Heartless Love

Moon Bound

~ Beep Beep ~ 

Seohyun stirred away. Her newly awaken tired face switched to an confused expression as she did not recognise her surroundings. She ly seeing the same thing- forest and a cement road. She turned to her phone which was demanding attention. She took her phone from her pocket and without seeing the name she answered her phone. 

"Seo! I have called you ten times. Where are you? I can't keep stalling for long. Something happened. Your oppa and unnie need you to come home. They said it's an emergency" Hyoyeon rambled on the phone without taking a breath. 

"I'm...uhh..." Seohyun found herself speechless not able to comprehend her own situation let alone come up wih an excuse. 

"Seo, are you okay?" Hyoyeon became worried about Seohyun as she knew Seohyun always had control over a situation. 

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'll be home soon. Tell them I just left" Seohyun held onto a tree that her head was laying on. She was overwhelmed with feelings. 'What happened to me? Did they do anything to me?' Then he came into her mind and her heart ached at the thought of him. 'Luhan...was he even real? Was I dreaming?'. Seohyun found herself touching her lips remembering their last kiss filled with passion and possibly 'love?'. 

"Seo! Seriously are you okay? What happened?" Hyoyeon shouted over the phone becoming more worried of her friend's situation. 

"Yes! Yeah. Don't worry. I'm fine. You woke me up" Seohyun said with a grin on her face that could be felt on the other side of the phone. Hyoyeon smiled and face palmed herself for being oblivious to the obvious. It was early in the morning it would make sense that Seohyun would be asleep and she needs as much sleep as possible on the weekends because she tends to pull all nighters during the school week. 

"Oh sorry Seo. Gosh. You had me worried there. Anyways I'll text your unnie and say your on your way home. Bye" And with that Hyoyeon hanged up and Seohyun sighed in relief. If Hyoyeon believed her then she must have been good at covering it up as Hyoyeon was the one person who saw right through her. In the midst of Seohyun's thoughts about Luhan she heard the sound of a vehicles wheels coming towards her. She turned in shock because she was completely vunerable to the serial killer that might kidnap her. Was made her even more anxious was the style of the car. It was a limited edition Mercedez that stood out because a car such as that belonged on the smooth concrete road in the city not on the uneven paths on the outskirts. The car stopped right in front of her and Seohyun followed her legs and ran into the woods. Not getting too far a voice inside the car came out. 

"Seohyun? Is that you" The voice was recognisable and was a relief to Seohyun. She turned seeing the male in the driver's seat of the car and she automatically smiled and thanked the stars she was so lucky sometimes. 

"Yesung oppa?" Seohyun walked towards the car slightly bending to get a better view of the male. 

"What are you doing out here?" His left eye brow raised as curiously sparked in himself. 

"I...I was just..." Seohyun was not prepared to give an excuse while the male chuckled at her looking similar to a child being caught. 

"Alright. Come up with a better excuse later. Want a ride?" Yesung said with a warm smile on her face. Seohyun nodded her head and stepped closer to the car while Yesung leaned on the opposite side to open the door for her. The car ride coming out of the woods was quiet as Seohyun had a lot on her mind that she couldn't focus on her present situation. 

"So, what are you doing out here? Looking like that? And don't lie or else I will tell your oppa and unnie. I know they wouldn't let you go out here alone." Yesung spoke with interest stealing glances at the girl next to him. Yesung was 22 years old, the same age as Yuri and close to the Seo family. He is partners in business with Leetuk and has known Seohyun since she was young. To Seohyun, Yesung was like an older brother to her and to Yesung, Seohyun was his little sister that always let her get away with anything. 

"I was camping" Seohyun murmured to make herself more believable as she peeked a glance at Yesung through her hair. Yesung had his eyes on the road but his full attention was on his 'little sister' next to him. He exhaled a heavy sigh knowing full well that Leetuk and Yuri forbid Seohyun to go camping because when the accident that caused their parents death occured, the Seo family were on their way camping. Now camping just brought terrible memories and left Leetuk and Yuri scarred among other reasons - some of which Seohyun is not aware of. 

"Seo, you know hyung and Yuri don't like it when you go camping. It's for your own safety." Yesung softly scolded. Seohyun slowly thought about his argument while trying to come up with her own. 'I'm old enough' but Seohyun pushed it aside knowing that Leetuk and Yuri still see their 5 year old sister.

"I know, but this is the last time. I promise. Please don't tell them" Seohyun turned to Yesung in her seat and placed her hands up to him to plead with her rounded eyes. Yesung glanced at her and already he was soften.

"Alright. It will be our little secret" Yesung looked towards Seohyun's eyes showing her that he is serious. Yesung was indeed trustworthy and this wouldn't be the first time Yesung had covered for Seohyun. Then the realisation and curiosity hit her once again, the first time being when she laid eyes on the car driving in the middle of no where.

"Then what are you doing driving on the outskirts of the city" Seohyun grinned aware that rarely people go into the forest. Due to the forest being so massive and the city was unthoughtfully built at the centre, the city included their own airport for anyone who wants to travel outside the city. If the people were to travel by vehicle, it would take them days to reach civilisation. 

"I was doing a favour for hyung. There's traffic in the city so I took the outside roads instead" He carefully explained. Seohyun being content with his answer turned her attention to the window seeing the trees - nature at their best. 

"Don't you love the serenity of the forest? You can't blame me for always wanting to go in it" Seohyun clicked a button to let the fresh air in and the breeze flowing through her hair. Yesung chuckled at the girl ressembling an excited child sitting next to him. The wind caused loud volumes entering the car. Finally getting annoyed Yesung clicked a button on his side to slide Seohyun's window back up. This caused her to glare at him. 

"You know that I detest the forest. It's a waste of space. We could build on it. Our companies can become more profitable. If it wasn't for those damn strict regulations" He complained earning a smile for Seohyun. He ressembled her brother. Both thought of business before anything - this was the life Seohyun grew up with being use to it and knowing nothing could change it. 

"Regulations?" Seohyun asked never knewing that such a thing exist.

"Yes, a chinese businessman Wu Yifan is close with some Korean politicians. He persuaded them to set up the regulation to protect the forest." Yesung's face showed annoyance being the determined powerful businessman that he is, not being able to get what he wants due to someone more powerful than he was. Seohyun stayed quiet for the rest of the trip. She watched the trees change to skyscrapers and the dirt road turn into cemented streets which was densley populated. Seohyun felt an ache in her heart. But she couldn't place it, she couldn't understand why she felt a part of her was left in the forest. 'Why do I feel so empty?'. 

"Where should I drop you?" Yesung asked being his responsibility to take care of Seohyun but also to help her not get caught. 

"Home. I told oppa and unnie, I'm staying at Hyoyeon's house. She told them I'm on my way home." Seohyun explained earning a grin from Yesung. 

"I'm so proud. You have become sneak and sly... I'm slightly worried" Yesung chuckled while driving into their drive way. Both him and Seohyun got out of the car and earned a confused look from her. 

"I need to talk to hyung" Yesung told her. They walked up to the entrance to be greeted by Yuri with her arms crossed. 

"Seo, what took you so long? Where are your things?" With the bombarded questions form Yuri, everything came back to Seohyun. 'The mansion, the wolves... Luhan'. Her eyes rounded while the two adults looked at her in concern. 

"I...I need to...umm...get my things from Hyoyeon...I forgot" Seohyun stuttered while running her hands through her hair. 'Stupid Seohyun, how could you forget!'. She ran out without another word while Yuri stood still worried. 

"Nice to see you too Yuri. Where's hyung? I hear it's his day off" Yesung stood in front of Yuri blocking her view of her sister and catching her attention. 

"Hey Yesung" Yuri smiled back while leading him through the mansion. 

"Oppa just went out. He will be back shortly." Yuri said as she lead him to the garden away from the employees. 

"Now tell me. What is going on?" Yuri demanded. 

"Well, we partnered with Kim Incorportations a technolo-" Yesung spoke with his hands in his pockets. 

"No, you know what I mean. What is going on? You know I have the right to know" Yuri coldly spoke which sent shivers down Yesung's spine. She did have a point. Out of all the girls, Yuri was standing on rightful grounds - she should know. 

"The light... the moonlight. It's getting stronger everytime the night to be moon bounded comes." Yesung told her quietly. 

"Oppa has been looking quiet worried especially at night. What's so important about it? Why do those mutts need it?" Yuri questioned. Leetuk only told Yuri only a hand full of information. Since there had been no reports of Lycans for over a decade, there was no need for the Seo family's life to revolve around it. 

"It's not like any kind of moonlight. It's special. The wolves need it to gain more power. With more power they can transform any time they want, at night and during the day without pain. Also they also gain more strength. The moonlight is getting more stronger and it can reach further... which means more wolves gain more power." He spoke cautiously, stealing glances at Yuri's concentrated face. She lead him to her study. He continued hearing nothing from her.

"We need to get rid of the wolves before they can multiply, gain strength and come after us, all of us" He spoke with determination looking ahead.

"What do we have to do?" Yuri asked with desperation as they walked into her study. 

On one side of the wall was a portrait of the Seo family, including their parents, teenage Leetuk, young Yuri and baby Seohyun. Yuri pressed a button her table which caused the portait to flip revealing a map of the forest with notes. Leetuk gave Yuri the job to track reportings of wolves hoping this will lead them to the hideout.  

"We find the wolves, we find their moon bounded wolf. We kill him or her whoever they may be and the rest fall - like dominos. I found road tracks, foot prints and claw prints on the outskirt of town early this morning before going into the city. There seems to be atleast 10 of them." Yesung pointed where he saw this.

"They have been hiding for hundreds of years. They are not that reckless. Those mutts either did it on purpose or were somehow desperate and became careless." She thought while both of them were staring at the map.

"Good work. We need to find out why" A voice from the door spoke. Yuri and Yesung turned to Leetuk who was leaning against the door.

"The wolves are up to something for a group to gather and we need to find it out" Leetuk spoke with authority earning nods from the youngers in front of him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What are you doing?!" Seohyun screamed at construction workers who were cutting down the trees to the ground. Not even leaving a stump.

"Stop this! There are regulations!" She continued screaming, running onto the site and blocking the workers from doing their jobs.

"We have authorisation from Mr Wu Yifan himself to take down these trees" The head of the contruction site came to her pointing his pen at a clipboard he was holding to a signature as proof. Seohyun looked with horror. She needed those trees because some of those trees had the first marks showing her which way to the Xi mansion. Without them it is impossible to know which way to go. 

"No no no. I need to find him" Seohyun ran to the trees piled in the corner trying to find the marks. Digging through dirt caught people's attention. 

"Hyung, she remembers. The serum wasn't strong enough" A male spoke to another in a black car with tinted windows. The two men watching Soehyun from a distant. 

"Don't worry. EXO found the marks she made and now they are gone. All we need to do is get rid of her" Kris spoke to Suho in his passenger seat. 

"She's young and you made a promise to Luhan. Let's just give her a stronger dose of the serum" Suho suggested feeling pity for the girl digging in dirt as tears rolled from her eyes. 

"Sure Suho. We can go up to her in front of everyone and stab her with an injection, not before she can scream to everyone what we truly are" Kris sacastically replied causing Suho to roll his eyes. 

"What do you suggest then?" Suho asked his alpha as they both watched Seohyun being dragged off the site. 

"Wait for her to be alone. Then we strike." Kris replied calmy as he rolled up his window and drove off.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xi mansion

"Luhan, you need to eat. You have been doing so well. You have become stronger" Sehun spoke to the boy sitting on the window sill looking lifeless.

"You know Sehun. I keep thinking that if I just stare at this window long enough. I will see her coming" Luhan spoke weakly, giving a small smile of hope. His eyes never leaving the end of the valley. Footsteps where headed to the room where Luhan and Sehun were. It revealed to be Tao. 

"What is it Tao?" Sehun spoke, in a voice similar to Luhan's. 

"I just came here to tell you that the girl, she was picked up in a car. Chen and I followed the car. It seems she was dropped off at her home. Also Xiumin, Kyungsoo, Suho and Kris have located the marks she made of the trees...and have cut the trees at the start of the trail... she can never find this place again" Tao spoke with a hint of regret in his voice seeing the lifeless boy slumped on the window sill. Luhan heard every word and took all his energy left not to lash out at Tao, knowing they are doing this for his own good. Luhan just remained quiet as the two boys looked at him feeling pity for him. Sehun exhaled a loud sigh and signalled for Tao to leave the room with him.

"Tao, can't we do something? I can't stand seeing Luhan like this. What if he was actully in love with the girl?" Sehun pleaded while following behind Tao. 

"There's no denying that Luhan and the girl are in love" A voice at the other end of the corridor spoke. 

"Then shouldn't we do something?" Sehun's serious expression caught the boys expression. 

"There's nothing we can do. We have to follow Kris' orders" Chen spoke but it didn't persuade Sehun who rolled his eyes thinking there should be more to it. 

"Is Luhan still moping over tha girl?" The three's attention was set on Chanyeol who asked the question joining them in the hallway. 

"What do you think?" Sehun replied coldly running his hand through his hair in frustration. Out of all of EXO except for Kris, Sehun was close to Luhan - like brothers. It absolutely killed him the most when they had to seperate. 

"Sehun, we have to follow Kris' orders" Baekhyun softly scolded the younger. His words sparked something in Chanyeol who showed a wide grin unlike the others who frowned at him. 

"We have to follow Kris' orders right?" Chanyeol asked the others while they nodded confused at his point. 

"And our orders were to keep Luhan safe" Chanyeol continued slowly earning annoyed expressions from all Tao, Sehun, Chen and Baekhyun. 

"Yes, we all heard Kris. This is the reason why Luhan is depressed, Sehun is annoyed and the rest of us are worried" Chen spoke the obvious as if the boy's point was useless. 

"Our orders were to keep Luhan safe. Nothing about the girl... I mean who says that we can't keep Luhan safe and he still can see the girl" Chanyeol's huge smile of accomplishment never left his face. The other's stared at him then at each other, telepathically deciding if they are on the same page. 

"And defy Kris' orders?" Chen spoke obviously against what Chanyeol was indirectly suggesting. 

"It's not technically defying Kris' orders. We still our following him" Tao spoke earning a fist bump. Tao came and stood next to Chanyeol while the others stared at each other. Sehun came next to Tao, joining them. Baekhyun was about to join them when he was pulld back by Chen. 

"Are you guys crazy? Luhan is too important to our existence" Baekhyun tried to reason with the boys. 

"That's all Luhan ever was. There is no denying that we care about him but it seems like we care about our selves more. Luhan is a person. He deserves to be able to have a life. While we are off enjoying the world, he is locked up in this depressing mansion. What do you think he has been feeling? Alone. Lonley. He deserves to fall in love, to be free. We have been so selfish. Luhan has been moon bounded and none of us can imagine the pain he goes through, just to make us stronger. He deserves his happiness, he deserves to live. Even if that means being with that girl. It's the least we can do  for him." Sehun's speech effected the four others. They couldn't look in his eyes realising what they have unintentionally done. After a moment of clarity they all looked up and nodded to each other. 

"Okay, I agree. But we have to do this quietly. This stays between us." Chen spoke with an cautious expression on their face. 

"Now lets go get Luhan's girl" Chanyeol raised his voice and his hand as if he is charging in war. He ran down the hall but stopped realising he wasn't being followed. 

"That doesn't look cool Chanyeol" Tao spoke holding onto his shoulders. Tao, Chanyeol, Chen, Sehun and Baekhyun went onto the dried valley surrounding the mansion. They transformed into wolves and ran into the forest. While Luhan still sitting on the window sill felt along. Finally able to cry. He placed his knees in front of his face and silently cried.