Flustered

Sincere

 

Walking around the library, he looked at each stacks in order to find a reference for his assignment. He decided to go early today so he could go to library to get his reference for the first period, but after thirty minutes searching almost the whole library he couldn’t find it yet.

 

“Can I help you, young man?”

 

Jungkook turned and sighed in relief when he saw a librarian stood beside him. “I couldn’t find this,” he gave her a small paper where he wrote a name of book which he look for.

 

“Ah, this one. A boy had borrow it yesterday,” the librarian said. “Really? Who is he?” Jungkook asked. “Wait,” the woman walked towards her table and scrolled her mouse as she looked through the monitor. “Jung Hoseok. He came here yesterday.” She said.

 

“Jung Hoseok?” he repeated. “Okay. Thank you, Ma’am!” he bowed and left.

 

He took out his phone as he walked down the hall. He bring it nearer to his ear, and right after he heard someone’s voice his eyes brightened. “Hyung, where are you?”

 

“Okay, I’ll be there momentarily.”

 

When he arrived at cafetaria, he saw a familiar figure waved at him. Hoseok greeted him with a small smile, “You haven’t eaten anything yet, don’t you?”

 

Jungkook cracked a smile as he sat in front of him, “Have to catch the bus.”

 

“Liar,” Hoseok rolled his eyes. He took a box of food and handed it to him, “Make sure you eat this. Mrs.Han told me if you didn’t eat it all up she will call your mom.”

 

He laughed. “Okay, hyung. By the way, I need your book.”

 

“Which one?” Hoseok asked. Jungkook gave him a small paper, after he read it he took out a book from his backpack and handed it to Jungkook. “You were so diligent, huh?” he teased. Jungkook shrugged, “Nope, I just tried my best.”

 

“Hoseok sunbae, this is the-“

 

The two turned to see a girl stood up behind them, holding a sheet of paper with half-opened. She hasn’t finished her sentence yet after she knew with whom Hoseok is. “....article.”

 

“Oh, Junhee!” Hoseok’s expression grew bright as he saw her. He gestured her to sat beside him and the girl walked towards him hesitantly. “This is the article that you asked me yesterday.”

 

While Hoseok read the article, Junhee peeked on Jungkook who sat in front of her. He seems busy with the book on his hand, which made Junhee wonder since when he likes reading a book.

 

Noticed that someone looking at him, Jungkook looked up. He furrowed his eyebrows, which made the girl turned away quickly.

 

“H- How was it sunbae?” she asked Hoseok –averted away the attention.

 

“Overall is good. But...” Hoseok pointed a paragraph and showed it to Junhee, “You got wrong some nouns.”

 

“Oh my God, I must be mistaken.” she winced. “I’ll fix it in hour,” she said as she stood up quickly and ready to left. Nodded in response, then Hoseok turned his attention to Jungkook as he nudged him. “Yah, eat it.”

 

“Ah... I almost forget.” Jungkook closed his book and opened the box. Junhee who saw the foods inside gaped completely and she grabbed the box away from Jungkook.

 

“I’ll eat it!” she blurted, ignoring two confused stares from the boys in front of her.

 

“Hey, Jungkook hadn’t eaten anything yet since this morning.” Hoseok frowned at her actions. Ignoring the boy’s words, she continued eating until the box almost empty. When she finished, she turned to Jungkook, “I’m sorry. I’m so hungry.” Not giving chance for Jungkook to reply, she continued, “I’ll go, bye.”

 

Hoseok blinked, “What’s wrong with her?”

 

Jungkook stared at her spot before, and he shrugged, “I don’t...know?”

 

***

 

During the break, Jungkook couldn’t stop rubbing his stomach and moaned. His hunger was so serious right now but he couldn’t leave his class because a man who stood in front of the class was still busy talking. Jungkook checked his wrist watch and cursed, they should have a break since ten minutes ago.

 

Endure his hunger a little bit longer, finally his lecturer ended the class. Right after the lecturer left, Jungkook stood up and rushed out immediately. When he was about to turned to left, someone called him. “Jungkook!”

 

He turned to see Junhee walked towards him. Without giving him to say anything, she handed two breads and a bottle of water to him.

 

“I’m sorry I ate your foods, so I bring you this and you should eat it.”

 

Her non-stop sentence make him just stared at her. And again, she left him without letting him speak even just a word.

 

Jungkook stared at the foods on his hand.

 

He knew what just happened.

 

The foods inside the box that eaten by her this morning were beans. Actually he had an allergy of it. He will heaving up if he eat beans, and at least has a fever for three days.

 

Jungkook went back to his class and sat on his chair as he teared up the wrapper. He bite the bread and chewed it, and so on until he finished it all off.

 

He crossed his arms on the back of his head and leaned his back on his chair. Now that his stomach had filled already, he felt more better than before. But something still bothered his mind.

 

How can she remember that he has allergy towards beans?

 

He had no idea.

 

***

 

“I’m doing right... I’m doing right...” Junhee lowered her head along the way up to her class, still wondering how Jungkook will think about her after what she did. She didn’t know too what did she think at that time –it happened spontaneously.

 

Now when she think about it again, it was so damn embarassing though it was for his own sake. And maybe their awkwardness will getting worse, additionally since the day that he woke her up and found out everything, both of them became shut until now, not even giving a glance each other.

 

Not paying attention towards her way, she accidentally bumped into someone. She dropped her books on the floor, causing such a mess.

 

“Oh God, sorry, I’m sorry!” Junhee crouched as she helped the girl collecting her books. “Sorry, I’m sorry, I’m zoning out.”

 

The girl scoffed, “Watch your way, duh.”

 

“What’s happening?”

 

Someone’s voice made the two looked up. Taehyung who passed by the corridor saw the mess, and he approached them immediately. He helped them collecting the books and carried the rest. “I’ll bring it.”

 

“I’ll bring it too,” Junhee offered. The girl nodded and gave her some books to carry, and they followed the girl to Art Department’s Room.

 

“Place it onto the table,” the girl commanded. After they had done, they walked out the room. “Thank you, anyway.” She thanked Taehyung and Junhee.

 

“It’s okay, I’m the one who should apologize.” Junhee smiled. “Sorry for my carelessness.” The girl nodded, “Okay. Just be careful next time.”

 

After bid a goodbye, Junhee and Taehyung left her and walked towards the nearby park. They sat on the ground, under the shady tree.

 

“What’s happen?” Taehyung asked. “I’m zoning out and bumped into her,” she replied. Taehyung turned aside to see her face and he frowned, “Is there something bothering you?”

 

See, Taehyung always knows. Even when she tried to cover up her problems, he always knows.

She took a deep breath before confessed, “I’m living in the same house with Jungkook.”

 

Hearing a new information made his eyes widened. “Are you serious?!” Junhee rolled her eyes in response, “Do I look joking now?” Taehyung shook his hand, “No. Then, continue please.”

 

Junhee sighed and she continued, “I found it out a few days ago. Someone woke me up and when I opened my door, I saw Jungkook there.” She gulped, “I- I didn’t how to act around him after that, so I avoiding him until now. I woke up late, I skipped my dinner, I tried my best so I won’t meet him in home.”

 

“Though we met few times intuitively, I’m still not used to this. I can’t control the awkwardness –and I hate it. I admitted, I want to meet him after four years. I’m happy when I met him in our reunion event. But- I’m not ready to live with him like this. Facing him every morning when I wake up, seeing him when I’m about to sleep- it’s not like that.”

 

“But this morning, I ruined my plan to avoiding him.” she lowered her head. “You know, I just can’t control my feelings.” She ended her sentence with a long sigh.

 

“Junhee, listen to me.” Taeyung spoke. “Your biggest problem now is your overthinking.” Junhee turned to him with furrowed eyebrows, but before she asking, he continued. “Overthinking does block your way. It makes you worry about small things which actually you don’t need to worry about.”

 

“Why you avoiding him when you had met him? Aren’t you going to regret it?” Taehyung took a deep breath, “I still remember how soulless you are when he was avoiding you. I still remember how you tried to endure it and how hard you tried to make up with him. I knew how you asked everyone about his well-being all this time. But why Junhee? Why you avoiding him now?”

 

“Why you didn’t try to act normally as if nothing happen? Act like when you guys still be good friends. Act like he still doesn’t know about your feelings. Act like you have nothing towards him. I know it’ll be tough, but it worth it.”

 

“Who knows, everything will be better.”

 

Junhee let out a big sigh. Taehyung’s advice was good, for real. But sometimes speak is more easy than do, and she is the type of girl who afraid to take a risk. Actually she didn’t know too how can everything changed into like this. Be in a same collage with him, even living in the same house with him –never once she did think like that.

 

“Ah, one more thing.” Taehyung looked at her, giving her his assuring smile. “Try to open your heart for other guy.”

 

***

 

“Yeah, Let’s eat kids!” Mrs.Han cheered happily as she placed her cooks onto the table and sat on the chair. “Eat well, okay?” the man beside her added. The adolescents nodded at them and began eating as well.

 

“Unni~” Mimi jumped down from her chair and walked towards Junhee’s chair. She nudged her a few times, but her unni didn’t response. “Unni!”

 

“O- oh yes?” Junhee looked up in surprise.

 

“See, you were daydreaming!” she pouted.

 

“Sorry,” Junhee showed her clumsy smile at the girl as she ruffled her hair lovingly. “I miss you, unni.” Mimi beamed. “I miss you too,” she caressed the girl’s cheek, and she paid with a peck on her cheek.

 

“You didn’t miss me?” Ahyoung said sarcastically. Mimi giggled and hugged her legs instead, “I miss my judge-to-be.”

 

“Yah, I had said to you I want to be a lawyer, not a judge.” Ahyoung laughed at her new nick name and Mimi shook her head cutely, “I don’t know what is lawyer, my teacher just explained about judge so I want you to be a judge.”

 

The fifth years old girl made all of them smiled in amusement by her innocentness. Her return after short holiday at her grandma’s house bring a cheerful atmosphere in Han’s house. Han Mimi, the one and only Han’s daughter was a smart and cute girl. She used to played with Ahyoung and Junhee on Sunday or when her unnis have some free time, but last week she went to her grandma’s house for holiday since she didn’t go there for a month.

 

“Mom, who is he?” Mimi pointed Jungkook who sat opposite with Ahyoung. “He is not he, he is oppa, Mimi.” Mr.Han spoke.

 

“Hi, I’m Jung Hoseok.” Hoseok waved at the girl and smiled. “Call me Hoseok oppa.” The girl pouted, “I knew you already, oppa! You lived here since last year!” ignoring Hoseok’s laughter, she turned to Jungkook. She waited him to introduce himself but he didn’t notice if Mimi was waiting him. So she moved to his side and pinched his cheek. “Oppa!” Winced in painful, Jungkook rubbed his cheek, “I’m Jungkook.”

 

“Whoa, you’re so cute,” Mimi grinned. “Nice to meet you, oppa!”

 

Junhee took a glance at him to see he winced. She sighed and turned her attention back to her foods.

 

“Now is time to eat princess.” Mr.Han lifted her daughter up and bring her to her mom. “Open your mouth,” Mrs.Han commanded.

 

Felt someone nudged her hand, Junhee turned with rising her eyebrow, “What?” Ahyoung whispered to her ear, “That’s cute! I want to have a happy family and feeding my kids like Mrs.Han did.” Junhee raised an eyebrow, “Then?” Her friend giggled, “I want to get married quickly.” Junhee contorted her face, “Poor you and your imagination.”

 

Hoseok heard their conversation and he chuckled. “Oh girls...”

 

***

 

“I’ll help.” Hoseok took a step nearer to her as he grabbed a plate and washed it. He was about to go out but then found Junhee was doing the dishes alone. Since Ahyoung had to leave first, she can’t help Junhee with the dishes as usual, so he was here to help.

 

“Thank you, sunbae.”

 

A few minutes passed away without a single word from both Junhee and Hoseok. Hoseok put the last dishes onto the rack and dried his hands. Junhee walked out the kitchen first and he followed her behind.

 

“Where’s the other?” Junhee asked. “I don’t know. I guess Jungkook went out with his friends today, I saw him rushed out from house. Today is Wednesday, isn’t it?” Junhee nodded, “Why?” Hoseok tapped his chin and turned to Junhee, “I think he has a schedule or something every Wednesday night.”

 

“He is a busy person maybe,” she shrugged.

 

“Hey, by the way, I have something to tell you.” Hoseok added. “Follow me upstairs.”

 

She waited in front of Hoseok’s room while leaned on the wall. Not long after that Hoseok came out while bring his laptop, and he led her to balcon. They sat on the floor, opposing each other with Hoseok’s laptop between them.

 

“Remember about an article I asked you before?” he asked. “Since it was a new rubric in our magazine, at first I don’t have confidence in this rubric. Especially it was a rare rubric and usually not much people would paid attention. But you know what?”

 

As the girl shook her head, Hoseok continued. “When I gave it to editor team, they said that that was so good and we have to keep it for the next magazine.”

 

“Whoa! Really?!” she squealed. He nodded excitedly, “Congrats!”

 

Junhee couldn’t hide her happiness, she smiled widely at him and stood up, then bowed. “Thank you, sunbae! It was such a honour that my rubric can included in Gwanak’s Magazine.”

 

“Y- yah, don’t be like that.” Hoseok stood up and rubbed his neck shyly. Junhee shook her head, “No, I should be thankful.”

 

“Okay,” he chuckled in defeat. “Then why you didn’t come with me tomorrow? I’ll go to journalistic room to check the rubrics and its layouts.”

 

“Sure!” she nodded excitedly.

 

“Whoa, your mood changed so quickly, huh?” he smirked. “I always saw that gloomy face nowadays but now, it’s gone?”

 

“Am I really obvious?” she chuckled. “Don’t worry sunbae, I really in good mood now. So you won’t see that face again.”

 

“I’m happy for you,” he smiled. “Then, you must go sleep.”

 

“Got it,” she made an ‘OK’ sign and she headed for her room. “Good night, sunbae.” She smiled before she went in.

 

Hoseok chuckled. That girl was so cute.

 

 


 

This is just the beginning, yoohoo!

 

A/N : Comments are appreciated, for real (: