Hello Stranger (Chenlay)

the exo genderbend oneshot project!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

title: hello stranger
pairing: girl!chen/lay
genre: fluff
rating: PG
warnings: girl!baekhee, au, foul language, twilight references
summary: nerdy jongna had a fun night out only to find herself sleeping in a stranger's bed the morning after.
 

Jongna woke up to the worst headache of the century. Even before she fluttered her eyes open, she could feel the pounding in her head, like someone was trying to crack her skull from the inside. Even her eyelids felt really heavy whenever she tried to pry them open. The joints in her limbs cracked when she tried to stretch them, and Jongna let out a mixture of a groan and a moan, rubbing her sore eyes open.

Where the am I?

Her eyebrows furrowed upon letting the sight of baby blue walls entering her vision. She craned her heavy head, looking around at her surroundings. The last time she checked, her walls were not baby blue- they were off white. She then noticed that the bedsheets she was tangled in were fluffier, and that they smelled like lavender. The windows were definitely not that big, and she didn’t even remember owning an electric piano carefully stowed by the side.

This was definitely not her room.

 

“Oh, you’re awake!”

Her eyes caught the attention of the general direction from where the voice came from- a man standing at the foot of the door, and if it weren’t for the very unfortunate situation she has landed herself into, she’d say that the man in front of her was such a looker. He had sharp features- soulful yet droopy eyes, a sharp chin and a mouth worth devouring into. His stance was handsome- broad shoulders, short, clipped hair and a hand in his pocket while the other holding onto a white mug. However, this wasn’t the time to check out a hot stranger- at least not when she was caught sleeping in said stranger’s bed.

 

“Who the are you?!”

She wailed, clutching the white blanket to her body. Peering down, Jongna noticed that she was in someone else’s tee shirt and track pants, and panic surged through her veins.

“Where are my clothes? What did you do to me?!”

“Whoa, whoa… relax, miss-” Jongna’s eyes widened at the sight of him cautiously walking nearer to her, and without thinking a second further, she reached for the nearest pillow and launched it right at him.

“Don’t come near me! What did you do to me?! Who the hell are you?! Where am I?!” She shrieked at the top of her lungs, reaching out for another pillow. Jongna watched as the pillow landed squarely on one side of the man’s face, his ‘oof’ upon contact of the pillow resonated in the whole room.

“Okay! Okay! I won’t come near- just relax! Relax! I’m not going to do anything. You’re at my house, you just had too much to drink last night, and I swear I did not do anything to you… alright? So if you could just relax and let me hand you over some tea, that’ll be great,”

 

Jongna still clutched onto the foreign bed sheets, pulling them close to her chin as she scooted away from him. “What’s your name?” She asked, trying her best to pose a calm voice.

“My name’s Yixing. And you are?” Yixing cautiously placed the steaming mug on top of the end table close to her, eyes never leaving her face.

“I’m… I’m Jongna,” She squeaked under her breath, eyes warily watching him. “What… what happened last night?”

She still watched on as he cautiously placed himself at the edge of the bed, wearing a nervous smile himself. “You um… you don’t drink so well, do you?”

“I don’t drink- period,” She replied meekly. Last night, Baekhee literally forced her out of apartment for a ‘night filled with fun I promise!’ since what Jongna has done was basically coop herself up at home writing a research paper.

Between the two best friends, Baekhee was obviously the party person- being a PR executive in one of Seoul’s giant conglomerates, the girl definitely knew how to lose herself. Jongna, on the other hand, was pursuing a PhD in Quantum Physics at one of the best universities in the country, which also meant that there was literally no time for any form of partying. It was clear cut for the both of them- Baekhee was the popular girl, Jongna was the nerd, and the both of them never really had any disagreements on their dubbed nicknames.

Baekhee brought her to a club she didn’t even know existed, somewhere in the nooks of Hongdae. Jongna was always the conservative type, always sticking to the safest liquors that will guarantee her an almost hangover-free morning, but Baekhee being Baekhee, bought her the weirdest drinks in the funkiest colours.

“Come on, Jongna- I get that you’re living a boring life, just don’t drag that into your drinking habits. Try this!”

Thanks to her, Jongna has no recollection from after she chugged down the first drink until the moment she woke up in a stranger’s apartment. That, and her head hurt like hell.

 

“Please just tell me what happened,” Jongna avoided his earnest eyes, choosing to stare at her nails. She could tell that she did something very embarrassing judging from the way Yixing was very hesitant to tell her.

“I… well, you were dancing on the bar,”

Jongna lifted her head and stared at him, eyes wide in shock. “Wh-what?”

“Yeah… and I was, um… I was just nearby and you were about to fall off if I didn’t catch you. And um… you were… you tried to kiss me? I didn’t kiss you back, I swear! I was with my housemate, so you could ask him for confirmation. You were really tipsy and you wouldn’t let go and I… didn’t know you were that drunk, and your companion didn’t seem to be around either, and you wouldn’t tell me an address, so I… I brought you here, if that’s okay,”

Jongna was horrified, to say that least. She couldn’t believe her ears- who the hell was this stranger, and why was she that stupid to throw herself at him?!

“And uh… I thought sleeping in your dress would be uncomfortable, so I changed you into my clothes, if that’s alright,” If that wasn’t bad enough, she was greeted with the news of her being stripped by said complete stranger. Jongna felt on the verge of tears at that point, pressing her lips tight.

“It’s… I didn’t see anything! I mean- I did see what’s underneath, but… but I’m a trainee doctor. I’m used to seeing lots of covered body parts so I wasn’t aroused or anything, so don’t worry…” His voice trailed off, coming to a very awkward silence.

“Not that… not that your body parts are not attractive- trust me, they really are, but I’m trained to… you see…” His voice trailed off as he scratched the back of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter