The telling of an untold story

Moon Bound

 

"Halmeoni!" A cute young voice called. This triggered the sound of steps headed to her bedroom. 

"What is it Hani?" A woman opened the door exposing the dark room to the artificial light of the hallway. This caused the young girl in bed to squint her eyes. 

"I can't sleep, can you tell me a story?" The woman smiled as she moved her hand through the young girl's hair. 

"Ofcourse" The woman closed the door, increasing the moonlight's intensity through the single window as it spread on the bed making it, the girl's own personal spotlight. 

"Halmeoni, look the moon is so beautiful tonight" The young girl pointed outside the window as the woman sat beside her on bed. 

"This reminds me of a story" 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~ 40 years ago ~ 

"Seo, let's go back! We shouldn't be here" A girl shouted while attempting to walk through the rocky paths. 

"Sssh, don't shout, you might wake the witches" A young guy teased the girl while he too attempts to remain his balance. 

"Seo, are we there yet?" The guy behind clearly tired and anxious. 

Seohyun, a young brave determined girl was given the task by her friends to show them the haunted mansion mentioned to her by her mother when she was young. She too was anxious to finally see the mansion she had been hearing from her family. Seohyun, her bestfriend Taeyeon, Tayeons's boyfriend Baekhyun and his bestfriend Kai ventured into the forest in search of the 'mansion'. The four where one of the most popular and wealthy students in their school and craved for adventure to brag to their classmates. Taeyeon made an excuse to sleepover at Seohyun's house earlier and they sneaked out of her house to meet up with Baekhyun and Kai late at night/early in the morning. All were still their uniforms having no time or willing to change.

"Seo, how do you even know that this mansion is real?" Taeyeon complained why holding onto Baekhyun's hand. 

"Yh, Seo and even if it was real, how are we going to find it in this forest?, this forest is massive" Kai sided with Taeyeon seeing no hope in finding their destination.

"Well if we don't find it then I will put this 'mansion' thing aside, once and for all. Atleast we tried" Seohyun faced back at her friends seeing parts of their faces due of the moonlight. 

"What are you looking at?" Kai asked the blanked faced girl. 

"It's just that the moonlight is so beautiful" Seohyun said softly, entirely memorized by the light's natural glow and colour. 

"Yhh it's true" Beakhyun looked at Taeyeon, brushing her cheeks with his hand. Baekhyun unaware that she was blushing in the dark. 

"I've never realised it before" Kai agreed looking at his friend's faces. But all were suddenly awoken as the moonlight slowly disappeared and was replaced with the early light of the sunrise. 

"Okay, let's go. I think we shou--" Seohyun took a step and fell, tumbling on the steep land. She landed with a thud and soil particles respond to the vibration of the ground causing the spread of the ground's dust. 

"Seo, are you okay?" Her friend's rushed to the side of the hill looking down on Seohyun who was struggling to stand on her feet. 

"I'm fine, I just--- omo!" Her friend's leaned in waiting for her to finish her sentence, holding onto each other so they would not fall. 

"You guys gotta see this!" Seohyun shouted not removing her attention from the scene in front of her. The others intrigued followed after her. Kai slowly held onto a vine poking out of the steep ground, stepping on the ground carefully not to slip with Taeyeon then Baekhyun following afterwards. Once all were on the same ground level as Seohyun, they too were in frozen in place unable to move as their eyes as it wwas glued onto the scene.

9 of the Most Fascinating Abandoned Mansions from Around the World

"Told you it's real" Seohyun declared and held her hands up with victory. Kai quickly blocked her path to the mansion. 

"What?" Seohyun gave him a confused face as he stood in between her and the mysterious mansion she's has been thinking of. Honestly Seohyun wanted to come to find the mansion as she thought she would feel closer to her mother if she had found it. Somewhere in her she felt her mother wanted her to find it 

"Are you crazy? That mansion is haunted and it was left for a reason a--re--reason that I don't want to stick around to find out" Kai's face filled with fear as his heart raced rapidly. 

"Yhh, Seo. Now that we know the mansion is true, let's go home" Taeyeon held Baekhyun as she felt the spooky atmopshere reach her. 

"Seeing the mansion was half the mystery solved, now let's see what happened." Seohyun diverted Kai's body and headed to the mansion, taking no notice of her friends' voices of disapproval.

"We can't let her go on her own" Taeyeon turned to her boyfriend and Kai. Then dragged Baekhyun through the lifeless shrivelled valley. Kai relunctedly followed knowing he did not want to be left on his own.

"Omo this place is beautiful" Seohyun stunned by the old beautiful exterior of the mansion. Her eye's widen as she took in the details she could see.

"Yhh, it's really something. Seo, I forget the story behind this mansion" Kai catched up to Seohyun while Taeyeon clinged to Baekhyun right behind them.

"You forgot or you just weren't paying attention" Seohyun turned to him while walking giving him a stern look.

"Hey, I never thought that this place was real so I didn't bother to listen, sorry Seo" Kai's apologetic face making Seohyun soften.

"Seo, just tell the story again. Might aswell get the feel of the place" Taeyeon nudged Seohyun from behind. Seohyun signed then began to speak the tale of the mansion.

"My omma told me when I was little of this place when I asked her why is the moonlight so beautiful and how comes it can shine so bright and we can see it unlike sunlight" Seohyun began, intriguing Kai while Baekhyun and Taeyeon leaned in to hear her story as they walked to the mansion. 

"Once upon a time, 100 years ago. In this very forest was a town that grew to be very wealthy despite the small size. In the centre there was a large mansion home to the...the...Xi family. Yes! That's the name. They were kind, rich, honourable people who the town looked up to and adored. The Xi family consist of many family memebers, grandparents, cousins, aunts and uncles all lived in that one mansion. This showed their loved for one another, unable to be apart. Unfortunately not everybody adored them. There were people who hide in their shadows and grew in jealousy of the Xi family. Soon large numbers of people in the town started to mysteriously vanish. Some were found lifeless, some even found with their body parts not even in joined. The people of the town were scared and hopeless as they knew they were unable to catch whoever or whatever was doing this. They came to the conclusion from the bodies and stories told by their ancestors, that it was the work of neugdae ingan 'werewolves'. Considering there were no signs of any people for miles it had to be someone in the town. The werewolves were amongst them. The town witch saw a vision of the killers, too blurry to recognise but she saw that one of the killers was pregnant. She foretold that the killer would give birth to a son on the night of a full moon. On a night, on a night of a full moon, Mr Xi's wife was pregnant and gave birth to a son. As bodies were found, rumours spread placing the blame on the Xi family to be a pack of werewolves and the town being feasting ground. One night the townspeople decided to dispose of their problem. With weapons they were lead by their soliders and leaders to the Xi mansion. They surrounded the mansion while inside the family were rushing trying to find ways to escape. Seeing their mansion completely surrounded they saw no sign of escape. They tried to reason with the townspeople but the people were to desperate to ridden their town of death and fear, they barged into the mansion and slayed every member of the Xi family. Not even sparing the servants - seeing them as betrayers to their own kind. The towns people went to every room tearing their valuables apart and shot and slashed every person they came upon. By sunrise every room in the Xi mansion was destroyed and every member of the Xi family, every member in the household were dead. Their bodies burnt. Except for one. The baby boy. The townspeople found a crib but no baby. The son vanished and was never seen again. The townspeople lived in fear as years went by, in fear of the Xi family's son. Feared that he would take revenge on them for killing his entire family. The town grew corrupt and the people couldn't take it anymore. They packed their belongings and burnt the town to the ground. They left and never spoke of the events that occured in that town, again. All buildings burnt but the Xi mansion, which was resistant to fire and acid rain. It stood there tall with the blood of the Xi family inside." Kai cringed hearing the story while Taeyeon and Beakhyun looked around visioning a town surrounding the mansion. Seohyun looked upon the mansion as if it was a masterpiece. 

"Well, how would the Xi son know about the horrible events that happened to his family? He was just a baby" Kai questioned Seohyun following her to the steps of Xi mansion. 

"A baby from a powerful wolf pack. The townspeople pressumed that a member of the Xi family or a servant took the baby to save him from their fates seeing that they found the family but not the baby" Seohyun stated wisely holding her hands together.

"Well, does anyone know what happened to the son? Didn't they know who took him when they killed the family? Didn't they ever try to find him? Did they ever came back after the townspeople left?" Baekhyun asked earning a tighter grip of Taeyeon as she became frightened by the answer Seohyun was going to give. 

"I don't know. But we can go inside and maybe our questions would be answered" Seohyun didn't wait for a response and held Kai's wrist and pulled him up the steps while Kai quickly grabbed Lay's wrist and pulled him and Hyoyeon too. They slowly ascended up the steps. Seohyun with a wide grin due to her morbid curiousity, Kai still uncertain of their path, Lay trying to remain his composure infront of Hyoyeon and Hyoyeon fear written all  over their face. 

Little did the four know that someone was watching them from one of the broken windows of Xi mansion.