.12

Release Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

A/N: TRIPLE UPDATE!!!!!!! KINDA. It's a different day but still, they're all pretty close together ._. ANOTHER LONG CHAPTER, WOOOOO!!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

12

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I laughed at Baekhyun’s funny, albeit slightly mean, joke as I walked through the door. “Alright. You guys better get going.”

 

 

Sehun leaned against the doorframe, an air of mystery surrounding him. He said: “We’ll pick you up in three hours.” He looked me up and down. “Wear something pretty.”

 

 

“I’ll try,” I replied. He offered me a small smile and pushed himself off the frame. Footsteps neared us as two girls rushed over, skidding to their halts. Sehun stepped back, into the room, and Kai did the same. Baekhyun and Jongdae looked at each other and stepped aside so the girls were in the centre. “Um…annyeonghaseyo.”

 

 

“Annyeonghaseyo!” the chanted, bowing at ninety degrees. They looked at each other then stepped further into the room. They then stuck out their hands, revealing wrapped boxes in them. 

 

 

“Lee Soon Kyu imnida, but I go by Sunny,” the one with short, blonde hair and chubby cheeks said, grinning brightly. She was kind of cute, on first appearance. She pointed to her friend, “That’s Choi Sooyoung.” They were both pretty. But I knew, straight away, they weren't Kai's type. At least, it looked like they were here for Kai.

 

 

“What do you want?” Kai asked bluntly. They looked at each other yet again, gulped, then stared back at him and Sehun. “Well? Talk, we don’t have all day.”

 

 

“Um…um…we just…” Sunny chewed on her lip, almost exaggeratedly. “W-we wanted to give you these, oppas.” They held the gifts out a little more so that our eyes flew to them. “We…wanted to…to let you know that we think of you as men.” Kai looked at Sehun. Sehun looked at Kai. They then looked at Baekhyun and Jongdae, who were smirking from ear to ear. Then, they looked at me.

 

 

Kai shook his head.

 

 

I sighed.

 

 

“I’m really sorry,” I started, swallowing my fear of confrontations. “But…he’s my boyfriend.” The girls’ eyes widened and they looked at each other then back at me.

 

 

“Which one?” Sooyoung asked.

 

 

Darn.

 

 

Both? No, I couldn’t say that. Kai? It felt too uncomfortable. I linked arms with Sehun and rested my head on him, “Him, my Sehunnie.” I then linked arms with Kai, “Jonginnie is…my…um…”

 

 

“Ex. I’m still in love with her,” he blurted out. “She won't take me back. Yet.” He shrugged nonchalantly. “Still pining over her. Sorry, I’m not interested in you. Leave.” Their eyes widened to the size of golfballs and their jaws dropped.

 

 

I elbowed Kai, “Not so rude.” I then smiled apologetically at the girls. “Mian, Sunny-ssi and Sooyoung-ssi. We’re a…complicated group.” Baekhyun and Jongdae stepped forward, clapping hands on the girls’ shoulders.

 

 

“Yep, sorry, time to go,” Baekhyun chirped, escorting Sunny out the room. Jongdae did the same with Sooyoung. They then waved them off, sniggering at how the girls were still speechless, hurt in their eyes. Once they were gone, I released both Kai and Sehun and palmed my face.

 

 

“Aigoo,” I moaned, rubbing it tiredly. I then smacked Kai’s arm. “I hate it when you make me do that! Why didn’t you just reject them? It wouldn’t be any different from what you usually do.”

 

 

“Yeah, but I’m tired,” he replied, feigning fatigue. “And you’re good at rejecting girls.” Jongdae laughed and Kai winked at me. “You’re a natural, Chipmunk.”

 

 

“Jerk,” I spat at him and walked to my bed. I pointed at Jongdae and beckoned him over. His smile immediately fell. “You promised.”

 

 

“Kunde—”

 

 

“Kim Jongdae!” I barked. He sighed and trudged over to me, starting to help me unpack the rest of my things. Baekhyun walked over and also offered a hand in the process. Sehun merely leaned against the wall and watched us. Kai sat down on Taeyeon’s bed, also watching us.

 

 

“Kunde…” Jongdae started, “Why did you choose Sehun-ah as your fake boyfriend?”

 

 

I shrugged, “No reason.” 

 

 

“Yeah, actually, I want to know, too!” Kai exclaimed, sitting upright. “Why Sehun and not me? What’s wrong with me?”

 

 

“You’re a jerk,” I answered plainly then raised my brows at him. “Duh.” I continued to unpack and added: “Sehunnie is nicer to me, even though he hardly talks.” I glanced at Sehun and he flashed me a little smirk, then passed it on to Kai.

 

 

“But I’m richer!” Kai argued.

 

 

“Richer doesn’t mean better,” I retorted. Then, just to : “And Sehunnie’s hotter than you.” At that, Baekhyun and Jongdae erupted with laughter, and Kai scowled at me.

 

 

 

 

He folded his arms in a sulk and looked away. “Aigoo…” I walked over to him and pinched his cheek. “Jonginnie…I’m just kidding.”

 

 

His eyes flicked back to me, “Jinjja?” I smiled and nodded. “Then am I hotter than Sehun?”

 

 

I smacked his head, “Aish! Stop being so egotistical. You’re all equally attractive to me.” He made a face and I tapped his nose. “But I like you better when you’re nice to me.”

 

 

“Kai isn’t nice to anyone,” Jongdae snorted. “I don’t even know why we’re friends with him.” My eyes slid back to Kai and he looked up at me. I smiled.

 

 

“Aniya~ our Jonginnie can be nice,” I insisted, “when he wants to be. I’ve seen it.”

 

 

“I’m sure you have,” Baekhyun smiled, “in your dreams.” Jongdae chortled and high-five’d him. I rolled my eyes and walked back to my bed, resuming the unpacking. When I looked at Kai, I saw that he was still staring at me. I flashed him a smile to which he returned with his own, rare, genuine one.

 

 

 

 

“Hyung,” Sehun uttered, addressing Jongdae. “Stop laughing and unpack.”

 

 

“Yah, Oh Sehun! Who do you think you’re talking to?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Three hours flew by. The boys had left after helping me unpack but they still weren’t back to collect me. Really, they were the worst timekeepers I knew. Not that I knew many people anyway, but my statement remained grounded.

 

 

“What about this one?” Taeyeon asked and I looked over to where she stood, in front of her wardrobe. Tiffany was also there, only in her undergarments. Taeyeon held up a pink dress. It was floral and what I’d usually go for but I still shook my head. “Eotteoke~ Nara-ya, you have to pick one.”

 

 

“I’m not good at this,” I admitted, shrugging somewhat dejectedly. “I don’t usually try to look pretty…I don’t try to look anything.” I just smiled, because Chanyeol told me I was pretty when I smiled.

 

 

“Taengoo,” Tiffany threw a black dress at her. “Give her this. Little black dresses never fail.” Taeyeon beckoned me over and I obliged. She stood me in front of the tall mirror she’d brought with her. 

 

 

“This is perfect,” she said as she held up the black, lace dress. It had mid-length, lacey sleeves and a high neck of the same material. The dress was short, far shorter than anything I’d ever worn before, stopping only a few inches below the . 

 

 

“I-I don’t know…” I mumbled, my face heating up.

 

 

“Ani, you’re wearing it,” Taeyeon concluded. “Put it on.” After a few minutes of struggling, I finally gave in and put the dress on. The two girls didn't let me look in the mirror until they finished my hair and makeup.

 

 

Ten minutes passed and they finally turned me around.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Ta-da,” Taeyeon sang, her voice sounding relatively sweet to my ears. If we were in a different situation, I’d ask to hear her sing some more. “You look ridiculous.”

 

 

“Mwo?” my eyes widened.

 

 

“In a good way,” she clarified. “You look ridiculously hot.” I blushed brightly and studied myself in the mirror. I was still me, just a bit…done up. It didn’t look fake, surprisingly, but it did feel…unfamiliar.

 

 

“Wah, Nara-ya…” Tiffany breathed, her eyes wide as she took me in. “You’re literally a bombshell.”

 

 

I blushed again and shook my head dismissively, “Hajima~~” 

 

 

Taeyeon rolled her eyes, “Just accept the damn compliment.” She looked me up and down. “You have an S line…and an X line. I’m jealous.” She turned to Tiffany. “Let’s get ready, too.”

 

 

I lend them a hand in the process. Being with the two girls gave me a foreign warm feeling. I was used to always being with the boys, never doing or talking about things like hair and makeup. Except with Baekhyun, regarding eyeliner. 

 

 

He was the king of eyeliner.

 

 

But other than that, the boys didn’t care about things like that. They cared about, as stereotypical as it sounded, sports and cars and video games. And music, of course. I never minded because I liked most of those things, too. I was never really a girly girl but maybe that was because I’d never been given the opportunity to be one.

 

 

“And….done,” Taeyeon looked satisfied with her job on Tiffany. They checked themselves out in the mirror before turning to me, expectant looks on their faces. “Well? How do we look?”

 

 

“Uh, really pretty,” I answered. She made a face. “y?” She grinned and clicked her fingers at me.

 

 

“That’s what we were going for,” she chuckled. There was a knock on the door. “Come in!” The door opened and in came girls I’d never before seen. Taeyeon and Tiffany squealed, rushing over to the newcomers and hugging them with familiarity and fondness. It was easy to see that they were all close friends and, all of a sudden, I felt very…intrusive.

 

 

I swallowed my fear and spoke up, “A-annyeonghas-seyo…” They stopped laughing and chatting and turned to me. Tiffany walked over to me and threw an arm around me.

 

 

“Girls, this is Kim Nara. Taeng’s roommate,” she announced, squeezing my shoulder. “Nara-ya, this is Hyoyeon,” she pointed at a pretty blonde in a revealing pink dress, “Kwon Yuri,” a girl with curly brown hair, “and Im Yoona.” She finally pointed at a beautiful girl with long, straight hair and ruby lips. “We’ve all been friends since we were kids.”

 

 

“Big group,” I commented. I then bowed, “It’s nice to meet you all.”

 

 

“Nara’s from Gwangmyeong,” Taeyeon told them.

 

 

Yuri beamed, “IKEA?” I chuckled and nodded. She smiled wider. “Cool. Let’s be comfortable with each other, Nara-ya. Ne?”

 

 

“Ah, ne,” I agreed. I was relieved that they were nice girls. “You all look pretty.”

 

 

“Aniya~ You’re prettier,” Yoona replied, winking at me. “Let’s get going then, shall we?”

 

 

“I need to let loose and kiss boys!” Hyoyeon exclaimed, grinning devilishly. The other girls laughed and Yoona nudged her.

 

 

“Don’t get carried away,” she chided. “We don’t want a repeat of last time.” Hyoyeon shrugged carelessly and turned around to walk out. But instead, she walked straight into Kai’s chest. He looked down and a smirk marked his face. He was interested already.

 

 

“Hi, there,” he said. “Kim Kai. Nice to meet you.” She went completely red and staggered back. He raised a brow. “Do you have a name…or can I call you mine?” I burst out laughing, as did the other boys. 

 

 

“Don’t mind Kai, he’s a cheeseball,” I said, walking over to my friends. I instantly felt more at ease. I looked the bronzed male up and down. “You look handsome.” He smirked. “Don’t let it get to your head.”

 

 

“Too late,” Baekhyun said behind him. “Look, it’s already swelling. I wonder if I poke it with a pin, it’ll pop.” Jongdae laughed and nudged him, silently congratulating him for the joke. His eyes then bulged out.

 

 

“WOAH! Nara-ya, when did you get…get…y!?” he exclaimed, seemingly absolutely baffled by my change in appearance. My face felt hot all of a sudden and I laughed nervously.

 

 

“Aniya~ I’m still the same,” I tried to dismiss his comment. “Let’s get going, eung?”

 

 

“Omo,” Baekhyun’s eyes also went wide. Even Sehun was staring with his mouth slightly agape. My face was now unbearably hot and probably equally as red. I hated blushing with a passion — it made me look like a child. “Omo, omo, omo. Kim Nara…why are you so…grown up all of a sudden?”

 

 

“Eung, you should stop,” Kai said as he leaned in close. My eyes widened and I in a breath when I saw how close his lips were to mine. He stopped just inches away. “Before I get interested.” He smirked again and stepped back. “Ka-ja.”

 

 

 

 

“Omo,” Yoona whispered. The boys left the room as one but before I could follow, my heart in my throat, Yuri yanked me back. “What the — he’s the talk of the campus. Th-that was Kim Kai! The Kim Kai!”

 

Please log in to read the full chapter