The Truth

The Twelve Keys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    “I think it’s time you know the truth, my dear.” The King and Queen, as well as everyone in the room had unreadable expressions on their face.

    “You see, the keys have... a meaning behind it...”

    Confused and curious, you nodded for him to go on. The nervousness evident on his face, he was a bit hesitant. Realizing this, the Queen took over.

    “You see sweetie, every female Exotic,, has certain keys specifically made by the tree of life itself, when born. And you are the only one, EVER, to receive more than one. In this case, twelve. All the keys have meanings and magical powers held in them,..” She examined your expression, and seeing the glint of curiosity in your eyes, she took that as a sign to go on.

“Exotics?” You asked. She nodded and smiled at you making you feel a bit more relaxed.

“Yes, Exotics. Also known as a citizen with Exo in their blood, which is why you we're able to come forth into the planet. Anyways, every female exotic, like you and I, are born with keys from the Tree of Life. These keys are our markings. Our callings you can say. It symbolizes our future soulmate whom you will spend the rest of your life with.”

‘W-What do  you mean, your Highness?” You asked not understanding all the new facts that have been thrown at you.

“Well- Like I said, I have 1 key. On it, there is a unique design-” She says as she takes something out of her dress pockets.

“Here, you see-”

    

She opened her palms and there was a beautiful key with unique designs on it just like yours.

“Mine represents all life, which symbolizes my beloved husband's power.” She said looking at her husband with loving eyes. You swore you heard some gagging sounds from the side, but you thought it was quite cute.

“I bet you’re wondering -Like you’ve said, every exotic has a power. and for every male exotic, there is a destined female exotic. The keys act like a navigation system. Once the female carrying the key comes close to the destined mate, it will give you a signal and the symbols on the key will react. And both you and the one will feel a connection.” She said explaining everything.

You thought back to when you dropped one of the keys earlier.

“Korea, as in earth?!”

“Y-Yes…” You jumped from the sudden outburst and accidently dropped one of the keys from your pocket. The key came into contact with the floor with a cling sound that gained the members’ attention as well as yours.

“And what are those?” The guy from earlier said. You looked at the fallen key and didn’t know how to answer him.

“I-I honestly don’t know…” You answered back, picking up the key and giving it to him. While giving him the keys, you noticed a dim light glowed on the key.

‘Oh… so that explains the glow…wait.’

“Then how come I have twelve...?”

"...Dear, do not freak out when you  hear this."

"W-What do you mean, you're majesty?" You asked, confused.
    "Like I have said... One key means one mate and since you have twelve..."
    "-I HAVE TWELVE MATES?!" you spat out nearly choking while doing so.
    "I'm afraid so..." the queen nervously chuckled, patting your back.
    "W-Who are my mates...?" you asked still not believing the whole situation.
    "Well. Half of them are here with you in this very room!" The king cheered not sensing the gloomy atmosphere coming from your direction.

“...” None of the princes dared to say a word.

“MAMA! We’re home!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter