.” Ahyoung gaped. “Last month we came here for reunion event, but I didn’t remember there was an accoustic group.”

“Actually our accoustic group had been formed since last year, but the vocalist decided to leave the group two months ago. Fortunately, we got a new one today.” The waitress explained. “So, do you want to request, maybe?”

“Junhee, ask your favourite song!” Ahyoung nudged her bestfriend. She replied sarcastically, “I don’t have one.” Ahyoung smirked, “Ah, I think I know. Can you ask them to sing Juniel and Yonghwa’s Fool please?”

“Okay, I’ll ask them.” The waitress smiled and left.

“Why it must be Fool?!”

Your favourite song.” Ahyoung pointed out. Before Junhee could reply, she continued. “Just be quiet. It will start soon.”

It annoyed her more when the lights dimmed. She didn’t want to hear that song –it reminds her on those past days with her annoying classmate; Jeon Jungkook.

‘I’m a fool, I’m a fool who only sees you, I love you

No matter what anyone says or teases, I will be a fool who only sees you

I’m a fool, I’m a fool who only sees you, hold my hand

Hug me, I’m a fool who only loves you

“Sssh. I knew you’re stupid so don’t sing it out loud like that. I knew already, really.”

The familiar voice made her looked up to see Jungkook was frowning at her. “What?” she asked in sarcasm tone.

“I said, I knew you’re stupid so don’t-“

She rolled her eyes and shifted her gaze, raising the volume so she won’t hear his twaddle anymore.

The next two months she kept playing Fool song, since she likes Juniel very much. And yeah, Jeon Jungkook kept protesting about it, he said he was disturbed which was made Junhee almost burst into laughter. Hello, since when Jeon Jungkook wanted to study properly in class?

“Can you stop singing, Miss?” he protested again that morning.

“It’s not like you will do your homework if I stop singing.”

“Yes, that’s right. It’s not like I will do my homework. So, give me your homework.”

“You!” Junhee turned around and smacked the boy with her book, but he caught it. “Ouch, thank you,” he smirked.

Junhee pretended to mad and turned around, but her lips curved into a small satisfied smile.

“Good night everyone!”

Junhee could tell someone was talking right now but she had much interests on her cup of caramel macchiato.

“Maybe some of you had known about us before. But yeah, for some reasons we hiatus for two months, and tonight we back with a new member. So, tonight we will introduce our new vocalist, and beside me is him. So, Jungkook, introduce yourself.”

Until the three last words, she looked up in bewilderment. Did she just hear ‘Jungkook’?

And her estimation was right.

Jungkook sat beside a guy who speaks earlier. She could tell he was nervous right now, since he refused to look around and chose to look at his intertwined hands instead.

He looks more mature in his gradation shirt. He rolled up his sleeves and his bangs fell over his forehead, it was quite breathtaking –at least for her.

Jungkook was grabbing his microphone, signalling they were about to start. And then her eyes met Jungkook’s unreadable gaze. Or she could interpretate it as ‘what-are-you-doing-here’ gaze.

They stared each other for awhile.

As usual, Junhee was the one who broke their gaze.

“Hey, this is the first time I watch him singing.” Ahyoung’s voice made her turned her attention, “S- same with me.”

“The one who must be nervous were the boys over there,” Ahyoung pointed the accoustic group and then pointed her relentlessly, “Not you.”

She diverted her gaze back to front, ignoring her friend’s allusion. She noticed a guy with blonde hair beside Jungkook. She had seen him before.

Oh right. In Journalistic Club.

The guy with brown hair –plus a little bit wide shoulder– plucking the strings of his guitar. It plays a familiar instrument.

The next was the other two –the guy who speaks in opening and the blonde one– followed along.

 

‘At same point when your grew apart for me...’

 

Both Junhee and Ahyoung were speechless as Jungkook started singing. It was beautiful and... sweet.

 

‘The stars probably shined and I was a little sad

I can’t breath no more with you

Though I loved you... Faith

That was a one-time thing

We were in love... We were in love

I remembered our past beautiful times together

We were in love... We were in love’

 

She ended up staring at him blankly and immersed herself in his voice. She didn’t know that his voice was so beautiful...

 

‘Because of the lingering love that I am yearning for and can’t shake off every night

Tears are flowing down my face out of my control

But, I don’t even want to leave this pain

Don’t leave me, please be back to me, Baby

Still with you, I’m with you

You are still in my heart

We were in love... love... love..’

 

His expressions... she can’t tell. Did he sing with his whole heart? The way his lips moving, and the way he expressed the lyrics... she really can’t tell.

 

‘You are still in my heart, please

We were in love...

With the memories of you, on sleepless night

You should be happy’

 

The audience clapped as the song ended. “Whoa, his voice was amazing.” Ahyoung shook her head, totally amazed with his singing skill. Junhee nodded at Ahyoung’s statement and she was totally agree with her.

The blonde guy grabbed the mic and announced, “Now we are going to perform a requested song from audience. So, let our new vocalist to choose.”

He handed him some folded papers and Jungkook began choosing. “I chose this one,” he showed a paper to audience and then open it. “So the next song is... Waiting, original song by Younha.”

The audience clapped once again, anticipating the next performance.

“Hey, it wasn’t your song. But Waiting was good too.” Ahyoung spoke. Junhee shrugged, “I didn’t know that song.”

The blonde guy started plucking the strings of his guitar. Jungkook took a deep breath and closed his eyes, tried to get the song’s feeling. He started to sing with his soft and deep voice,

 

‘How is it that I've fallen in love with you

How can it hurt this much

Never before have I ever wanted someone this much

If I say I miss you about a thousand times, will it reach you?

If I try crying and fussing, will you know my feelings?’

 

Her heart sank. The lyrics...

That was about what she feels since four years ago.

 

‘Although this love has already grown so much

Since you are not me, you probably don't feel the same

Yes, I was the one who liked you more (than you liked me)

Even if my feelings are hurt 9 times, I prefer smiling even just once

Since I'm happy by your side

I've never comfortably scowled in dislike even once

It was as if I could do anything you asked

Even if it's like a 1000 year long wait, I still prefer seeing you

One day, for one month, like that, one year

Though knowing you won't come, I keep turning around

Waiting, waiting, I fall asleep’

 

Ahyoung grabbed her bestfriend’s hand, squeezing it with caring smile. She wanted to tell her that she was there, through her eyes.

It was like she was the one who wanted to tell him through the lyrics. Not him.

She wondered what he thought when he sang this song. Did he even know that this song defined her so much?

 

‘I'm saving it for you and can't give it to anyone else

For me, it's only you, if not you

I'm more comfortable alone, so like yesterday, here,

The one waiting and waiting is me’

 

They got louder claps and everybody cheered. The new vocalist was totally amazing and all people were satisfied with their performance.

Namjoon, Suga, and Jin changing glances each other and then smiled meaningfully to the youngest.

“You’ve worked hard,” Jin patted his shoulder.

Namjoon showed him thumbs up and winked, “Your voice was beautiful.”

“So... we matched well, right?” Suga grinned. “Good job, guys.”

Jungkook rubbed his neck shyly and shows his clumsy smile, “I don’t really think I sang well.”

“It was good for beginner. Morever, the audience seems like it a lot. We can practice to improve our skills, though.” After his last words, Jin stood up and asked the others to back to their room since today’s performance was over.

Jungkook stood up, but his eyes looked around. It was when she looked at him, and so did him.

She looked at him with unreadable gaze.

Dissapointed? Hurt?

He gulped.

He couldn’t tell.

And then he walked away.

 

***

 

Junhee wasn’t sure if what she was doing now called ‘waiting’. She just stood there, facing the night sky and enjoying the breeze air on the balcon. Sometimes she glanced at the road in front of the house, just in case she will catch sight of him.

Leaning on the fence, she closed her eyes and her mind processing what she just saw and heard a hour ago.

His beautiful voice and his expressions.

It was playing like a music video in her mind.

Then she heard a footsteps. She opened her eyes and whirled around with full of expectations.

A sight of guy came from the first floor. He looks so tired and he had been surly since he took his first step on the second floor.

“Sunbae?” she called him. He lifted up his head and apparently frowned, “Junhee? I thought you weren’t home.”

“Just arrived,” she smiled.

“Ah, about last night...” he murmured. “I’m really sorry.”

She knew he said it sincerely, and she can’t be mad any longer seeing how tired he was. “It’s okay, sunbae. I didn’t think about it anymore, though.”

“Thanks, then.” Lastly, he smiled at her and waved, “Good night.”

“Wait, sunbae!” she called. Hoseok stopped with questionfull expressions, and she continued. “You look so tired. Take a rest and don’t forget to drink a glass of water before sleep.”

He nodded with another tired smile, “Sure.”

 

***

 

Two hours passed and there was no sign of Jungkook. It was 10PM already, no wonder if she groaned several times. It was getting cold too.

She wanted to ask Ahyoung to accompany her, but she must be tired after hangout with her the whole day.

Junhee crouched down and buried her head over her propped knees. She wrapped her hands around her knees, hoping it will minimize the coldness.

She groaned again.

She tried to keep her eyes open, but they demanded to be closed and it feels so heavy.

“Where the hell are you, Jeon Jungkook?!” she grumbled with closed eyes. The next minute, the girl couldn’t hold any longer her sleepiness.

Without her knowing, she dozed off, and her sould had gone to dreamland.

 

***

 

“Junhee, wake up.”

Mrs.Han shook her body a bit stronger this time, “Nam Junhee, wake up.”

Junhee groaned. She peeked open her eyes slowly, processing the atmosphere around her. When she was able to see the woman in front of her, she frowned, “Mrs.Han?”

“Why you slept here? Go back to your room. You will get a cold,” Mrs.Han helping her to stand up. “Don’t be like this again, okay?”

“Sorry auntie, I won’t do that again.” with half-consciousness, she bowed.

“I will back to my room, Junhee. Good night,” she her hair and then left.

Junhee massaged her neck and winced. It feels hurt, since she slept in wrong position for almost one hour.

While standing, she closed her eyes again. She just too lazy to walk.

The breeze air made her shivered and hugged her body tightly, “Brrr, it’s so cold tonight.” If the temperature wasn’t that low, she would choose to stay at balcon instead.

She walked to her room lazily. It took so long for her to take a step, and it was hard to keep her eyes open.

Instinctively, she stopped in front of Jungkook’s room. Her consciousness wasn’t full enough, but she could remember that she was waiting for him since a few hours ago.

She grabbed the doorknop and tried to open it. But it was locked.

“So you were home already?” she whispered with her husky voice. Groaning once again, she tried to push the door.

It gave her the same reaction. It couldn’t be opened.

Sighing deeply, she loose her grip and turned around. She had given up.

Slowly, she walked back to her room.

In other hand, the guy behind it leaning his back on the door, while his right hand hold onto the doorknop firmly, and his left hand hold his phone.

When he heard a sound of slammed door, he loose his grip and sighed.

What’s wrong, Jungkook?” the guy in other line asked.

Jungkook took a deep breath, and then spoke, “You know, I think it will be tough...”

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

Oh My God.

I'm sorry for late update :(

I'm on my training period huhuhu :(

So the fact is I joined an organization and since a month ago I was on my training period.

Fortunately, it was ended last week and finally I can writing again.

 

I'm really sorry for you who wait this fanfic.

And I'm happy that you guys still stick with me, I appreciate it a lot :)

Hope you will like this chap hehehehehe

Since I wrote this chap in rush, I guess there will be some mistakes. So... yeah -_-

 

 

Please leave your comments guys, I need to know your opinion :D