Five

Rights
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The creases on his forehead deepened as he eyed Yoseob whilst they and the other members were having their breakfast at the dining table. 

He was very certain that Yoseob had cried the previous night. The swollen eyebags, the slight dip at the sides of the lips, the furrowed brows. 
They were all extremely evident on Yoseob's face. However, it was Yoseob eyes that really tugged on his heartstrings. 
The sadness was so profound and the uneasiness was intense. 

With a silent sigh, he placed his right arm over Yoseob and smiled ever so gently and kindly when Yoseob turned slightly to look at him, confused.
He looked into Yoseob's eyes, wanting him to see his own thoughts and emotions. 
He wanted Yoseob to know that he cared, more than the other members.
He worried, more than the other members.
He protected, more than the other members. 
He loved, more than the other members. 

Then, he saw it. He wasn't expecting it. But Yoseob's eyes immediately reflected guilt, pain and that persistent outline of worry. 
Yoseob turned away, breaking the eye contact. 

Everything happened in less than a minute where other members did not even notice anything, however, Junhyung was left with plenty more questions, plenty more concerns. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 

It had been two months since Yoseob has returned home from the hospital and Junhyung was at his breaking point. 
Yoseob seemed to have distanced himself from everyone. He became even more uptight and anxious than usual during recordings or performances. 
All the other members had tried various methods to let Yoseob relax or take things easier. However, Yoseob was adamant about "being the best". 
Junhyung did not understand at all as Yoseob had always been trying his best and improving himself even before the incident. 

What made Junhyung even more concerned was that every week, Yoseob would leave the group to "meet his family" once and he would always return, exhausted and drained. 
His eyes were always bloodshot red and the tear stains on his face and shirt was always evident. Nobody dare to questioned what Yoseob was doing as whenever they probed a little more, Yoseob retreats into his shell even more. The members were at a complete loss of what to do. Doing anything would push them away from Yoseob, doing nothing would encourage Yoseob to create more distance between him and the members. Junhyung had coincidentally bumped into Yoseob's sister once when Yoseob was supposed to be "meeting his family". His sister had very flusteredly came up with a terrible excuse that Junhyung did not even bothered listening to as it was too obvious that Yoseob was not "meeting his family" but his family knew what exactly he was doing. 

Lastly, the primary reason that was tearing Junhyung apart was the times where Yoseob was obviously having difficulties breathing. 
Yoseob would run away quietly but Junhyung was quick to follow with great stealth. He had became so accustomed to hiding behind pillars, watching.

Watching Yoseob grabbing his own chest, collapsing to the floor, breathing hardly and harshly, gasping for breaths with streams of tears flowing from his eyes. 
Junhyung wanted to help. His heart would pound loudly, his hands would reach out in the direction of Yoseob, his legs would want to break into a run.
He wanted to pull Yoseob into his arms. He wanted to hold him tight. He wanted to kiss his tears away. He wanted to whisper sweet nothings to help him feel better. 

Selfishly, he knew it was not only that. He also wanted to smell Yoseob's hair while holding him. He wanted to taste the sadness of Yoseob's tears, to experience the same hurt Yoseob was experien

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter