His Name

Sincere

 

 

A/N : On the second chapter, I did some mistakes -_- the owner of the house must be "Han" not "Nam", because "Nam" is Junhee's. Sorry for made you confused, don't worry I have edited it.

 

 


 

 

 

Junhee who just back from journalistic room received a message from Ahyoung. She said she can’t go home with her today because she should finish her team project first.

 

Junhee groaned. She decided to stretching her body a few times, probably it can make her mind more fresh for the next period. She still have two classes left, duh.

 

“One...two...three...” she counted as she began moving her body. “One... two... three!” this time she jumped, hoping that it can brush the sleepy feeling away.

 

“Whoa, this is refreshing,” Junhee grinned and she continued.

 

She didn’t recognize that someone was watching her from behind. That person was covering his mouth to prevent for laughing too loud, because the scene in front of him was too funny and amusing.

 

Junhee keep moving her body here and there. Whatever what kind of movement is that, she did it without abashment.

 

After a few minutes, she decided to back to class, but when she turned around, she taken aback.

 

“Oh my God!” she screamed as if she saw ghost or something.

 

“Meet me again?” a boy who stood in front of her smirked.

 

Junhee lost her words. She covered in surprise to see someone she had been tried to find this whole day was standing right in front of her right now.

 

So he had watched me doing crazy things in the very beginning? Oh my God, oh my God...

 

He ought to be here four hours later! That’s what his friend said. But seeing he stood in front of her like now...

 

“Oh- h- hi...” she tried to act normally, but she just can’t!

 

“What are you doing?” he asked. Oh man, headshot’s question.

 

“Me?” she pointed herself. “I- I- nothing.” She gave him her clumsy smile, and she sure that he think she is a weird girl.

 

“Oh...” he nodded in response.Thank God he didn’t show an amused expression or she’ll really dying in abashment.

 

They stood in silence. Until Junhee remembered about something to divert the topic. Jung!

 

“I-I..” she bit her lower lip, “By the way, because you were here now I want to ask you... if you... if you are...” she glanced at him and noticed that he was listening. “If you are... Jung.”

 

His expression turned to a confused one, but the next second he chuckled. “So you’re the one who called me.”

 

She gaped. For real. “So you are Jung?!”

 

“What’s the matter?” he furrowed his eyebrows at her astounding tone. Junhee cleared , “A- as you see, I want to join journalistic club,” she said, tried to act normally.

 

“Good, then. We need more people to work for our magazine.” He smiled. “And, like I said before, you should come to our meeting on Thursday.”

 

“Okay,” she nodded. “I’ll... go then?”

 

“Okay, I’ll go too. Have a nice day.” He smiled before left her. “Have a nice day too.” Junhee waved awkwardly.

 

“Oh God,” she sighed when he had out from view. “Another shameful day.”

 

 

***

 

 

The next morning at Han’s house, Mrs.Han was busy cooking for breakfast while the others still fell asleep. The others here means Mr.Han and his daughter, Ahyoung and Junhee too.

 

How about the boys? One of them had gone already and the other one was busy in his room.

 

Right now he was looking at his reflection on the mirror. He tilted his head to check if his outfit was fine. He wore a pair of jeans and a brown t-shirt. Hm, he looks well actually, at least suitable enough for his first morning class, remember that he always took afternoon class before.

 

“Jeonie! Come here!” Mrs.Han called from kitchen. He went downstairs right after that and his cheeks heaten up by hearing his new creepy nickname. He arrived at kitchen to see so many foods all set on the table.

 

“Good morning, Auntie.” He smiled at her and she smiled back, “Good morning too, sweetie.”

 

“It seems so delicious,” he whispered while sitting on his chair. Mrs.Han who heard his words nodded excitedly, “I’m in good mood to cooking today. By the way it’s your first breakfast with me, right?” Mrs.Han asked. She put off her apron and sat in front of him. “Yes, Auntie.” He replied. “Go eat then, you must taste my cooking, and you can eat all up.” Mrs.Han suggested.

 

He took a roasted shrimp first and bite it. He gaped, “Wow.” He took another roasted shrimp, ate it and then took it again, ate it again, and so on. He want to compliment her cooks, but he just too shy.

 

Mrs.Han smiled in amusement seeing him, “Eat the other as well.” she added. “I’ll wake up the ladies.”

 

When Mrs.Han went upstairs he couldn’t hear her words clearly because his mind was full with foodsalready. His gaze shifted to a bowl of mushroom soup, he tasted it and hummed in astonishment. “It’s amazing...”

 

Actually he want to try this and that, but in other hand he has no time left. When he had done with his foods and feeling full already, he cleaned the table and washed his dishes as well. It was when Mrs.Han appeared.

 

“Are you ready to go?”

 

He nodded, “I should catch the bus, Auntie. Thank you for the breakfast,” He bowed. “You’re welcome.” She smiled. He slung his bag onto his shoulder and smiled shyly, “I’ll leave, Auntie.”

 

When the boy had left, Mrs.Han giggled. “How cute he is.”

 

Not long after that, Ahyoung and Junhee were coming. Ahyoung groaned as she sat on the chair, “Good morning, Auntie.” Junhee smiled at the owner as well, “Good morning, Auntie.”

 

“Whoa, it was so close, girls. The boy had just left,” Mrs.Han chuckled. “The one who lived here? Really?” Ahyoung seems upset. “I should’ve woken up more early.”

 

“How about the other one?” Junhee asked.

 

“He had gone too, a little earlier today because he want to pick up her mom at railway station,” Mrs.Han said.

 

“Is his mom will coming?” Ahyoung asked. “He said she’ll sleep over too,” Mrs.Han said as she sat on the chair. “Let’s eat girls.”

 

“It seems delicious. Thank you for cooking this for us, Auntie.” Ahyoung grinned.

 

“Eat well, okay? Or you’ll never taste my cooks again.” Mrs.Han joked. “By the way Ahyoung-ah, don’t go home too late. I heard you returned around 9PM yesterday.”

 

“Ah... sorry, I forgot to tell you that I met my mom last night. We met at the bus stop after finishing my team project and we talked so much.” She explained.

 

“How about today?”

 

“I’ll return around 6PM, promise.” She made a ‘V’ sign.

 

“By the way, someone who ate it before must be so hungry...” Junhee who was silent since a while ago spoke. She shook her head, “The mushroom soup and roasted shrimp had gone.”

 

Mrs.Han laughed, “I think he likes eating. But he is too shy to express his feels.”

 

“Hey,” Junhee blinked. “Mushroom and shrimp. Don’t they his favourite foods?”

 

 

***

 

 

“ARE YOU SERIOUS?!”

 

Junhee restrained from Jay. She rolled her eyes, that girl is really has a loud voice. “I met him yesterday.”

 

“Why you didn’t tell me?” Jay whined. “I’m not in mood to tell you yesterday.” Junhee admitted. Yesterday is the hardest day for her. She can’t concentrating on every classes she had after met him. She still feel embarassed so badly and no matter how many times she tried to forget it, the scene when she was stretching like crazy was still playing in her mind.

 

“He is Jung, right?” Jay asked emergently.

 

“Yes, Miss. And he’s journalistic club’s member too.”

 

“Whoa, he’s a journalist, then? That’s cool, man.” Junhee just rolled her eyes. So, beside Ahyoung, Jay is also enthusistic with boys.

 

“I want to meet him again,” Jay pouted.

 

“And I won’t meet him again,” Junhee added.

 

“Why?”

 

She sighed, “After embarassing myself in front of him, I didn’t dare to look at him anymore.”

 

“But you know his fullname already, right?”

 

Junhee’s expression turned to a regretful one, “Hey, I didn’t ask him.”

 

“Yah!” Jay hit her playfully. “How can you didn’t ask him? That’s a good timing!”

 

“I didn’t think even a bit about that, I just want to run off at that time.” Junhee defended.

 

Before Jay could reply, their lecturer has came. Mr.Yoo arrival made the class become quiet in a crack. And Jay who became impatient to say something to Junhee finally decided to write a note and handed it to Junhee.

 

She read it and her face fell.

 

It’s okay. At least you had caught his attention.

 

 

***

 

 

When the first period ended Jay rushed out from class and left her alone. Myungsoo sent Jay a text to have lunch together and of course she glad to do it. So here is it Junhee, sat alone in the class while laid her head on the table.

 

Seriously, she hates being alone and she hates this silence. Everyone had gone already and she was the one and only who stayed in class accompanied by clock ticking.

 

Until she felt a vibration from her phone.

 

From : Taehyung

Hey, want to have a cup of coffee? I’m in cafetaria now, I won’t being a loner! :P

 

Whoa, perfect timing. She replied it quickly.

 

To : Taehyung

Okay. On the way, Sir.

 

When she arrived at cafetaria, Taehyung waved at her and she walked towards him. She took a seat in front of him and narrowed her eyes, “There must be something you want to say, right?”

 

Taehyung chuckled, she really knew him well.

 

“Let’s drink first, I surprised they sold caramel macchiato.” He eyed a cup in front of him.

 

“Caramel macchiato!” Junhee’s eyes brightened. “You’re the best, Taehyung!”

 

Taehyung shook his head in amusement seeing his friend drank her coffee with her lovely gaze. Junhee is a big fan of caramel macchiato and moccachino, that’s why Taehyung bought her one of her favourite things today.

 

“Junhee,” Taehyung called. Junhee looked up from her cup, “What?”

 

“Did I still being your one and only boy friend?” Taehyung asked. He held out his right hand to reach her hand, but she quickly restrained from him. She glared at him, “What are you doing?!”

 

Taehyung narrowed his eyes, “So you still the same.”

 

She held back her breath, “You startled me.”

 

“Don’t you think you need to change?”

 

Junhee huffed, “Are you really going to mentioning this?”

 

“Yes, Junhee. After four years I think you’ll change. I think you’ll become more brave towards boys.”

 

“It’s not that I’m afraid with boys, but I’m not used to do physic contact with boys, okay? I just can’t.” She explained.

 

“So even youhave never shook your hand with boys?”

 

“I questioned you back. Have I?”

 

“Even you reject to high five with me,” Taehyung mumbled. “Hey, I’d never asked you this. Have you ever touching with boy even if it just by accident?”

 

“Emm, frequently. Usually we bumped each other in the middle of crowd.” she replied.

 

“Nah! Then why you still didn’t used to it?”

 

“It was accident, right? That’s different with physic contact purposely. Even so, I always blushed like boiled crab after touching with boys,” Junhee pouted. “Can we change the topic?”

 

Taehyung chuckled, “Sorry, I just want to test you.” Taehyung picked up something from his bag and handed it to Junhee, “Reunion invitation.”

 

“Tomorrow?” she asked.

 

“Yes. I’ve told you before, remember?”

 

Junhee looked through the paper and considering it, “I’ll go if I have time to go.”

 

“You must go,” Taehyung added. “You can’t ducked out like this forever.”

 

“I’m not ducked out,” she lowered her head. “I just following my heart, like you’ve said that I need to follow my heart.” She whispered.

 

“Junhee, listen to me,” Taehyung called and Junhee looked up. “You need to face him. Quickly or slowly, you will meet him. Definitely.”

 

She sighed, “I’ll think about it.”

 

“Why you need to think about it first? Are you afraid?”

 

“I’m not afraid!” she blurted out. “I’m just not ready...”

 

“Why?”

 

“I don’t know what should I do when I meet him later. I’m not ready to see his face, his cold expression, his gaze...” she inhaled deeply. “I really can’t.”

 

“Don’t worry, I’ll be there for you.” Taehyung smiled. “I just want you to come, I bet your friends must be missing you. Remember, it’s been four years since you met them.” Junhee gulped, Taehyung was right. She haven’t met her friends since she graduated.

 

“If you meet him and you feel you can’t face him,” Taehyung looked at her with his assuring smile. “I’m behind you.”

 

 

***

 

 

It was dark outside when he had finished his project. He think that his project would be more easier if he took morning class and consulting with his lecturer but heck, his lecturer didn’t even come this morning because he was busy with foreign affair.

 

Oh man, he didn’t know if Medical Department was this difficult. But hey, it was his dream to be here, right? So he can’t give up just like that.

 

He took the city bus again like he did this morning. It takes about twenty minutes from Gwanak University to Han’s house, so he decided to closed his eyes and rest for a bit. A few minutes later he felt some people came in, they were so noisy and made he opened his eyes and choose to looked out the window.

 

He likes seeing road. Seeing people take a walk, lamp posts, or the huge buildings with flickering lights. His lips curved into a small smile when he saw them. God, he really likes night view.

 

He didn’t know why everytime he looked at the night view, he feels safe. He feels his burden like taken away. He feels like a bird who can flies with his wings freely, enjoying the natural beauty.

 

Stars. He likes stars too. He likes how they shine with their own light, how they adorn the sky, and how they make him feel peace. Stars are the best object to looked at –for him.

 

He felt his phone vibrate. He took it out from his pocket and brought it nearer to his ear.

 

“Yes, Mom?”

 

“Hello, dear. How are you?”

 

He smiled by hearing his mom’s voice, “I’m okay, Mom. How about you?”

 

“I’m fine too. By the way it’s noisy, are you be going on your way?”

 

“Yes, I just back from finishing my project. I’m in the bus now.”

 

“Do you want to tell me about your host family?”

 

“So you were curious,” he chuckled. “They’re nice, Mom. Han’s treated me like I was their own son.”

 

“That’s good! I’m happy that you feel at home there.”

 

“Even Mrs.Han cooked me my favourite foods this morning,” he said.

 

“Really? Whoa, I should greet them someday.”

 

“Mom, go rest. Tell Dad I miss him so much and I’ll be home when holiday.”

 

“Got it. Don’t forget to call us if you need help, sweetie.”

 

“Yes, Mom. Love you, bye.”

 

“Love you too.”

 

He put his phone into his pocket and he looked around. The bus was full already and there is a girl who sat beside him. Her head kept moving back and forth, as a signal that she was sleeping.

 

He ignored her and looked out the window. But a few minutes later he felt a weight on his shoulder and he turned his head. He gulped.

 

She was sleeping on his shoulder.

 

He took a deep breath. No one sleep on his shoulder like this and he felt uncomfortable because of that. Then he decided to wake her up. “Excuse me,” he shook her body slowly.

 

The girl rubbed her eyes when she felt someone shook her body. She groaned a few times before turned around to see a boy looked at her awkwardly.

 

“Oh my god,” her eyes grew wide when she realized what she had done. “Sorry, I’m so sleepy-“ she stopped when finally she really realized who sat beside her.

 

“YOU?!”

 

The boy blinked in confusion. “Do you know me?”

 

She nodded firmly, “Yes. We met a few times in college. We bumped each other once on parking lot.”

 

“So you were from Gwanak University too?”

 

“Yes. I’m Jay fromAccounting Department. If I’m not wrong, I knew your name...” Jay tilted her head, tried to remember the boys’s name. “Aha! Jung, right?”

 

“Jung?” his eyebrows fused in confusion. “That’s not my name. I think you’d never met me before.”

 

“No no,” she defended. “I met you when I filled my club’s document and we really bumped each other. I saw your name there!” The passengers looked at them curiously, so Jay decrease her tone. “You were from journalistic club, right?”

 

The boy got more confused by hearing that. “I’m member of hiking club, not journalistic club. You must be wrong.”

 

Jay lost her words. But Junhee said Jung is journalistic club’s member... “Okay, then what’s your name?”

 

He stared at her with his unsure expression. Never once he became acquainted with stranger, especially with a girl. But seeing those eyes who looks so curious, he sighed. “I’m Jeon Jungkook.”

 

 

 


 

 

Third chapter whoa.....

By the way I'm sorry if this chapter is too boring, I'm still learning teehee :D

AND THANK YOU SO MUCH for subscribing and upvoting! I really appreciate that :")

 

 

 

Please comment because I need your opinion <3<3<3