Baby It's Cold Outside (Xiubaek)

the exo genderbend oneshot project!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

title: baby it's cold outside
pairing: girl!baekhyun/xiumin
genre: fluff
rating: PG-13
summary: baekhee was having the worst day of her life. minseok had to make it worse.
a/n: guess who is grossly shipping these two these days? me
 

 

In an expanse of a year, Baekhee generally has a couple of bad days. However, today seemed like the king of all bad days- the destined tiest day of all days, the day that’s set to turn her life into ashes.

It all started when she woke up late to her Sociology class- it was all her stupid roommate Chanmi’s fault for failing to shut up about her new crush on Kim Jongin, the suave yet cute boy with (in her words) drool-able thighs and a perky in her History class. Baekhee stormed out of her dormitory with dark circles, mismatched socks and unwashed hair only to find that her lecturer deliberately locked the classroom and she was unable to enter the lecture hall. Because of her tardiness, Baekhee also discovered that she left her purse back at the dorm, hence there goes her lunch money. She then discovered that she was unable to borrow the reference book she direly needed for an assignment because of her overdue library fine that was a mere $2.50 (she swore to God that librarian has always kept a grudge against her) and as she was exasperated, internally relieved now that her day was almost over, the weather decided to be a and it started raining heavily the moment she walked out of her faculty back to her room (and surprise surprise! She had to forget her umbrella and rain coat).

 

Baekhee was half drenched, hungry and sulking. All she wanted was to take a hot shower back at home, and bury herself underneath her warm covers (and possibly plot Chanmi’s death too). She thought her day couldn’t get any worse, but fate proved her wrong when a car zoomed past her and it so happened to drive over a puddle on the road, and deliberately splashed her on every part of her body imaginable to any man’s eye.

That was definitely the straw that broke the camel’s back. Baekhee didn’t care about the pouring rain or the people hurriedly running to the nearest shelter underneath their respective umbrellas. She turned towards the red car, screaming at the top of her lungs.

“GEE THANKS FOR MAKING MY DAY A LIVING HELL, YOU PRICK!!!”

 

Baekhee, upset and on the brink of crying at the sight of her drenched tennis shoes and how washing every article of clothing on her would , scooted to the closest bench to her underneath the pouring rain. It was hard trying to contain her tears, but the verge to cry was just too strong. Covering her eyes with the heel of both her palms, Baekhee attempted to swallow a sob resulting in her choking on her own salty tears and the raindrops falling on top of her head. Choking lead to coughing and full blown sobs right after.

She sobbed and cried to her heart’s content, wondering what the hell she did in her past life to deserve such bad luck when a pair of equally drenched tennis shoes halted in front of her.

 

“Baekhee?”

She lifted her head, blinking her tears away to delve into the sight of him in his full glory- him being the subject of her infatuation and undeclared love confessions for the past year, Kim Minseok.

Kim Minseok was her senior by two semesters, but they did share several classes together. He first caught her attention in English, being the only boy that didn’t seem too rowdy or rude on first impression. Minseok was definitely pleasing to the eyes, and Baekhee loved every part of him- from his slanted eyes to his defined stomach muscles (thanks to that tummy flash she secretly saw when Minseok waved his arms to their fellow classmates the other day). Minseok was also very kind and considerate, always opening doors to classrooms for the girls in front of him, offering a sweet and sincere smile every once in a while. Baekhee also adored the way he didn’t realise the attention he seemed to be getting from the girls and some guys (she has been eyeing that Chinese kid Luhan for a while) in class, and that he never used his attractiveness to his advantage. Basically, Minseok was the epitome of a boy next door TV trope she has always dreamed of dating, and day by day, it gets harder trying to conceal her tremendously huge crush for him.

 

“M-Minseok…?”

Minseok was holding an umbrella over the both of them thought it seemed useless for her at that point, clothes half wet from walking from his car to where she was. A look of worry and genuine concern was plastered on his face as he peered down at her sorry self, grip on the umbrella handle tightened.

“Hey, are you okay? I’m… I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to splash you like that,”

Baekhee blinked underneath wet eyelids before her eyes turned towards the red car that zoomed past her earlier, her face lighting up in slight mortification after realising whose car it was. “I’m… I’m…”

“I really didn’t mean it. I’m so sorry,” Minseok crouched down to her eye level, the hood of the umbrella accidentally bumping against her head. “Oh my God, I’m so sorry! I didn’t… I didn’t mean to hit your head like that… I’m such a klutz. I’m so sorry…”

Despite the amount of bull that was shoved right at her, Baekhee still managed to find a rather shy, discreet giggle escaping her lips. “It’s okay, Minseok. My day’s already ty enough,” She waved him off, tucking a strand of wet hair behind her ear.

“What happened?” Minseok’s curious and apologetic eyes peered right through her, making Baekhee’s lips quiver in anxiety and cheeks to warm up against her will. “Oh, you know what, don’t tell me now. You should come by my apartment and I’ll throw your clothes in the dryer, and maybe you can freshe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter