Another Surprise

Sincere

 

“Jungkook.....” Junhee whispered.

 

Looking at Jungkook’s eyes, Junhee noticed something there. She wasn’t sure but it looks like...a warm looks. Not a surprised one.

 

For Junhee, Jungkook was exceptional. If usually she hates eye contact with boys, those pair of eyes was her addiction. If usually she will look away quickly, she will try to keep look at him. She missed that eyes, she missed that gaze, and that’s why she won’t looked away though her mind told her to do so.

 

Because sometimes you need to hear your heart than your mind instead.

 

Jungkook was the first who broke his gaze. He looked away, diverting his gaze somewhere.

 

His reaction made Junhee quickly turned and pretend to clear her dress up. She bit her lower lip –her habit whenever she was nervous.

 

While Junhee sitting on the bench, Jungkook was standing behind her. No words were spoken, only the sound of the wind that dominate. Junhee didn’t dare to turned again, but she knew that he was there. Although she didn’t know why he stayed rather than go instead.

 

She tried to looks calm although her heart beats crazily right now. The same beats like four years ago. It didn’t change even a bit, it still the same.

 

She wanted to talk to him so badly, but not quite sure if he will response. It wasn’t like their relationship had been better than before. Especially after the whole school knows that she likes him, four years ago.

 

She can just say to him ‘I didn’t like you anymore’ or ‘Yah! Who said I like you?’ but Jeon Jungkook could knew the truth behind her words. Remember, Jeon Jungkook was her closest friend beside Taehyung and Ahyoung.

 

Correction, he is her ex-closest friend now.

 

“Jungkook, why you didn’t go in?” another voice heard, signalling that someone coming towards them.

 

“I’m waiting Taehyung, we agreed to meet here yesterday.” Jungkook replied his friend’s question.

 

“Ah... okay. But don’t forget to go in, the others were waiting.” His friend patted his shoulder before go. The boy was about to left but then he noticed Junhee’s presence. “Whoa! You were Junhee, right?” he almost gaped, like he was seeing a goddess or something. “Yes.” She replied calmly.

 

“You were the one who entered Gangnam Senior High School with Ahyoung, right?” he asked again and Junhee nodded in response. The boy clapped, “You were so great then. Are you in college now?”

 

“Yes, I’m in Gwanak University.”

 

“Same with Jungkook, huh?” the boy smirked.

 

Junhee peeked on Jungkook, curious with his reaction when knowing that they were on the same college. But he stayed still, not even gave an interested expression. "Yeah... as you see."

 

“By the way, I’ll go first,” she stood up. Jungkook’s friend gave her a small wave and smiled, “Okay, we will catch up.”

 

She looked at Jungkook once again, but he ignored her gaze and stared on the ground instead.

 

She smiled bitterly as she walked away.

 

He hadn’t changed at all.

 

***

 

Nothing caught her attention when she entered the coffee shop. Everyone seems paid their attention on the stage, where some girls and some boys stood to do “Who Are You” game.

 

A boy will be paired with a girl, but before they paired with their partner, their eyes will be closed so they won’t know who will be their partner. After that, MC will read the clue about their partner, and they have to guess it.

 

An old game where she had played it before with Jungkook. And guess what? They won. Ofcourse they did, they knew about each other personality well.

 

Junhee walked towards her previous table and grabbed her bag, when she about to left, her eyes captured two boys walked in.

 

They were Taehyung and Jungkook.

 

Some girls gaping as they saw the two. They murmured about them, even some of them tried to caught their attention with waved crazily and called their name so many time. Junhee rolled her eyes. That girls must be who fangirled over them back then.

 

No wonder, their popularity was no kidding when they were on junior high school. Although Jungkook was deadly cold, his coldness was his charm which no one could deny it. And Taehyung, huh, who didn’t know about him? A popular football player, idol of girls.

 

The two had difficult time to ‘escape’, but after a group of boys came for helping them with sent their death glares, the girls restrained from them one by one.

 

Diverting her gaze from them, she looked around, trying to find something interesting to do there.

 

Game? She didn’t interested at all.

 

Foods? She was full already.

 

Friends? Hello, she was alone since a few minutes ago, her friends left her behind.

 

After thinking for a while, she decided to took out her phone and typed a message for Ahyoung.

 

Hey, idk but I lost my interest to continued this reunion event, so I’ll go home first. Sorry for left you behind.

 

***

 

That night the weather was so good. Especially for take a walk.

 

Hoseok who was walking on the street expressed his feelings by whistling. He swung his hand back and forth, made the bags which he brought from grocery awhile ago almost threw the vegetables off.

 

“Whoops,” the only word he said when he almost dropped that vegetables. He wondered why his mom likes cabbage very much, until she asked him to buy them this late. Ah, because today was her last day in Seoul, so she want to eat cabbage.

 

It was already 8PM when he went through the small bridge near Han’s house. He cought sight of a familiar person who was leaning on the fence.

 

He narrowed his eyes. Like he had met that person before.

 

He walked towards her and to his surprise, it was her. He took a few steps closer and called the girl, “Hey.”

 

That girl turned and her eyes widened when she saw him. Hoseok chuckled, he had expected that expression of her.

 

“First, I want to tell you that I’m not your stalker.” Hoseok said. Her expression grew confused than ever, so he continued. “You know... I didn’t know why I always meet you like this. I’m afraid if you think that I’m a stalker.” He joked. That girl blinked at first, but the next second, she laughed. “I never think like that, though,”

 

“Whoa, you laughed? It was first time I saw you laughed,” Hoseok confessed. “By the way, what are you doing here?” he asked as he leaned on the fence.

 

“Just enjoying the night,” she replied. She faced the sky and showed him a small smile, “I like night view.”

 

“Really? I think you like stretching more,” he teased. She frowned at his words, but then she caught the point.

 

“Y- yah! I- I didn’t like stretching actually, I just felt so sleepy at that time,” she tried to ignore his gaze, won’t him to saw her blushed.

 

Hoseok laughed this time. It was kinda of cute everytime he saw her become shy like that.

 

“Why are you laughing?!” she protested.

 

“You know... it’s funny because you always act like that in front of me.” He said, still trying to stop his laugh. “Just forget about that and act normally, I won’t tease you about that again. Promise,” he made a V sign and grinned.

 

She stared at him, but when her eyes met his she quickly looked away. She gulped and then said, “I’ll go first.”

 

Smiled in amusement, he followed her behind, knowing that they walked at the same direction. Hoseok faster his steps and asked her, “Where’s your house?”

 

“This is my way to home. Sunbae?” she asked back. “Me too,” he replied.

 

They walked side by side in silence. Hoseok was into deep thoughts until he wasn’t realize they had arrived in front of Han’s house.

 

“Jung sunbae,” she called and he looked up. “Aren’t you go home?” she asked. Hoseok pointed a house behind her, “I lived there.” He said.

 

Her eyes rounded before gaped completely.

 

“You lived there?!”

 

***

 

The next morning was the most awkward moment for both Hoseok and Junhee. Han’s had left the house since early morning due to their trip to Jeju, while the others was still dead asleep.

 

Junhee was in the middle of making ramyun when he came out from bathroom. She turned to see him with his hair wet and mess, he wore a black shorts and...topless.

 

Her eyes widened as she turned her head quickly. “Jung sunbae, wear your t-shirt please.” She begged to say, feeling the heat began rush up to her cheeks.

 

Hoseok furrowed his eyebrows as he walked closer, “What? I can’t hear you.” He peeked on her cooking from behind and grinned. “Whoa, it seems delicious.”

 

“Jung sunbae, wear your-“

 

When Junhee turned around, she almost bumped his chest and she held her breath spontaniously. She looked up to see his face just a few centimeters from her face. She gulped hard.

 

What the...hell?

 

Hoseok looked down. He made a ‘whoops’ sound and stepped back, “Sorry.”

 

Junhee cleared , “Y- you know. You must wear your t-shirt first.” She whispered. She breathed the air in and then exhaled it time and again, tried to control her heart beat.

 

“A- ah, okay.” Hoseok rubbed his neck and rushed upstairs quickly.

 

When he had gone, Junhee set the ramyun on the table and she sat on the chair. She touched her cheek and hissed, “Why this damn cheek always like this?”

 

Not long after that, she heard a footstep from the stairs. She looked up and found Hoseok had worn his shirt and managed his hair covered half of his forehead.

 

You know, she had admitted that he is handsome before, but this time...she was one hundred sure this guy was freaking handsome.

 

“Hey,” Hoseok waved his hand in front of her.

 

“O- oh, you had done.” She seems startled. “You can eat this, I made for two person.” Hoseok grinned as he looked at a bowl of ramyun in front of him. “Thank you, I like ramyun a lot,” he giggled.

 

She took her chopsticks and began eating.

 

Sometimes she glanced up to see him eating.  Unconsciously, her lips curved into a small smile.

 

He is cute, too.

 

“Aren’t you going to eat?” his voice made she looked back over her bowl and continued eating.

 

He chuckled.

 

He knew what she did.

 

How funny.

 

“By the way, where’s your mom, sunbae? You said that she will back to Gwangju this morning.” She asked, tried to broke the awkward atmosphere around her. Yeah, as you see, the one who felt awkward was her, not him.

 

“She had left this dawn,” he replied. “You haven’t seen her yet, haven’t you?”

 

Junhee nodded, “I had no chance. I promise I’ll go to meet her if she come again.” Hoseok smiled by hearing her words, knew that she means it.

 

Junhee finished her breakfast and she stood up, heading for washbowl and washed her dishes. When she had done, she looked at the clock and furrowed her eyebrows, “It still 7AM.”

 

Hoseok looked up, “Want to go together?”

 

She blinked, “Yes?”

 

“Want to go together?” he repeated. “I have morning class too today.”

 

She gulped, “Really? O- okay, I’ll get ready.”

 

When she was about to go upstairs, Hoseok called her. “Your name is Junhee, right?” she stopped and turned. “Yes, sunbae.”

 

“Can you stop calling me Jung sunbae?” he asked. He looked at her meaningfully, showing her his charming smile. “My name is Jung Hoseok.”

 

***

 

8:05am.

 

Jay kept glancing up from time to time, wondering when the Nam Junhee will coming. She waited her since twenty minutes ago but that girl didn’t come into view yet.

 

She stood near the gate impatiently while looked around sometimes.

 

Her eyes brightened when she saw a girl got off the bus, and she approached her immediately. “Yah! Nam Junhee!”

 

“Hey, Jay!” Junhee smiled widely at her. Jay was about to say something, but another voice interrupted.

 

“Ah, I forgot to remind you this. Today we will held a meeting at journalistic club, don’t forget to come.” Junhee nodded at the boy, “Okay.” He gave her a small waved and then left.

 

Jay turned to her curiously, “Is he coming with you?” Junhee nodded, “Isn’t he your idol?” Jay furrowed her eyebrows, “Never once I met him before, how can he become my idol? Please, girl. Don’t say nonsense.” She rolled her eyes.

 

“Wait,” Junhee tilted her head. “Don’t you say that you met him before? When you filled your club’s document?”

 

Jay laughed, “Hey, that’s different person. Not him.”

 

“What? Then who’s that?”

 

Before replied, Jay dragged her along. “I met him a few days ago, in the bus. And I got his name!”

 

“Who’s his name?” Junhee asked as they sat on the nearest bench, under a shady tree.

 

“Jeon Jungkook.” Jay replied as she leaned on backrest. A moment later, without knowing the effect of what she just said, she had succeed made a girl beside her screamed for real.

 

“YOU SAY WHAT?!”

 

***

 

Deciding to skip the meeting, Junhee quickly typed a message to Hoseok that she can’t make it. It was not that she was lazy or something, she still shocked about what she had heard this morning from Jay, and ended up with losing her desire to do anything.

 

Jungkook.

 

Apparently, the boy Jay was talking about all this time was Jungkook, not Jung Hoseok. Doesn’t it means that she had met him before her? And doesn’t it means he had been here from the beginning without her knowing?

 

God, how can she didn’t find it out.

 

She didn’t know he had such a big impact to her.

 

She sighed. Sometimes she think that she was so stupid. After all that had been happened four years ago, she still couldn’t leave. Even if there are a million reasons to leave, she still looking for that one reason to stay.

 

Now meeting Jungkook like this, in unexpected way, made there were so many things in her mind now. So all she wanted to do is sleep.

 

“I’m home...” she opened the door nochalantly. Noticed that someone was in kitchen, she walked there and found Mrs.Han was in the middle of cooking.

 

“Hello, auntie.” She greeted her.

 

“Oh, hi!” Mrs.Han turned and smiled widely at her. “It was so rare that you go home early.”

 

“Yeah, I’m not in the mood to stay at school anylonger and I’m so sleepy. I’ll go to my bed auntie.” She bid a goodbye to her. The older just shook her head in amusement, didn’t bother to forbide her after seeing those sleepy eyes.

 

“Ah, right! Junhee! I’ll ask the boy to wake you up later, okay?” Mrs.Han shouted from kitchen. Junhee who had been laid down on her bed and didn’t pay too much attention just hummed in response, ready to go to dreamland.

 

***

 

Tok. Tok. Tok.

 

Tok. Tok. Tok.

 

The girl rubbed her eyes lazily, uncomfortable with her sleep after she heard disturbing voice. She opened her eyes slowly, considering if it was a dream or not.

 

Tok. Tok. Tok.

 

The sound of a knocked door made her mumbled, “Geez, who is that?” With half of awareness, she groaned and rubbed her eyes once again.

 

Tok. Tok. Tok.

 

“I-“

 

“Wake up, dinner is ready.”

 

She stopped when she heard someone spoke. This time she almost opened her eyes widely, surprised with what she just heard.

 

She blinked few times, did she just misheard?

 

“Yah, it was impossible Nam Junhee.” She laughed dryly.

 

Tok. Tok. Tok.

 

“Wake up.”

 

Junhee stood up immediately after a person in front of her room spoke again. Now she almost had all of her awareness, so she walked towards the door knob and gulped hard before opened it.

 

She peeked on her eyes first, then bit by a bit she opened the door wider. When the door opened completely, it revealed a familiar person stood in front of her while crossing his arms with his impatient expression.

 

Her eyes widened.

 

So do him.

 

“You?!”

 

 


 

 

Yoohoo! I'll start the real story on the next chapter kkkkk~

I've planned thatI'll start the real story after Junhee found out about both Jungkook and Hoseok, so you guys won't confused or curious about who is Jung.

So please wait and stick with me guys! :)

 

 

btw have you seen BTS Dope? Seriously, Jimin's hair make me asdfghjklsjsh x)