Thank You

The Vampire Who Became a Rockstar [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Park Minyeo

Jonghyun pulled away from me, smirking. 

'That,' he said, 'was what I meant.' 

I blushed and looked down at my shoes. 'You.... how dare you....' I muttered. 

'You kissed back.' he taunted. I bit my lip. 

'That was because...' I struggled to find an answer. My inner human was showing. 'Because..'

Jonghyun smiled. 'You're so cute when you're speechless,' he said, pulling me into a hug.

He was warm. After all, he was human. He had blood flowing through his veins.

And I'm in love with a human... 

What was wrong with me? How could I even fall in love? With a human, no less? 

But... oh, well. Was this human going to hurt me?

Or would I hurt him, or worse - bring him into my problems with the infected?

No, that's not gonna happen, Minyeo. You'll protect him. 

Jonghyun pulled away, a look of concern on his face. 'What are you thinking about right now?' he asked me.

I shook my head. 'Nothing.' I smiled. 'But, Jonghyun...'

'Yeah?' he answered.

I smiled. 'Thank you.' I said. 'Thank you for being there for me.'

He smiled back at me, and I could tell it was sincere. He ruffled my hair.

'That's what friends are for, right? And now, we're more than just friends.' 

I smiled. More than just friends. Yeah, we were lovers. And for the first time in my life, I was happy with the word love. 

••••

'You two have been getting closer,' said Yonghwa as he munched on his dinner. 'Are you two secretly together or something?' 

I shook my head and tried to keep my cool. 'No,' I said bluntly. 'We're just best friends, that's all.' 

Next to me, Jungshin snickered. 'Funny that you don't have any girl bestfriends, Minyeo,' he said. 

'She's popular at uni,' said Minhyuk. 'I mean, with the girls. And not just because she's one of us.' 

I scoffed. One of them, hmm? They were humans. I wasn't. But then again, we were talking about our social statuses. 

'Min... I've always wanted to ask you this one question.' said Jonghyun. I looked up at him. 

'What is it, Oppa?' I asked. He smiled nervously, scratching his neck. 

'It seems like a really stupid question...' he started. 'But why do you always hide yourself from the sun as if it's fatal?' 

I bit my lip as I heard the question. I looked down. What excuse would I come up with now? 

'Uh....' I stumbled. 'Uh.. I.... it's because...' 

Thankfully, a certain someone covered up for me. 

But, in a very un-Minyeo-like way. 

'She told me that she wants to keep her skin white,' said Minhyuk. 'So she doesn't like being in the sun.' 

I mentally thanked my brother for covering up for me even if it was in a really girly way.

But there was one problem.. Jonghyun knew me too well. He didn't seem to buy it while the others did. 

'Yeah... uh... okay.' he said as he continued eating his food. Yonghwa spoke up. 

'So, guys,' he said, wiping his mouth. 'What do you want our next song to be about?' 

I cleared my throat. 'I have an idea.' I said. 

The leader gestured for me to go on with the suggestion. I took a deep breath and spoke out my mind. 

'So, I'm thinking the song's story line should be like this: there are two best friends. One is a boy, one is a girl. They are both taken. They seem to be happy with their significant other, but then they soon realise that they actually love each other. They won't admit it to each other, so they get really insecure about if the other loves them back or not. Eventually, their boyfriend or girlfriend finds out and they break up, leaving the two best friends alone to comfort each other,' I said. 'I'm thinking that it should end with them still not telling each other, but for them to sing their feelings in the song. I want the song to be full of pain and sadness, and how they feel about this.' 

After I finished speaking,  Minhyuk clapped sarcastically. 'So... are you trying to hurt people's feels?' he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter