Visions

The Beautiful Stranger

Days have passed since Kyuhyun encountered with the old woman. Although Donghae told Kyuhyun to forget about what that old woman said, he still could not help but think about it for she was right. Just a coincidence? A wild guess? He did not think so. That woman really knew something so he followed her advice. He did not question anymore the odd things that happened around him. He just followed where his heart would take him and that would be no other than to Seohyun.

 

They continued to see each other with the garden as their very own secret place. They would play piano together; sometimes he would help her tend the roses and after they have rested, they would talk to each other for hours. In those few conversations, he got to know more about Seohyun. She told him that there were only three of them in the family: she, her father, and her older sister. Her mother died when she was still young because of a heart disease. Her favorite flower was rose. That’s the reason that they built a rose garden there. Seohyun said that their house was just nearby but she did not specify the location. She also asked him many things such as his family and friends. Surprisingly, she also asked if he knew Mandarin. She also told him that she had a very good friend who was a half-Chinese half-Korean so she knew a few words.

 

They talked about almost everything under the sun and with each day that went by, his heart had grown fonder of her. His heart would always jump in glee everytime he saw her and it would thump faster and faster with each minute that passed, as if telling him that she was the one… that he belonged to be there… to be by her side… to be with her… always.

 

He looked at her while she was busy tending the roses. Watching her, he wished that he could be in those roses’ place so that he could feel her tender caresses too. He let his eyes lingered on her for a while and observed her perfect side profile, the almond-shaped eyes, her rosy-colored cheeks, and her beautifully-shaped lips that he desired to capture even for once.

 

Seohyun caught him staring at her. “Why are you staring at me?” she asked. Slowly, he walked toward her and he leaned closer to her until their faces were just a few inches away from each other.

 

“What are you doing K-“ She did not finish her sentence for Kyuhyun’s lips were already pressed against her giving her a gentle and loving kiss. Seohyun’s eyes were wide with shock at his sudden act. Kyuhyun broke away and looked at her straight in the eyes as he uttered those three words, the three words that he wanted to say for so long.

 

“I love you.”

 

“Kyuhyun, I’m sorry I can’t.” Seohyun said, her lips quivering as her tears started to fall once again. Kyuhyun went to touch her hand but she slipped it from his grip.

 

“Why are you always avoiding my touch?” Kyuhyun asked. “I like you Seohyun. I want you. I love you. Don’t you love me?” Kyuhyun asked. “I always thought we have some connection ever since the day we met.”

 

Seohyun knew that this would be coming but how could she explain to him everything. It might be too much for him to understand.

 

“Seohyun, do you love me?” he asked again.

 

“K-“

 

“Just yes or no.”

 

Seohyun stood there, her eyes showing a deep sorrow. He asked her a question that she couldn’t lie about the answer. That was given. That was automatic.

 

“Yes, I love you too,” she replied. “But-“ Seohyun immediately turned her back against him.

 

“What but’s? See, we both love each other.” Kyuhyun walked toward her and wrapped his arms around her waist and completely enveloping her arms which were on her sides. “See, it’s perfectly okay,” he said. Seohyun was surprised that he could touch her like this.

 

“Are you still thinking about him?” Kyuhyun whispered to her ear. Seohyun shook her head. “I’m leaving soon,” she eventually said. Kyuhyun could feel a tear dropped on his skin.

 

“Where?” He asked while tightening his grip as if telling her that he would not allow her to go.

 

“Somewhere out of reach,” she said softly. “Where?!” He asked again with a louder voice.

 

“I can’t tell you,” Seohyun answered. Kyuhyun turned her body to face him and hold both of her arms. “Why do you always send cryptic messages? You are hiding secrets, I know. Why don’t you just tell me the truth?”

 

Seohyun looked at the arms that were holding her. She tried to get away from them but Kyuhyun was just strong. Then she started feeling something strange in her. If this continued, he would surely know her secret. She guessed she better took the risk.

 

“If I tell you the truth, will you promise me to believe it… no matter what?” She asked him. Kyuhyun nodded. “I am ready.”

 

“The truth is… I-“

 

Then they heard a rustle among the woods and a pair of voices talking to each other. “Someone’s coming,” she said while pushing Kyuhyun gently away from her and then she set off to hide somewhere. She managed to escape again…to evade him. Kyuhyun thought as he too set off to go back to the villa.

 

“Mianhae, Kyuhyun… Mianhae my Kui Xian…” Seohyun muttered as she hid behind a tree.

 

Soon enough, two persons came. One was an old woman and the other was a young lady. They exclaimed in surprise when they found the garden blooming with crimson roses. “Woah, the roses are all in full bloom. Seems like someone is taking good care of them,” said the young lady. They stepped inside the garden. The old woman looked at the ground, “I guess so,” she said.

-----------------

Kyuhyun arrived at the villa with his eyes red and swelling with tears. His hyungs looked at his dejected face. They wanted to ask him what happened but he just proceeded upstairs to his and Donghae’s shared room. He slammed the door shut and buried his face on the pillow muffling his cries. Downstairs, his hyungs were speculating on what happened to him. “A lover’s quarrel?” Yesung asked.

 

“Probably,” Heechul replied.

------------------

 

Hours later, Kyuhyun had fallen asleep and he had once again entered the world of his ambiguous dreams.

 

Everything was dark around him. Then he felt something fall to his shoulder. He picked it up and took a look at it. It was a red rose petal. One by one, the petals fell like rain until the whole ground was flooded with the crimson flowers.

 

Seohyun suddenly appeared before his eyes. She was staring blankly at him. He looked behind Seohyun and noticed that another girl was walking toward her. Her image was blurry at first but as she came closer, he soon recognized her.

 

His body trembled in fear at the sight of her. She was the suspect, the one who shot him in his previous dreams. Silently, she went behind Seohyun putting her one arm around her while her other hand remained hidden behind the back. She was wearing a wicked smirk on her face. Undoubtedly, she had an evil plan on her mind.

 

Slowly, she revealed what she was hiding behind her back. It was a silver metallic object…that narrowed into a pointed edge, a dagger. It was a dagger, a dagger glinting in the midst of darkness. His eyes widened when she pointed it directly at Seohyun’s throat.

 

“No!!!” He ran towards Seohyun to save her but something stopped him. Red ropes started wrapping all around his body, binding him altogether. He tried to free himself but it was all in vain. The ropes only tightened every time he attempted to escape.

 

“Who are you? Why are you doing this?!” Kyuhyun yelled in despair.

 

“You don’t recognize me?!’ she yelled back, her eyes looking at him darkly. The angry being that was masked beneath her beautiful face was finally revealed. “Hwang Miyoung!!! The one you always take for granted, the one who loved you the most, the one you left broken!!! And all because of this girl!!!” She yanked Seohyun closer, the dagger almost touching her. Kyuhyun held his breath as he watched the scene desperately.

 

“Don’t you dare hurt Seohyun! I am the one you hate so hurt me instead!” Kyuhyun said.

 

“You want to be killed? You want to die? Well then…” she released Seohyun and hurled the dagger straight to him. Kyuhyun closed his eyes waiting for his dark fate.

 

“NO!!! Kui Xian!!!” Seohyun’s voice reverberated in the background.

 

Kui Xian? Why did she call him Kui Xian? He opened his eyes and he saw a bunch of white feathers in front of him emerging out of nowhere. Then there was a blinding white light and the next thing that happened, he was transported back to the garden. He had to adjust his eyes that had accustomed to the darkness. Several scenes had played before him like he was watching a movie.

 

“Oppa!” Seohyun ran and backhugged an anonymous person. “I miss you.” He was surprised when that person turned around because he looked exactly like him.

 

“I’ll be leaving tomorrow but once I get back here, I will visit you immediately. Watch out for my big surprise.” ‘He’ said.

 

“I wish I could be just like a bird so that I could fly wherever you are.” Seohyun said while looking sadly at the sky.

 

“I’ll be back soon. I promise.” He kissed her forehead. “I don’t break promises, do I?” he asked. Seohyun gently shook her head. “I’ll be with you always… forever. Even if I were to be born again, it will be only you.”

 

Seohyun smiled and his face. “I’m glad that I met you.”

 

Kyuhyun stirred in his sleep. He opened his eyes and saw the dark ceiling. The only source of the light came from the moon which was shining brightly. He touched his cheek, he just felt like there was something soft that brushed against his skin. He looked beside him but he only saw Donghae who was quietly dozing. His sight shifted to the floor below and he saw a rose petal and a white feather. He bolted towards the window and in the serenity of the night; he found a single white dove flying away to the woods.

 

“I wish I could be just like a bird…”

 

“Seohyun?”

 

Kyuhyun rushed to the door. In the midst of his confusion, he wanted badly to see Seohyun now. He was about to turn the door knob when someone grabbed his hand. It was Donghae. Perhaps he woke up because of the sudden chaos that he made.

 

“Where are you going?” Donghae asked sleepily. “To the woods,” he answered. 

 

“This late at night? What if there were wild animals there?” He asked again. He obviously did not want him to go.

 

“Please…Hyung… I really need to find her… to talk with her,” Kyuhyun pleaded. Donghae could see the sincerity and the desperation in his eyes.

 

“Okay but let me come with you,” he said. Donghae grabbed a pair of flashlight and his hooded jacket. They walked down to the woods and Donghae was surprised to see the rose garden in the middle of it. Kyuhyun ran inside and the switch to light the chandelier.

 

“Seohyun-shi!!! Where are you? If you can hear me, please show up. Show yourself. I have to ask you a question!” Kyuhyun shouted at the top of his voice. No response other than the echoes.

 

“Seohyun!!!” He cried and fell down to his knees.

 

Donghae could not help but tear up too as he watched his anguished friend. They waited for a little bit more but there was still no Seohyun. “Kyuhyun, I don’t think she will show up.” He approached him and placed a hand on his shoulder. “Let’s go.” Kyuhyun got up and walked back home together with Donghae.

------------------

 

As usual for an early riser like Donghae, he woke up early in the morning, ahead of the other guys. As a part of his morning routine, he would do exercise in the backyard but today, he decided to have a different agenda. He glanced at Kyuhyun who was still sleeping. He remembered about last night and how difficult for him to watch Kyuhyun in such sorrow. Kyuhyun fell silent when they got home but he knew he was hurting deep inside.

 

Donghae ambled to the forest that day. Within the depths of the woods, he called for Seohyun.

 

“Seohyun-shi! Wherever you are, Kyuhyun needs you! I don’t know what happened between you and him but please talk to him! I really wanna help him. I wanna help both of you so please… Would you please reveal yourself to me?” Donghae called.

 

All of the sudden, a white dove flew past him. It seemed like it was telling him to follow it somewhere so he chased after it. Unknowingly, he was able to reach the garden. He peered through the bars and saw a young lady inside.

 

“You, again?” she asked to the dove who took a rest upon her index finger.

 

Tall, long hair, fair skin, beautiful smile and based on Kyuhyun’s tales, she was fond of wearing white dress. She fits all the categories. Could she be Seohyun?Donghae asked himself. Donghae felt a little jealous of Kyuhyun. How lucky he was to witness such a beautiful smile everyday.

 

No, Donghae. You should not be like that. Friendship over love.He scolded himself. “I have to tell Kyuhyun about this.” Then he ran off back to the villa.

 

End of Chapter. 

A/N: A long chapter for you guys since I was not able to update for the last 2 days.

The dream was inspired by The Boys MV and Mr. Simple 2nd teaser...

Did Donghae really see Seohyun? BTW, the truth is coming out soon

Next chapter: Her Real Identity