Heart Palpitations (Krisho)

the exo genderbend oneshot project!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

title: heart palpitations
pairing: girl!suho/kris
genre: fluff, romance, slight angst
rating: PG-13
warnings: girl!baekhyun, joonmyeon's awkward girl name uwu sorry~
summary: joonmi almost caused her boyfriend his first heart attack. literally.

 

Joonmi has not stopped crying for the past three hours as she sat on the plastic chair nervously, clasping and unclasping her hands every five seconds. Her eyes were swollen and red, and they hurt every time she blinked. But all that did not matter as much as the person behind the heavy, swinging doors, fighting for his life.

“Hyung is going to be okay, noona,” Jongdae, a fellow co-worker from the coffee shop tried to console her by rubbing her back gently. “He’s going to be okay,”

Junmi’s sobs turned into quiet shuffles as she allowed him to place her head gingerly on top of his shoulder. Her other co-worker Baekhee held her hand, squeezing it reassuringly whenever she felt the older girl was about to slip away again.

 

The day started out just fine- Junmi and the rest of her co-workers were getting ready to close the coffee shop after a long day of operations. She was getting dreamy eyed about getting to meet her long-time boyfriend and fiancé Kris, whom promised to pick her up after. It was difficult for them to meet and spend time together considering how their careers pretty much consumed two thirds of their day, and they were both dedicated to collecting enough money for their wedding ceremony at the end of the year.

Joonmi swore her heart stopped when she received a phone call from the paramedics, informing her with little to no emotions in their voice that Kris got into an accident with a truck on his way to the shop, and that he was on the way to the nearest hospital as they spoke. She accidentally dropped the dirty mug in her hands, fingers trembling as she clutched onto the wooden counter for support.

She was tired, no- exhausted but none of that mattered unless Kris gets out of the operation room safe and sound. Joonmi refused to eat or drink anything offered to her by her two co-workers, and she knew it was of no use anyway. She wouldn’t be able to swallow it down.

 

“What if he’s not okay? What if he’s not gonna make it, Jongdae?” She sobbed, pressing her face into the crook of Jongdae’s bony shoulder, trying her best to stifle the tears running down effortlessly from the creases of her eyes.

“Kris is a really strong man, unni. He’s going to make it. I promise,” Baekhee consoled from her other side, leaning closer. “You need to eat, unni. You’ve not eaten since evening,”

“I don’t want to eat! I can’t eat, Baek!” Joonmi wailed in response, refusing to even look at the sandwich Baekhee held in her hands. On normal days, Joonmi would feel apologetic right after because all Baekhee wanted to do was help, but right now, she was losing her mind and conscience. She just wanted Kris to be alright again- is that too hard to ask for?

“Then sleep, noona. You need rest. I’ll wake you up once Kris is done with his operation, okay? I promise,”

Joonmi felt Jongdae’s hand caressing her wet cheek, humming under his breath to console her troubled heart. His caresses were gentle, a fleeting touch and she fluttered her eyes close at the sensation of it. Her breaths began to slow down as she relaxes against his borrowed shoulder, body unwilling to cope with her will to stay awake. Joonmi drowned in her surroundings, everything becoming a blur around her.

 

“Unni?”

Joonmi furrowed her eyebrows at the distant sound calling for her name.

“Unni, wake up,” The voice called for her name again, and it took a while for her to realise that it was Baekhee trying to wake her up. She blinked her eyes open, not letting the blinding fluorescent lights enter her eyes as she lifted her head. The strain in he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter