seven

Memories

Hyosung POV

 

 

--continuation of flashback (as in the previous chapter) --

 

"Thanks." He took the medication from my hands.

 

I exhaled slightly and waited for him to eat them and go back to sleep so I could escape from this death hole. (A/N: ok I honestly think that I exaggerated but I know how this feels so I wrote it this way. Let me know if you have any better description of the "death-hole" and I'll edit it)

 

Unfortunately, he was staring like a dumb kid at the tablets in his hand like he didn't know what on earth those things were.

 

The atmosphere started to get awkward between the two of us so I cleared my throat and asked, "Aren't you gonna eat them?"

 

Kikwang glanced up at me in shock, like I had just burst the bubble of his own little world.

 

I felt my heart skip a beat as I looked into his eyes, his blank stare. I could no longer figure out what he was thinking about, never again like before.

 

--end of flashback--

 

End of Hyosung POV


 

Kikwang POV

 

Hyo? Who's Hyo? Was she the girl in all those weird thoughts I had during filming? 

 

I frowned, deep in thought.

 

"Are you okay?" A voice popped out from nowhere and asked me.

 

There I saw Hyosung with a look of worry on her face.

 

"Uhhhh... Ne... Thanks!" I added fake happy thank-you at the end, hoping she would leave so I could think in peace.

 

"Hyosung-ssi!" Her coordi waved at her, motioning for her to go over.

 

"Arasso, then I'll leave now." She waved at me, signaling her departure, before running down the corridor to the anxious coordi-noona.

 

I sighed in relief as her running figure got smaller as the seconds ticked away.

 

Unknown to me, half an hour passed very quickly and soon, filming was resumed.

 

End of Kikwang POV


 

Hyosung POV

 

"Everyone, please gather back in the studio in 2 minutes time!" The PD announced.

 

Make-up artist unnies and stylist unnies were scurrying around, touching up on our makeup and clothings. The emcees were browsing through scripts and the crew were conducting last-minute mic tests and camera checks.

 

"Cameras rolling in 5-4-3-2-1!"

 

For the rest of the filming, my spirits were low but of course, I couldn't show my current moody self and tried to act like the usual bubbly and cheery me. It obviously wasn't working when the PD cut the filming.

 

"Hyosung-ssi, is there something wrong?You've looked quite troubled after the break."

 

"Aniyo, gwenchanayo! (No, I am fine!)" I raised my eyebrows and added that fake happy tone in my voice as if everything was ok.

 

Anyway, the PD didn't buy my excuse and cut off filming for the day.

 

While some of the cast were sort of annoyed that filming was cut off -- meaning that schedules were messed up and stuff --, most were nice enough to ask me if I was alright.

 

Yes -- my reply to them was yes, I'm fine. Well, if I were Pinocchio, then my nose would have gone through the wall already.

 

Unfortunately, despite me being "the one who made his heart flutter" and despite me doing a favour to the guy, never did he once show a tinsy bit of concern to me after filming ended.

 

--flashback--

 

I didn't feel like going to school or training today. Ok, maybe I felt this way everyday but today, exceptionally. I mean who wants to go for school and training on a Monday just after recovering from a fever which occurred in the weekend?

 

As I dragged my feet to school, I mumbled to myself. "Stupid doctor couldn't give me an extra day of medical leave... Stupid mother wouldn't care that I haven't fully recovered to bring me to the doctor's to get an extra day of medical leave..."

 

It was probably because I had no appetite so I didn't have breakfast and also probably because I didn't eat breakfast, I started to feel faint while walking to my locker.

 

My best friend, Hyoyeon, immediately noticed that I wasn't feeling alright when I collapsed against my locker next to her.

 

"Yah! You ok?" She questioned me in worry.

 

I waved her away, too weak to reply.

 

"Aish, if you didn't feel well then why would you come..." She mumbled in annoyance while dragging me to the sick bay.

 

I chuckled weakly at the funny Hyoyeon. Even if she was annoyed, she still cared for me. That's why I loved her.

 

We barely made it to the sick bay when the warning bell rang. Hyo dropped me at the sick bay in the care of the school nurse and sprinted to the office to get us hall passes before the first bell rang.

 

I stayed at the sick bay until lunch period. During the first break, many of my classmates came to the sick bay to cheer me up.

 

"Yah Hyosung-ah! You okay?"

 

"You little dummy! When you could skip school and stay home, you actually came to school and spent half of school in the sick bay..."

 

"Are you fine? You look really pale..."

 

Their comments made me feel weaker and paler than I actually was. It was really nice of them to come down during break but too many of them made the room suffocating as well.

 

He, however, never showed up.

 

Right after lunch period was dance class, the last class of the day.

 

I ran up to him who was sitting in the corner of the dance studio, sleeping.

 

"Yah! How could you?"

 

He stirred from his sleep and glanced at me, What?

 

"Yah! Your girlfriend was at the sick bay for half a day and you didn't even have the nerve to go see her?"

 

Since everyone was planning to go, I thought it would have been worse if I showed up. Admit it, you wouldn't have liked it anyway...

 

I just stared.

 

"Okay, fine. But you could have sent some text or called." I gave in but still disappointed that he didn't show any form of concern to me.

 

Mianhe... He pouted at me.

 

Aigoo, he's so adorable I can't even...

 

--end of flashback--

 

End of Hyosung POV


 

Kikwang POV

 

It was a pity that filming was cut. But more worrying, Hyosung was out of sorts. However, even worse, my headache was coming back and now it was worse than before. I took some painkillers and hurried into the car to get some sleep.

 

As Manager-hyung started the car, I drifted off in to deep slumber.

 

--dream/flashback--

 

As I was walking down the corridor to my first class of the day, a blonde-haired girl came up to me.

 

"Yo yo, Kikwang!"

 

Yo yo Hyoyeon!

 

"Wanna practice our new dance during break?"

 

Sure.

 

"Yeah, we're gonna rock dance class tomorrow. Whoooo! Kay, bye." She laughed and waved.

 

I waved back and smiled. My crazy dance partner was crazy, I shook my head and walked to class.

 

--end of dream/flashback--

 

Hyo... Could it be that the Hyo-girl in my thoughts earlier was Hyoyeon?

 

*gasp* No way...

 

End of Kikwang POV