eight

Memories

Hyoyeon POV

 

 

During our MBC Music Bank schedule, while waiting for our turn to perform, I was walking around the corridors when I saw a manly figure approach me. I glanced at him and realised it was BEAST’s Lee Kikwang, also known as the mute guy from high school and my dance partner.

 

He unfortunately lost his memory in a plane accident but he somehow managed to get his voice and apparently, that was all that was enough for everyone -- or at least for my best friend. Since then, I faked that I never knew him apart from him as a BEAST member.

 

“Hyoyeon-ssi!” Kikwang called out to me.

 

“Oh, Kikwang-ssi…” I was shocked that he would call out to me.

 

“Can we speak for awhile?” He asked.

 

I was stunned. Did he regain his memory already?

 

“Sonyeoshidae in 10 minutes!” An announcement was made..

 

“Make it quick. I have to go get ready in 5.”

 

We just settled in the pantry when he started firing questions at me.

 

“Were we dance partners before? When was that? How did we become dance partners? How did we get to know each other? Why is it that you’ve never approached me if you’ve known me from before?”

 

“Yah yah… Slow down… Okay, yes we were dance partners from before in high school.” I chuckled at his anxiety.

 

“Did I ever address you as Hyo before?” He asked.

 

I started to panic. “A-aniyo…”

 

--flashback--

 

“Hyoyeon-ah, he forgot…He forgot who I am….” Hyosung weeped.

 

“Mwo?! (What?!) How is that possible? The both of you loved each other so much…” I couldn’t believe what I was hearing.

 

I rushed into the bedroom to find out for myself.

 

“Kikwang-ah, do you remember me?”

 

“Aniyo… Nuguseyo? (Who are you?)”

 

I shook my head and exited his room, ignoring his question.

 

“Hyoyeon-ah, in the future, if Kikwang asks you about the past, never tell him I existed… Please…” Hyosung pleaded me weakly.

 

Seeing her in this weak and frail state really broke my heart and so I promised her.

 

--end of flashback--

 

No, I really can’t tell him about Hyosung. Wait, I can tell him about Hyosung without telling him it’s Hyosung.

 

“You’ve never addressed me as Hyo but to another girl, yes. By the way, how come you suddenly approached me about this?”

 

End of Hyoyeon POV


 

Kikwang POV

 

Ahhhh… It’s not her…

 

But she seems to be keeping a secret from me, like she knows something about the Hyo-girl.

 

“By the way, how come you’ve suddenly approached me about this?” She questioned me.

 

“Recently, I have been having weird thoughts regarding a Hyo-girl but I just can’t figure out who she is. Apparently, we sort of were in a relationship that was kind of cheesy. You seem to know who she is… Can you tell me about her?” I was really desperate and begged Hyoyeon to tell me who she was.

 

“Mianhe (Sorry) I promised not to tell you about what happened in the past. But I can tell you that you really broke her heart when you forgot who she was…” She answered solemnly.

 

“I understand… Kamsahabnida (Thank you) Hyoyeon-ah! Since we were dance partners from before, I hop we can be comfortable with each other from now on.” I smiled sadly and thanked her.

 

“Ne!” She grinned at me.

 

“Sonyeoshidae standby!” Another announcement was made.

 

“I have to go now. Annyeong!” She waved and jogged to her dressing room.

 

I sighed. Not only did I find the wrong Hyo-girl, I also didn’t find new clues about the real Hyo-girl.

 

My head was starting to hurt again as I walked back to my waiting room. I only barely collapsed on the sofa when it hurt really really bad.

 

End of Kikwang POV


 

Hyoyeon POV

 

After my performance, I hurried back to the waiting room. I grabbed my phone and ran to the staircase, where it was quieter to call Hyosung to warn her about Kikwang.

 

“Yobuseyo? (Hello?)” After 2 missed calls, Hyosung finally picked up.

 

------------------------------------------------------telephone conversation-----------------------------------------

Hyoyeon: Yah! Kikwang approached me today and asked about us being dance partners

Hyosung: Jinja?! (Really?!)

Hyoyeon: He sort of remembers your past relationship but he doesn’t remember you

Hyosung: Ahhh…

Hyoyeon: I just wanted to tell you to be careful of your feelings especially if he approaches you

Hyosung: Arasso I’ll try… Hyoyeon-ah it still hurts… Why? *voice cracks a little*

Hyoyeon: Sungie-ah you free tomorrow? We need a best friends’ day out together.

Hyosung: Maybe… I’ll check with Manager-unnie and get back to you. Hyoyeon, I gotta go! Annyeong!

Hyoyeon: Sungie annyeong!

 

----------------------------------------------end of telephone conversation----------------------------------------

 

End of Hyoyeon POV

 

3rd Person POV

Little did she know that someone was eavesdropping on her conversation from above.