Haunted

The Beautiful Stranger

 

Kyuhyun woke up with a start. He was breathing heavily and his whole body was sweating profusely. He put his hand over his chest and he could feel his heart beating strongly against it like a big drum. He felt like his heart was going to burst any moment.

 

It was the same old dream, same dream that haunted him for three months now and with each time, it only got more vivid and more detailed. At first there was only a sound of a gunshot and a blinding light. However, as time passed by, the story was slowly unfolding in front of his eyes in which the main character was himself.

 

He could faintly hear a girl screaming at him. He turned around and saw the girl pointing the gun towards him. Her eyes were burning in rage. In an instant she pulled the trigger and the bullet shot right through his heart. He could feel the searing pain of the bullet that bore a hole in his heart. He clutched his chest as he fell down on his knees. When he looked down he could see crimson droplets on the ground. He looked at his hand and he could see blood oozing through the gaps between his fingers. Then slowly he was starting to feel nothing. His consciousness was slowly fading away. It felt just like the time when he had the car accident. It felt like… dying. Dying…No, he can’t die. That was the time he snapped out of his dream, or rather, a nightmare. He sat up on his bed and he recalled how that dream felt so real. It seemed like he really experienced that in the past.

 

They visited a doctor once and that doctor said that he could probably be having post-traumatic stress disorder. But he was wondering why he was not dreaming of the car accident that he had three months ago. Why was he not dreaming of the car toppling across the road? Why was he haunted by that shooting incident instead? “Each case is unique, Mr. Cho,” that was what the doctor replied to him.

 

The door of his bedroom opened and there came his mother bringing along with her a glass of water and on her other hand was the medication that the doctor prescribed to him to improve his sleep. She had a worried look written all over her face. “Is it that dream again, my son? I heard you grunting in your sleep,” his mother asked. “I told you to take your medication before going to sleep so that you will not have those dreams,” his mother continued, giving him the tablet and the glass of water. He swallowed the tablet with one gulp of water.

 

“Try to sleep again,” his mother told him. “I really think that you should follow the doctor’s advice. Take a vacation. So that it would put your mind off these. Invite Donghae and your other friends to our villa. It will be better for you.”

 

“I will, mom.” Kyuhyun answered.

 

Riiiiiiiiiiiiingggggggg...

 

“Wait a minute,” his mother said as she pulled her phone from the pocket. “Oh, okay. I’ll be there immediately,” her mother told the person on the other end of the line. Kyuhyun had witnessed this many times and he knew immediately that there was an emergency at the hospital.

 

“Is it about her?” he asked his mother. His mother nodded and then she hastened outside the room. A few more minutes, he could hear his mother’s car engine and from his window he could see his mother’s car passing through the main gate of their house.

 

Kyuhyun’s mother is a doctor too. As a matter of fact, she is the best doctor in town. She had already handled the worst of the cases but the one that she was having now was the most challenging for her. A girl also happened to be involved in an accident the exact date that he had one. Yes, same date but only different setting. Luckily for him, he recovered easily but for the girl, she was still in coma for three months now.

 

He was halfway in his peaceful sleep when someone suddenly barged into his room. It’s his Donghae-hyung who was running excitedly to him before throwing himself on bed like a six-year old child. Out of his hyungs, Donghae was the one that he trusted the most, perhaps because he spent more than half his life growing up with him. Their families were friends with each other and they were the best partners in business.

 

“Hey, I heard from auntie that we will go into vacation. I’m so excited already,” he said with a childish smile.

 

“I know why you’re so excited,” Kyuhyun said looking into his eyes. He knew Donghae very well that he could almost read his mind. Well, it wasn’t really that difficult because if you would draw a brain map of Lee Donghae, there would just be one thing that’s inside his head. “Girls…”

 

“You know me very well, Kyu!” Donghae said while ruffling Kyuhyun’s already messy hair. “Of course, vacation means meeting new girls.”

 

“For your information, I doubt if you can still follow through your girl-hunting plan because our villa is located in a quite isolated area of the countryside.”

 

“Don’t you trust your hyung’s ability?” He threw his arm around his dongsaeng’s shoulders. “My girl radar is very strong,” he said with a smug expression. “Even if you throw me at the end of the world, I will still be able to find a chick. So… when do you plan to go?”

 

“Next week, perhaps.” Kyuhyun answered.

 

“Great! I’ll call Eunhyuk and the others then.”

 

End of the Chapter

A/N:

So what do you think?