Everybody dies but not everybody lives

Moon Bound

forest_7.jpg

"That was insane" Kai stopped running and held onto a tree to help him stand. 

"Yeah, I am so light headed. We must have ran for miles" Baekhyun fell to the ground with Taeyeon landing on him. Her head faced down on his chest as they both tried to catch their breath. 

"Happy Seohyun? We saw the mansion, we went inside and we ran a marathon" Kai clearly annoyed. He faced the direction and found trees, plants and woodland creatures but not Seohyun.

"Seohyun?" Kai raised his voice causing Taeyeon and Baekhyun to rise. They all looked around in search for the girl.

"She was behind us right? Sh---she did ran out of the ma --ma --mansion right" Kai couldn't speak normally. All three panicked as they turned around. Their surroundings provided evidence that she may not have left the mansion.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

"Don't worry, I won't hurt you" The young man gave a weak smile but no matter his attempt, Seohyun could still see his depression past his handsome, adorable face. Seohyun hesitantly nodded and followed him. He walked with confidence and his posture was of a proper old-fashioned gentleman. Seohyun followed him from behind and walked down the streaky hallways with walls of mold due to the damp nights. She tilted her head only to be greeted by the bright light at the end of the hallway. Immediately after entering one of the rooms he scavenged through the drawers of rotting furniture. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTkuG202d7QpR7OO7f8Crq

"It should be here" He whispered almost seeming he was talking to himself. He turned over papers and objects in the drawer as if he knew what he was looking for. 

"What are you looking for?" Seohyun crossed her arms for warmth feeling the cool air through the cracks of the windows. 

"Here" The guy took out a roll of bandages. He unrolled it and then looked at her, figuring his next task. 

"Do you know how to use this?" The guy said quietly avoiding eye contact as he streched out the roll to her. Due to being from a rich family, Seohyun was treated like a princess and things such as medication, cooking and cleaning were unimportant in her life. Seohyun became embaressed - the girl who could do anything, didn't know how to use a bandage. She sat her self down on the large window sill. The man couldn't help but have a small smile realising she didn't know how to handle a bandage. She ended up knotting the bangage and it surrounded around her. The man took a step forward and kneeled down in front of her. He rolled up the bandage. 

"Could you --umm -you know" He stammered at he motioned to her left leg with a cut currently bleeding. She relunctedly moved her leg forward for him to wrap the bandage around. He gently placed the bandage around her leg and lightly tied the first knot, then made a tighter second knot, careful not to hurt her. Seohyun slightly moved her leg while he focused on his work. 

"Oh, sorry. Did I hurt you?" The man asked with a worried tone. 

"Oh no, I'm fine" Seohyun reassued him. He knelt and continued to secure the bandage. 

"There, finished" He stood and moved away from her still avoiding eye contact. He used all of his courage to face her. She noticed his round brown eyes glisen in the sunlight and to Luhan the sunlight shined behind her, portraying her as an angel. He awed at the beautiful girl in front of him. The moment was cut short when Seohyun's phone rang. 

"Annyeong?" Seohyun waited for the person on the other line. Smiling at the thought of signal being available in the forest.

"Seohyun! Where are you?" Taeyeon screamed on the other line causing Seohyun to distance herself from the phone. 

"I'm--" Seohyun was interrupted by the frantic Taeyeon. 

"You are not in the mansion! Are you?" Taeyeon losing her voice due to her outburst. 

"Unnie, you will never-" Seohyun was again interrupted, not by Taeyeon but by the young man. He covered his hand on noticing she was about to talk about him. He shook his head making Seohyun give in to him. 

"What?" Taeyeon's voice spelt impatience. 

"I just got...I ran out of breath so I'm far behind you guys" Seohyun thought quick on her feet. 

"Okay, we will come back to find you" Seohyun could already imagine Taeyeon giving hand signals to Baekhyun and Kai to go back. 

"Not it's fine. I can find my way out better than you guys" 

"Okay, just hurry. We have school in an hour" Taeyeon reminded her. 

"Yeah school...school, SCHOOL! I forgot" The events that happened the previous nights clogged Seohyun's mind making her forget school. Seohyun faced palmed herself realising her situation. 

"I'm will meet you at school, remember our bags are in the large vase at the side of my house. My sister and brother won't see you" Seohyun reminded her. They placed their bags there - they usually snuck out which lead them to learn the ways to sneak out of the house and little details to secure not getting caught such as the bags in the vase. By placing their bags in the vase they would not need to go home, just grab there bags and explain to their parents/ brother/ sister that they left early. 

"Okay, I'll grab yours too. Just go straight to school. Seo, be careful. okay?" Taeyeon still felt frantic as her bestfriend was left in the desolate, massive area of land. 

"Yh I will, thanks Unnie. See you at school" Seohyun placed down the phone seeing the man leaned against a piece of furniture with his hands in his pockets. 

"Are you leaving?" She could sense disappointment in his tone of voice again avoiding eye contact. 

"Yes, but I will be back" She rushed to leave the room, then a thought occured to her. She raced back into the room finding the man placing the bandage back in it's place.

"What's your name?" The man turned around. The gentleman composure  still in tact. 

"Luhan" He gave a warm smile. 

"I'm Seohyun" She gave her cute smile wanting to impress him - hoping he would think she was attractive. She waved and ran down the stairs until there was no more steps. She grabbed a broken fragment of glass on the floor and she ran out the door, down the steps and across the valley. 

"Seohyun" Luhan watched from the window as he saw her figure becoming smaller. He smiled to himself not knowing why his temperature suddenly rised. 

"Luhan!" Luhan frightened, turned to the owner of the voice. 

"Kris" Luhan saw the tall man lean against the doorway with a smile. 

"How are you doing kid?" Kris said as he rolled in a luggage. 

"Good. How's business and EXO?" Luhan opened the luggage finding clothes, water, food and medicine - the usual necessities for a basic human being to live. Kris didn't live with Luhan but merely visited. Kris had other responsibilities - his business and pack which made him very busy and always on the move. Although, Luhan was important to Kris as he raised him like his own son. Kris would visit and even spend a couple of days at the Xi mansion to keep Luhan company and bring things Luhan needed. 

"They are under my control so ofcourse they are good" Kris let out a small chuckle as he ruffled the boys head. 

"How is it here?" Kris walked to the window - by this time Seohyun was far into the forest. 

"Alright" Luhan smiled. 

"Why were you looking out the window? Haven't you already got use to this view?" Kris causally sat in the same place as Seohyun. 

"Just something new today." Luhan looked at the new clothing Kris brought him. Kris shrugged off Luhan's answer when he remembered something. 

"Luhan, did you do your job? You know how important your job is" A stern voice coming from the male, depicting a father chiding his son. 

"Yes Kris. I know and I did" Luhan's attention on the clothing and food. Then Luhan came across another roll of bandage - Seohyun. 

"Kris, what if someone was to find this place?" This caught Kris off guard as he remembered a night of horror and shook his head as if it could rid of the dreadful memory he kept locked in his mind. 

"Don't worry Luhan, no one will find this place. This forest is massive.No one has come across this mansion since it was left... except for HER" He spoke of knowledge as his eyes were set on the thousands of acres of woodland streching from one sea to another. Saddness depicting heartbreak filled his eyes as memories of her came back and overwhelmed him. The power of love even too power for the cold Kris.  

"What if someone was to find me? Then I would have friends and I could--" Luhan's voice showed hope as Kris shook his head and disagreed instantly. 

"Luhan, we have been over this before. No one can find you. If they do then you will be in danger. Your parents were good people who had an unfortunate fate. They trusted me with you and I will honour that. No one must come in and you must not go out." Luhan stood ready to face Kris. 

"What about that girl...her?" Luhan spoke. This statement struck deep further in Kris' heart causing him to turn on his ice cold interior. 

"The one from years ago" Luhan tried to catch Kris' eye. 

"I know who you are talking about Luhan, don't ever mention her again!" Kris' voice boomed through the room, scaring Luhan. 

"And if anyone was to come here, I will kill them. A human scent can be detected and can never get past me" Luhan felt pain as he knew he could not see Seohyun again. Something about her made him feel so alive, finally made him feel like an actual person. 'only if they stay long' Luhan thought. He could smell a hint of Seohyun's scent in the air but she didn't stay long enough so the scent was not that powerful. Kris left the room leaving Luhan devastated.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 lycee-albert-einstein-n031013-2.jpg

"Ms Seo, cutting a bit close there. Aren't you?" The teacher at the entrace was about to close the gates.

"Sor--r--Sorry Ms. It will not happen again" Seohyun tried to get her respiration to normal as she bowed mutiple times to the teacher. Seohyun ran down the corridor to her homeroom where Taeyeon was waiting for her. 

Wor-Wic-Community-College-Classroom1.jpg

Taeyeon seated at the usual spot, third row on the far left. Taeyeon waved her hand to get Seohyun's attention. 

"Seo, I thought you were gonna be late. Here's your things" Taeyeon placed her bag on the desk. 

"Thanks" Seohyun collapsed on the seat next to Taeyeon in exhaustion. 

"I never thought you would get out of that forest" Taeyeon stated, obviously impressed. 

"Yhh, I just used the sun as a compass - the sun rises in the east" Seohyun stated while pointing her finger up remembering when her family use to go camping. 

"Well, eventhough that mansion is creepy. It was fun. Why don't we go there again?" Taeyeon's suggestion made Seohyun look down at her bandage - Luhan. 

"Yhh, we just got creeped out at first, you think you can find it again?" Baekhyun came from behind with Kai next to him. 

"What? You guys were pleading me to leave that place" Seohyun's confusion made the other's chuckle. 

"It was scary at first but then it was a thrill. We realised that place is so big, it could be our new hang out and we could host a party there - it will be awesome" Seohyun suddenly panicked thinking about Luhan. The panick in his face when she was about to mention him in her phone call to Taeyeon flashed in her head. 

"I don't think we could find it again. Plus it was my omma's inspiration for her story. Let's leave it as it is." The other three looked down, Kai noticing her bandage. 

"Seo, where did you get that? What happened?" Baekhyun and Taeyeon also stared at her bandage in fear. 

"I fell over on a root. I went to the nurse first and got it bandaged" Seohyun thought again on her feet. The others felt guilty so they smiled and kept silence as class started.