Waiting

Call Me Baby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Minzy had to rush in the morning to run a few errands. First, she got some breakfast at McDonalds, then went to the library and dropped off a few DVDs and a book. After that she went grocery shopping for food and beverages. Then, she came home, relaxed, put away her groceries, and listened to some of her favorite songs from her BIGBANG sunbae-nims. Then, she watched a few variety shows and started to doze off when she heard her phone ringing.

 

“Yeoboseyo? Omma?,” she said, sounding kind of groggy.

“You're getting sick again?” her Mom replied.

“No, ma. I'm fine. You just kind of caught me dozing off.”

“Well, if you do get sick, you better take the pills I told you to … and are you dropping by the dance academy later?”

“Okay, ma. Yes, later in a while.”

“Good. I'll see you during the weekends.”

“Great. See you then. Bye, ma.”

 

As soon as she got off the phone with her mom, her stomach started growling. She went to the freezer where she first grabbed the frozen bag of hamburgers and laid it on the kitchen counter. She then thought, she was on diet. So, Minzy decided to put the burgers back in their spot. She grabbed the hot dogs, but realized they were frozen. It was a no go since they weren't thawed out. She looked back into the freezer and then decided that she should just grab some snacks on the way out later to her dance academy.

 

Minzy was about to leave her apartment, when she saw a guy was leaning against the wall with his arms crossed over his chest. She stopped and realised that it was Kai.

 

“Kai?” Minzy muttered softly.

Kai looked up and pushed himself off the wall, an awkward smile crossing his face. Minzy waited for him to walk over and talk to her. But he turned around, and walked down the aisle to the grocery store.

 

She scoffed but impulsively ran after him, stuttering out, “Hey, are you avoiding me right now? Yah! KIM JONGIN from EXO!” He turned abruptly, astounded at her sudden lunge in his direction. “Are you avoiding me? What are you doing in front of my apartment?” Kai stood still, looking a little stunned, and then awkwardly said, “I'm just curious about how you're doing lately.” He looked down trying to avoid her strong gaze but his eyes widened when he saw her s, outlined by her sundress. Then he turned around and bolted, scurrying away from her like a lizard dissappearing into the shadows of the day. How could he …avoiding me for 3 months. Kids, Minzy thought.

 

After she reached at her dance academy, she could hear music played from outside. “They must have started their lesson already,” Minzy thought. When she entered her dance studio, she saw few students were gawking over a guy dancing to an upbeat song. She was surprised to see Kai showed off his dancing to everyone who came to see him. When it came to dancing, he never played hard to get. One had only to say, 'Dance'! and he would dance at once. If there were female fans around, he didn't even wait to be asked. Minzy eyed him carefully, wondering what's wrong with him after few months of avoiding her then came uninvited.

 

Kai stopped dancing and scatterings of applause broke out in the studio. Then, the other students resumed their dance routine when they saw Minzy signalled them to continue their dance lesson. Kai spotted Minzy at the corner of the studio, bowed slightly and walked towards her. He wiped t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter