Her Mysterious Appearance

The Beautiful Stranger

 

It was an early Saturday morning when they arrived at the place. Like a bunch of kids, his hyungs scampered around the area to check out what the place could offer for them. On the other hand, there he was standing at the corner watching them like a bored grown-up. Well, he felt like he was the only grown-up man there.

 

The villa of the Cho family was located at the far edge of the country. Their family owned a vast hectare of land in the middle of the woods so they decided to build their resthouse there. They thought that it was an ideal location for resting because the location was very serene and far-away from the hustle-bustle of the city.

 

“I’ll go up in my room, hyungs! If you need me, just call.” Kyuhyun called out to them as he climbed the staircase. “And… remember to knock,” he added but he specifically refer to Donghae whom he sent a glare.

 

All his hyungs gathered around and their eyes all followed Kyuhyun who was walking up the stairs. When they heard the closing of the door, they looked at each other and it only meant one thing. In the span of three months, Kyuhyun had changed a lot. He was not anymore the playful and the bully that they all knew. He did not anymore bully Leeteuk for his age, Heechul for his feminity, Yesung for his oddity, Sungmin for his pink obsession, Shindong for his appetite, Eunhyuk for being a stinky anchovy, Siwon for his gestures, Ryeowook, for his lack of sports ability, and Donghae for being a fishy playboy. Since the accident, he had spent more time alone and far from the peering eyes of his friends and family. They knew how difficult he had been going through after that near-death experience but they also wanted him to know that they were here for him, for him to share his troubles with.

 

“Hey guys,” Eunhyuk called from the backyard. “Come here!” The boys then gathered around the backyard which was very wide and ideal for setting up a game. They found Eunhyuk holding a soccer ball in his hands. “Let’s play kick volleyball. Let’s invite Kyu, this will be surely fun just like the old times.” Everyone agreed and they all prayed that this attempt would cheer up Kyuhyun.

 

A few minutes later, Kyuhyun went down accompanied by Donghae. When they got into the backyard, Kyuhyun saw that his hyungs had already separated into two teams. Donghae, Kyuhyun, Eunhyuk, and Sungmin were on one team while Leeteuk, Ryeowook, Siwon, and Shindong were on the other. Yesung was the scorer and Heechul was the cameraman and commentator. Ryeowook did not want to play but the other members forced him to. Heechul did not want to join since he did not want to get his lovely flawless face to get all sweaty and dirty. The net was also set up in the middle.

 

The game started and they started tossing the ball with their feet. Once in a while, they would laugh at Ryeowook’s game style. He just kept avoiding the ball. “Ryeowook-ah! Catch it! Catch it!” Heechul would scream loud at him but he won’t listen. He kept dodging it like he was allergic to it.

 

“Let’s just play dodge ball instead. I am sure Ryeowook-shi would win this,” Kyuhyun commented with a soft chuckle. Everyone stared at him for a moment. “Did I say something wrong?” Kyuhyun asked them.

 

“Nothing maknae! Let’s get back to the game!” Leeteuk said. Everyone felt happy because the Kyuhyun that they knew was slowly coming back. Almost an hour later, Donghae’s team was heading. Everyone in that team was trying their best to keep their lead. They had the momentum right now. Leeteuk tossed the ball hard and went a bit far. Kyuhyun chased it and with his long leg, he was able to kick it but the ball only got farther into the woods.

 

“Wait, I’ll just get the ball,” Kyuhyun said before he set off his foot to the woods. He walked into the woods, making his way through the branches and twigs that were blocking his way. He never expected that the ball would get this far. He kept looking behind him just to make sure that he would still recognize his way back to the villa. Several dried leaves had already stuck in his hair and his pants were already full of soil dirt but he still could not find the ball. Then suddenly, he felt something rolled onto his feet. He was completely shocked by that sudden movement. He looked down and found the ball resting in between his two feet. He stooped down to pick it up when he heard another rustle. He averted his eyes from the ground and turned towards the source of the sound.

 

Time seems to stand still the moment his eyes met hers. He could not make any movement nor utter a single word as this beautiful stranger passed by him. Her long black hair that was gently blown by the wind, her soft gaze that was also locked into him, and her sweet smile that was directed to him (if he wasn’t mistaken since he was the only person there)… everything was just too perfect. With her white dress, she really looked like an angel… or the pure deity of the forest… a fairy… or whoever fictional creature that she was. She was really glowing. The sunlight that filters through the forest has got nothing on her. She had a face that could light up the darkness. But what was really strange is that he felt like he had known her for a long time and she seemed like she also knew him. A girl would not give such a welcoming smile to a stranger like him.

 

Then he suddenly felt a yearning deep inside him. A feeling that told him that he missed her for such a long time… Without knowing why, a tear fell from his eye.

 

“Who-who are you? Wh-why are you making me feel this way?” he asked her.

 

“Kyu!” Someone called him. He turned around and it was his Sungmin-hyung. “What’s taking you too long?” he asked while picking up the ball.

 

“A g-girl… There’s a girl, hyung. Do you see her?” Kyuhyun asked. Sungmin took a look behind Kyuhyun but he found nothing. “She-she’s right there a while ago,” Kyuhyun also looked around and pointed to the direction where the beautiful lady was once standing.  He stood up and ran forward and searched for her in all directions but she was nowhere to be found.

 

“Never mind,” Kyuhyun mumbled.

 

“Let’s go back and eat some breakfast.” Sungmin said as he led the way out of the woods.  

 

A/N:

DOes this fic confuses you?