A dead man who never died.

Moon Bound

c80e0a99c34eadf2416e4899e3bf1a2b.jpg

The front door too weak opened easily. 

"Omo, this place is huge" Seohyun entered the mansion. She twirled around looking, looking at every corner of the entrance hall imagining living there. 

"Seo, we shouldn't be here" Taeyeon peeped her head behind Baekhyun. 

"But you've got to admit, this place is really something" Kai stood beside Seohyun also staring at the beautiful interior design, of the mansion. Although there was dirt and leaves that wandered from outside it didn't effect the beauty of the mansion. Baekhyun with Taeyeon holding him from behind stood next to Kai realising the hidden beauty of the house. 

"I agree, you forget that a massacre happened here" Baekhyun spoke out earning a tighter grip from Taeyeon. 

"Okay, you guys saw the inside. Now lets get out of here" Taeyeon whispered earning no attention from the other three. The door swung shut making the ground around vibrate. The four jumped where hearning the large bang of the door. Taeyeon looked at Seohyun with a pleading face. 

"Don't worry unnie. First there is no telling that the story is real and second it's the wind. Some windows are open." Seohyun rushed to her bestfriend's side rubbing her arms to calm her. 

"That reminds me Seo, how did your mother know of this place and the story" Kai questioned making Seohyun's heart skip a beat. The thought never crossed her mind. How could her mother have known of this place? How would her mother know of the story? It wouldn't be right if her mother was to fabricate a story when the actual setting is real. Fear started to rule over her friends in the sudden realisation. 

"Maybe my mother came across this place and maybe it inspired her to make a story of it" Seohyun calmed them down when she too, was frightened. The attention of the four was towards the sudden creak of the floor above and the birds suddenly alerted flew away. All of the sudden, shock written on their faces when a loud thud was heard from above. Taeyeon, Baekhyun and Kai's first instinct was to run. They raced out of the door with Baekhyun holding onto Taeyeon's hand and Kai following behind. Seohyun stood on the steps frozen. Part of her wanted to follow the natural instincts of a human being but a part of her was pulled into the curiosity. She knew after this, her friends would never return. It was her last chance to figure the story of the house. In some way she felt closer to her mother being there. She hesitantly took steps up the stairs. She slowly wondered through the mansion finding herself in a maze of rooms and stairs. When she went up a level another world existed. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTlwRwNapJMssAWiDdsU1A

Seohyun was too intrigued by the mysterious background of the mansion to care for her well being. The floor beneath her slowly creaked but she was to immersed in her findings. She walked down the corridor, when the corridor ended she turned finding another corridor and a massive amount of rooms to explore. Saddness came upon her when she realised she would never see the entire building for the mansions was too big. 

18jtpw4w5k98ejpg.jpg

old-reception-hall.jpg?w=599&h=435

Seohyun made her way to what appears to be a ballroom or possibly just a really big room. The tiny details added to the room's appeal. The sound of her heels on the floor echoed through the enitre room. She came to the conclusion that it possibly was a ballroom. The sound of her heels on the floor pleased her. Her friends may think she is crazy because she gives into her curiosity too much - thanks to her child-like behaviour ignorig her safety. Seohyun couldn't believe that no one cared for the place or continued to look after it. 

"Why did anybody leave this place? Why didn't anyone take this place? Well whoever built it, obviously must of loved this place. It's too beautiful to neglect." Seohyun spoke to herself as she imagined the ballroom in a good condition, a band playing in the corner, tables on the sides of the room and people sitting, eating, chatting and dancing on the floor in the centre. She imagined herself not in her uniform but in a large dress fit for the ball. 

seohyun42.jpg

In her imagination she stepped on the dance floor and turned too see an gentleman bowing down and holding out his hand. Seohyun curtsied towards him while holding her dress. She took his hand and danced the waltz. It's seemed rehearsed as everyone danced in the right rhythm and moves in sync. Her eyes were closed as she continue to imagine the celebration party. Her mind drifted off to her mother - the reason why she was there the first place. Then her confusion and anxiety came. She remembered her last moments with her mother as she saw her parents in the car in the front with her sibilings at the back and a huge truck headed towards them. Seohyun shifted her mindset when she returned to reality. She realised the supposed imaginery hand she was holding became warm as if she could feel the warmth of blood and the thump of a pulse. She opened her eyes and in that moment she chose to follow her instincts. She stood back and ran out of the room leaving the man whom she was dancing with, alone, baffled. Seohyun raced down the stairs not even thinking of which direction she would take. 

"Wait!" The young man called. She looked up from the steps seeing his figure at the top floor. She ignored him and continued to run. Now fear took over her complete body as she gave into her instincts. When she continued to go down the stairs and when she turned back she saw he wasn't there. In a rush she had bumped into him and both crashed on the ground. Seohyun landing on top of him. 

"Are you okay?" The man stood up, helping her aswell. Seohyun looked at him. He looked like a normal person. Maybe he too came across this mansion and also wandered inside. Seohyun remained silent as she watched him removed the dust particles on her skirt. Her heart continued to race but her instincts changed. She noticed the young man, his clear porclein skin, his neat blonde hair, his doe eyes... he was handsome, perfect and Seohyun felt instantly attracted to him. 

"You have a cut, come. I will treat it for you" He motioned in the opposite direction she was running. He gave her a warmth smile, the kind she would not forget.