First Meeting

Sincere

 

Jungkook got up when he noticed they were getting closer to Han’s house. The girl beside him which actually was Jay stood aside to gave him some space.

 

“Hey, nice to meet you,” she said before he got off the bus. Jungkook stared at her for awhile and then ducked in response.

 

Jungkook walked towards Han’s house and opened the door. He was untying his shoes when someone’s voice interrupted.

 

“Jungkook?” a woman’s voice made him turned around. He saw a woman stood behind him while smiling so widely, but he had never seen her before. “Are you Jungkook?” she asked. “...yes.” he replied. He stood and bowed, “I’m Jeon Jungkook.”

 

“I’m Hoseok’s Mom,” she greeted. “Mrs.Jung?” The woman nodded, “Go in, you must be tired.”

 

They walked to kitchen. There was a boy who sat while eating his foods. He turned when he noticed their arrival. “Oh, hey Jungkook.”

 

“Hoseok Hyung, when did your mom arrive?” Jungkook asked as he sat beside Hoseok. “This morning. But I bring her to went around Seoul first. And by the way we’d just arrived,” Hoseok explained. “Ah, Han’s told me that they will late. And Mrs.Han told me to remind you for dinner.”

 

“How nice she is,” Jungkook whispered.

 

“Hoseok told me about you, Jungkook. He said you were a nice dongsaeng,” Hoseok’s mom added. “Ah...” Jungkook rubbed his neck shyly. “Actually we just had chance to talk at night, because both of us always came late.”

 

“Hh, I’ve told him for not forcing himself. I’m afraid he’ll get sick,” Mrs.Jung stared at his son lovingly. Then she turned to Jungkook, “I’m grateful because you were here Jungkook. Last year he was alone, beside Han’s.”

 

“I’m happy Hoseok hyung was here too, auntie.” Jungkook smiled at her respectfully. “By the way, I’m sorry I can’t accompanied you any longer, there were some homeworks to be done.”

 

“Okay, okay. I just want to greet you when you go home, Jungkook. Good night.” Hoseok’s mom patted his hair and smiled at him warmly. “Good night.” He bowed once again.

 

“Jungkook, wait.” Hoseok called. He took out a paper from his pocket and handed it to him, “Someone named Taehyung gave me this and he asked me to gave it to you.”

 

Jungkook took that paper and smiled, “Thank you, hyung.”

 

As Jungkook went upstairs, Mrs.Jung turned her attention to Hoseok. “Where’s the other two?”

 

“Who?” Hoseok asked back. “Don’t you say that there were four renters here?” Her mom reminded. “Ah... yes you were right. But we haven’t met yet. Jungkook and I always came late and we didn’t have chance to meet them.” he replied.

 

“Were they boys too?”

 

“No, they were girls.”

 

 

***

 

 

“Hey there Jungkook!”

 

“Hi, good morning Jungkook.”

 

“Jungkook, I’m happy you took morning class again.”

 

Some girls ‘greet’ him when he came in. He ignored them and sat on his chair. He took out his book and then began pretend like he was reading it. Yeah, the one and only way to ignore girls on his class.

 

It wasn’t that they were flirting on him. No, it wasn’t like that. He just not used to talk with girls. That’s why.

 

“Jungkook!” another voice heard. A boy with his eyes smile came in while smiled widely, “Yo, wassup, Jeon Jungkook.” Jungkook’s expression grew bright as he saw Jimin, his old friend sat in front of him. “Hey! What are you doing here? And how can you...?”

 

Jimin laughed, “First I want to tell you I almost caughted that I’m not student here.”

 

“Don’t tell me you climbed-“

 

“No, ofcourse.” Jimin rolled his eyes. “I’m not like when I was junior high school student. I came with Taehyung and when the security asked me my ID I told him that I leave it in my home,” he explained. “He didn’t believe me at first but Taehyung assured him haha.”

 

Jungkook laughed, “So now tell me what’s going on until you went to meet me like this.” He stopped laughing and narrowed his eyes at him, “You didn’t even contact me, bro.”

 

“Ugh, sorry about that.” Jimin grinned. “I just want to remind you this –don’t forget to come to our reunion event. Tonight.”

 

“Don’t worry. I’ve received the invitation. Taehyung gave it to my friend yesterday.”

 

“Then my task had succeed. I’ll leave now,” Jimin said as he stood up. “Just like that?” Jungkook asked, a bit dissapointed.

 

“No actually. I had looked around and met our friends. Oh once again,” Jimin continued, “Actually I’m being here to check if you really in Medical Department. And I’d got my answer.” he patted his shoulder before leave and gave him his cheesy smile, “Good luck, Jungkook.”

 

Jungkook smiled back and waved, “Thank you.”

 

As Jimin had gone, the girls came towards Jungkook with their curious expression. “Hey, who’s that?” someone asked. “He’s handsome too.” The other added. “Can I get his number?”

 

Jungkook didn’t answer their questions and eyed the door, “The lecturer is coming.”

 

 

***

 

 

Junhee was on the middle of eating when she just realized that it was already 6PM. “Oh my, I should change my clothes.”

 

“Oh, you have a reunion event tonight, right?” Mr.Kim asked. “Yes, uncle. I almost forget,” she winced. After she had finished eating, she went upstairs. When she arrived in front of Ahyoung’s room, she wanted to knock it but then realize something.

 

She must busy picking her clothes and can’t be disturbed even with just a knock. Ten years being her friend, Junhee had been known that girl will finish with her things about a hour later.

 

And, how about Junhee? That was a big different between Ahyoung and her.

 

She didn’t even interested to wear such caught-an-eye clothe. She used to wear t-shirt and pair of jeans or a long skirt. She hates wearing short clothes because she was kind of girl who hates when her body being exposed. Everywhere she go she always try to cover her body with wearing jacket or cardigan, that made her felt comfortable.

 

Her phone vibrated, signaling that someone’s calling.

 

“Hello?”

 

Hey, you didn’t try to miss our event, right?”

 

Junhee chuckled when she heard Taehyung’s voice. She looked at her wrist watch and then spoke, “Hey, it’s still 6PM. It’s started on 7PM, right? I still have a hour.”

 

Don’t say that you haven’t prepared yet.”

 

She rolled her eyes as she opened her room’s door. “I will, Sir. So stop calling me because I want to get ready.”

 

By the way... I want to ask you something.” Taehyung’s voice change into serious tone.

 

“What?” she asked while began picking her clothes.

 

Did you bring her along?”

 

Junhee’s eyes rounded at first, but the next second she softened.

 

She remember that Taehyung is Ahyoung’s ex-boyfriend, and she knew well that he still loves her.

 

“Don’t worry, she is get dressed now.” She replied.

 

O-okay, see you guys then.”

 

After he hung up the call, Junhee quickly changed her clothes and packed her things. She wore a simple light brown dress and light brown heels. She did manage her make-up as simple as can and did crosscheck before left her room. Handphone, key, what else? Ah, jacket.

 

When she think everything is okay, she called Ahyoung who was in her right room.

 

“Ahyoung, have you already done?” she called.

 

“Yes, I’m ready!” she shouted from inside. About five minutes later, Ahyoung came out from her room.

 

She looked breath-taking in her red dress and... she looks so beautiful.

 

“Whoa, want to impress someone?” Junhee teased and Ahyoung rolled her eyes. “Let’s go.”

 

They went downstairs and said to Mrs and Mr.Kim that they will come late. Luckily, Mr.Kim even called taxi to drove them to the coffee shop.

 

When they arrived, they saw so many people there. This place had been booked by ex-student council to carried out this reunion event. There was a banner that written “EUMDONG JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL of 2011 ALUMNI REUNION” on it and a photobooth near the gate. Every spots had been decorated as beautiful as can and as same as when they were on Junior High School.

 

There were so many photos hanging on the board. They were their old photos.

 

Junhee locked her gaze on the board. She tried to remember each person on every photos. When she had remembered them, her lips curved onto a small smile. “It must be fun meet them again,” she whispered.

 

“Hm, flashback.” Ahyoung stood beside her. “I wonder how could they get this photos.”

 

“I still saved them, though.” Junhee added. “Even I have your photo when you still kept that ponytail.”

 

“Yah! You’ve never told me about that!”

 

Junhee chuckled, “And you’ve never asked me so I’m not telling you.” She dragged Ahyoung along, “Let’s go in.”

 

They walked inside the coffee shop and immediately recognized a huge banner hanging on the wall even huger than the previous one. They walked towards an empty table near the window and sat there.

 

“Hey, don’t you think you can’t recognized them? It’s been four years though.” Ahyoung said as she looked around to see so many people there. But she had no idea, no, she can’t remember each of them specifically.

 

“I still remember some of them actually.” Junhee stated. “Did you see a boy with green gradient shirt?” she pointed a boy which she meant and Ahyoung nodded, “Why? I don’t think I knew him.” Junhee hummed, “Emm... I think he’s the student council’s chairman. I could tell from his sharp gaze.”

 

“And that girl...” this time Junhee pointed a girl who looks stood out in the middle of crowd because of her tall body. “She was our main basketball player team.”

 

“Hey, guys! What are you doing?” a voice interrupted and they turned. “Jimin!” they said in unison.

 

Jimin gestured someone beside him, and he wrapped his arm around the boy’s shoulder then turned to the two, “He came along with me.”

 

“Hi.” Taehyung waved at them awkwardly.

 

Because his ex was there.

 

“Hi, Taehyung.” Ahyoung smiled at him. But she can’t tell that she made his heart beat so fast by hearing her voice.

 

“Hi, Ahyoung.” Taehyung smiled back at her, although it seems so weird. Taehyung and Jimin sat in front of them, and at that time a waitress came close to their table.

 

“The main event will be held about ten minutes again. So do you want to order something?”

 

“I’m white coffee,” Jimin spoke. “Caramel macchiato for Junhee, and two hot mocca for me and Ahyoung.” Taehyung added.

 

“I’ll repeat your order,” said the waitress. “One white coffee, one caramel macchiato, and two hot mocca. Thank you.” As the waitress had gone Ahyoung turned to Taehyung and she softened. He still remember her favourite drink.

 

Taehyung stared back at her. How could he forget?

 

Junhee and Jimin who saw the former couple just staring each other. Then they chuckled which made both Taehyung and Ahyoung coughed dryly.

 

“By the way, how’s life?” Jimin spoke up to broke the awkward atmosphere there.

 

“It was good actually. Junhee and I lived together. We lived with host family.” Ahyoung said. “Where is it?” Jimin asked. “Around Gwanak, and about fifteen minutes from Gwanak University.” This time, Junhee answered.

 

“Hey, so you guys were from Gwanak University? I just realized it then.”

 

“We were from Gwanak University, but Taehyung was not.” Ahyoung said.

 

“No, I’m from Gwanak University too.” Taehyung argued.

 

Ahyoung turned to him and her eyes widened, “What?!” then she turned to Junhee, demanding an explanation. “Eh, I haven’t told you yet?” Junhee blinked at her.

 

Taehyung chuckled, “Are you surprised? Or... you don’t like if I was on the same college with you?”

 

“H- hey, it wasn’t like that. I just surprised because I didn’t meet you in college.” Ahyoung quickly added.

 

Not long after that the waitress came with their order. After she placed their drink on the table, Jimin thanked her. Then he turned to Ahyoung and Junhee, “Don’t say that you didn’t know Jungkook was on Gwanak too.”

 

This time, Junhee, who was drinking her caramel macchiato choked.

 

What did he just say?!

 

“What?!”

 

“Taehyung told me about that,” Jimin added.

 

Junhee glared at him with her why-you-didn’t-tell-me gaze. When Taehyung about to replied, someone’s voice interrupted. “Hello everyone!”

 

They turned to the stage to see a girl stood there while holding a microphone with a boy beside her. “Welcome to Eumdong Junior High School Of 2011 Alumni Reunion!” the boy and the girl said in unison.

 

Everyone start clapping, then the boy continued. “Wow, tonight all of us looks so different, right?” The girl nodded excitedly, “Ofcourse! We looks more mature, Eric. It’s been four years and we had grown up!”

 

“You were right, Juniel. Tonight will be fun! Meet with old friends, shared experiences, or maybe...flashback?” Eric teased and some girls giggling by hearing that.

 

“Yeah, who knows? And by the way, why we didn’t watch a band performance first, Eric? They are our friends too!”

 

“Okay, Juniel. So, here is it, Kang Minhyuk and friends!”

 

Kang Minhyuk and his friends went up to the stage and claps became louder.

 

“Hello, guys. Long time no see,” Minhyuk spoke. “Do you still remember us? If you remember, you will know this song.” Minhyuk gave a signal to s and they started the melody.

 

“Is it loner?” Jimin guessed. “Maybe,” Taehyung shrugged.

 

“Ah, I remember! They sang it on graduation.” Ahyoung said.

 

While the others enjoy the performance, Junhee kept thinking about Jimin’s words. It was a lie if she said she didn’t care about it.

 

She turned to side and noticed that Taehyung had gone. “Where is Taehyung?” she asked to Jimin and he just shrugged. “Toilet, maybe.”

 

“Whoa, he disappeared like a ghost.” Junhee murmured. “Did he tried to run away?! Because he didn’t tell me about Jungkook?!”

 

Jimin chuckled, “Oh, girl. Poor your narrow-minded.”

 

“Ahyoung!” The three looked up when they heard another voice, but Ahyoung the first who responded. “Hey, Soonjae!”

 

Soonjae smiled brightfully and sat on Taehyung’s seat before. Bae Soonjae was her partner on ballet back then. “Long time no see, right?” Ahyoung nodded, “I miss you, Jae.”

 

“By the way all of ballet’s member had gathered there,” Soonjae pointed a spot where some girls sat. “Do you want to join?” she asked Ahyoung. Ahyoung turned to Junhee who gave her ‘go, I’m okay’ looks and she nodded excitedly. “Let’s go.”

 

Junhee and Jimin were the only stayed behind. Jimin seemed bored too because he hadn’t seen his old friends yet. Now is break time.

 

“By the way Jimin,” Junhee called. “Do you know Jungkook’s department?” she asked carefully, tried to not sound too curious, although she is.

 

“Medical Department,” Jimin said.

 

“What?!” Junhee almost jerked. What in the world...? “Are you kidding me?”

 

“So you were surprised too, like me.” He chuckled, “I couldn’t believe it at first, but after confirming it by myself... I believe.”

 

“How can-“

 

“Hey, Jimin!” this time, Jimin’s friends were coming. There were three boys walked towards their table and before Junhee or Jimin responded, they had sat in front of them.

 

Junhee sighed, she didn’t even finish her sentence. Again.

 

“Oh my god, I’d been waiting you guys,” Jimin whined playfully. His friends laughed, one of them said, “Sorry, we were late because this kid.” He eyed a boy beside him and the object just grinned in response.

 

Junhee turned to Jimin, hoping he will notice that she felt uncomfortable surrounded by boys. But after a few minutes she didn’t get response, so she decided to go silently.

 

Junhee walked towards the table to get a glass of orange juice. She sipped it a bit and then placed it on the table again. She leaned on the wall and looked around, where are Ahyoung and Taehyung?

 

Then she just realized if she hadn’t met her old friends yet. She sighed, “Maybe they had no chance to come,” she said to comfort herself. She took her orange juice and drank it at one gulp, then decided to get some fresh air.

 

When she walked through the door she met a group of boys walked in. She had stood aside, but someone bumped her.

 

“Ouch, sorry,” the boy apologized. “It’s okay.” She replied. That boy continued walking, but the next second Junhee remembered something.

 

Is he his friend?

 

She turned quickly and looked at the boy she had bumped before.

 

God, he was his friend.

 

One more thing. If his friend was here, he must be here too.

 

Her heart started to beat crazily just thinking the fact that he might to be here.

 

Junhee postponed to go and she looked at the group once again to check if he was there.

 

But there’s no sign.

 

She sighed. Maybe he was busy.

 

Back to her first plan to get some fresh air, she went out the caffee. She walked slowly, bewailed her bad luck today. First, abandoned by Ahyoung and Jimin. Second, knowing the fact that he wasn’t coming. Just...good.

 

But hey, she asked to herself, am I really want to meet him?

 

She doubt it.

 

When she saw a chair near the park, she sat there, a spot where no one can see her because of the dim light.

 

“No, don’t serve seafood.”

 

“Yes, fruits are better.”

 

“Don’t worry, I’ll go there tomorrow. Just to make sure if everything is allright.”

 

Junhee stiffened when she heard that voice. She blinked, it’s impossible if she was dreaming now.

 

“Thank you, sorry for bothering you this late.”

 

She held her breath. It was his voice.

 

A voice that she missed a lot. A voice that made her almost going crazy all the time.

 

She really remember that voice.

 

How can she forget his voice?

 

Junhee gulped hard. She tightened her grip at her dress and she took a deep breath. She had to make sure if she was right.

 

Slowly, she turned around.

 

At that time, the boy who phoned someone a while ago looked up.

 

The next second everything like stopped for awhile. His gaze met with hers, and both of them held back their breath, didn’t know what should they do or what should they say.

 

Mix feelings. Yes, mix feelings.

 

Until a soft and familiar voice broke the silence, “Jungkook.....”

 

 

 


 

 

 

Huaaa sorry for late update :((

I just finish my exam and I got some problems yesterday huhu.

Hope you like it guys teehee :D

 

 

By the way, BTS new MV For You.........asdfghjkl Jungkook x))