Just Once (Kaiyeol)

the exo genderbend oneshot project!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

title: just once
pairing: girl!kai/chanyeol
genre: fluff
rating: PG-13
warnings: girl!d.o, questionable dating advice
summary: chanyeol, who has been vying for jonghee's attention finally gets his date he has been asking for.

 

Sometimes, Chanyeol’s crush for Jonghee was unbearable, even for the male himself. He wasn’t exactly sure when he started falling madly in love with the younger girl, but he suspected that it was when he first saw Jonghee’s sweet, sincere smile for the first time. He couldn’t help it- how could he resist her when she smiled with eyes crinkling in amusement, lips that stretched out just nicely to put her perfect teeth on display, and sweet laughter that could cure cancer?

Now, Jonghee was in perfect knowledge of his crush on her. Chanyeol has been anything but shy of his crush on her. He declared it just a week after realising how head over heels he was for the tall, tan and y girl. Sometimes, whenever he felt like it, he would pay a junior to send her handmade gifts. Whenever Chanyeol had no assignments to submit, he would deliberately wait in front of her faculty, hoping that she would say yes to him asking her out.

Chanyeol was a man who could never take ‘no’ for an answer. His crush got deeper every time Jonghee said ‘no’ as he grew even more persistent to ask her out. He didn’t give up when Jonghee, embarrassed, walked past him when he declared her love for her. He kept sending gifts even if she returned back to him with a ‘Stop sending me gifts’ note stuck to it. Chanyeol will definitely keep asking her out even if she ‘threatened to call her (non-existent) boyfriend the next time he asked her out’ (because he knew Jonghee would call that little Sehun because that is the only guy friend she has).

 

“Dude, just give up already,” Kris sighed loudly, making his thoughts known as he spotted Chanyeol at the living room of their shared apartment, diligently wrapping two rolls of socks together in soft pink wrapping paper.

“Nope,” Chanyeol’s reply was short, simple and one-handed. He knew better than to argue with Kris because at some point in their argument, Kris would get illogical and his reasoning would make little sense.

“You know you ran out of gifts when you start giving her socks, for God’s sake,” Kris mockingly pointed out, finger pointing accusingly to the pair of socks. “Didn’t you tell me this girl doesn’t wear socks?”

Chanyeol rolled his eyes, mussing his messy hair. “See, I’m getting her socks because she doesn’t wear them. These socks are going to be the only socks she’s ever going to have, and that’s how she’s going to remember me. Geez, read up, Wu Yifan,”

Kris rolled his eyes as he walked to the kitchen. “Well, it doesn’t take a lot of reading to know better than giving the girl you like a gift she doesn’t actually use,”

 

The chilly autumn night was haunting Chanyeol beneath the layers and into his skin, but he stood his ground, waiting for Kim Jonghee right outside the local dance studio just a few minutes away from their university campus. Through experience, he learned that she wasn’t a fan of cheesy, grand gifts- he remembered her face when she presented her with a dozen of carnations (because Jonghee was born in January and her birth flower is the carnation) and he remembered when she walked out to the sight of him holding a life size teddy bear. Jonghee looked like she’d rather drown. Being the good future boyfriend he was, Chanyeol chose to tone it down just a little bit this time.

“… alright, next week will do. Good night!” Chanyeol watched from across the street as the love of her life, the oh-so-perfect Kim Jonghee exited the doors to the studio, waving goodbye to a fellow dancer, Yixing before crossing the road to catch her before she got out of her sight.

“Hi, Jonghee-yah! How was your dance practice today?”

Jonghee groaned loudly in return and swiftly turned her body towards him. “You need to stop following me around, Park Chanyeol. I’ll call my boyfriend to beat you up, I swear,”

Chanyeol laughed to himself. “If by boyfriend you mean your actual boy of a friend Sehun, I’ll have you know that he’s not going to throw that mean punch you’ve been threatening me with,”

Jonghee gaped, mouth opening and closing like a fish out of water and Chanyeol laughed harder, wishing he could give a kiss to probably the most beautiful girl in the whole wide universe.

“I am not going to call Sehun over-”

“Oh really?”

“Really. Whatever, you need to leave me alone, Park Chanyeol,”

 

He pouted playfully, digging through his jacket pockets for the wrapped gift. “Even if I got you these?” He lifted it in his hands, letting the street lamp illuminate the parcel.

“And you need to stop giving me gifts as well,” Jonghee mumbled, rolling her eyes though her hands readily took them. “What’s inside anyway?” She inquired after giving it a gentle squeeze with her thin fingers, raising an eyebrow.

“Socks,”

“Chanyeol, I don’t wear socks,”

“You should! I bet socks look really cute on your feet and it’s for proper feet hygiene too, you know,”

Jonghee frowned, eyebrows furrowed. “Are you trying to imply that I have smelly feet?”

Chanyeol imitated her furrowed eyebrows, astonished as to why she’d thought of that. Of course not! Jonghee is perfect- why in the world would she have smelly feet?

“No!” He was starting to ponder on Kris’ words, letting it sink in slowly. Maybe getting her socks was a bad idea…

 

“Jonghee!” Chanyeol called out when Jonghee started to walk away from him in the other direction. “Jonghee, wait,” He was lucky that his strides were long and that he was able to catch up to her effortlessly. “Go out with me,”

“No,” Jonghee replied almost immediately, stuffing her hands in her pockets.

“Please,” Chanyeol was already facing her, walking backwards in line with her front steps. “Just one date. Just once, and that’s it. I promise,”

Jonghee ignored him, choosing to stare at her sneakers instead as she quietly walked along the stretch of shops and food stalls, blushing at the unnecessary attention Chanyeol called for.

“Come on, don’t ignore me, Jonghee. Please go out with me,” He pleaded, clasping his palms together. At that rate, if she wanted him to be on his knees and beg, he’d do so without any questions asked. He was just that shameless.

 

Jonghee was about to tell him off again when she lifted her eyes from the pavement. Her sleepy eyes widened to the size of saucer plates when she noticed that Chanyeol back-walked himself off the pavement and onto the busy road. What made it worse was the oncoming car, its flashlights blinding in their direction.

“Chanyeol!” She screamed, hands outstretched to pull him off the road and back to the pavement. She clutched onto his jacket and pulled him towards her, pressing his body against hers. Her breath was caught in when the car zoomed past, blaring its horns loudly at the both of them. Her eyes darted all over Chanyeol’s face, inspecting for any injuries before settling for his round, inquisitive eyes. It was probably the first time she realised how beautiful his eyes were, and she could maybe, probably, stare at them forever but his large hands awkwardly settling on her back broke her s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter