Twelve

Rights
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoseob awoke to the sound of laughter. He groaned as his eyes slowly opened, he was still tired and would love to sleep in. 
However, he knew his sleep had been disrupted and it would take awhile for him to fall back asleep.
In denial, he shut his eyes once again and tried to force himself back into the peaceful slumber he was in.
The noise coming from the living room was persistent though. 

With a defeated sigh, he threw his blanket to the side in annoyance and sat up on the bed.
Rubbing the sleep off his eyes, he gave a little yawn and stretched. He was going to kill whoever was making such a ruckus in the living room.
Taking a sweeping glance of the room, Yoseob realised he was the only one in the room. 
Slowly, he figured that the other members are the cause for his disturbed sleep and for his early awakening on a precious off day.
He clambered out of his bed and dragged his heavy feet to the living room, ready to give his piece of mind to the inconsiderate members of his. 

A queer sight awaited him as he saw everyone minus Junhyung huddled around Dongwoon's laptop and giggling.
It was not that everyone don't watch videos or dramas together but usually, with that many of them, they would use the television or at least something with a larger screen. 
Dongwoon's laptop was not even the size of both his palms spread out and placed together. 

He walked quietly and peeped behind their shoulders to see what they were so hyped up about and that was when his heart sank.
He had woken up to a normal day not more than 15 minutes ago and yet, his regular beating heart had seemed to come to a stop.
His heart seemed to have fell to his stomach and was pressing against it hard. 
A tight rope seemed to be binding his heart to his stomach as his insides tightened and churned.

"Ha ha ha, they do look cute together right?" Kikwang chirped joyously, completely oblivious to Yoseob's presence.

All at once, all the members heard a sob and when they turned their heads, they saw the back of Yoseob disappearing into the bathroom. 

"Oh no..." Doojoon muttered as the light atmosphere took a sharp turn for the worse.
All of their faces were guilt-stricken and confusion overwhelmed as they started thinking of what they should do next.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Yoseob sat on the floor of the toilet, his back leaning against the door, face buried in his towel as he tried to muffle his cries.
When he finally calmed down, he tilted his head back, gaining the support of the door.
Countless of thoughts were running through his head as he tried to figure out his emotions and the reasons behind it all. 

He could not control himself just now when he saw the photos of Junhyung and a girl. 
All these while, there were no jealousy issues since they were all so busy with their schedules and the only people who surrounded them were Cube staff or work partners. 
Therefore, he had never felt this unfamiliar taste of bitterness until now. 
He shook his head as he questioned his own rights.

What right does he have to feel this way? 
What right does he have to want to be the one who was laughing by Junhyung's side?
What right does he have to be the one the members would say Junhyung look good with?
What right does he have to speak of his love for Junhyung? 

He has none. 

He felt utterly stupid for reacting in this manner. s must have heard and be really concerned. 
He imagined them outside, thoroughly confused as they didn't know of the feelings he had towards Junhyung.
'If they did know, they might not even care about me sobbing actually,' Yoseob thought sadly.

Slowly, he tried to calm himself down and pushed this matter to the back of his head.

He was ignoring all the questions he wanted answers to.
He wanted to know why Junhyung was so close to that girl.
Why did Junhyung go out with the girl?
Why did Junhyung not tell him, his supposedly best friend, about the girl?
Yet, he knew he had no rights to question Junhyung. It was his privacy and it shall be respected.

Yoseob stood up after much difficulty and procrastination to take a shower. 
As he cried silently, his tears dissolving into the water that flowed from the shower head, Yoseob reminded himself of his lack of rights.
He was afterall, to Junhyung, only a friend.

------------------------

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter